Isn't one million barrels more damaging the 300 barrels of OIL???

Discussion in 'Politics' started by healthmyths, Jan 23, 2012.

1. healthmyths

healthmyths Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,858
    I've asked this forum several times and YET not ONE environmentalist supporter has answered this question:

Why would you environmentalists WANT 1 million barrels per day in tankers at risk for shipwreck due to weather, crew errors, equipment problems versus less then 300 barrels per day at risk in a one mile length of buried pipeline?

I mean ask ANYONE on the street .. which is a larger number:
    1 million barrels or 300 barrels?

Which would have a Greater damage to the environment.. one million barrels on the ocean on 300 barrels from a buried pipeline?

Which would have the greater CHANCE of spilling one million barrels from a shipwreck (consider the current cruise ship spilling 11,000 barrels right now) or 300 barrels in one mile of pipeline.

I have always been taught 1 million is a lot more then 300!

2. FireFly

FireFly Bright F**ker

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +520
  3. healthmyths

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,858
    YES you are right!
    And pipelines have gremlins inside that flow up and down the pipeline digging holes and spring leaks!
    OR yes ...this is it.. some mysterious ghostly indians riding on top of the buried pipeline will shoot arrows and set the entire 2,147 miles on FIRE! Oh boy I like this imagining activity!

Maybe some anti-pipeline environmentalists will ACTUALLY prove that
    1 million barrels is LESS then 300 barrels!
    In their bizzaro world I wouldn't doubt it!
    Too bad the real world injects itself with the Chinese ready to buy!

When asked how serious Ottawa is about selling oil to China, and run the risk of compromising Canada's relationship with the United States, Harper replied: "I am very serious about selling our oil off this continent, selling our energy products off to Asia."

But the prime minster also said that on a recent trip to the U.S., he was told by a number of senior officials that the Keystone XL pipeline will be approved, thereby opening a new route for Canadian oil to be sent to refineries on the U.S. Gulf Coast.

"I ran into several senior Americans, who all said, ‘Don't worry, we'll get Keystone done. You can sell all of your oil to us.' I said, ‘Yeah we'd love to but the problem is now we're on a different track.'"

The pipeline has been delayed as U.S. President Barack Obama seeks more environmental assessments before deciding whether to give the project the green light. He has put off making a decision until after next year's elections.

Read more: Harper warns Americans he will ship oil elsewhere | CTV News

4. asaratis

asaratis Uppity Senior Citizen Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,532
    You are neglecting one huge factor in this equation...the environmentalist movement consists of a scant few true environmentalists that are truly interested in protecting the environment, joined by a great number of displaced communist sympathizers interested only in the derailment of private enterprise and capitalism. They are not interested in numbers at all...just keeping the drilling, pipe line construction and nuclear plant construction from happening.

Obama has delayed the pipeline decision until after the election (to keep the favor [and votes] of the environmentalists). As I understand it, this keeps at least 20,000 jobs off the table. And that lying bastard says he's trying to create jobs!

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  5. Soggy in NOLA

Soggy in NOLA Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,667
    Oil is evil... haven't you heard?

6. Big Fitz

Big Fitz User Quit *****

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,475
    yep, the luddites, freezniks and other Malthusians have collected under the junk science label of glowbull wurming. They make up the vast majority of the chicken little chorus that sings arias of how western civ is going to kill us all and we're gonna dieeeeeeee!!!

If you want to see real environmentalism in action, look to hunting groups who have the idea in a moderate and correct proportion. They understand man will never have 'zero impact' and shouldn't. They see manmade projects like pipelines and dams that can help nature be better as well as advance mankind's affluence. Restocking projects, hunting season regulation, ecological replanting for better, more healthy programs, forestry work. That's where your real true environmentalism... or as I prefer to call them, conservationists, are. Finding the line where man and nature live in more harmony, but never forgetting man is on top.

7. FireFly

FireFly Bright F**ker

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +520
    Enviro Wackos Need to take their own advice.

[​IMG]

8. Euro

Euro Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26
    American politicians don’t understand the value of oil drilling. They have a trade embargo with their neighbor Cuba. Cuba have large deposits of oil and european, chinese and asian companaines have taken large contracts there.

Why not trade with Cuba, that have large deposits of oil. European and chinese companies gets away with the contracts. The buddy,neighbor and brother people at Cuba, why not trade with them when everyone else can?

9. G.T.

G.T. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,620
  10. healthmyths

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,858
    Using your comment then it proves how DUMB Obama is!
    Why else would he reject if a handful environmentalists are driving this with the remaining anti-pipeline as you said really anti-capitalists and using your premise then Obama IS anti-capitalist MORE then he is an environmentalist!

Obama rejection was NOT then environmentally driven from your perspective it was
    anti-capitalism and that is where Dumbobama proves to the independents!

Realistically why cancel something LESS environmentally damaging then you independents???

Because Obama is ANTI-BUSINESS.. ANTI-OIL... ANTI-American independence!

YOU are right!!!