Isn't It Time To End This 70yr Bombing Campaign?

It is pretty weird that most Americans cannot remember a time when we weren't bombing and at War with someone. This perpetual state of War really is beginning to look so much like George Orwell's 1984. I guess there will always be an enemy to bomb. If they don't exist i'm sure our Government will invent them. That's what it looks like to me anyway. Are we really all that far away from becoming Oceania?

really? Whom did we bomb from 1977 to 1983? I had friends who were in the military then and their biggest problem was boredom. With the exception of the brief Gulf War and a couple of minor actions whom did we bomb before the Afghanistan War?
Do you think the gov't invented 9/11? Did they invent the USS Cole? Khobar Towers?
Perpetual state of war? When was the last war declared? I believe it was WW2.

Take Vietnam for instance.
How many were killed on both sides in our effort to stop the spread of communism?
We failed, but in recent years Bush was seen there hobnobbing with the communist leaders to promote trade and good relations.

Now why could this have not happened before?
How many trade opportunities have we missed with Cuba?

We must overcome our fears of difference and embrace our similarities.
We must also overcome the fears and distrust induced by those who profit from war.

There's big money to be made off war and America is all about big money.

yes why I posted early in this thread about how stopping bombing would cost jobs.
But in my opinion jobs based on killing for reasons other than in actual self defense are just plain wrong and do not need to exist.

How many military actions since WW2 have been in actual self defense of America?

Not a one. They've all been nothing more than mis-guided military adventures.

About the only thing we should be thankful for in this regard is that there is no more draft and that the people fighting and dieing and getting fucked up in these escapades are doing it under their own free will.

Been to an Airport lately? Most people i know try to avoid flying at all costs. It's just not a pleasant experience. So perpetual War does effect individual citizens. Most just don't understand that unfortunately. Freedom is disappearing. It's happening a little more everyday. Just pay closer attention and this will become pretty obvious. The Government can do anything when it comes to "Defending the Nation."

It is pretty weird that most Americans cannot remember a time when we weren't bombing and at War with someone. This perpetual state of War really is beginning to look so much like George Orwell's 1984. I guess there will always be an enemy to bomb. If they don't exist i'm sure our Government will invent them. That's what it looks like to me anyway. Are we really all that far away from becoming Oceania?

really? Whom did we bomb from 1977 to 1983? I had friends who were in the military then and their biggest problem was boredom. With the exception of the brief Gulf War and a couple of minor actions whom did we bomb before the Afghanistan War?
Do you think the gov't invented 9/11? Did they invent the USS Cole? Khobar Towers?

There has been no respite in this never-ending War. You call some bombings "minor actions" but they were still bombings. There has been no let-up in these bombings. Just look at the time-frames you mentioned? Go back and look closer and i'm sure you will see that we were bombing someone in those time-frames. You are right though about no War being declared. If they did follow our Constitution,this never-ending War would have already ended a long time ago. Not declaring War is probably the biggest problem.

There's big money to be made off war and America is all about big money.

yes why I posted early in this thread about how stopping bombing would cost jobs.
But in my opinion jobs based on killing for reasons other than in actual self defense are just plain wrong and do not need to exist.

How many military actions since WW2 have been in actual self defense of America?

Not a one. They've all been nothing more than mis-guided military adventures.

About the only thing we should be thankful for in this regard is that there is no more draft and that the people fighting and dieing and getting fucked up in these escapades are doing it under their own free will.

Yes but an all volunteer military creates a self eating watermelon kind of thing.
Is it better to have some in there who really do not want to be there and would be a bit more critical of wars?
Abu grabass comes to mind...
Some of our voluntary military are in there for entirely the wrong reasons. I have seen those who like to kill....
I hope you got my point, I am very poor at expressing such things. As I am sure you have noticed :D

You're insane.

First of all, you need to learn what The Domino Effect was:
Domino theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

psssst. it was what you were talking about

Second, not all of America's wars have been about communism. Sorry to burst that bubble.

Tell you what, how about you go read the short blurbs about all the wars we've been in...and come back when you can talk intelligently about them. Don't worry. I'll wait.

You're an idiot.
I know very well what the domino effect was. I wonder whether you do.
And the only one saying all of America's wars were about communism was you.
So you are arguing with yourself.
Which one of us is insane again?

1. Dont use insults like idiot. Either you want to insult me (which means I shouldnt respond to you if you can't at least be civil) or you think insults dont matter (which they do).

2. There's a better way of saying that someone has misread your argument.

3. I NEVER said that they were all about communism. EVER. That's you, bub.

4. Why would I rail against something I supposedly said.

Do I really need to take the effort to scroll back and show how you said what I said you did? :cuckoo:

There has been no respite in this never-ending War. You call some bombings "minor actions" but they were still bombings. There has been no let-up in these bombings. Just look at the time-frames you mentioned? Go back and look closer and i'm sure you will see that we were bombing someone in those time-frames. You are right though about no War being declared. If they did follow our Constitution,this never-ending War would have already ended a long time ago. Not declaring War is probably the biggest problem.

"There has been no let up in these bombings."
Really? Again, whom did we bomb from 1976 on?

We were still at War with much of the World in 1976. Check out the Korean area at that time. We were still engaged in bloody battles with the North. There were other areas with incidents as well. You should also consider the amount of military support we were giving to various nations in various conflicts from then till now. War has never ended for us. It has just gone on and on and on...

This is the part where he tries to save himself by saying he only, specifically meant "bombing" as in the literal use of bombs. Which doesnt even work to save himself.

We were still at War with much of the World in 1976. Check out the Korean area at that time. We were still engaged in bloody battles with the North. There were other areas with incidents as well. You should also consider the amount of military support we were giving to various nations in various conflicts from then till now. War has never ended for us. It has just gone on and on and on...
More evasion.
With whom were we "at war" with? Please cite a congressional resolution. We had troops stationed in Korea, and have had since the war there. We had troops stationed in China for nearly 100 years. Were we at war with China all during that time? We have troops in the Philippines for that long. Were we bombing the Philippines? Maybe someone forgot to tell the newspapers?
Which "various nations in various conflicts" are you talking about?

You'll need to start talking darkly about the military-industrial complex and neo-cons in order to maintain your eligibility for a wookie suit.

Been to an Airport lately? Who really wants to fly anymore? Not a pleasant experience. Our Freedom is disappearing. That's what this never-ending War is giving us. Some people will go on fooling themselves but make no mistake about it,we are losing more of our Freedom every day. How many enemies are we up to at this point? When will it end? When will Orwell's 1984 become a reality? Who will be our enemy tomorrow? It really is very sad.

Hopefully someday people will become enlightened and realize that never-ending Warfare only leads to more loss of Freedom & Liberty in the end. Just take a closer look at what our Airports have become. That's what we have to look forward to for all aspects of life in America if we continue on with this never-ending War. How many more enemies can we stand? What price will we have to pay? Something to ponder i guess.

Recent pic of LibocalypseNow:

2179173334_4b92881b97.jpg

Yes but an all volunteer military creates a self eating watermelon kind of thing.

I hope you got my point, I am very poor at expressing such things. As I am sure you have noticed :D

:eek:

YOU!!!
:eek:

You think you're "very poor at expressing????"

:eusa_hand:

Who the hell hasn't imagined a "self eating watermelon kind of thing???"

Hell, I wish you'd tell me what herbs your putting in your Lasagna.:tongue:

What are you going to do with all of the illiterate, flag waving, dipshits ?
They're unemployable, hence the need for a huge military to give them something to do.
If there were no military/industrial complex, the unemployment in Amurkastan would be 40%

Unfortunately there are still far too many people who don't realize that constant Warfare does lead to them losing their Freedom & Liberty right here at home. How many more enemies can this nation stand? Many people really do believe that this never-ending foreign bombing campaign doesn't effect them here. With countless enemies,the Government must take action here at home to protect the people. These actions inevitably lead to taking away more Freedom & Liberty from the people. This is happening right now. I really do think that a dramatic change in Foreign Policy is needed. Lets end this never-ending War.

Forum List

Back