Islamophobic Conservative Texan education board

Lots of world history has jack shit to do with Islam. I know that Obama swears they invented everything on the planet and are the cradle of civilization but that doesn't make it true.

This is just another 'let's accuse the conservatives of being racists' whines from a racist.

Islam was spawned by a particularly intelligent backward tribal lunatic. Fuck them and the camel they rode in on. The only things they've contributed to civilization are death and misery. Everything they claim they actually stole from cultures they subjugated and stifled.

The same people would eventually become Muslims had thriving civilizations before there was anything called Christianity. Your post was idiotic and bigoted, what about the European hordes that went into Africa and the Americas under the banner of the cross committing genocidal acts? Get a history lesson monkey and be consistent.

Texas ed board adopts resolution limiting Islam - Yahoo! News

Fear Islam! Fear Islam! Clap! Lets go Islamophobes lets go! CLAP CLAP!! :D

So I guess it is better that the Lie about the history of Islam and tell our kids they were all peaceful and loving when they conquered much of the Christian world?

Please.

This is not Islamaphobia it is a response to the Revisionist way Islam has been portrayed in our Schools. IMO

This is a strawman argument idiot, read the link again.

Lots of world history has jack shit to do with Islam. I know that Obama swears they invented everything on the planet and are the cradle of civilization but that doesn't make it true.

This is just another 'let's accuse the conservatives of being racists' whines from a racist.

Islam was spawned by a particularly intelligent backward tribal lunatic. Fuck them and the camel they rode in on. The only things they've contributed to civilization are death and misery. Everything they claim they actually stole from cultures they subjugated and stifled.

The same people would eventually become Muslims had thriving civilizations before there was anything called Christianity. Your post was idiotic and bigoted, what about the European hordes that went into Africa and the Americas under the banner of the cross committing genocidal acts? Get a history lesson monkey and be consistent.

Really? Timeline of Islam

Try again.

Feel free to prove your point by explaining how each and every one of these contributions was stolen:

Inventions in medieval Islam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Being a Christian must be terrible for you, Allie. I can only imagine how insecure in your beliefs you must be to feel the need to lie about Islam all the time. Why do you love to lie?

Try again.

"The same people who would eventually become Muslims..."

Try again.

My post was about pre-Islamic Middle Eastern people and Muslims had civilization also.

Try again.

"The same people who would eventually become Muslims..."

Yep, that guy has a serious lack of reading comprehension skills, people's language and religion can change but biologically they're still the same people.

Out of curiosity, CG, do the names Ibn Sina (Avicenna), Harun ar-Rashid, and Umar ibn al-Khattab ring any bells?

Yep. They do.

You will notice, I didn't claim that Islam has contributed nothing to the world, only that it is just one of many cultures that has impacted the development of the world we know. I see no reason to single out Islam for special treatment one way or the other. I am neither pro nor anti Islam. Muslims are not special... they are just people. Like everyone else. If that doesn't suit you, tough shit.

So then why do you support treating them special (removing mention of them from textbooks)?

If CaliforniaGirl is being honest, then she will leave it to the Texas high school teachers to sort out what will be taught concerning American and Islam, and none will worry about the state Board of Education who can't tell the teachers what to teach.

If CaliforniaGirl is being honest, then she will leave it to the Texas high school teachers to sort out what will be taught concerning American and Islam, and none will worry about the state Board of Education who can't tell the teachers what to teach.

Well you would think that California Girl would realize that educating people about Muslims would lower down ignorance and irrational hate of Muslims and show people the difference between what its supposed to be. When you have a lack of knowledge ignorance seeps in.

While CaliforniaGirl does not have a lock on willful ignorance, she does possess her fair share of it.

Well, it's the nature of the culture, you know. Go to certain black-dominated school systems, you get the stupidity of the Africa-centric group; go to Japan, and you will find the system still tries to defend the Japanese terror and horror that it inflicted on millions of citizen victims; and go to Georgia, and you will find Newt Gingrich infected with the Georgia anti-colonial world view.

The ability to critically think, to objectively inspect, and to reason without bias is not a skill set with which people are born. It has to be learned. It requires self honesty.

CaliforniaGirl is not alone in that fail.

Well, it's the nature of the culture, you know. Go to certain black-dominated school systems, you get the stupidity of the Africa-centric group; go to Japan, and you will find the system still tries to defend the Japanese terror and horror that it inflicted on millions of citizen victims; and go to Georgia, and you will find Newt Gingrich infected with the Georgia anti-colonial world view.

The ability to critically think, to objectively inspect, and to reason without bias is not a skill set with which people are born. It has to be learned. It requires self honesty.

What stupid "Africa-centric" stuff are you talking about? There are some fringe people amongst us but you characterize us all as the same.

Nope, not all black educators by any means, and not a significant minority, but, yes, there are some wierdos like that, just like we have wierdo whitemakesmightright groups. My point remains that critical thinking is a skill set that takes time, objectivity, and self-honesty. My hardest part remains always to factor in my anti-redneck bias.

Last edited:
ah, a hobby crusader.

official definition of a cult?

lol

looks like every religion could fall under your nebulous def.

"it indoctrinates its members"

orly?
You have a point, but there is a one very large difference. Christians, Hindus, Buddhists, Jews, etc... none of them have suicide bombers. Only Islam. Only Islam calls for the death of all non-believers. It is a death cult. Sorry.

no apologies needed.

japan had suicide bombers and they were guided by state shinto.

you also have not understood why shia=death cult would make sense and islam=death cult does not.

but you have also not defined cult.

you are basically just emoting against trhe MSUELSINS!

You do realize that the 9/11 perpetrators were SUNNI Muslims??:cuckoo:

Zander, that is new to me. Please give some sources for that statement that the 9-11 plane bombers were Sunni.

While CaliforniaGirl does not have a lock on willful ignorance, she does possess her fair share of it.

In this topic her position is irrational and very Eurocentric, but I don't blame her, I blame the very school system who actions she's defending.

I wasn't aware that I am the focus of the thread, but I am honored to have caused such concern. I guess that, for the sake of convenience, it is easier to view my stance as Eurocentric, but it really isn't. I just don't see why we should give undue emphasis to any culture - whatever it is, rather than focus on the achievements that matter most to the development of today's society. That isn't anti or pro anyone. It is simply a personal view that we cannot teach every kid about every single individual achievement of every single culture. We seem to be incapable of educating kids to read and write properly, yet alone inundate them with crap.

I understand that it must be offensive to some of my fellow Americans that I choose to pursue part of my education, and part of my working life outside the borders of the US, but I happen to believe that it is a great way to understand other cultures - to live among them, to travel to countries and learn about them first hand.

People like JokeDorkey seem overly concerned with the individual lives of others.... to the point where he will make unfounded and unprovable allegations in some vein attempt to 'prove' something. He thinks he is far more clever than the evidence provided indicates.

How entertaining! Joke talks about critical thinking and objective inspection, and yet fails in each and every post to demonstrate either skill. That's gloriously funny.

JokeDorkey joins in that fail.

Forum List

Back