Islamophobic Conservative Texan education board

Stop the leftist conspiracy crap, lib, it's not flattering to you and its stupid. Think it through. We have a history of self-correction at the community level. There is no way the jihadists can get a foothold here without them hanging from lamp posts at the end of the day.

Well i'll continue to stand by my "Leftist Conspiracy" crap. Most Leftists do have a weird obsession with hating Christians,hence all the feigned sympathy and continuous defense of Muslims. Anything that can possibly hurt Christianity is a good thing to Leftists. I also stand by my belief that more Mosques being built and more Muslims in a country does inevitably lead to more radical Muslim Terrorists being in that country as well. You obviously disagree with my assessments. That's cool with me. For me it's still...

feaf.jpg

You go on and on about most Leftists HATING Christianity when most leftists ARE Christians....so, obviously, you really mean....those who don't agree with you are not real Christians.

Of course, it's obvious that in reality it is YOU who are not a Christian. Because if you were...it would give people a very good reason to dislike Christianity.

Did you learn about them in either primary or secondary school?

I attended a Catholic School, where we studied the major religions.... and their contributions to the world. :eek::eek: Damn, Catholics - teaching us about Islam!! Of course, they included every other faith, and cultures.... I guess one might even call it a rounded education with an emphasis on critical thinking. What an outrage.

I was just curious because I didn't. "World History" classes were almost completely Western-centric and failed to discuss many important non-Western figures in world history like the men I listed above. If classes are going to be taught about world history, undue emphasis shouldn't be placed on any single part of the world. If people want to limit what is taught about other parts of the world, I suppose that's fine, but they shouldn't dishonestly claim that their children are being taught world history.

You hit the nail right of the head with this post Kalam, most schools in America are Euro-Westerncentric and put a heavy emphasis on Europe, especially on what Europeans have done within the last 700 years and forget or either omit the history of other peoples in the world. There have movements from students to have a more inclusive curriculum to include the studies of all regions but classicists and conservatives with axes to grind have been trying to suppress by stating that doing such is racist and promoting the superiority of minority groups when that isn't the case. Civilization in this world was neither solely Christian, Muslim, Jewish or any other religion different peoples with different religions attained high levels of civilizations.

That said, I must say that I have one criticism on studies done on Islamic civilizations in that they overstate the contributions of Arabs, especially in Africa which is my area of expertise. Its often depicted that Arabs came into Africa and civilized a bunch of uncivilized savages which far from the case, thus the link in my sig is my message board where some of us debunk such notions. If the nation's schools are not going to tell the story of peoples other than Europeans its up to peoples of non-European descent to do our own research, presentations tell our own story.

I attended a Catholic School, where we studied the major religions.... and their contributions to the world. :eek::eek: Damn, Catholics - teaching us about Islam!! Of course, they included every other faith, and cultures.... I guess one might even call it a rounded education with an emphasis on critical thinking. What an outrage.

I was just curious because I didn't. "World History" classes were almost completely Western-centric and failed to discuss many important non-Western figures in world history like the men I listed above. If classes are going to be taught about world history, undue emphasis shouldn't be placed on any single part of the world. If people want to limit what is taught about other parts of the world, I suppose that's fine, but they shouldn't dishonestly claim that their children are being taught world history.

You hit the nail right of the head with this post Kalam, most schools in America are Euro-Westerncentric and put a heavy emphasis on Europe, especially on what Europeans have done within the last 700 years and forget or either omit the history of other peoples in the world. There have movements from students to have a more inclusive curriculum to include the studies of all regions but classicists and conservatives with axes to grind have been trying to suppress by stating that doing such is racist and promoting the superiority of minority groups when that isn't the case. Civilization in this world was neither solely Christian, Muslim, Jewish or any other religion different peoples with different religions attained high levels of civilizations.

That said, I must say that I have one criticism on studies done on Islamic civilizations in that they overstate the contributions of Arabs, especially in Africa which is my area of expertise. Its often depicted that Arabs came into Africa and civilized a bunch of uncivilized savages which far from the case, thus the link in my sig is my message board where some of us debunk such notions. If the nation's schools are not going to tell the story of peoples other than Europeans its up to peoples of non-European descent to do our own research, presentations tell our own story.

Africa was one of the areas I had in mind when I made that post. When I was in school, the accomplishments of Africans were discussed cursorily. The continent was mostly discussed in relation to European colonization. I know for a fact now that elementary schools where I grew up teach about the Ghana, Mali, and Songhai Empires now, so I hope this trend of broadening horizons will continue. My own knowledge of early and middle African history is limited; I only know a little about the aforementioned societies and about the Aksumites since the Negus provided a temporary haven for part of the early Muslim community. I agree about the "civilizing" myth. When Mansa Musa traveled from Timbuktu through the Arab world on his way to Makkah, he saw that a new mosque was built wherever he was each Friday and gave the people so much gold that the entire region's economy was affected. It's easy to see who was doing the "civilizing" there.

Africa was one of the areas I had in mind when I made that post. When I was in school, the accomplishments of Africans were discussed cursorily. The continent was mostly discussed in relation to European colonization. I know for a fact now that elementary schools where I grew up teach about the Ghana, Mali, and Songhai Empires now, so I hope this trend of broadening horizons will continue. My own knowledge of early and middle African history is limited; I only know a little about the aforementioned societies and about the Aksumites since the Negus provided a temporary haven for part of the early Muslim community. I agree about the "civilizing" myth. When Mansa Musa traveled from Timbuktu through the Arab world on his way to Makkah, he saw that a new mosque was built wherever he was each Friday and gave the people so much gold that the entire region's economy was affected. It's easy to see who was doing the "civilizing" there.

Which is all very nice to know but...... on what planet is it of relevance? Should we educate kids on every single 'achievement' of every religion on the planet? If so, when do we teach these kids anything other than history?

For heavens sake, we are not gonna spend years on end teaching kids the contributions of Muslims to the world.... because it's not relevant to their lives. Seems to me, we have enough problems teaching them to read and write. Get over the importance of your religion. It's just another faith.

Which is all very nice to know but...... on what planet is it of relevance? Should we educate kids on every single 'achievement' of every religion on the planet? If so, when do we teach these kids anything other than history?

For heavens sake, we are not gonna spend years on end teaching kids the contributions of Muslims to the world.... because it's not relevant to their lives. Seems to me, we have enough problems teaching them to read and write. Get over the importance of your religion. It's just another faith.

The post you responded to was about Africa. I'm not advocating for teaching "religious history" as part of any required course in public schools, so you're welcome to quit whining about me overemphasizing the importance of my religion whenever you want. :eusa_eh:

The world is more than Europe. My belief is that a world history class should place equal emphasis on each part of the world. It's as simple as that.

The post you responded to was about Africa. I'm not advocating for teaching "religious history" as part of any required course in public schools, so you're welcome to quit whining about me overemphasizing the importance of my religion whenever you want. :eusa_eh:

The world is more than Europe. My belief is that a world history class should place equal emphasis on each part of the world. It's as simple as that.

Why? Historically, Europe was the most influential continent. It shaped the world far more than any other. That may be annoying to you, but it's an historical fact. Some kids, like me, learned more about other cultures, some do not. As I said, we have enough trouble teaching kids the basics, yet alone throwing a bunch of irrelevant shit into the equation.

Why? Historically, Europe was the most influential continent. It shaped the world far more than any other. That may be annoying to you, but it's an historical fact. Some kids, like me, learned more about other cultures, some do not. As I said, we have enough trouble teaching kids the basics, yet alone throwing a bunch of irrelevant shit into the equation.

History is the study of past events, not the study of who had the most profound influence or who contributed the most to humanity. History should also be taught in the most objective manner possible. If studying the history of the entire world leads one to believe that Europe was the "most influential continent," that's a perfectly acceptable conclusion. What it isn't is something that should be taught as fact.

Your post is very Eurocentric and typical of the crap I see on stormfront, it has only been within the last 700 years that Europe has risen to prominence and most of what they accomplished had influences from the Moors and Near Eastern civilizations so why promote the view that only Europe has contributed but not others?

Your post is very Eurocentric and typical of the crap I see on stormfront, it has only been within the last 700 years that Europe has risen to prominence and most of what they accomplished had influences from the Moors and Near Eastern civilizations so why promote the view that only Europe has contributed but not others?

Oh good grief, Charlie. Stop the fucking whining about stormfront. My posts bear no relation to the kind to racist drivel on that particular forum and you know it. That you would stoop so low as to compare it is offensive and pathetic. I made no comment other than to recognize as fact that Europe has, historically, been the most influential continent. That's not racist, Charlie, it's a fact. Just cuz you don't like it does not make it less a fact.

Oh good grief, Charlie. Stop the fucking whining about stormfront. My posts bear no relation to the kind to racist drivel on that particular forum and you know it. That you would stoop so low as to compare it is offensive and pathetic. I made no comment other than to recognize as fact that Europe has, historically, been the most influential continent. That's not racist, Charlie, it's a fact. Just cuz you don't like it does not make it less a fact.

I'm not calling you a racist, but saying Europe is the most influential continent in the world is Eurocentric, and stormfronters say the same thing. I suggest you look at all of history and not just the last 700 years.

Much of what CaliforniaGirl spews can be found in stormfront. By the by, CaliGirl, have you admitted to all that you condemn America yet patronize British socialized medicine?

I'm not calling you a racist, but saying Europe is the most influential continent in the world is Eurocentric, and stormfronters say the same thing. I suggest you look at all of history and not just the last 700 years.

So because stormfront say it, it cannot be true or it must be bad? Or must be racist? Or what? I appreciate the contributions of ALL cultures but I don't see one as more significant than the others - other than the fact that, for centuries, Europe was the dominant influence.

So because stormfront say it, it cannot be true or it must be bad? Or must be racist? Or what? I appreciate the contributions of ALL cultures but I don't see one as more significant than the others - other than the fact that, for centuries, Europe was the dominant influence.

Nonsense, its only within very recent years that Europe became dominant and when you say Europe you have to specify whom in Europe because not all of Europe was influential and Europe itself received influences from non-European sources. I called it Eurocentric, I said nothing about you being a racist, you know I don't think you are.

Isn't nice that so many ignore the base that should bring us all together? The experiences that make us what we are? I'm talking of the Human experience...and all humans have a core value...and that is of survival.

It's only when those that think they've risen to loftier heights get in control...lose sight of the basic precepts of being HUMAN. And those in control that have lost the sight of the precept, lowers their stature in my view. They are the ones that really need a course in humility.

Lots of world history has jack shit to do with Islam. I know that Obama swears they invented everything on the planet and are the cradle of civilization but that doesn't make it true.

This is just another 'let's accuse the conservatives of being racists' whines from a racist.

Islam was spawned by a particularly intelligent backward tribal lunatic. Fuck them and the camel they rode in on. The only things they've contributed to civilization are death and misery. Everything they claim they actually stole from cultures they subjugated and stifled.

Nonsense, its only within very recent years that Europe became dominant and when you say Europe you have to specify whom in Europe because not all of Europe was influential and Europe itself received influences from non-European sources. I called it Eurocentric, I said nothing about you being a racist, you know I don't think you are.

CaliforniaGirl is very much a stormfront type writer. That makes as much sense as her claim that William Ayers was ghost writing for Obama. And that reminds me, CaliforniaGirl, did Beck ever put to rest the rumor that he raped, tortured, and murdered a coed?

Lots of world history has jack shit to do with Islam. I know that Obama swears they invented everything on the planet and are the cradle of civilization but that doesn't make it true.

This is just another 'let's accuse the conservatives of being racists' whines from a racist.

Islam was spawned by a particularly intelligent backward tribal lunatic. Fuck them and the camel they rode in on. The only things they've contributed to civilization are death and misery. Everything they claim they actually stole from cultures they subjugated and stifled.

They are no better than any other human.

I am reminded of a line from the flick Oh God! [John Denver/George Burns].

John Denver asked the question of why we were here...our purpose.

God [Played by Burns] simply replied... "You can love honor and cherish each other or kill each other..." [/paraphrase].

Forum List

Back