Islamophobia Another Divisive Invention Of The Left

The difference is the Red-necks are Americans and the Iranians are Anti-Americans.

That's why you support the Iranians.

We seem to have a beef with anyone who wants to murder us and you feel they have the right to do it.....cuz we had it coming to us.

Why don't you find a single post by a "liberal" on this board who supports Iran?

I don't hear anyone "supporting" Iran. I hear people (Conservatives AND Liberals) supporting people's freedom to build whatever they want on their property, and worship whatever they choose.

Imam Rauf supports the Palestine flotilla and the current Iranian regime.

So if you support him you support Iran...indirectly but you still support his causes.

The controversial imam behind a plan to build a Muslim cultural center near Ground Zero recommended that President Obama support the Islamic revolution in Iran.

Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf also argued against the U.S. aiding the pro-democracy protesters who were being violently suppressed by the Iranian regime.

The information comes after it was reported Rauf's Cordoba Initiative website scrubbed a photograph of the imam posing with the chief of an Iranian "human rights" council that has been accused of multiple human rights violations as well as imposing Shariah law. Also, WND reported Cordoba's website scrubbed a sister project of the organization founded by Rauf, the Shari'ah Index Project. The project's stated goal was to "define, interpret and implement the concept of the Islamic State in modern times." The website documented how an Iranian official was among the Shariah project's founding members.

Just after Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was accused of voter fraud in last year's presidential elections in Iran, Rauf penned a Huffington Post piece in support of the Iranian regime.

Newsvine - Ground Zero imam hails Iran's Islamic revolution

Not quite. It doesn't work that way. I don't "support" Rauf, I support their right to build what they want on their property.

Also, your link has no source, just opinion.

And how about the Obama Administration ties to this guy:

Obama officials' ties to Ground Zero imam

Adviser discussed with Rauf U.S. as 'ideal place for renewal of Islam'

Posted: August 19, 2010
12:30 am Eastern

© 2010 WorldNetDaily

With President Obama igniting political controversy by commenting on the right of American Muslims to build an Islamic center and mosque near Ground Zero, it is worth noting the close ties of several Obama administration officials to the cleric behind the proposed project.

The ties include a religion adviser to Obama, Eboo Patel, who discussed with Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf – the controversial Muslim leader behind the mosque initiative – America as "the ideal place for a renewal of Islam."

Also, a scholar and charity head appointed to Obama's White House Fellowships Commission, Vartan Gregorian, wants to bring the imam's organization into a proposed Ground Zero museum to ensure it will represent the voices of American Muslims.

In February, Obama named Patel, a Chicago Muslim, to his Advisory Council on Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships. Patel is the founder and executive director of Chicago-based Interfaith Youth Core, which says it promotes pluralism by
Rauf wrote the afterword to Patel's 2006 book, "Building the Interfaith Youth Movement: Beyond Dialogue to Action."

Patel is listed as one of 15 "Muslim Leaders of Tomorrow" on the website for the American Society for Muslim Advancement, which is led by Rauf. Obama officials' ties to Ground Zero imam

Why don't you find a single post by a "liberal" on this board who supports Iran?

I don't hear anyone "supporting" Iran. I hear people (Conservatives AND Liberals) supporting people's freedom to build whatever they want on their property, and worship whatever they choose.

So if you support him you support Iran...indirectly but you still support his causes.

The controversial imam behind a plan to build a Muslim cultural center near Ground Zero recommended that President Obama support the Islamic revolution in Iran.

Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf also argued against the U.S. aiding the pro-democracy protesters who were being violently suppressed by the Iranian regime.

The information comes after it was reported Rauf's Cordoba Initiative website scrubbed a photograph of the imam posing with the chief of an Iranian "human rights" council that has been accused of multiple human rights violations as well as imposing Shariah law. Also, WND reported Cordoba's website scrubbed a sister project of the organization founded by Rauf, the Shari'ah Index Project. The project's stated goal was to "define, interpret and implement the concept of the Islamic State in modern times." The website documented how an Iranian official was among the Shariah project's founding members.

Just after Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was accused of voter fraud in last year's presidential elections in Iran, Rauf penned a Huffington Post piece in support of the Iranian regime.

Newsvine - Ground Zero imam hails Iran's Islamic revolution

Not quite. It doesn't work that way. I don't "support" Rauf, I support their right to build what they want on their property.

The source was Rauf's own website. Trying reading the posting before you go off.

Here's a link with the story written by Aaron Klein at WorldNetDaily http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=195445

Last edited:
And how about the Obama Administration ties to this guy:

Obama officials' ties to Ground Zero imam

Adviser discussed with Rauf U.S. as 'ideal place for renewal of Islam'

Posted: August 19, 2010
12:30 am Eastern

© 2010 WorldNetDaily

With President Obama igniting political controversy by commenting on the right of American Muslims to build an Islamic center and mosque near Ground Zero, it is worth noting the close ties of several Obama administration officials to the cleric behind the proposed project.

The ties include a religion adviser to Obama, Eboo Patel, who discussed with Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf – the controversial Muslim leader behind the mosque initiative – America as "the ideal place for a renewal of Islam."

Also, a scholar and charity head appointed to Obama's White House Fellowships Commission, Vartan Gregorian, wants to bring the imam's organization into a proposed Ground Zero museum to ensure it will represent the voices of American Muslims.

In February, Obama named Patel, a Chicago Muslim, to his Advisory Council on Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships. Patel is the founder and executive director of Chicago-based Interfaith Youth Core, which says it promotes pluralism by
Rauf wrote the afterword to Patel's 2006 book, "Building the Interfaith Youth Movement: Beyond Dialogue to Action."

Patel is listed as one of 15 "Muslim Leaders of Tomorrow" on the website for the American Society for Muslim Advancement, which is led by Rauf. Obama officials' ties to Ground Zero imam

Rauf has been a big name in moderate Islam in America for a long time. He's got more "ties" to George W. Bush than to Obama.

Once again, your link provides no sources, just opinion.

The source was Rauf's own website. Trying reading the posting before you go off.

Really? Then why didn't you link to this supposed website? Instead of linking to the site you cut and paste your post from.

WND doesn't count as a source. The article in which it claims "Rauf supports the Islamic Revolution" says nothing like what it claims.

Anyway, I don't have any more time to waste with you.

Rauf supports the current Iranian regime.

Rauf recommended Obama "should say his administration respects many of the guiding principles of the 1979 revolution – to establish a government that expresses the will of the people; a just government, based on the idea of Vilayet-i-faqih, that establishes the rule of law."

The Iranian regime, however, was accused of violently suppressing pro-democracy supporters, some of whom were filmed by international news outlets holding banners protesting the Islamic government.

The Iranian government has confirmed the deaths of 36 people during the protests, while protest leaders allege there were 72 deaths.

Obama largely refused to interfere in the protests, calling the disputed election an internal Iranian issue.

Rauf touted thedecision. He also hailed the Islamic revolution of 1979 that brought to power Iran's Shiite theocracy.
Ground Zero imam hails Iran's Islamic revolution

WND doesn't count as a source. The article in which it claims "Rauf supports the Islamic Revolution" says nothing like what it claims.

Sounds like you're getting your ass handed to you on this one.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass when you leave.

Believe what you like. I've got work to do.

Believe what you like. I've got work to do.

Not my problem you didn't read the article.

Bubye

Uh, gee, I hate to have to remind you guys. It was the right that let Bin Laden go scott free and it was the right who attacked Saddam, a man who NEVER attacked us.

You see, the guy who attacked us, they let go. Then went after someone who DIDN'T attack us.

They call that "bass ackwards".

Seems like this attempt to victimize Muslims has given way to a term that is often used by liberals and progressives.....ISLAMOPHOBIA..........DU, DU, DUUUUUUUU

I remember only a few years ago when the idea that Saddam, Osama Bin Laden, or anyone who supported them was a threat to the security of this nation. Now we've got a political ideology that is doing it's best to protect them from what they call Islamophobes.

Somehow they're able to call a person that doesn't trust a group that feels smug enough to rub salt in a wound at Ground Zero a racist. Forget the fact that this isn't a racial issue. Let's also forget the fact that Islam itself stands for principles and morals that most Liberals and Progressives find backwards, narrow-minded, and downright offensive.

So we've got another wedge issue that the left wants to use like a stick to beat over the heads of Americans who retain their common-sense. File this along with their divisive support for special treatment for Blacks, Hispanics, Homosexuals, women (as long as they're not conservatives), or any other group or class that slips my mind at the moment.

So lefty...is this really how you feel? Do you support suicide bombers and IEDs from Iran that are killing our troops? If you support Islamic expansion during a time of war regardless of the consequences...if you feel it's okay for them to bully us into allowing them to do whatever they want don't you support the expansion of Sharia Law in this country as well or is that where you draw the line? Historically it's all or nothing with these people. Give them an inch and they'll take a mile. I respect their right to freedom of religion...but why don't you respect my right to the same? We can't put a cross up in a courthouse but if they wanted a mosque there you'd probably defend them without question. Why is that? We can't burn a Koran but they can shit all over us with your blessing. I think both are wrong but you feel the need to condemn anyone who is against this affront to the victims of 9/11 and in the same breath condemn a crazy pastor for wanting to burn a friggen book. What's your rationale?

lol, mudwhistle still thinks the anti-Muslim bigots here didn't lose the argument.

You're like the chopped up knight in Monty Python's Holy Grail.

Uh, gee, I hate to have to remind you guys. It was the right that let Bin Laden go scott free and it was the right who attacked Saddam, a man who NEVER attacked us.

You see, the guy who attacked us, they let go. Then went after someone who DIDN'T attack us.

Speaking of Saddam....that SOB murdered women and children...relatives of my Kuwaiti brothers. Pillaged the city...threw babies in incubators out in the streets....ripped up everything that wasn't bolted down....and then some and carried it off to Baghdad. I saw the devastation that he did to that small Arab country when I was there. Fuck Saddam.

We didn't let OBL go....Pakistan did.

STFU till you know something.

Last edited:
Seems like this attempt to victimize Muslims has given way to a term that is often used by liberals and progressives.....ISLAMOPHOBIA..........DU, DU, DUUUUUUUU

I remember only a few years ago when the idea that Saddam, Osama Bin Laden, or anyone who supported them was a threat to the security of this nation. Now we've got a political ideology that is doing it's best to protect them from what they call Islamophobes.

Somehow they're able to call a person that doesn't trust a group that feels smug enough to rub salt in a wound at Ground Zero a racist. Forget the fact that this isn't a racial issue. Let's also forget the fact that Islam itself stands for principles and morals that most Liberals and Progressives find backwards, narrow-minded, and downright offensive.

So we've got another wedge issue that the left wants to use like a stick to beat over the heads of Americans who retain their common-sense. File this along with their divisive support for special treatment for Blacks, Hispanics, Homosexuals, women (as long as they're not conservatives), or any other group or class that slips my mind at the moment.

So lefty...is this really how you feel? Do you support suicide bombers and IEDs from Iran that are killing our troops? If you support Islamic expansion during a time of war regardless of the consequences...if you feel it's okay for them to bully us into allowing them to do whatever they want don't you support the expansion of Sharia Law in this country as well or is that where you draw the line? Historically it's all or nothing with these people. Give them an inch and they'll take a mile. I respect their right to freedom of religion...but why don't you respect my right to the same? We can't put a cross up in a courthouse but if they wanted a mosque there you'd probably defend them without question. Why is that? We can't burn a Koran but they can shit all over us with your blessing. I think both are wrong but you feel the need to condemn anyone who is against this affront to the victims of 9/11 and in the same breath condemn a crazy pastor for wanting to burn a friggen book. What's your rationale?

lol, mudwhistle still thinks the anti-Muslim bigots here didn't lose the argument.

You're like the chopped up knight in Monty Python's Holy Grail.

Bigots????fuck you. Everyone that was arguing for the mosque has bailed. The rest are just making smart fucking assed remarks.

Last edited:

Speaking of Saddam....that SOB murdered women and children...relatives of my Kuwaiti brothers. Pillaged the city...threw babies in incubators out in the streets....ripped up everything that wasn't bolted down....and then some and carried it off to Baghdad. I saw the devastation that he did to that small Arab country when I was there. Fuck Saddam.

As if you give a shit about a bunch of Arabs.

Those same women and children you are "oh so worried" about, have it a thousand times worse in Iraq after we helped them set up Sharia law as the government.

You guys are morons. Seriously. Morons.

As if you give a shit about a bunch of Arabs.

Those same women and children you are "oh so worried" about, have it a thousand times worse in Iraq after we helped them set up Sharia law as the government.

You guys are morons. Seriously. Morons.

If I even thought you knew what you were talking about I'd give you credit.

We didn't help them set up any government. You see we're not Russia. We gave them their freedom....freedom to do whatever they want. Too fucken bad you don't like it.

Life is much better in Iraq now that Saddam is gone. Iraq isn't perfect but at least he and his sons aren't going around snatching girls off the streets so they can rape them and murder them. The only bad thing is Iran doesn't have to worry anymore about Iraq....that could change in a decade or so.

If you go through history you will see that the left has used several issues to drive a wedge between the voters. Here's a partial list of issues the Democrat took a ridiculous stand on with the intent to cause divisions:

1. Segregation
2. Affirmative-Action
3. Gay Rights
4. Abortion
5. Illegal Immigration
6. Health Care
7. Big Oil
8. Global Warming
9. Tax-cuts (for the rich)
10. Freedom of Religion

In almost every case they took a ridiculous stance that any reasonable person would reject....and this was their intent all along.

If you go through history you will see that the left has used several issues to drive a wedge between the voters. Here's a partial list of issues the Democrat took a ridiculous stand on with the intent to cause divisions:

1. Segregation
2. Affirmative-Action
3. Gay Rights
4. Abortion
5. Illegal Immigration
6. Health Care
7. Big Oil
8. Global Warming
9. Tax-cuts (for the rich)
10. Freedom of Religion

In almost every case they took a ridiculous stance that any reasonable person would reject....and this was their intent all along.

Really? Cause last time I checked, a majority of Americans were pro-choice, a majority of scientists believe in man-made global warming, and pretty much everyone believes in freedom of religion.

Maybe I'm missing your point here....

Forum List

Back