ISIS now spreading into Libya - and beginning to win

Did the United States murder Laotian children? Where is your evidence? Were these murders committed on behalf of Wall Street? Where is your evidence? What possible benefit did Wall Street derive from these murders? Where is your evidence? How did Wall Street compel the United States to go to war? Where is your evidence?
Unexploded_Laos.jpg

"A pile of unexploded ordnance (UXO) that have been cleared. More than one third of the land in Laos is contaminated with UXO.

I observed this directly when I visited the Plain of Jars for the first time in 1993, with my old friend Ngeun. As people described to me losing friends and relatives from postwar cluster bomb explosions I saw with my own eyes the monstrous hellscape in which children thought it normal to grow up amidst hidden bombs that could destroy their lives in an instant."

Voices from the Plain of Jars Life Under an Air War Zinn Education Project

Did the United States murder Laotian children? Where is your evidence? Were these murders committed on behalf of Wall Street? Where is your evidence? What possible benefit did Wall Street derive from these murders? Where is your evidence? How did Wall Street compel the United States to go to war? Where is your evidence?
Unexploded_Laos.jpg

"A pile of unexploded ordnance (UXO) that have been cleared. More than one third of the land in Laos is contaminated with UXO.

I observed this directly when I visited the Plain of Jars for the first time in 1993, with my old friend Ngeun. As people described to me losing friends and relatives from postwar cluster bomb explosions I saw with my own eyes the monstrous hellscape in which children thought it normal to grow up amidst hidden bombs that could destroy their lives in an instant."

Voices from the Plain of Jars Life Under an Air War Zinn Education Project

What has this to do with distinguishing between casualties of war and murder victims?

The US never declared war on Laos yet dropped 2 million tons of bombs on its civilian population. Is that a crime in your book?

"From 1965 to 1973 during the Vietnam War the U.S. dropped over two million tons of bombs on Laos – more than was dropped in WWII by both sides. Over a quarter of the population became refugees. This was later called a 'secret war,' since it occurred at the same time as the Vietnam War, but got little press.

"Hundreds of thousands were killed. Branfman make the only estimate that I am aware of , stating that hundreds of thousands died. This can be interpeted to mean that at least 200,000 died. (1,2,3)

"U.S. military intervention in Laos actually began much earlier. A civil war started in the 1950s when the U.S. recruited a force of 40,000 Laotians to oppose the Pathet Lao, a leftist political party that ultimately took power in 1975."

Deaths In Other Nations Since WW II Due To Us Interventions By James A. Lucas

Nope.

Not when the US was pounding North Vietnamese Army bases that the weak government of Laos could not keep off its soil.
Is it worth pointing out how the US never declared war on Vietnam? It seems obvious none of the civilians in Southeast Asia during that time posed a threat to the US homeland either individually or collectively.
"In April 1971, Rep. Paul N. McCloskey, a Republican congressman from California, charged that the U.S. had bombed thousands of villages in northern Laos and deliberately concealed the extent of the air war and its effect on civilians.

"At a subsequent hearing of the Senate Judiciary Subcommittee on Refugees, Sen. Edward M. Kennedy (D-Mass.), who chaired the meeting, contended that the bombing was responsible for "at least 75% of the refugees" in Laos.

"The Johnson administration initially denied that Laos was being bombed.

"By the time of the Senate hearing, however, Deputy Assistant Secretary of State William H. Sullivan, a former ambassador to Laos, acknowledged U.S. activity in the country.

"But he denied that American bombers were targeting populated areas.

"Over the next months, mainstream media began reporting on the war in Laos. The Washington Post, citing American officials close to the war, concluded that 'Laos has been the most heavily bombed country in the history of aerial warfare.'"

Fred Branfman dies at 72 exposed U.S. bombing of Laos - LA Times

...Is it worth pointing out how the US never declared war on Vietnam?...
Nope.

There are declared wars and undeclared wars.

Both have causes and effects.

People die in both kinds.

Declared or undeclared status - machts nichts - it matters very little.

"The Kellogg–Briand Pact (or Pact of Paris, officially General Treaty for Renunciation of War as an Instrument of National Policy[1]) is a 1928 international agreement in which signatory states promised not to use war to resolve 'disputes or conflicts of whatever nature or of whatever origin they may be, which may arise among them'.[2]

"Parties failing to abide by this promise 'should be denied of the benefits furnished by this treaty'.

"It was signed by Germany, France and the United States on August 27, 1928, and by most other nations soon after. Sponsored by France and the U.S., the Pact renounced the use of war and called for the peaceful settlement of disputes."
Kellogg Briand Pact - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

"The Kellogg–Briand Pact (or Pact of Paris, officially General Treaty for Renunciation of War as an Instrument of National Policy[1]) is a 1928 international agreement in which signatory states promised not to use war to resolve 'disputes or conflicts of whatever nature or of whatever origin they may be, which may arise among them'.[2]

"Parties failing to abide by this promise 'should be denied of the benefits furnished by this treaty'.

"It was signed by Germany, France and the United States on August 27, 1928, and by most other nations soon after. Sponsored by France and the U.S., the Pact renounced the use of war and called for the peaceful settlement of disputes."
Kellogg Briand Pact - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Ohhhhhhh.... mmmyyyyyyyy..... Gggggoooddddddddddddd !!!!!!!!

GIF-Amused-Charlton-Heston-haha-laugh-LOL-GIF.gif

Jesus-H-Tap-Dancing-Christ, Georgie-Boy, what planet are you living on?

A treaty renouncing the use of war as an instrument of national policy?

And, of all the signatories of that treaty, HOW many have engaged in war, in violation of this treaty, since 1928?

And, just how long did that Residual Woodrow Wilson Mindset last, in the Real World?

Yes... yes... yes... very nice, I'm sure.

Now, what the hell does this have to do with Declared versus Undeclared War?

More importantly, what the hell does this have to do with ISIS in Libya, and our strategic interest in destroying ISIS and killing its leaders and membership?

More importantly, what the hell does this have to do with ISIS in Libya, and our strategic interest in destroying ISIS and killing its leaders and membership?
What the hell does war without justification of self-defense have to do with US strategic interest$? Is that your question, Yeppers?:ack-1:

What the hell does war without justification of self-defense have to do with US strategic interest$? Is that your question, Yeppers?:ack-1:
Some wars are defensive.

Some wars are preemptive.

Both are designed to protect US strategic interests.

They usually work-out just fine, but, of course, sometimes, they do not, and end-up working against US strategic interests.

Now, if you're through answer questions with other questions, rather than serving up answers...

What does any of this have to do with ISIS in Libya, and our strategic interest in destroying ISIS-ISIL-IS and killing its leaders and membership?

You DO know that destroying ISIS-ISIL-IS and killing its leaders and membership is in our strategic and best interests, yes?

You DO know that destroying ISIS-ISIL-IS and killing its leaders and membership is in our strategic and best interests, yes?
No. I don't know that.
I know that taxing war into extinction and prosecuting the war criminals who manufactured wars of aggression against weaker nations possessing strategic resources is in the best interests of humanity.

No. I don't know that...
Pretty much the response that I'd expected.

You have the right to your opinion.

Others hold differently.

ISIS-ISIL-IS needs to be destroyed, its leadership slaughtered, and its membership decisively defeated, decimated, and scattered to the four winds.

...I know that taxing war into extinction and prosecuting the war criminals who manufactured wars of aggression against weaker nations possessing strategic resources is in the best interests of humanity.
You'll find the 1960s Hippy Reunion Buffet, down this hall, second door on the Left.

ISIS-ISIL-IS needs to be destroyed, its leadership slaughtered, and its membership decisively defeated, decimated, and scattered to the four winds.
IMHO, that will simply necessitate the creation of the Next New Hitler by intelligence agencies like the CIA. This country is addicted to oil the same way it was addicted to cotton during the decades between Independence and the Civil War. Do you not find it suspicious that Obama got his war in Syria 13 months after Americans rejected his "Red Line?" After IS there will simply be another "monster" created to distract gullible Americans from the war crimes they are responsible for.

Forum List

Back