Is your skin colour important to you ?

The color of my skin is very important to me.

Every time I go to the determatologist to have yet another skin cancer carved out, I wish I had been born with skin much darker.

Why would that be ?

What is the attraction of "racial purity" ?

Tommy Says - It doesnt bother me at all.

Having a belief in racial purity is not in itself racist. It is common and normal to have attractions to those most like yourself. It would only be expected that a person would wish to have progeny like themselves. Appearance, demeanor, and other characteristics are all those one would wish to find in their children.

In essence there are those who wish we all would become more homogenized. What this means is that any sense of individuality, any treasures we have as a result of our diversity would be lost forever. We need to revel and exploit our differences in positive manner.

My skin color, just is... what it is...I know it, it's inborn...it's never thought about consciously, because every inch of me just knows it is what it is... that does sound whacky but I guess I am having a hard time explaining it in words...

Skin tone can be very important to teenage girls. It is important in determining the shades and colors of makeup, hair color, and even clothes. Heck, I learned recently it even matters with selecting eyeglasses. That is some important stuff to some teenage girls and nowadays, pre-teens.

Skin tone can be very important to teenage girls. It is important in determining the shades and colors of makeup, hair color, and even clothes. Heck, I learned recently it even matters with selecting eyeglasses. That is some important stuff to some teenage girls and nowadays, pre-teens.

That is a very good point. And certainly true. The application of awareness of skin tone and color has many more than just racial connotations. Good job.

12713-o.png

t doesn't change the fact that he is as racial as every other black Democrat out there.

He is full of shit.

The point is that in a post-racial world we don't define people by race.

Biologically speaking, we're all one race. Our differences are cultural.

There is no post-racial world and there will never be one.

My daughter is 18 now. I've noticed that her generation is much less fixated on skin color. It's just not the huge identifying characteristic that older generations discuss incessantly. The world changes.

My daughter is 18 now. I've noticed that her generation is much less fixated on skin color. It's just not the huge identifying characteristic that older generations discuss incessantly. The world changes.
That will change, just like the people my age(who are the same generation as your daughter btw) changed when they went to college.

Her non-white friends are also almost certainly fixated on race(and have been since they were small children because of their parents and the media), just like the non-white people in my social circles.

You do understand what is happening on college campuses now, right?

That will change, just like the people my age(who are the same generation as your daughter btw) changed when they went to college.

Her non-white friends are also almost certainly fixated on race(and have been since they were small children because of their parents and the media), just like the non-white people in my social circles.

You're saying that race is promulgated as a wedge issue by the media and by older generations. That's sort of what I'm saying as well.
I think our main disagreement is that I think time will solve the problem on its own.

My kids went to a diverse school and my Daughter goes to a top Uni.None of them see race as an issue for anyone who lives in the current age.

Forum List

Back