Is tthere any reason anyone with any knowledge of economics should post here?

My answer is there is not. Further, most posters with any knowledge of the subject are abstaining from posting.

Congratulations to the right wing trolls. You have what you want, an invective filled, disgustingly vulgar forum to launch personal attacks on anyone who disagrees with you. There are no meaningful economic discussions going on, which I believe was your objective. You have a fact-free and logic-free zone to play in. Enjoy yourselves.

I first came here for serious debate.

Unfortunately, most don't.

So now, I come here for the laughs.

The standard model of economics is based on the following things:

Increasing marginal returns such as in electronics for the past century does not exist.

Building structures for which there is no demand (30-60% of Chinese GDP for the past thirty years) makes sense.

That all of the more than 200 ways of computing GDP make sense.

Nothing wrong with this picture, nosirree.

OK, a little over two days ago I made the OP and we are now at 100+ replies, making this the most active thread in the Economy forum by a considerable bit. It has been characterized by a frequent lack of civility and a general lack of substantive content, which were the problems I started out with.

Collectively we have a choice to make. We can have an adolescent name-calling contest going back and forth (behaving as trolls) or we can have substantive economic discussions. We cannot have both at the same time. Our choice.

My answer is there is not. Further, most posters with any knowledge of the subject are abstaining from posting.

Congratulations to the right wing trolls. You have what you want, an invective filled, disgustingly vulgar forum to launch personal attacks on anyone who disagrees with you. There are no meaningful economic discussions going on, which I believe was your objective. You have a fact-free and logic-free zone to play in. Enjoy yourselves.

I first came here for serious debate.

Unfortunately, most don't.

So now, I come here for the laughs.

You provide plenty of them too!!

:lol:

OK, a little over two days ago I made the OP and we are now at 100+ replies, making this the most active thread in the Economy forum by a considerable bit. It has been characterized by a frequent lack of civility and a general lack of substantive content, which were the problems I started out with.

Collectively we have a choice to make. We can have an adolescent name-calling contest going back and forth (behaving as trolls) or we can have substantive economic discussions. We cannot have both at the same time. Our choice.

We? Collectively?? You gotta mouse in your pocket oldfart? :lol:

Posting on a forum is a solo gig. YOU may need to make a decision. But nobody else does. Also, this is a POLITICAL FORUM. The language can be gritty and real. This is not a lecture hall. If you want an academic discussion you really should find a forum devoted to the subject (if there even is one, the topic is not exactly "exciting") .

Anyway, I hope you grow a set of balls, er, I mean "thicker skin" and stay. I've enjoyed at least one of your posts!

PS- Regardless of what you decide, nobody really cares.

OH!! and one other thing- normal people detest sniveling whiners ........

What? I'm just sayin!! :lol:

Posting on a forum is a solo gig. YOU may need to make a decision. But nobody else does. Also, this is a POLITICAL FORUM. The language can be gritty and real. This is not a lecture hall. If you want an academic discussion you really should find a forum devoted to the subject (if there even is one, the topic is not exactly "exciting") .

Anyway, I hope you grow a set of balls, er, I mean "thicker skin" and stay. I've enjoyed at least one of your posts!

Wow. That was a profound post. But kind of sad. We all feel sorry for those of your ilk, who have serious mental problems. Just try to keep in mind that it is not your fault. Congenital idiocy is, well, congenital. Not your fault. Just plain bad luck.

By the way, me boy, YOU JUST PROVED OLD FART's statement. Thanks.

Wow. That was a profound post. But kind of sad. We all feel sorry for those of your ilk, who have serious mental problems. Just try to keep in mind that it is not your fault. Congenital idiocy is, well, congenital. Not your fault. Just plain bad luck.

So did you, you complete waste of oxygen. :lmao:

There's also the fact you have to argue with people that don't even understand basic macro and monetary operations. Many just repeat talking points and long discredited theories about how markets function. I really don't care, but it becomes a chore have to repeatedly cover stuff that would be covered in community college courses.

Yes, well, that would be your opinion. The opinion of a libertarian. Now, there is something to worry about. You also believe in Sasquatch???

yeap you figured them out.

they battle facts.

they call names and spew baseless crap.

its all about keeping the discussion at bay.

They don't want people discussing the FACTS because the FACTS are not on their side

What you got were a group that know economics well, and exposed that your compatriots are ignorant of the subject.

I've seen nothing from you that indicates you have the slightest knowledge of the subject.

yeap you figured them out.

they battle facts.

they call names and spew baseless crap.

its all about keeping the discussion at bay.

They don't want people discussing the FACTS because the FACTS are not on their side

The only thing the conservatives movement is right about is the importance of the private sector. Very general but they're right on this...

They don't care about the other factors that make up a economy or rather those corporations are lawful, regulated or anything else.

The past 80 year America has been a hybrid system like most of the major economies on this planet. The hybrid system is 1. a system that allows for public investment(roads, science, r&d and both sectors working together), and 2. fairness with the regulations keeping the private sector in check. I am afraid conservatives don't care what happens to the worker.

Lastly, the same could be said about the environmental and science area of this board. :eusa_silenced:

Last edited:

Yes, well, that would be your opinion. The opinion of a libertarian. Now, there is something to worry about. You also believe in Sasquatch???

There's two kinds of libertarian.
1. The kind that wants to unregulated corporations and get rid of the public sector.
and 2. These people fight the corporation concept or any organized thing and wish everyone would just open up small businesses. In the real world this is just unworkable.

Both are fucking nuts.

1. The kind that wants to unregulated corporations and get rid of the public sector.
and 2. These people fight the corporation concept or any organized thing and wish everyone would just open up small businesses. In the real world this is just unworkable.

Both are fucking nuts.

:badgrin:

Both are fucking nuts.

Matthew;

I realize that you're a KOS Kiddie and post to try and smear the objects of your hate; but this is a thread on economics. Do you have even a rudimentary grasp of the subject? And no, "KILLL ALL REPUBLICANS" is not an economic principle, regardless of what Krugman claims...

Do you for instance, know what is meant by "the business cycle?" What defines a recession? How is this different from a depression? What are T-bills? Why do they matter?

Kimura is right - too many substitute their partisan aims for a knowledge of the subject.

What you got were a group that know economics well, and exposed that your compatriots are ignorant of the subject.

I've seen nothing from you that indicates you have the slightest knowledge of the subject.
That would be your opinion. Which proves, again, that you are a congenital idiot. Jesus, that was a stupid post.

That would be your opinion. Which proves, again, that you are a congenital idiot. Jesus, that was a stupid post.

Sorry, fella. But you've shown over and over again in this very thread that you lack basic comprehension on the subject at hand. That's not opinion, it's fact. it's all there for anyone to view who actually does understand the subject.

There are those with demonstrable knowledge; Toro, Takeastepback, Kimura (who I've argued bitterly with, but does know the subject.)

Oldfart is an unknown. I have seen no posts of his that indicate knowledge, but I haven't gone searching either.

On the other hand, I haven't seen him post anything revealing ignorance, which I have seen repeatedly from you.

Both are fucking nuts.

Is that not the two camps of right wingers on this board? :eusa_boohoo: One wants to unregulated corporations and the other wants everyone to plant a farm and go back to the 18th century.

Both are fucking nuts.

Is that not the two camps of right wingers on this board? :eusa_boohoo: One wants to unregulated corporations and the other wants everyone to plant a farm and go back to the 18th century.

I've seen no "camps" of libertarians here. Only indiviudals with individual perspectives. That libertarians agree on the fundamentals of what defines libertarians, is no different that what other ideologies have within their individual make up. Libertairans aren't "right wing" either. And your perception of the two kinds of libertarians is so ridiculous the only response available was laughter.

Forum List

Back