Is tthere any reason anyone with any knowledge of economics should post here?

oldfart

Older than dirt
Nov 5, 2009
Redneck Riviera
My answer is there is not. Further, most posters with any knowledge of the subject are abstaining from posting.

Congratulations to the right wing trolls. You have what you want, an invective filled, disgustingly vulgar forum to launch personal attacks on anyone who disagrees with you. There are no meaningful economic discussions going on, which I believe was your objective. You have a fact-free and logic-free zone to play in. Enjoy yourselves.

My answer is there is not. Further, most posters with any knowledge of the subject are abstaining from posting.

Congratulations to the right wing trolls. You have what you want, an invective filled, disgustingly vulgar forum to launch personal attacks on anyone who disagrees with you. There are no meaningful economic discussions going on, which I believe was your objective. You have a fact-free and logic-free zone to play in. Enjoy yourselves.
Exactly the conclusion I came to last night. Poster after poster with far right wing agendas show up saying nothing that they can back up with no economic arguments of any kind. Which simply wastes everyone's time. Even their own, since they all come here with the same agenda. No thought, no change.
Hell, I went away for over 2 months while I had and recovered from a heart attack and open heart surgery, and hoped that by now there would be a positive change. No such luck, just more of the same.

Looks like we got a commie infestation on our hands. Shouldn't you all be off savin salmon in a river somewhere?
You make Old Fart's point. And mine. Thanks for that, I guess.

You know who's not thankin you right now? A bunch of salmon in a river. Better hop to it or they're liable to get stuck on the rocks again

Feel free to post economic fact or theory all you want.
Blaming the right wing for your inability to post substantive economic ideas is kind of foolish.

Exactly the conclusion I came to last night. Poster after poster with far right wing agendas show up saying nothing that they can back up with no economic arguments of any kind. Which simply wastes everyone's time. Even their own, since they all come here with the same agenda. No thought, no change.
Pot meets kettle. :lol:

And your crybaby, whiny opinion duly noted.

Guess what? Toro posts in this forum and he isn't any kind of troll, left or right.

I have learned a few things from him too.

But your whining is duly noted. :lol:

Guess what? Toro posts in this forum and he isn't any kind of troll, left or right.

I have learned a few things from him too.

But your whining is duly noted. :lol:
Having a handbag, you must know a thing or two about economics. I'm glad you're here, Helena.

Hell, I went away for over 2 months while I had and recovered from a heart attack and open heart surgery, and hoped that by now there would be a positive change. No such luck, just more of the same.

Do you ever post anything having to do with economics? So far all you've done is whining and name calling.

They took over the education thread also. Put em on ignore, there's only about 20 or 30 professional thread destroyers. They have no other life so pity them. PC's a robot so it doesn't react to pity. Hope you and the four or five others in the economic business keep posting sometimes.

Last edited:

Do you ever post anything having to do with economics? So far all you've done is whining and name calling.

Rshmore used to till the trolls took over. Used to be some good threads sometimes 20 or more pages, like a mini economic course.

Last edited:

Redistribution has a 100% Fail

Deal with it

Rshmore used to till the trolls took over. Used to be some good threads sometimes 20 or more pages, like a mini economic course.
I have a degree in economics. But I consider myself an amateur compared to some who post here, with advanced degrees and a lot to say given the chance.
But you can not talk to folks with agendas and closed minds. Way to frustrating, and a total waste of time. You must know SOMETHING about economics, something about fact and how to vet it, and be willing to be honest. The conservative trolls, as old fart refers to them, have NONE of those attributes. They are here to kill threads and post dogma. Many paid to do so. A total waste of time.

This thread, for instance, started out with a cut and paste effort of a hit job from some bat shit crazy con site, with no reference to where it came from. Dishonest and unprovable crap. Kind of the opposite of what someone could post from a far left liberal site, but the funny thing is, few liberals would ever try it. But these neo cons are trolls, simply out to post the agenda and a number simply to collect a few bucks.

Take a look at the number of posts day after day after day in multiple forums that many of these clowns make. If you believe anyone with an actual job could spend that much time posting dogma, then you have not thought much about it. Not possible. Paid posters with no concern about truth.

That must have been a very long time ago. Maybe instead of whining he could start posting some substance.

That must have been a very long time ago. Maybe instead of whining he could start posting some substance.
He posts primarily Keynesian central planner voodoo, in the most pompous and patronizing of tones.

You could read a book of collated Paul Krugman op-eds and have your intelligence insulted less.

I'll pass.

He posts primarily Keynesian central planner voodoo, in the most pompous and patronizing of tones.

You could read a book of collated Paul Krugman op-eds and have your intelligence insulted less.

I'll pass.
This is how you prove what you are. I am not a Keynesian. Though we can probably forgive you for your mistake. You do not know enough about economics to understand that.
So, again, me girl, NO ECONOMIC ARGUMENT. What a surprise.
What I am is a pragmatist. I spend a lot of my time looking at economic history. Which you know nothing of, and prefer to ignore. Which is why you are ALWAYS wrong. Always.
Listening to the drivel from far right bat shit crazy con sources is mind destroying. Lots of studies on the subject. And you are simply more proof of those studies.
Multiple Scientific Studies Confirm: Extreme Conservatism Linked to Racism, Low I.Q. | Americans Against the Tea Party
Study: Watching Fox News Actually Makes You Stupid | Jillian Rayfield | Politics News | Rolling Stone

I took economics in college. People want to quote politicians. They don't want to hear about economics.

I took economics in college. People want to quote politicians. They don't want to hear about economics.
Oldfart is an econ phd that has been personally attacked by every con on the board. None had the knowledge to stay with him, so they simply made stupid statements and insulted him. He mostly just left it alone. But then got to the point that it was useless to discuss economics here.
Too bad. It was worth a lot to learn what he could lay out. Unfortunately, the con trolls do not want to learn anything. They are simply here to propagandize this board with the agenda their heroes fill them with. Sad.

Forum List

Back