CDZ Is this the way it is or the way that it should be ?

beagle9

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2011
With any rally that is organized or march that is conducted, should anyone be allowed to attend the rally with a loaded weapon without proper authorization? Otherwise to just show up with a weapon brandished upon your person, and claiming a right to do so under the Constitution ? For anyone wanting to attend a rally or march, and wanting to do so with a loaded weapon, (I have to ask), should they have to get a separate permit or a permit specifically stating the reason for having the gun coming along with them ? If the reason is not good enough, then should they be denide the permit for carrying a weapon at the specific rally applied for ? Should a bill be created that addresses the issue if there isn't one already ? If a rally is created or a march that is deemed peaceful by the organizers as just that, and it is stated in the permit being granted as such, then shouldn't there be added (due to the peaceful nature) a rule that states no weapons at all are allowed at the event, and a copy of it is to be given to the local police force in order to enforce the rule ?

Last edited:
With any rally that is organized or march that is conducted, should anyone be allowed to attend the rally with a loaded weapon without proper authorization? Otherwise to just show up with a weapon brandished upon your person, and claiming a right to do so under the Constitution ? For anyone wanting to attend a rally or march, and wanting to do so with a loaded weapon, (I have to ask), should they have to get a separate permit or a permit specifically stating the reason for having the gun coming along with them ? If the reason is not good enough, then should they be denide the permit for carrying a weapon at the specific rally applied for ? Should a bill be created that addresses the issue if there isn't one already ? If a rally is created or a march that is deemed peaceful by the organizers as just that, and it is stated in the permit being granted as such, then shouldn't there be added (due to the peaceful nature) a rule that states no weapons at all are allowed at the event, and a copy of it is to be given to the local police force in order to enforce the rule ?
ST4489300.png

View attachment 81555
. What's impossible ? That if I want to attend a rally that is divisive but peaceful, and if I feel the need to carry my weapon for protection while there, then your saying that there is no permit process for me to do so or that it is impossible to have me fill out a form to grant me the authority to carry openly my weapon at the rally in which I am seeking to attend, and also to carry a weapon to the rally for my personal protection if needed ? A permit in which puts my name on a granted permit list of possible carry holders in which may be attending the rally and attending it while armed ?

View attachment 81555
. What's impossible ? That if I want to attend a rally that is divisive but peaceful, and if I feel the need to carry my weapon for protection while there, then your saying that there is no permit process for me to do so or that it is impossible to have me fill out a form to grant me the authority to carry openly my weapon at the rally in which I am seeking to attend for my personal protection ? A permit in which puts my name on a granted permit list of possible carry holders in which may be attending the rally and attending it while armed ?
No.
I'm saying that it's impossible to know who is carrying a weapon and who is not. I'm saying that a permit does nothing. I'm saying whether there are laws, restrictions, or check points, or not, people that want to bring weapons to marches and rallies will do so. How is anyone going to control such? So, why even get a permit? What real purpose does a permit serve? Those that have no intention to harm anyone, shouldn't be worried about anyway. And the bad guys that do have intentions to harm someone, aren't going to apply for permit.

It's basically the same as stupid gun control and attempting to get weapons off our streets. It's impossible.

Try to clarify..Are you speaking of the RNC convention in Cleveland?

View attachment 81555
. What's impossible ? That if I want to attend a rally that is divisive but peaceful, and if I feel the need to carry my weapon for protection while there, then your saying that there is no permit process for me to do so or that it is impossible to have me fill out a form to grant me the authority to carry openly my weapon at the rally in which I am seeking to attend for my personal protection ? A permit in which puts my name on a granted permit list of possible carry holders in which may be attending the rally and attending it while armed ?
No.
I'm saying that it's impossible to know who is carrying a weapon and who is not. I'm saying that a permit does nothing. I'm saying whether there are laws, restrictions, or check points, or not, people that want to bring weapons to marches and rallies will do so. How is anyone going to control such? So, why even get a permit? What real purpose does a permit serve? Those that have no intention to harm anyone, shouldn't be worried about anyway. And the bad guys that do have intentions to harm someone, aren't going to apply for permit.

It's basically the same as stupid gun control and attempting to get weapons off our streets. It's impossible.
So is murder, so let's get rid of capital punishment..

View attachment 81555
No.

Very silly........... really cute ......

We have laws to punish crime, not to prevent crime. Our laws are NOT prevention, rather they exist to punish crime.
The bad guys do not care about laws. And, for the most part, the good guys don't need laws to prevent them from doing wrong and committing crimes. How many rapists care that it's against the law to rape? How many thieves care about laws against stealing? How many murderers care that it's against the law to murder?

View attachment 81555
No.

. I guess I'm mainly talking about open carry like the situation was in Dallas... Yes concealed carry is just that, but if prohibited at a rally or event, then I wouldn't want the law to find me packing at a rally or event if it is not lawful to do so at the specific event. Right Sonny ? An event could OK open or concealed carry, but shouldn't the event organizers accompanied by law enforcement set the guidelines and rules for such ? Otherwise there could be a permit process that would grant permission or not to those who would want to carry openly or concealed at the event. This way law enforcement along with the event organizers might at least know who is packing, and why they are packing at the event right ?

Last edited:
View attachment 81555
No.

Then obviously there's no reason to oppose such laws and regulations.

View attachment 81555
No.

We have laws to punish crime, not to prevent crime. Our laws are NOT prevention, rather they exist to punish crime.
The bad guys do not care about laws. And, for the most part, the good guys don't need laws to prevent them from doing wrong and committing crimes. How many rapists care that it's against the law to rape? How many thieves care about laws against stealing? How many murderers care that it's against the law to murder?

This argument is soooooo tired and thoroughly debunked.

No.

Well, I challenge you, or anyone else, to debunk it. The argument is true and valid.

I'll wait here for you to debunk it and prove it false. Good luck.

View attachment 81555
No.

. I guess I'm mainly talking about open carry like the situation was in Dallas... Yes concealed carry is just that, but if prohibited at a rally or event, then I wouldn't want the law to find me packing at a rally or event if it is not lawful to do so at the specific event. Right Sonny ? An event could OK open or concealed carry, but shouldn't the event organizers accompanied by law enforcement set the guidelines and rules for such ? Otherwise there could be a permit process that would grant permission or not to those who would want to carry openly or concealed at the event. This way law enforcement along with the event organizers might at least know who is packing, and why they are packing at the event right ?
Only the honest people would come forth and apply for such a permit. Those intent on doing harm would never do such a thing. How would law enforcement personnel know who has what unless they set up security check points like airports have? And, who's to say that someone intent on doing harm, wouldn't do as the sniper did from outside the secure zone? A sniper can pick people off from a 1,000 yards away, or farther.

And, unless every single person is scanned and searched, and there is a secure area that no one can enter without passing through a security check point, how will anyone be sure that only those with a permit have arms? In other words, at protests, rallies, riots, and sudden gatherings into the streets, how would it work?

No.

Well, I challenge you, or anyone else, to debunk it. The argument is true and valid.

We have all kinds of laws to prevent crime. Murder laws prevent crime, in many cases. Not all of them, sure, but that's not a valid argument for ridding our society of murder laws.

You're an idiot.

View attachment 81555
No.

Only the honest people would come forth and apply for such a permit. Those intent on doing harm would never do such a thing. How would law enforcement personnel know who has what unless they set up security check points like airports have? And, who's to say that someone intent on doing harm, wouldn't do as the sniper did from outside the secure zone? A sniper can pick people off from a 1,000 yards away, or farther.

And, unless every single person is scanned and searched, and there is a secure area that no one can enter without passing through a security check point, how will anyone be sure that only those with a permit have arms? In other words, at protests, rallies, riots, and sudden gatherings into the streets, how would it work?

This is a strawman argument that alleges gun laws can only be acceptable if they stop ALL gun crime from happening.

We create laws to mitigate crime and make an orderly society to the best of our ability. We don't demand perfection and then throw away all laws when we can't achieve it.

The entire premise of all your points in this thread is completely worthless.

View attachment 81555
No.

Except for the waste of time and taxpayers' money discussing and voting on such legislation. We have bigger fish to fry in this country.

View attachment 81555
No.

Except for the waste of time and taxpayers' money discussing and voting on such legislation. We have bigger fish to fry in this country.

Sure, you mean by voting to repeal Obamacare for the 47th time or holding the 30th Benghazi hearing? LMAO @ you

We have 12,000 gun homicides per year. If we can reduce that by even 10%, it's surely worth the time to save 1,200 people.

Try to clarify..Are you speaking of the RNC convention in Cleveland?
Any rally or march in general, otherwise that pertains to the issues that are compassionate to many Americans.

No.

We have all kinds of laws to prevent crime. Murder laws prevent crime, in many cases. Not all of them, sure, but that's not a valid argument for ridding our society of murder laws.

You're an idiot.
And you're an ignorant asshole shithead.
Laws do NOT prevent crime. Laws punish crime.
Use your head. Think.
If laws prevented crime, then why do we have crime? If laws prevented crime, then why do we have murders, theft, child molestation, rape, arson, assault, auto theft, vandalism, kidnappings, illegal drugs on our streets and in our neighborhoods, property damage, spousal abuse, drunk driving, and many other crimes? Please explain that to me.

Laws punish crime, laws do NOT prevent crimes.

Prove me wrong. I challenge you to prove me wrong.

No.

Sure, you mean by voting to repeal Obamacare for the 47th time or holding the 30th Benghazi hearing? LMAO @ you

We have 12,000 gun homicides per year. If we can reduce that by even 10%, it's surely worth the time to save 1,200 people.
It'll be just a waste of time.
Guns come across our borders, enter our ports, sold on the black market, sold from the trunk of cars, sold among gang members, sold on the internet, sold at yard sales and flea markets, sold between family members, handed down through generations, some are homemade, and many are stolen.

Are the bad guys going to turn their guns in? Are drug dealers going to turn their guns in? Are hunters going to give up their guns? Are sport shooters going to give up their guns?

Anyone that wants a gun can get a gun, regardless of any laws. If you have the money and contacts, you can get any gun you want. Laws ca NOT stp people from owning and having guns. Laws can NOT get guns off our streets. It's impossible.

Please tell me what good gun control laws would do.

You're an idiot.
And you're an ignorant asshole shithead.
Laws do NOT prevent crime. Laws punish crime.
Use your head. Think.
If laws prevented crime, then why do we have crime? If laws prevented crime, then why do we have murders, theft, child molestation, rape, arson, assault, auto theft, vandalism, kidnappings, illegal drugs on our streets and in our neighborhoods, property damage, spousal abuse, drunk driving, and many other crimes? Please explain that to me.

Laws punish crime, laws do NOT prevent crimes.

Prove me wrong. I challenge you to prove me wrong.
Sure, I'll prove it to you. You are obviously a complete asshole with an IQ in the 30s. Yet no one has killed you. Why? Because we have laws against that sort of thing. Apart from laws, there is literally no other reason for people in general to allow you to live.

You are welcome.

Forum List

Back