CDZ Is this the way it is or the way that it should be ?

With any rally that is organized or march that is conducted, should anyone be allowed to attend the rally with a loaded weapon without proper authorization? Otherwise to just show up with a weapon brandished upon your person, and claiming a right to do so under the Constitution ? For anyone wanting to attend a rally or march, and wanting to do so with a loaded weapon, (I have to ask), should they have to get a separate permit or a permit specifically stating the reason for having the gun coming along with them ? If the reason is not good enough, then should they be denide the permit for carrying a weapon at the specific rally applied for ? Should a bill be created that addresses the issue if there isn't one already ? If a rally is created or a march that is deemed peaceful by the organizers as just that, and it is stated in the permit being granted as such, then shouldn't there be added (due to the peaceful nature) a rule that states no weapons at all are allowed at the event, and a copy of it is to be given to the local police force in order to enforce the rule ?

I go to all kinds of places with a loaded weapon and nobody knows.

IMO only an idiot who wants to draw attention to himself open carries
Or a group or a person who wants to intimidate someone "open carries" at an event or rally. A gun in plain sight on a human being outside of hunting game or at a shooting range, gun show or something to that affect (imho) is there to intimidate someone with. The open carry on those at the Dallas rally were there to send a message to human beings, and so who was the message being sent to is the question ? Did the ones who were open carrying, feel that they were doing so to protect the interest or message of their fellow protestors ? Who would have denide that message in which was in the interest of the protestors ?

With any rally that is organized or march that is conducted, should anyone be allowed to attend the rally with a loaded weapon without proper authorization? Otherwise to just show up with a weapon brandished upon your person, and claiming a right to do so under the Constitution ? For anyone wanting to attend a rally or march, and wanting to do so with a loaded weapon, (I have to ask), should they have to get a separate permit or a permit specifically stating the reason for having the gun coming along with them ? If the reason is not good enough, then should they be denide the permit for carrying a weapon at the specific rally applied for ? Should a bill be created that addresses the issue if there isn't one already ? If a rally is created or a march that is deemed peaceful by the organizers as just that, and it is stated in the permit being granted as such, then shouldn't there be added (due to the peaceful nature) a rule that states no weapons at all are allowed at the event, and a copy of it is to be given to the local police force in order to enforce the rule ?

Or wants to intimidate someone "open carries". A gun in plain sight on a human being outside of hunting game or at a shooting range, gun show or something to that affect is there to intimidate with. The open carry on those at the Dallas rally were there to send a message to human beings, and so who was the message being sent to is the question ? Did the ones who were open carrying, feel that they were doing so to protect the interest or message of their fellow protestors ? Who would have denide that message in which was in the interest of the protestors ?
I'm not intimidated by people who open carry but then again I'm not scared of guns

Or wants to intimidate someone "open carries". A gun in plain sight on a human being outside of hunting game or at a shooting range, gun show or something to that affect is there to intimidate with. The open carry on those at the Dallas rally were there to send a message to human beings, and so who was the message being sent to is the question ? Did the ones who were open carrying, feel that they were doing so to protect the interest or message of their fellow protestors ? Who would have denide that message in which was in the interest of the protestors ?
I'm not intimidated by people who open carry but then again I'm not scared of guns
. I'm not scared of guns either, unless they are pointed at me by a fool whom I know will shoot me. Then I get nervous... wow.

Then join the Marines, pussy.

What's that got to do with the topic

And I have no plans to join the military. My Dad was a Navy Pilot and got killed for nothing in Nam. I don't owe the fucking government anything

And I have no plans to join the military. My Dad was a Navy Pilot and got killed for nothing in Nam. I don't owe the fucking government anything

You said you're not scared of guns. Guns fire lead projectiles at thousands of feet per second. If you're not scared of them, you're not rational. Or else you're trying to sound like a tough guy. So, assuming it's the latter, join the military. Guns can't hurt you, after all.

You said you're not scared of guns. Guns fire lead projectiles at thousands of feet per second. If you're not scared of them, you're not rational. Or else you're trying to sound like a tough guy. So, assuming it's the latter, join the military. Guns can't hurt you, after all.

Well, to be honest, I'm also not afraid of people in general who carry guns, but whether someone carrying one in my vicinity might be one of the "nut jobs" who "flips out" while I'm there does concern me. I have to be honest too and note that were s/he carrying a bladed weapon or slingshot, or even a bow and arrows, I'd be a good deal less concerned.

Well, to be honest, I'm also not afraid of people in general who carry guns, but whether someone carrying one in my vicinity might be one of the "nut jobs" who "flips out" while I'm there does concern me. I have to be honest too and note that were s/he carrying a bladed weapon or slingshot, or even a bow and arrows, I'd be a good deal less concerned.

It's fascinating to me that your average rightwinger seems to express white-hot fear of Mexican immigrants, Muslim refugees, and black "thugs" (whether armed or not), yet they're proud in trumpeting their lack of fear of someone walking around without a uniform on, sporting a high-powered assault rifle.

Again, in America, fear knows no sensible rationale.

Guns do not scare me. I have used and handled them for more than 30 years. I am not afraid of an inanimate object are you?

I bet a chainsaw will make you piss your pants huh?.

And no a gun cannot hurt me it's the human being holding it that can do that

It's fascinating to me that your average rightwinger seems to express white-hot fear of Mexican immigrants, Muslim refugees, and black "thugs" (whether armed or not), yet they're proud in trumpeting their lack of fear of someone walking around without a uniform on, sporting a high-powered assault rifle.

Again, in America, fear knows no sensible rationale.

Well there you go I am not average nor am I a right winger

Guns do not scare me. I have used and handled them for more than 30 years. I am not afraid of an inanimate object are you?

Not always.

6 Americans Have Been Shot by Their Dogs

This argument "guns don't kill, people kill" is beyond spurious and weak. You know damned well guns are more dangerous than fists. They're more deadly than knives or forks or baseball bats or scissors. You're not being honest. No one who trumpets these NRA/gun lobby talking points is.

Yep....as long as you are not a felon and commit no crime with the weapon.....what is the issue? It is a Right....not a privilege........again....they have committed no crime....broken no law.......

Public streets.........

View attachment 81555
. What's impossible ? That if I want to attend a rally that is divisive but peaceful, and if I feel the need to carry my weapon for protection while there, then your saying that there is no permit process for me to do so or that it is impossible to have me fill out a form to grant me the authority to carry openly my weapon at the rally in which I am seeking to attend, and also to carry a weapon to the rally for my personal protection if needed ? A permit in which puts my name on a granted permit list of possible carry holders in which may be attending the rally and attending it while armed ?

Here is a clue......criminals can't get the permit in the first place, and if they want to carry they are going to carry......just like the guy in Dallas didn't have written permission to murder police officers...and he did it anyway.....

You want to add a layer of paperwork to people who are not going to shoot anyone, and your added layer of paperwork wouldn't stop a mass shooter.....

You are not thinking clearly.......what is it with you anti gunners and pieces of paper?

View attachment 81555
. What's impossible ? That if I want to attend a rally that is divisive but peaceful, and if I feel the need to carry my weapon for protection while there, then your saying that there is no permit process for me to do so or that it is impossible to have me fill out a form to grant me the authority to carry openly my weapon at the rally in which I am seeking to attend for my personal protection ? A permit in which puts my name on a granted permit list of possible carry holders in which may be attending the rally and attending it while armed ?
No.
I'm saying that it's impossible to know who is carrying a weapon and who is not. I'm saying that a permit does nothing. I'm saying whether there are laws, restrictions, or check points, or not, people that want to bring weapons to marches and rallies will do so. How is anyone going to control such? So, why even get a permit? What real purpose does a permit serve? Those that have no intention to harm anyone, shouldn't be worried about anyway. And the bad guys that do have intentions to harm someone, aren't going to apply for permit.

It's basically the same as stupid gun control and attempting to get weapons off our streets. It's impossible.
So is murder, so let's get rid of capital punishment..

Wrong again.......murder is against the law......we arrest people who do it and then put them in prison....we do not arrest people who we think might commit murder ......please...think before you post.....

View attachment 81555
. What's impossible ? That if I want to attend a rally that is divisive but peaceful, and if I feel the need to carry my weapon for protection while there, then your saying that there is no permit process for me to do so or that it is impossible to have me fill out a form to grant me the authority to carry openly my weapon at the rally in which I am seeking to attend for my personal protection ? A permit in which puts my name on a granted permit list of possible carry holders in which may be attending the rally and attending it while armed ?
No.
I'm saying that it's impossible to know who is carrying a weapon and who is not. I'm saying that a permit does nothing. I'm saying whether there are laws, restrictions, or check points, or not, people that want to bring weapons to marches and rallies will do so. How is anyone going to control such? So, why even get a permit? What real purpose does a permit serve? Those that have no intention to harm anyone, shouldn't be worried about anyway. And the bad guys that do have intentions to harm someone, aren't going to apply for permit.

It's basically the same as stupid gun control and attempting to get weapons off our streets. It's impossible.
. I guess I'm mainly talking about open carry like the situation was in Dallas... Yes concealed carry is just that, but if prohibited at a rally or event, then I wouldn't want the law to find me packing at a rally or event if it is not lawful to do so at the specific event. Right Sonny ? An event could OK open or concealed carry, but shouldn't the event organizers accompanied by law enforcement set the guidelines and rules for such ? Otherwise there could be a permit process that would grant permission or not to those who would want to carry openly or concealed at the event. This way law enforcement along with the event organizers might at least know who is packing, and why they are packing at the event right ?

If it is taking place in a public place...Civil Rights still apply...if they rent a venue...then they can set the rules....

View attachment 81555
No.

Then obviously there's no reason to oppose such laws and regulations.

Yes there are......because they make law abiding people criminals simply for a failure to get a piece of paper...they will have committed no actual crime...but you create a crime for them to commit simply to get them in trouble...when it serves no real deterrent against actual criminals

You guys are so gung ho to screw over law abiding gun owners, yet could not care less about the actual criminals murdering people in democrat cities.....you have warped thinking processes.....

Yep....as long as you are not a felon and commit no crime with the weapon.....what is the issue? It is a Right....not a privilege........again....they have committed no crime....broken no law.......

Public streets.........

Open carry is banned in several states without a permit. Just because something is declared a "right" doesn't mean it is an unconditional right.

Not always.

6 Americans Have Been Shot by Their Dogs

This argument "guns don't kill, people kill" is beyond spurious and weak. You know damned well guns are more dangerous than fists. They're more deadly than knives or forks or baseball bats or scissors. You're not being honest. No one who trumpets these NRA/gun lobby talking points is.

Nope.....357,000,000 guns in private hands and less than 8,124 used to commit murder by people already legally barred from buying, owning or carrying them........your gun laws didn't work in 8,124 cases.......so adding a piece of paper to law abiding people who commit no crimes will not stop new murders.......

Public streets.........

Open carry is banned in several states without a permit. Just because something is declared a "right" doesn't mean it is an unconditional right.

Those bans are unconstitutional..........

View attachment 81555
No.

So is murder, so let's get rid of capital punishment..

Wrong again.......murder is against the law......we arrest people who do it and then put them in prison....we do not arrest people who we think might commit murder ......please...think before you post.....
Oh, I see, that form of logic for guns only works when you present a logical conclusion, sure Buddy, what evah turns your wheels..

Forum List

Back