Is There Scientific Evidence Supporting the Floor of Noah?

Are secular scientists prone to exaggeration in support of accepted theories?

• Yes, at least on occasion.

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • No, never. They are highly respected and above tweaking data... They are above suspicion.

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
the evidence is overwhelming, its just that evo's dont like the truth being told so they attack anyone who dares speak of it
I for one have never been overwhelmed. What does make me curious is that so much of Earth's history has been left out of the Bible. A good example is the fact that the Mediterranean Sea almost completely evaporated at one time so it would have been possible to walk from Egypt to Crete. Yet not a single mention in the Bible? The refilling must have been spectacular but again not a single mention.

how do you know it evaporated???
Drill a hole anywhere in the Mediterranean Sea basin and you'll encounter very thick layers of salt. The composition of the layers precisely matches what you'd find if you left a bucket of sea water to evaporate. Different salts will precipitate at different concentrations.
so you dug holes under the med???
Oil wells and scientific research drilling led to the discovery now called the Messinian salinity crisis.
fair enough, even though none of it can be proven,,,

so why are you mad that a book you disagree with doesnt have all of eternity's information in it ,???

the evidence is overwhelming, its just that evo's dont like the truth being told so they attack anyone who dares speak of it
I for one have never been overwhelmed. What does make me curious is that so much of Earth's history has been left out of the Bible. A good example is the fact that the Mediterranean Sea almost completely evaporated at one time so it would have been possible to walk from Egypt to Crete. Yet not a single mention in the Bible? The refilling must have been spectacular but again not a single mention.

Well, it's not a book about the history of the Earth. It's a book about the history of God's relationship with His people. There are a lot of important things that happened in the world around that time which weren't mentioned, because they weren't germane to the story being told.

Drill a hole anywhere in the Mediterranean Sea basin and you'll encounter very thick layers of salt. The composition of the layers precisely matches what you'd find if you left a bucket of sea water to evaporate. Different salts will precipitate at different concentrations.
Oil wells and scientific research drilling led to the discovery now called the Messinian salinity crisis.
so why are you mad that a book you disagree with doesnt have all of eternity's information in it ,???
Just seems odd to me that if people were indeed alive during this time why didn't such an event even get a footnote? Plenty on the flood but nothing on this. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, there's nothing on ice ages, continental drift, super volcanoes, asteroids, or mountain building either. It's almost as if all that happened before man existed. That week of Genesis was jam packed with stuff.

Just seems odd to me that if people were indeed alive during this time why didn't such an event even get a footnote? Plenty on the flood but nothing on this. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, there's nothing on ice ages, continental drift, super volcanoes, asteroids, or mountain building either. It's almost as if all that happened before man existed. That week of Genesis was jam packed with stuff.
or it could be everything you believe is wrong,,,,

plenty on the flood???

I think its a page or two,,,how is that plenty???

Well, it's not a book about the history of the Earth. It's a book about the history of God's relationship with His people. There are a lot of important things that happened in the world around that time which weren't mentioned, because they weren't germane to the story being told.
I guess. It just seems God didn't think much of his early work: ignoring most events and people and not telling His people almost anything they didn't already know, only talking about himself and their relationship.

There does seem to be overwhelming evidence that certain proofs are being systematically ignored or redefined or hidden, in order to eliminate possible "confusion".

Is this the same flood the Sumerians wrote about?
Sumerian flood myth found in the Deluge tablet was the epic of Ziusudra.

I guess. It just seems God didn't think much of his early work: ignoring most events and people and not telling His people almost anything they didn't already know, only talking about himself and their relationship.
you are aware god didnt write it???

I love when people exclaim that many cultures have the same “myth”.
Today we see the same story in one state being told 100 different ways.

You saying the Bible is not the work of God but of Man?

plenty on the flood???

Is it possible that everything you believe is wrong?

And a page or two is plenty compared to zero.
when did I say what I believe???
I'm still trying to figure it out but the evos keep lying to me, at least the bible thumpers admit its based on faith, and can back up some of it with evidence,,,,not so much for the evos

You saying the Bible is not the work of God but of Man?
you have a serious reading problem,,,

plenty on the flood???

I'm still trying to figure it out but the evos keep lying to me, at least the bible thumpers admit its based on faith, and can back up some of it with evidence,,,,not so much for the evos
I'm guessing you believe something, even if it is only that evos keep lying to you and the bible thumpers have some evidence. Those beliefs could be wrong.

plenty on the flood???

I'm guessing you believe something, even if it is only that evos keep lying to you and the bible thumpers have some evidence. Those beliefs could be wrong.
those are observations,,,

The flood related to the story the Bible is telling. The other stuff didn't. It's almost as if you know very little about storytelling.

The flood related to the story the Bible is telling. The other stuff didn't. It's almost as if you know very little about storytelling.
I know the difference between theology and history and science. It seems that not everyone on USMB can say the same.

Forum List

Back