Is there any sound argument for God's existence?

DAWS good to see you've learned how to cherry pick reviews that suit your present view.

D.M. Murdock, also known by her pen name, "Acharya S," is the author of several books on comparative religion and mythology, including "The Christ Conspiracy," "Suns of God," "Who Was Jesus?" and "Christ in Egypt." She is also the author of "The Gospel According to Acharya S," which seeks to answer some long-held questions concerning the nature of God, religion and humankind's place in the world.

Acharya S has done a superb job in bringing together this rich panoply of ancient world mythology and culture, and presenting it in a comprehensive and compelling fashion. She grabs the reader from the first page and doesn't let go. --Earl Doherty

The Christ Conspiracy--very, very scholarly and wholly researched--is a book for today... --Rev. B. Strauss, ex-Catholic priest, Chicago, IL

Acharya S has done a service to forensic anthropology similar to what Euclid did for geometry. She has pulled together all available materials to reveal the inner workings of perhaps the biggest folly of Western man. I enjoyed it immensely. --EBTX

Acharya S pulls no punches, beating her adversary to a bloody pulp... This war of words, it seems, is a battle the author takes most seriously in her righteous quest to undo 2000 years of mental slavery inflicted upon humankind. --Adam Gorightly

Acharya brings in secular [and] church history, archaeology, theology, mythology, linguistics...to provide plenty of backing for her theses. An essential book for anyone who wants to know the reality behind the world's dominant religion. --Russ Kick

Drawing together an amazing amount of research, Acharya S...demolishes the facade of Christianity, showing that it is 100% mythology. -- You Are Being Lied Too, April 1, 2001
it would seem you do too...
so you have no point....

so you have no point...

More correctly put - I see no point in debating with a buffoon such as you. ... well ..... actually it's kinda entertaining watching you flounder around while I smack you with the Fish Bat LMAO :badgrin:
you have a rich fantasy life...

it would seem you do too...
so you have no point....

so you have no point...

More correctly put - I see no point in debating with a buffoon such as you. ... well ..... actually it's kinda entertaining watching you flounder around while I smack you with the Fish Bat LMAO :badgrin:

When you stop being a hysterical, granny-euthanizing whiner, that'll be change we can believe in. I hate to tell you this, you sociofascist bottom-feeder, but your inferiority complex is fully justified.

When you stop being a hysterical, granny-euthanizing whiner, that'll be change we can believe in. I hate to tell you this, you sociofascist bottom-feeder, but your inferiority complex is fully justified.
you have a rich fantasy life..

If you'd rather use another word for the spiritual entity in which mankind connects, be my guest... Yahweh? Allah? Mother Nature? We can call it whatever, it still means what it means. I've made no argument supporting the sanity or rationality of any manmade incarnation of God. My only argument is for human spirituality, which has been present in mankind for all of human existence.

If your only argument is for human spirituality then what is the insistence that what people connect to must be God about and why did you claim to have made a rational argument for the existence of God?

Because in communicating with each other, we define the spiritual entity greater than man which man worships as "God." Some call "God" a different word, and that's fine, I call it God. You are attempting to apply a specific religious incarnation to "God" and insist that the only way any "God" could exist is if it conforms to that particular incarnation. Whether this is caused by your shallow mind which cannot comprehend "God" any other way, or whether it is your attempt to refute a religious connotation you don't agree with, or whatever your reasoning, it simply doesn't apply here.

Humans connect to a spiritual power greater than man, and that power is known by most as God.

And as far as 'spirituality' having always been present, perhaps you left some before mentioned historical facts out of your speculations and conversations with whatever it is that you connect to in your imagination?

But it's not my imagination. Nor is it the imagination of 95% of all humans who've ever existed. We've covered this already, and I have eviscerated your arguments. It simply defies Darwinism that humans rise to the top of all intelligent life through the practice of needlessly worshiping something imaginary out of delusion. Humans even developed a word to describe specific benefits realized from their spiritual worship... "blessings." Humans also developed a word for the strength and courage gained from spirituality to achieve impossible feats and advance the species... it's called "inspiration." There is absolutely nothing superficial or imaginary about this.

Yes, people have always practiced one religion or another, but why? ...In the past religious worship was compulsory under penalty of torture and death...

No, people have not always practiced religions. Religious teachings became popular over time because of mankind's intrinsic spiritual connections. During periods of history, man has sought to control spirituality by controlling religion. But human spirituality is too strong to control.

What you keep doing is confusing "religion" with human spirituality, and I get where you are coming from, really I do. I'm not all that hot on organized religions because they can be dangerous if you don't comprehend the magnitude of a spiritual God. But regardless of my personal feelings about organized religion, there is still evidence that humans do worship something greater than self, and that "thing" is God.

Here is a summation of problems with and signals from Acharya S' The Christ Conspiracy:

It is published by "Adventures Unlimited," which also puts out material on time travel and Atlantis.

I would recommend to the reader Glenn Miller's work in progress on copycat myths as well as our series on pagan comparisons.

One may ask, what about the fact that atheistic communism has caused more deaths than all religious crusades of any sort combined?...

Actually, all of those claims were addressed long ago:

What about Acharya's publisher - Adventurers Unlimited Press?

On JP Holding, Licona & Glenn Miller:

http://www.truthbeknown.com/holding.htm

http://www.truthbeknown.com/licona.htm

http://www.freethoughtnation.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=4823#p4823

Pagan Parallels: Achilles Heel of Christianity

"what about the fact that atheistic communism has caused more deaths than all religious crusades of any sort combined?"

Baaaahahaha, completely false:

Christianity has murdered around 250 million & Islam 270 million, half a Billion deaths in just two religions.

How many has God killed?

Were Stalin, Hitler and Pol Pot atheists?

Last edited:
If your only argument is for human spirituality then what is the insistence that what people connect to must be God about and why did you claim to have made a rational argument for the existence of God?

Because in communicating with each other, we define the spiritual entity greater than man which man worships as "God." Some call "God" a different word, and that's fine, I call it God. You are attempting to apply a specific religious incarnation to "God" and insist that the only way any "God" could exist is if it conforms to that particular incarnation. Whether this is caused by your shallow mind which cannot comprehend "God" any other way, or whether it is your attempt to refute a religious connotation you don't agree with, or whatever your reasoning, it simply doesn't apply here.
Humans connect to a spiritual power greater than man, and that power is known by most as God.

Two things here. I am not attempting to apply any specific religious incarnation to God, I have shown how other species also connect to something greater than themselves out of fear and an instinct for survival and that in itself is not proof of any God although it may be the beginnings of transcendent and abstract thought . What I have also pointed out is that if what people believe about whatever God it may be that they think that they are connecting to is false then they are not connecting to anything. As I have said what you define as spirituality is nothing more than a function of the mind, sometimes rational, sometimes not so much.

The other thing is now you have attributed some undefined 'power' to spirituality. You are beginning to sound like saint Brad, a very deeply disturbed and devoted follower of his own imagination.

And as far as 'spirituality' having always been present, perhaps you left some before mentioned historical facts out of your speculations and conversations with whatever it is that you connect to in your imagination?

But it's not my imagination. Nor is it the imagination of 95% of all humans who've ever existed. We've covered this already, and I have eviscerated your arguments. It simply defies Darwinism that humans rise to the top of all intelligent life through the practice of needlessly worshiping something imaginary out of delusion. Humans even developed a word to describe specific benefits realized from their spiritual worship... "blessings." Humans also developed a word for the strength and courage gained from spirituality to achieve impossible feats and advance the species... it's called "inspiration." There is absolutely nothing superficial or imaginary about this.

Oh please! You have eviscerated nothing. Humans have climbed to the top of all intelligent life through 'spirituality' according to Darwin? Give me a break. Maybe you haven't noticed but the dinosaurs were once at the top and it had absolutely nothing to do with spirituality or intelligence professor. And how can you fail to acknowledge the deranged and heinous actions of those who feel 'inspired' by the 'spiritual' connection to their God who tells them to murder their children because they are possessed or to chop off the heads of anyone who listens to music? Nothing imaginary? Inhuman ruthlessness has more to do with prevailing spiritual beliefs and practices than any rational intelligent thought or some rarified spirituality.

Yes, people have always practiced one religion or another, but why? ...In the past religious worship was compulsory under penalty of torture and death...

No, people have not always practiced religions. Religious teachings became popular over time because of mankind's intrinsic spiritual connections. During periods of history, man has sought to control spirituality by controlling religion. But human spirituality is too strong to control.

What you keep doing is confusing "religion" with human spirituality, and I get where you are coming from, really I do. I'm not all that hot on organized religions because they can be dangerous if you don't comprehend the magnitude of a spiritual God. But regardless of my personal feelings about organized religion, there is still evidence that humans do worship something greater than self, and that "thing" is God.

What you keep doing is ignoring the violent and compulsory nature of the "spirituality" of the many peoples and nations of differing irrational and contradictory religious beliefs and practices and the generational emotional and mental trauma consequent to surviving among deranged corrupt and violent people for thousands of years.

I am not confusing religion with human spirituality. The two are inextricably entwined.

Again, if what people believe about God defines their spirituality and if those beliefs are false then that "thing" they pray to and worship is not God.

Last edited:

Two things here. I am not attempting to apply any specific religious incarnation to God, I have shown how other species also connect to something greater than themselves out of fear and an instinct for survival and that in itself is not proof of any God although it may be the beginnings of transcendent and abstract thought . What I have also pointed out is that if what people believe about whatever God it may be that they think that they are connecting to is false then they are not connecting to anything. As I have said what you define as spirituality is nothing more than a function of the mind, sometimes rational, sometimes not so much.

The other thing is now you have attributed some undefined 'power' to spirituality. You are beginning to sound like saint Brad, a very deeply disturbed and devoted follower of his own imagination.

Oh please! You have eviscerated nothing. Humans have climbed to the top of all intelligent life through 'spirituality' according to Darwin? Give me a break. Maybe you haven't noticed but the dinosaurs were once at the top and it had absolutely nothing to do with spirituality or intelligence professor. And how can you fail to acknowledge the deranged and heinous actions of those who feel 'inspired' by the 'spiritual' connection to their God who tells them to murder their children because they are possessed or to chop off the heads of anyone who listens to music? Nothing imaginary? Inhuman ruthlessness has more to do with prevailing spiritual beliefs and practices than any rational intelligent thought or some rarified spirituality.

What you keep doing is ignoring the violent and compulsory nature of the "spirituality" of the many peoples and nations of differing irrational and contradictory religious beliefs and practices and the generational emotional and mental trauma consequent to surviving among deranged corrupt and violent people for thousands of years.

I am not confusing religion with human spirituality. The two are inextricably entwined.

Again, if what people believe about God defines their spirituality and if those beliefs are false then that "thing" they pray to and worship is not God.
expect a extremely convoluted and subjective rebuttal, to your simple, elegant and accurate post.

You've not shown how any other species worships a power greater than self because nothing else does. You're drawing a false comparison to "strength in numbers" mentality, which all mammals seem to have. This includes humans who believe they can gather together on message boards and hoot down Christians to make God go away.

I disagree with your second premise, that if what one believes turns out to be false, then what they experienced was also false. Much of what Darwin believed was true regarding evolution, has turned out to be totally inaccurate, that doesn't render Darwinism false. Many believe man is causing global warming, if they are wrong it doesn't mean the Earth isn't going through a warming cycle. Humans are capable of misinterpreting and misunderstanding their experiences. Happens all the time.

No, I defined the power as something greater than self and not of the physical world. I've also explained how it's not imaginary and can't be considered a product of sheer imagination because it would defy Darwinism.

Oh please! You have eviscerated nothing. Humans have climbed to the top of all intelligent life through 'spirituality' according to Darwin? Give me a break. Maybe you haven't noticed but the dinosaurs were once at the top and it had absolutely nothing to do with spirituality or intelligence professor.

Now you are twisting what I said into a pretzel. I did not state that according to Darwin, humans climbed to the top of all intelligence through spiritualism. I rejected your notion that human spirituality is imaginary and delusional and as such, serves no valid function or purpose. This would defy Darwin, that mankind ascended to the top while hobbled and hindered by false beliefs in imaginary delusions, while other primates were not handicapped in such a way. There is a reason humans are superior in intelligence to apes and chimps, and that reason is found in our ability to spiritually connect to something greater than self. God.

It is through our human spirituality that people are "inspired" to accomplish things they would otherwise never consider attempting. The realization of an inner strength we are not capable of on our own, without a spiritual connection leading to that inspiration.

And how can you fail to acknowledge the deranged and heinous actions of those who feel 'inspired' by the 'spiritual' connection to their God who tells them to murder their children because they are possessed or to chop off the heads of anyone who listens to music? Nothing imaginary? Inhuman ruthlessness has more to do with prevailing spiritual beliefs and practices than any rational intelligent thought or some rarified spirituality.

I don't think I failed to acknowledge that. I've repeatedly stated that "religions" are the manifestation of our human spirituality and some are good while others are bad. I've never said that human spiritual connection never causes imaginations to run wild, it often does. This does not mean that spiritual nature is imaginary and not real. 95% of our species is not imagining something that isn't real, else other primates would have surpassed humans along the evolution highway. When you consider that we are not superior to other species in terms of our five limited senses, the only real advantage we have as a species is our ability to spiritually connect and be inspired.

Religion is not spirituality.

Yes you are and no they're not. If that were the case, there would be one religion and one belief in God. And in your shallow mind, that's what you believe we have... one God who fits your narrow-minded criteria, and everyone who believes in this spiritual God is the same. Step back from your hatred of religion for a moment and review the data. For all of human existence, 95% of our species has believed in something greater than self, worshiped something higher in power than mortal human beings, and found amazing power and inspiration in doing so, which is self-evident. That's not a fluke. That's not wild imaginations or delusions. That's not superstition.

And when you can prove that thing they believe in is false, you may have an argument. As of now, even the tenets of Darwinism contradict your argument.

You've not shown how any other species worships a power greater than self because nothing else does. You're drawing a false comparison to "strength in numbers" mentality, which all mammals seem to have. This includes humans who believe they can gather together on message boards and hoot down Christians to make God go away.

I disagree with your second premise, that if what one believes turns out to be false, then what they experienced was also false. Much of what Darwin believed was true regarding evolution, has turned out to be totally inaccurate, that doesn't render Darwinism false. Many believe man is causing global warming, if they are wrong it doesn't mean the Earth isn't going through a warming cycle. Humans are capable of misinterpreting and misunderstanding their experiences. Happens all the time.

No, I defined the power as something greater than self and not of the physical world. I've also explained how it's not imaginary and can't be considered a product of sheer imagination because it would defy Darwinism.

Now you are twisting what I said into a pretzel. I did not state that according to Darwin, humans climbed to the top of all intelligence through spiritualism. I rejected your notion that human spirituality is imaginary and delusional and as such, serves no valid function or purpose. This would defy Darwin, that mankind ascended to the top while hobbled and hindered by false beliefs in imaginary delusions, while other primates were not handicapped in such a way. There is a reason humans are superior in intelligence to apes and chimps, and that reason is found in our ability to spiritually connect to something greater than self. God.

It is through our human spirituality that people are "inspired" to accomplish things they would otherwise never consider attempting. The realization of an inner strength we are not capable of on our own, without a spiritual connection leading to that inspiration.

I don't think I failed to acknowledge that. I've repeatedly stated that "religions" are the manifestation of our human spirituality and some are good while others are bad. I've never said that human spiritual connection never causes imaginations to run wild, it often does. This does not mean that spiritual nature is imaginary and not real. 95% of our species is not imagining something that isn't real, else other primates would have surpassed humans along the evolution highway. When you consider that we are not superior to other species in terms of our five limited senses, the only real advantage we have as a species is our ability to spiritually connect and be inspired.

Religion is not spirituality.

Yes you are and no they're not. If that were the case, there would be one religion and one belief in God. And in your shallow mind, that's what you believe we have... one God who fits your narrow-minded criteria, and everyone who believes in this spiritual God is the same. Step back from your hatred of religion for a moment and review the data. For all of human existence, 95% of our species has believed in something greater than self, worshiped something higher in power than mortal human beings, and found amazing power and inspiration in doing so, which is self-evident. That's not a fluke. That's not wild imaginations or delusions. That's not superstition.

And when you can prove that thing they believe in is false, you may have an argument. As of now, even the tenets of Darwinism contradict your argument.
yep! just like I said...

If God really existed, he would not tolerate the presence of televangelists on the air.

This falsely assumes that God is a human-like entity with human attributes and emotions. Why would an omnipotent power need to feel tolerance or intolerance? Now I realize that statement may rub certain religious believers the wrong way, but as I've said, religion is the manifestation of our human spirituality. Man has bestowed these humanistic attributes on God because this is a way for men to comprehend a God they can't otherwise imagine.

I believe in God as a positive form of spiritual energy we cannot see or measure physically, but we have the limited ability to realize and tap into. We can do things to disrupt the flow of this positive energy and cause evil in the hearts of man and bad things to happen, or we can tap into the positive flow of energy and find strength to achieve great and miraculous things. Electricity is a form of energy, it doesn't "care" whether you sin or not, and it doesn't get "angry" or have "compassion" ...it simply exists and can be handled appropriately to make amazing things happen or inappropriately to make bad things happen.

Most people who claim they don't believe in God, have envisioned God as some human-like entity with human-like emotions and attributes, and I agree, I don't think such an entity exists. But, I still believe in God.

yep! just like I said...

Daws, you need to fix your quote tags, it appears you are saying what I said. I wouldn't want anyone to mistake you for someone who is making sense.

Nothing is ever like you said, you are an idiot. The only place anything is ever "just as you said" is inside your empty little head. Be careful not to soak up too much of my knowledge here or you'll sound like a maraca when you walk.

yep! just like I said...

Daws, you need to fix your quote tags, it appears you are saying what I said. I wouldn't want anyone to mistake you for someone who is making sense.

Nothing is ever like you said, you are an idiot. The only place anything is ever "just as you said" is inside your empty little head. Be careful not to soak up too much of my knowledge here or you'll sound like a maraca when you walk.
again just like I said...

Proof of god is everywhere around you. Consider the human brain and body=the most complex things in the known universe,only a fool would think the human body and brain could evolve by chance and any amount of time!!

Proof of god is everywhere around you. Consider the human brain and body=the most complex things in the known universe,only a fool would think the human body and brain could evolve by chance and any amount of time!!

And yet, this magnificent mind can be convinced by a sick wacko that UFO's are arriving in the skies along with a comet, so the only appropriate thing to do is to have a Valium laced applesauce treat, lie down in a bunk bed, pull a black sheet over one's head, and wait until one is tranfered to butterfly status so that one can return to the creater on board the starship Enterprise through Heaven's Gate.

And i won't even get started about Jim Jones.....

My grandmother had one of god's created magnificent minds, and she spent the last three years of her life totally convinced that the FBI and the CIA were hiding in her attic recording everything she said or thought, and that her children were all agents of the government that were out to get her and her money (which did not exist), and only Oral Roberts could save her but would not, unless she sent Oral all of her nickels and dimes that she could dig up here and there. Unfortunately, Oral could not help her after her TV broke, because he could only communicate with her if she touched the screen while he was broadcasting.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back