Is there any sound argument for God's existence?

If God really existed, he would not tolerate the presence of televangelists on the air.
he would for their comedic value only!:lol:

I guess that's why he allows you to post here - Comedic Value - lol

Daws, you're so far out of your depth you need a snorkel to keep from drowning in your ignorance.
who is he? if you mean your imaginary sky faerie...then you are appealing to a nonexistent authority..can't get any more ignorant than ...

who is he? if you mean your imaginary sky faerie...then you are appealing to a nonexistent authority..can't get any more ignorant than ...

Don't know who or what he or it is - If I thought I had all the answers I'd be a Liberal

Michael Jackson is not dead. His bleach failed and he's hiding out in The White House. You can tell by the dance....
can't be, unless he had a penis transplant ...

I can see why a race baiting flake like you votes Democrat. It's easier than working.
I've seen homeless people shouting at pigeons who make more sense than an organically-certified weenie like you.

Michael Jackson is not dead. His bleach failed and he's hiding out in The White House. You can tell by the dance....
can't be, unless he had a penis transplant ...

I can see why a race baiting flake like you votes Democrat. It's easier than working.
I've seen homeless people shouting at pigeons who make more sense than an organically-certified weenie like you.
wouldn't be simpler just to admit you love making false accusations..?

Is there any sound argument for God's existence? Things like the cosmological argument, the design argument, the argument from miracles, the argument from religious experience, the moral argument, the "five ways", and so on?

In continental philosophy, it is widely assumed that the attempt to argue for God's existence is pointless and has been ruled out since Kant. But in analytic philosophy, the debate goes on with increasingly technical arguments...

Your thoughts, please.

I once was all about William Lane Craig who is adept at using at least 4 ok arguments for a concept of theistic god. sounds like you know him. my favorite was kalam cosmological argument which i wrote my own version, some 40 pages, in high school.

Half way though college with a philosophy and sociology degree I turned away from my Christian faith to pursue more liberal desires. eventually i pursued hedonism to near death (iv drug use) and now i am a taoist and taoism is the ultimate way to perceive god or reality. it notes paradoxes in life and accepts them unlike most western concepts of logic and rational thought. i have never felt more aligned with myself. the thing about taoism too is you can even use Jesus Christ as your god, taoism demonstrates inclusivism 100%.

Don't know who or what he or it is - If I thought I had all the answers I'd be a Liberal
really? odd your posts indicate that you do think you have all the answers..

You should come with a warning label because you contain more than a trace amount of nut. If ignorance is Bliss you must be one happy Liberal.

You've not shown how any other species worships a power greater than self because nothing else does. You're drawing a false comparison to "strength in numbers" mentality, which all mammals seem to have. This includes humans who believe they can gather together on message boards and hoot down Christians to make God go away. .

I showed how other species connect to something greater than themselves. And who is to say that a roosters crow at sunrise isn't the beginning of what was once sun worship in humans? Who can say if the roosters who crow at 4 am don't believe in the power of Cockadoodledoo?

I disagree with your second premise, that if what one believes turns out to be false, then what they experienced was also false. Much of what Darwin believed was true regarding evolution, has turned out to be totally inaccurate, that doesn't render Darwinism false. Many believe man is causing global warming, if they are wrong it doesn't mean the Earth isn't going through a warming cycle. Humans are capable of misinterpreting and misunderstanding their experiences. Happens all the time.

If a primitive human heard thunder and then thought it was evidence of a deity in the sky but it turns out that there isn't anything supernatural about it then entire belief system was always false even if they really felt the thunder rumble through their body.

Now you are twisting what I said into a pretzel. I did not state that according to Darwin, humans climbed to the top of all intelligence through spiritualism. I rejected your notion that human spirituality is imaginary and delusional and as such, serves no valid function or purpose. This would defy Darwin, that mankind ascended to the top while hobbled and hindered by false beliefs in imaginary delusions, while other primates were not handicapped in such a way. .

It would defy how you interpret Darwinism if imaginary and delusional beliefs didn't serve any valid function or purpose but they do and very well for those people who have a vested interest in keeping the rest of the population blindly and mindlessly supporting beliefs and practices that make rational thinking impossible subsequently firmly cementing their comfy position above the carnage of the rabble degraded by those very beliefs and practices. Then they lovingly 'minister' to the confused who turn to their captors for understanding and direction and are celebrated as men of God even though in reality are nothing more than actors and lying frauds perpetuating a very profitable scam...

its worked like a charm for millennia.

Last edited:
You've not shown how any other species worships a power greater than self because nothing else does. You're drawing a false comparison to "strength in numbers" mentality, which all mammals seem to have. This includes humans who believe they can gather together on message boards and hoot down Christians to make God go away. .

I showed how other species connect to something greater than themselves. And who is to say that a roosters crow at sunrise isn't the beginning of what was once sun worship in humans? Who can say if the roosters who crow at 4 am don't believe in the power of Cockadoodledoo?

Well, we know that roosters have brains the size of a peanut and their crowing at sunrise is a reaction to stimulation of light. Morning glories bloom at sunrise but it doesn't mean they are worshiping the sun. You've not demonstrated how anything other than humans, knowingly connect to some spiritual force greater than self. You've twisted logic to create a false parameter of "something greater than self" and made a claim on that basis. If we can't be honest in the terminology of what we're actually talking about here, you can twist logic around all day long and make anything you please be the case. In that respect, it is virtually impossible for me to argue with an idiot.

I disagree with your second premise, that if what one believes turns out to be false, then what they experienced was also false. Much of what Darwin believed was true regarding evolution, has turned out to be totally inaccurate, that doesn't render Darwinism false. Many believe man is causing global warming, if they are wrong it doesn't mean the Earth isn't going through a warming cycle. Humans are capable of misinterpreting and misunderstanding their experiences. Happens all the time.

If a primitive human heard thunder and then thought it was evidence of a deity in the sky but it turns out that there isn't anything supernatural about it then entire belief system was always false even if they really felt the thunder rumble through their body.

All throughout history man has discovered how God makes things happen. Those discoveries do not negate God. You can explain how thunder happens but you cannot explain why. What you always eventually run into is "just because that's how it is." But why? Seems to me, thunder serves a beneficial purpose to man as it warns us of impending storms or lightning in the area, but why is it present in our universe? We know what causes it and how it happens, but we can't answer why. The same applies to gravity, electricity, fire, water, etc. We know what they do, what causes them, how they work, but why do they exist in our universe?

Now you are twisting what I said into a pretzel. I did not state that according to Darwin, humans climbed to the top of all intelligence through spiritualism. I rejected your notion that human spirituality is imaginary and delusional and as such, serves no valid function or purpose. This would defy Darwin, that mankind ascended to the top while hobbled and hindered by false beliefs in imaginary delusions, while other primates were not handicapped in such a way. .

It would defy how you interpret Darwinism if imaginary and delusional beliefs didn't serve any valid function or purpose but they do and very well for those people who have a vested interest in keeping the rest of the population blindly and mindlessly supporting beliefs and practices that make rational thinking impossible subsequently firmly cementing their comfy position above the carnage of the rabble degraded by those very beliefs and practices. Then they lovingly 'minister' to the confused who turn to their captors for understanding and direction and are celebrated as men of God even though in reality are nothing more than actors and lying frauds perpetuating a very profitable scam...

its worked like a charm for millennia.

Yes. human spirituality certainly does serve a valid function and purpose. That's the whole point of my argument. Without spirituality, humans would still be swinging from vines in the jungle with our cousins. Now you can mock religion all you like, I happen to agree that most man-made religion is fallible and prone to error. But that is a byproduct of our human spirituality.

If it were impossible to think rationally and still have spirituality, we would still be swinging from the vines in the jungle. So your supposition is refuted by self-evidence.

You hate religion, namely, Christian religion. I get that. I understand. But it has caused you to form a bias toward human spirituality which is baseless and erroneous. Until you can open your mind to possibility, you can't be enlightened, you will forever remain in the darkness. It's not possible for me to make you see something your mind is closed to.

thanks for proving my point ...

Was your point that you are a moron incapable of any rational argument and relegated to repeating "thanks for proving my point" over and over again because you're too stupid to formulate any sort of counter-argument?

The is no God.

Proof:

If there were He/She/It would immediately remove all those who think they are little Gods whose mission is to save the rest of us from ourselves.

But He/She/It doesn't.

And, after all, does it not say somewhere in the "book" something about ".....for I am a jealous God....."?

The is no God.

Proof:

If there were He/She/It would immediately remove all those who think they are little Gods whose mission is to save the rest of us from ourselves.

But He/She/It doesn't.

And, after all, does it not say somewhere in the "book" something about ".....for I am a jealous God....."?

Sorry, but you are presuming God would react in the way that you believe "he" should. You have drawn an illusion of God in your mind which conforms to human emotion. You go on to mention the "book" and quote from the Christian bible, as if to say, the ONLY way a God could exist is as the incarnation of Abrahamic religion.

Again, at the risk of offending some Christian believers... God does not have any need for human attributes. God is not a "he" and doesn't have desire or want. God doesn't love or hate. God doesn't care or become angry or jealous. God is omnipotent and doesn't have human emotions, so God's actions are not dictated by human emotions.

You are God's creation. God gives you the ability to spiritually connect. Through that connection you may realize inner strength, peace of mind, inspiration and blessing. God doesn't care if you utilize your spiritual connection or not because God has no need for caring.

This is supposed to be a philosophical debate, it's on the Philosophy board. But what we seem to have are anti-religious ideologues who hate Christian religious beliefs, trying to denounce the Christian incarnations of God. Your minds are totally closed to any philosophy debate on the subject because you are blinded by your hatred of Christianity.

Sorry, but you are presuming God would react in the way that you believe "he" should. You have drawn an illusion of God in your mind which conforms to human emotion. You go on to mention the "book" and quote from the Christian bible, as if to say, the ONLY way a God could exist is as the incarnation of Abrahamic religion.

Believe all the BS you like! But I am sorry to see you really don't put much faith in your instruction manual. Which, yes, I have read. Also watched the DVD and bought the tee-shirt.

The Fool Says, There is No God
1For the choir director. A Psalm of David. The fool has said in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, they have committed abominable deeds. PSALM 14:1

Forum List

Back