Is there any sound argument for God's existence?

false! your assuming that some thing greater then yourselves is a god..not just that you further assume there is only one god...
nice job of intentional misinterpretation.

thanks Daws for pointing out the obvious.

He claims that connecting to something greater than self is 'spirituality' and then equates spirituality with a god, any god, and then seems to think it is irrelevant if those beliefs are false, irrational or insane.

Seeing the way he and his alter ego respond to you seems to contradict his claim of having an ability to connect with something greater than himself.

I did not "equate" spirituality with a god. If we are spiritually connecting to something, that thing is God. We use words to describe what we are talking about in communication. If you'd rather use another word for the spiritual entity in which mankind connects, be my guest... Yahweh? Allah? Mother Nature? We can call it whatever, it still means what it means. I've made no argument supporting the sanity or rationality of any manmade incarnation of God. My only argument is for human spirituality, which has been present in mankind for all of human existence.

I don't have any special ability that you don't have as a human being. I connect with my God daily, and my God is present at all times. I'm sorry if you have not realized this ability and have become skeptical, that's your problem.

false! your assuming that some thing greater then yourselves is a god..not just that you further assume there is only one god...

No, I clearly defined "God" as being that thing which is greater than self that 95% of humans have always connected with spiritually. If you have defined God some other way, that's not my problem. I've also certainly not dismissed the possibility of more than one "God" and would love to see what statement I've made that would lead you believe this.

I also disagree, it was a terrible job you did of intentional misinterpretation.
false. by using the word god,you've muddied the waters.

Again, I used the word we use commonly to define the entity in which humans spiritually connect. I'm sorry if you think another word is more appropriate, I don't agree. You and hobelim have somehow conjured up a stubborn rigid image of what "God" means, and no one can argue with you two. But you two do not get to define parameters of language and how other humans communicate. Sorry.

true! boss appears to be the kind of person that has to have the last word and truly believes what he is saying.
for whatever reason he has to see himself as the smartest kid in class.

Well, I am definitely the smartest kid in THIS class because you both failed at contradicting any point that I made. You tossed out your opinions which I've destroyed, and then you've launched into personal attacks on my intellect and whatnot. The "debate" ended about a page back, since then you two are tag-team trolling with the same repeated rhetoric. I realize your little circle jerk makes you both feel better, but you're not winning any arguments here. If you can't address my valid points with any kind of suitable intelligent counter-argument, you have failed. Now this is a familiar position for you losers, you are accustomed to failing, I am sure. Still, I don't like to walk away and let the 'last word' be had by idiots who think they've won something. So I'll just keep on pointing out that you've not refuted my arguments and you're both engaging in ad homs because you've failed like the losers you both are.

Never seen them using fire or the wheel either ....

your ability to see is in question.

have you never seen dogs bark at the moon? Cocks crow at sunrise? Have you never seen chimps posturing out of fear?

1.Dogs and or wolves howl at the moon to signal position when hunting. Dogs also howl when left alone for long times and they are attempting to hint to their family members. Dog howls are also very contagious, since one dog's howl may set off a series of howls in ears range.

2. Cocks crow at sunrise? - My cock generally crows at night. Roosters however , according to science have an internal biological clock which is stimulated by external stimuli, something like my cock also.

3. Have you never seen chimps posturing out of fear? - No I Never have - But I've seen them ditching into the woods when five-0 shows up .

It is very inspiring to see the many wonderful things spirituality has done for you.

thanks Daws for pointing out the obvious.

He claims that connecting to something greater than self is 'spirituality' and then equates spirituality with a god, any god, and then seems to think it is irrelevant if those beliefs are false, irrational or insane.

Seeing the way he and his alter ego respond to you seems to contradict his claim of having an ability to connect with something greater than himself.

I did not "equate" spirituality with a god. If we are spiritually connecting to something, that thing is God. .

LOL....

It is truly inspiring to see the many wonderful things that spiritually connecting to a figment of your imagination daily has done for you.

Last edited:

have you never seen dogs bark at the moon? Cocks crow at sunrise? Have you never seen chimps posturing out of fear?

1.Dogs and or wolves howl at the moon to signal position when hunting. Dogs also howl when left alone for long times and they are attempting to hint to their family members. Dog howls are also very contagious, since one dog's howl may set off a series of howls in ears range.

2. Cocks crow at sunrise? - My cock generally crows at night. Roosters however , according to science have an internal biological clock which is stimulated by external stimuli, something like my cock also.

3. Have you never seen chimps posturing out of fear? - No I Never have - But I've seen them ditching into the woods when five-0 shows up .

It is very inspiring to see the many wonderful things spirituality has done for you.

I'm speechless.

Try reading Achayra Sanning / also known as DM Murdock and perhaps you'll get a better understanding of my "spirituality"

Try reading Achayra Sanning / also known as DM Murdock and perhaps you'll get a better understanding of my "spirituality"

What could give anyone a better understanding of what you are about other than your previous post?

If you'd rather use another word for the spiritual entity in which mankind connects, be my guest... Yahweh? Allah? Mother Nature? We can call it whatever, it still means what it means. I've made no argument supporting the sanity or rationality of any manmade incarnation of God. My only argument is for human spirituality, which has been present in mankind for all of human existence.

If your only argument is for human spirituality then what is the insistence that what people connect to must be God about and why did you claim to have made a rational argument for the existence of God?

And as far as 'spirituality' having always been present, perhaps you left some before mentioned historical facts out of your speculations and conversations with whatever it is that you connect to in your imagination?

Yes, people have always practiced one religion or another, but why?

In the past religious worship was compulsory under penalty of torture and death. Even to this day people of certain faiths maintain such primitive and violent behavior and the religions who don't kill those who resist assimilation practice anathema, social and economic oppression. People got on their knees to worship statues of the king, or a bird, or a mythical being because if they didn't they were summarily executed in one way or another.

makes "spirituality" a little less mysterious, doesn't it?

What could give anyone a better understanding of what you are about other than your previous post?

Your poor attempt to link the existence or non existence of God to Cocks crowing and the posturing of Monkeys was a tad ludicrous which prompted my response.

Carl Jung's theory of Synchronicity, attempts to explain coincidences in personal lives as an extension and/or communication from ones psyche , God, or guardian angel in a rational guise , one could also argue that Historical Coincidence or societal synchronicity are of the same genre.

.... all Human endeavors and actions are all part of a bizarre video game in which Humans are mere characters, the underlying sequences of events remains unchanged, the outcome changes slightly dependent upon the actions and interactions of the players.

Nature contains an infinite number of cycles which follow perfectly natural laws which science is able to explain. That which can't be explained in rational terms, is either disregarded as Coincidence , superstition, pseudo-science and nonsense.

I personally believe that coincidence and sychronicity are the best proofs of a Spiritual Realm or the existence of a God one can produce outside of non thinking "Blind Faith"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" -A. Einstein

Your poor attempt to link the existence or non existence of God to Cocks crowing and the posturing of Monkeys was a tad ludicrous which prompted my response.

no where did I attempt to link the existence/nonexistence of God to any bird or monkey. The comparison was to human beings connecting to something greater than themselves like any flocking bird or teeming vermin or monkey trying to appear bigger than they are out of fear.

You really need to read more carefully or else whatever else lurks within the dark secret recesses of your mind will inevitably come leaking out all over these pages for everyone to see who has eyes that see.

never seen them using fire or the wheel either ....

Have you never seen dogs bark at the moon? Cocks crow at sunrise? Have you never seen chimps posturing out of fear?

1.dogs and or wolves howl at the moon to signal position when hunting. Dogs also howl when left alone for long times and they are attempting to hint to their family members. Dog howls are also very contagious, since one dog's howl may set off a series of howls in ears range.

2. cocks crow at sunrise? - my cock generally crows at night. Roosters however , according to science have an internal biological clock which is stimulated by external stimuli, something like my cock also.

3. have you never seen chimps posturing out of fear? - no i never have - but i've seen them ditching into the woods when five-0 shows up .
you mean that extra small childs penis?

false! Your assuming that some thing greater then yourselves is a god..not just that you further assume there is only one god...
Nice job of intentional misinterpretation.

thanks daws for pointing out the obvious.

i did not "equate" spirituality with a god. If we are spiritually connecting to something, that thing is god. We use words to describe what we are talking about in communication. If you'd rather use another word for the spiritual entity in which mankind connects, be my guest... Yahweh? Allah? Mother nature? We can call it whatever, it still means what it means. I've made no argument supporting the sanity or rationality of any manmade incarnation of god. My only argument is for human spirituality, which has been present in mankind for all of human existence.

I don't have any special ability that you don't have as a human being. I connect with my god daily, and my god is present at all times. I'm sorry if you have not realized this ability and have become skeptical, that's your problem.

false. By using the word god,you've muddied the waters.

again, i used the word we use commonly to define the entity in which humans spiritually connect. I'm sorry if you think another word is more appropriate, i don't agree. You and hobelim have somehow conjured up a stubborn rigid image of what "god" means, and no one can argue with you two. But you two do not get to define parameters of language and how other humans communicate. Sorry.

true! Boss appears to be the kind of person that has to have the last word and truly believes what he is saying.
For whatever reason he has to see himself as the smartest kid in class.

well, i am definitely the smartest kid in this class because you both failed at contradicting any point that i made. You tossed out your opinions which i've destroyed, and then you've launched into personal attacks on my intellect and whatnot. The "debate" ended about a page back, since then you two are tag-team trolling with the same repeated rhetoric. I realize your little circle jerk makes you both feel better, but you're not winning any arguments here. If you can't address my valid points with any kind of suitable intelligent counter-argument, you have failed. Now this is a familiar position for you losers, you are accustomed to failing, i am sure. Still, i don't like to walk away and let the 'last word' be had by idiots who think they've won something. So i'll just keep on pointing out that you've not refuted my arguments and you're both engaging in ad homs because you've failed like the losers you both are.
thanks for proving my point.....
You've destroyed nothing .....
You're rationalizing far too much to have won .....besides, this is not a contest....

NEW AGE BULLSHIT....GEE WHY AM i NOT SURPRISED :lol::lol:

no where did I attempt to link the existence/nonexistence of God to any bird or monkey. The comparison was to human beings connecting to something greater than themselves like any flocking bird or teeming vermin or monkey trying to appear bigger than they are out of fear.

You really need to read more carefully or else whatever else lurks within the dark secret recesses of your mind will inevitably come leaking out all over these pages for everyone to see who has eyes that see.

:eusa_hand:You really need to write clearly if that was your intent. The sub-thread I believe began on animals praying - I responded by saying that they were never seen using fire or the wheel either, and then you vomited that post about Roosters and Monkeys and so forth . :eusa_pray: --:lol:

Daws Obviously you are unfamiliar with her writings - she is NOT "New Age" . you religion-despising bottom-feeder, if ignorance is bliss, you must be one happy liberal. As a God smacked crackhead, you'd need twice as much sense to be a halfwit.

your poor attempt to link the existence or non existence of god to cocks crowing and the posturing of monkeys was a tad ludicrous which prompted my response.

no where did i attempt to link the existence/nonexistence of god to any bird or monkey. The comparison was to human beings connecting to something greater than themselves like any flocking bird or teeming vermin or monkey trying to appear bigger than they are out of fear.

:eusa_hand:you really need to write clearly if that was your intent. The sub-thread i believe began on animals praying - i responded by saying that they were never seen using fire or the wheel either, and then you vomited that post about roosters and monkeys and so forth . :eusa_pray: --:lol:
fire and the wheel are false comparisons most all other animals besides humans are so well adapted to their environment so as not to need them
on the other hand some animals use tools....

Daws Obviously you are unfamiliar with her writings - she is NOT "New Age" . you religion-despising bottom-feeder, if ignorance is bliss, you must be one happy liberal. As a God smacked crackhead, you'd need twice as much sense to be a halfwit.
Here is a summation of problems with and signals from Acharya S' The Christ Conspiracy:

It is published by "Adventures Unlimited," which also puts out material on time travel and Atlantis.

I would recommend to the reader Glenn Miller's work in progress on copycat myths as well as our series on pagan comparisons.

Despite claims to do so, the author doesn't bother with much showing a cause-and-effect or logical relationship between religion and disaster. One may ask, what about the fact that atheistic communism has caused more deaths than all religious crusades of any sort combined? Her answer: "..(F)ew realize or acknowledge that the originators of Communism were Jewish (Marx, Lenin, Hess, Trotsky) and that the most overtly violent leaders were Roman Catholic (Hitler, Mussolini, Franco) or Eastern Orthodox Christian (Stalin), despotic and intolerant ideologies that breed fascistic dictators. In other words, these movements were not 'atheistic,' as religionists maintain." (2)

That none of the named heroes of Communism/Catholicism practiced their Judaism/Catholicism is not mentioned and/or proved (much less is it shown that Judaism provided the support for their ideologies and actions); that Stalin was merely a seminary student, hardly a professing believer in Orthodox religion, is not mentioned.

Acharya S, Christ Conspiracy, critical review

Here is a summation of problems with and signals from Acharya S' The Christ Conspiracy:

It is published by "Adventures Unlimited," which also puts out material on time travel and Atlantis.

I would recommend to the reader Glenn Miller's work in progress on copycat myths as well as our series on pagan comparisons.

Despite claims to do so, the author doesn't bother with much showing a cause-and-effect or logical relationship between religion and disaster. One may ask, what about the fact that atheistic communism has caused more deaths than all religious crusades of any sort combined? Her answer: "..(F)ew realize or acknowledge that the originators of Communism were Jewish (Marx, Lenin, Hess, Trotsky) and that the most overtly violent leaders were Roman Catholic (Hitler, Mussolini, Franco) or Eastern Orthodox Christian (Stalin), despotic and intolerant ideologies that breed fascistic dictators. In other words, these movements were not 'atheistic,' as religionists maintain." (2)

That none of the named heroes of Communism/Catholicism practiced their Judaism/Catholicism is not mentioned and/or proved (much less is it shown that Judaism provided the support for their ideologies and actions); that Stalin was merely a seminary student, hardly a professing believer in Orthodox religion, is not mentioned.

DAWS good to see you've learned how to cherry pick reviews that suit your present view.

D.M. Murdock, also known by her pen name, "Acharya S," is the author of several books on comparative religion and mythology, including "The Christ Conspiracy," "Suns of God," "Who Was Jesus?" and "Christ in Egypt." She is also the author of "The Gospel According to Acharya S," which seeks to answer some long-held questions concerning the nature of God, religion and humankind's place in the world.

Acharya S has done a superb job in bringing together this rich panoply of ancient world mythology and culture, and presenting it in a comprehensive and compelling fashion. She grabs the reader from the first page and doesn't let go. --Earl Doherty

The Christ Conspiracy--very, very scholarly and wholly researched--is a book for today... --Rev. B. Strauss, ex-Catholic priest, Chicago, IL

Acharya S has done a service to forensic anthropology similar to what Euclid did for geometry. She has pulled together all available materials to reveal the inner workings of perhaps the biggest folly of Western man. I enjoyed it immensely. --EBTX

Acharya S pulls no punches, beating her adversary to a bloody pulp... This war of words, it seems, is a battle the author takes most seriously in her righteous quest to undo 2000 years of mental slavery inflicted upon humankind. --Adam Gorightly

Acharya brings in secular [and] church history, archaeology, theology, mythology, linguistics...to provide plenty of backing for her theses. An essential book for anyone who wants to know the reality behind the world's dominant religion. --Russ Kick

Drawing together an amazing amount of research, Acharya S...demolishes the facade of Christianity, showing that it is 100% mythology. -- You Are Being Lied Too, April 1, 2001

DAWS - I reiterate - You are a God Smacked Crackhead - I can't fathom that out of a million sperm, you were the fastest freak out nature that your Dad could shoot out - he must have been a Crack head too ? WOW !

Last edited:

DAWS good to see you've learned how to cherry pick reviews that suit your present view.

D.M. Murdock, also known by her pen name, "Acharya S," is the author of several books on comparative religion and mythology, including "The Christ Conspiracy," "Suns of God," "Who Was Jesus?" and "Christ in Egypt." She is also the author of "The Gospel According to Acharya S," which seeks to answer some long-held questions concerning the nature of God, religion and humankind's place in the world.

Acharya S has done a superb job in bringing together this rich panoply of ancient world mythology and culture, and presenting it in a comprehensive and compelling fashion. She grabs the reader from the first page and doesn't let go. --Earl Doherty

The Christ Conspiracy--very, very scholarly and wholly researched--is a book for today... --Rev. B. Strauss, ex-Catholic priest, Chicago, IL

Acharya S has done a service to forensic anthropology similar to what Euclid did for geometry. She has pulled together all available materials to reveal the inner workings of perhaps the biggest folly of Western man. I enjoyed it immensely. --EBTX

Acharya S pulls no punches, beating her adversary to a bloody pulp... This war of words, it seems, is a battle the author takes most seriously in her righteous quest to undo 2000 years of mental slavery inflicted upon humankind. --Adam Gorightly

Acharya brings in secular [and] church history, archaeology, theology, mythology, linguistics...to provide plenty of backing for her theses. An essential book for anyone who wants to know the reality behind the world's dominant religion. --Russ Kick

Drawing together an amazing amount of research, Acharya S...demolishes the facade of Christianity, showing that it is 100% mythology. -- You Are Being Lied Too, April 1, 2001
it would seem you do too...
so you have no point....

it would seem you do too...
so you have no point....

so you have no point...

More correctly put - I see no point in debating with a buffoon such as you. ... well ..... actually it's kinda entertaining watching you flounder around while I smack you with the Fish Bat LMAO :badgrin:

Forum List

Back