Is There An Age Limit??

Kat

Retired Mod
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2008
Wondering if there is an age limit for a person to be here...........meaning how young.
There are some I believe are too young to be on a forum like this, and that is why I am asking.

I dunno about physical age, but the intellectual age of most of our resident Democrats defines "stunted".

We don't have any "adult" forums and this is a family oriented board. So a young person is safer here than many places on the net. Youth is the future of posting so we need to let them start and with no "adult" sections here where is the better place?

This is pretty much the opposite of a family-oriented board.
Mebbe set an age limit of 18...

... to access the Badlands and Flame Zone.
I totally disagree. Its restricting her free speech because of our age and actions not hers. And this is not the opposite of a family oriented board. The nudity rules more than cover that.

There was a young person I posted with years ago I called "Teenzilla" her real name was Tori. She started posting at 14 and at 16 I made her an admin. The person Kat is talking about is every bit as talented and has held her own against veteran posters here.

You let her speak now and one day her voice will be heard FOR you. The survival of a forum is dependent on fresh thoughts and changing ideas.

If we destroy our youth we destroy our future as a forum.

Fury

I have no idea who kat is referring to. This board is chock-full of racism, rage and hatred. I wouldn't want a child of mine exposed to some of these lunatics. Obviously, your mileage may vary.

I have no idea who kat is referring to. This board is chock-full of racism, rage and hatred. I wouldn't want a child of mine exposed to some of these lunatics. Obviously, your mileage may vary.
Racism, rage and hate are not age related. Those are social issues NOT age issues. I saw rage and hate at her age. I was 10 when the riots of 68 went down and 14 when Munich happened. Hell they killed a president when I was 5.

You really think because of age that person missed the killings in SB or Orlando? Is that persons concern for the future every bit as strong if not stronger than yours? This IS a good board and I am just as guilty of running my mouth as anybody.

But then USMB is a direct reflection of the real world warts and all. The other thing just as important is what you are trying to squash.
She loves God and country and she is interested enough to rise and speak. You simply don't punish that, hell you SHOULD respect it and hold it up high as something to be proud of.

I'm quite proud of that person myself and would be quite ashamed of any person or group looking to quash that interest that ability and that drive to compete on a level of peers older than her. That takes guts.

I'm not trying to 'squash' anything. Hell, I'm not even saying she shouldn't be here. I am saying if my daughter were that young, I would guide her through practicing critical thinking, good sources and resources, etc. And an Internet message board that bears a more than passing resemblance to the Wild, Wild West wouldn't even be on my short list.

Hell, the thought of a young one seeing Steve McGarrett's avatar makes me shudder.

I wouldn't send her off to the comments section of just about any website and say "Good luck, honey! Yeah, they are completely unhinged, but hey that's life these days!"

You've made some good points, though.

Wondering if there is an age limit for a person to be here...........meaning how young.
There are some I believe are too young to be on a forum like this, and that is why I am asking.
search
Meme%252B0234.jpg

There are several black kids here full of racist rage themselves.

It is easier to understand 'black' racism toward 'whites' than the reverse. That, however, is not meant to defend any racism; all such prejudice is demeaning to self and human dignity.

The prerequisite appears to be able to type on a keyboard and have internet access. Forming cognitive thoughts does not appear to be a prerequisite.

Forum List

Back