Is there a such thing as the opposite of OCD?

RandomPoster

Platinum Member
May 22, 2017
You know how people with OCD have germ phobias and are obsessed with order? I am the opposite. I can't stand there being a bad order to things so I intentionally throw shit around with no discernable order so I'm not aware of a bad order. I always feel the need to touch things a certain number of times and even do it walking down the hallway at work, except mostly I don't want to touch things a bad number of times. On a side, I'm really good at masking my rituals.

If I touch something three times, I am afraid that I might unwittingly touch it one time the next time I walk past it, so I touch it so many times I don't know how many times I touched it and one more time won't change that. I avoid making left turns, except unlike OCD sufferers I can put my rituals off until I am alone. When I am alone, I spin to the right so many times I don't know how many times I did it. This allows me to live a normal life without the problems OCD sufferers have to deal with. Deep down, of course I know that it's bullshit to believe that I'm actually influencing the world around me by the number of times I touch things, always making right turns, and avoiding a bad order to things. However, it relieves anxiety and makes me feel better to believe that I can keep bad things from happening. Follow the rituals, work hard, and everything will be OK.

Is there a name for anything like this?

Forum List

Back