Zone1 Is the Pope worthy of the title "Holy Father" just like God?

So, you take this long to try and explain away three words. “Ye are gods.” Well, you failed. Jesus responded to the accusation saying that he was God. Then Jesus responded “Did I not tell you, that “ye are gods” and children of the most High.” So, Jesus is claiming here to be Jehovah as he is quoting what he told Moses that we are also gods in embryo or child gods. See, we have the ability to choose good or evil and became as one of “US” (Gods). That is in Genesis if you didn’t recognize it. It doesn’t say we will usurp Father in Heaven like you seem to irrationally think.

Very simple. The old “KISS” method of understanding would help you greatly because nothing you posted made any logical sense.
Again...........Jesus is directly quoting from the Ps. 82. Read Ps 82 in context (in any translation you wish). Ps. 82, subject matter is addressing the fact that those appointed as Judges to enforce God's Law are abusing their authority, they are rewarding the wicked while making the common people suffering with their Judgements. The Ps. simply reminds them that even through they are the supposed voice of God, they are Men and will die like any other prince (person of high social status). Its not rocket science.

Jesus states that Spirits have no flesh and bone -- Luke 24:39 God is a Spirit -- John 4:24 The passage you quoting in John 10:34 in the pretension that Jesus is claiming that Jesus is declaring men are gods (with a small "g") Contradicts (Ps. 82 the entire content of John 10, not to mention that spirits have no flesh and bones Luke 24:39)

The Holy Scriptures declare there is but One God and there are no others before or after (Isaiah 43:10). Mormons are therefore lying when they declare, "The Father (God) has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man's" -- Quote from (D&C 130:22) What? Are the scriptures lying when they declare, "God is Spirit and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth" -- John 4:24

God is in the spiritual realm known as Heaven as documented by Jesus, "Our Father who is in Heaven.........." What? we should pray a Father that is not in heaven? The Apostle reminds us that Flesh and Bones cannot enter the Kingdom of Heaven (1 Cor. 15:50). But are the Mormons and their fake bible declaring that God (who is in heave) has flesh and bones like any other man -- D&C 130:22

Whose is lying? The Holy Scriptures from the 1st century or the fake book of Mormon from the 19th century.......almost 20 centuries removed from the foundation of the FAITH that was once delivered to the Saints of 1st century (Jude 1:3)

Again...........Jesus is directly quoting from the Ps. 82. Read Ps 82 in context (in any translation you wish). Ps. 82, subject matter is addressing the fact that those appointed as Judges to enforce God's Law are abusing their authority, they are rewarding the wicked while making the common people suffering with their Judgements. The Ps. simply reminds them that even through they are the supposed voice of God, they are Men and will die like any other prince (person of high social status). Its not rocket science.

Jesus states that Spirits have no flesh and bone -- Luke 24:39 God is a Spirit -- John 4:24 The passage you quoting in John 10:34 in the pretension that Jesus is claiming that Jesus is declaring men are gods (with a small "g") Contradicts (Ps. 82 the entire content of John 10, not to mention that spirits have no flesh and bones Luke 24:39)

The Holy Scriptures declare there is but One God and there are no others before or after (Isaiah 43:10). Mormons are therefore lying when they declare, "The Father (God) has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man's" -- Quote from (D&C 130:22) What? Are the scriptures lying when they declare, "God is Spirit and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth" -- John 4:24

God is in the spiritual realm known as Heaven as documented by Jesus, "Our Father who is in Heaven.........." What? we should pray a Father that is not in heaven? The Apostle reminds us that Flesh and Bones cannot enter the Kingdom of Heaven (1 Cor. 15:50). But are the Mormons and their fake bible declaring that God (who is in heave) has flesh and bones like any other man -- D&C 130:22

Whose is lying? The Holy Scriptures from the 1st century or the fake book of Mormon from the 19th century.......almost 20 centuries removed from the foundation of the FAITH that was once delivered to the Saints of 1st century (Jude 1:3)
Nice try. The fact, the fact that Jesus was responding to himself saying he was Jehovah or their God says you are wrong in your interpretation of Psalms 82:6. Unless you want to say Jesus is a liar? Think about it.

There are mistranslations which have let to erroneous doctrines such as forever punishment.

The main message of the Bible is to love God and to love one another which, admittedly, is difficult to do.
The main message in the Holy Scriptures is unambiguously stated, "God is a Spirit and those who worship Him must worship Him IN SPIRIT AND TRUTH." -- John 4:24. In fact: Jesus stated that the very reason He was born was to deliver TRUTH, its truth that sets you free, those who hear Him are of the truth (John 18:37, Matthew 7:24) Everyone will be judged by the Words of Jesus Christ (John 12:48)

Love? Clearly addressed: "If you keep My commandments, you shall abide in My Love; even as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in Love" -- John 15:10

Faith without Works is dead (James 2:17) ..............a true Christian attempts to keep the words delivered by the Holy Spirit (that inspired all scriptures -- 2 Tim. 3:16-17)

"Yea a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works; show me thy faith without thy works, and I will show thee my faith by my works." -- James 2:18

Clyde, neither fables from the first century nor stories from the 19th Century are end all be all proof of anything.
You either believe the scriptures or you don't. Clearly you follow the doctrine and are a disciple of the god of this world (2 Cor. 4:4)

I find your logic very amusing: You claim that Jesus was Woke.......representing that you are a person of Christian faith because you are WOKE. But you refuse the foundation stone upon which Christianity was constructed and call Christianity fables. Where do you assume Faith comes from..........you are product of a miracle at birth and was born with an innate Christian Faith? You were born into Christianity and no one had to teach you that you were a Woke Christian? :popcorn: There would be no Christian Faith without those FABLES you speak of. "Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God." -- Rom. 10:17

Question? Without those fables that you self profess not to believe in..............HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT JESUS thought and did not think? Are you special and Jesus talks to you even though you question the Holy Scriptures that He inspired? ITS MAGIC. :abgg2q.jpg:

Jesus declared over 2000 years ago there would be people such as you........there is nothing new under the sun. "If the world hates you, know that it hated Me before it hated you.
If you were of the world you are not of this world; but I chose you out of this world; therefore the world hates you." -- John 15:20

Last edited:
Can I please borrow someone's Captain Crunch secret decoder ring to translate John's post?

I've noticed that you never contribute anything to these discussions.
That's because you are barely sentient.

Faith, for each of us, is a personal matter, and, for me, I am pretty sure the divine is not impressed by all the manmade squabbling.

Love the good, treat your neighbor the way you want to be treated.

The main message in the Holy Scriptures is unambiguously stated, "God is a Spirit and those who worship Him must worship Him IN SPIRIT AND TRUTH." -- John 4:24. In fact: Jesus stated that the very reason He was born was to deliver TRUTH, its truth that sets you free, those who hear Him are of the truth (John 18:37, Matthew 7:24) Everyone will be judged by the Words of Jesus Christ (John 12:48)

Love? Clearly addressed: "If you keep My commandments, you shall abide in My Love; even as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in Love" -- John 15:10

Faith without Works is dead (James 2:17) ..............a true Christian attempts to keep the words delivered by the Holy Spirit (that inspired all scriptures -- 2 Tim. 3:16-17)

"Yea a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works; show me thy faith without thy works, and I will show thee my faith by my works." -- James 2:18
So, really, God is spiritual, not a spirit. Well, let me clear that up, one of the members of the Godhead is a spirit, the Holy Ghost. Father and Son are now both physical resurrected glorified humans. Jesus made this point when he sat and ate with the disciples on the road to Emmas after his resurrection. The men were spooked when they realized who they were eating and speaking with. Jesus answered them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts? Behold my hands and feet, that it is I myself: Handle me, and see, for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have. " Luke 24:36-43.

Here's where Catholics and Protestants jump through hoops to try and fit their narratives that God (Father and Son) could not possibly be glorified human beings. Even when Christ says it in these verses. Just like when you claim the words of Christ that "Ye are gods" is something other than the actual words. Just because Jehovah came off his throne and became a mortal human doesn't mean he gave up being a member of the Godhead. Couple this with Paul's writings in 1Cor. chapter 15 that in the resurrection,, including our upcoming resurrection, our bodies will become incorruptible. Thus, glorified. And, I haven't jumped through hoops trying to deflect the actual scriptures.

The reason why Jesus told Joseph Smith not to join any of the churches of his time (Protestant and Catholic) is because the Bible was not the fulness of His Gospel. There were changes made that contradict other scriptures. The scripture you use to claim God is a spirit contradicts the scriptures I quoted above. The Holy Ghost taught Joseph that God is spiritual. However, as I have stated, one member of the Godhead is not a resurrected being, but a spirit, The Holy Ghost.

Nice try. The fact, the fact that Jesus was responding to himself saying he was Jehovah or their God says you are wrong in your interpretation of Psalms 82:6. Unless you want to say Jesus is a liar? Think about it.
Yeah......its just a Quinky Dink that Ps 82:6 also states the same. :deal: There is no interpretation, the scriptures self interpret. (Ps. 82) First you must define the Hebrew word "Selah": Selah is defined in the original Hebrew as "make louder/stronger). Meaning the Psalmist is declaring........stop, pay attention.

"God has taken His place in the divine council; IN THE MIST OF THE "gods" little g", He holds judgment. (meaning He judges the judges). How long will you (the council of men...judges) judge unjustly (God does not make unjust judgments -- Ps. 9:8) and show partially to the wicked? SELAH! (God has no respect or partially of people -- Romans 2:11-16). Give justice to the weak and the fatherless; maintain the right of the afflicted and the destitute; Rescue the weak and the needy: Rescue them from the wicked."

"They have no knowledge or understanding, they walk about in darkness; all the foundation of the earth is shaken. I said, Ye are "gods...little g" sons of the Most High, all of you. (the council of judges). NEVERTHELESS; LIKE MEN YOU WILL DIE (GODS DO NOT DIE) and fall like any prince (ruler, elite among men, heirs to the crown). "Arise oh God; JUDGE THE EARTH for YOU SHALL INHERIT ALL THE NATIONS." In Context, in Content.......God is declaring that HE and He alone Judges (justly with righteousness) and He is judging those who are guilty of abusing their authority in showing PARTIALLY TO THE WICKED. The God of Creation would never show partially to the wicked, He judges the wicked. Read the text from the same author, "God judgeth the righteous, and GOD IS ANGRY WITH THE WICKED EVERY DAY." -- Ps. 7:11

You have been indoctrinated with FABLES and LIES. "For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine (the actual word of God...where truth rests -- John 17:17....which is to be used as Doctrine, Correction, Teaching to make the man of God perfectly equipped for all good works. -- 2 Tim. 3:16-17)
BUT ACCORDING TO THEIR OWN DESIRES, BECAUSE THEY HAVE ITCHING EARS, THEY WILL HEAP UPON THEMSELVES TEACHERS; AND THEY TURN THEIR EARS AWAY FROM TRUTH, AND BE TURNED ASIDE TO FABLES." -- 2 Tim. 4:3-4

Talk about a "Narcissistic" doctrine. Declaring yourselves as future gods. The scriptures clearly declare that once the Bride of Christ (the saved of humanity) is carried up into the realm of Heaven to reside within the Holy Spiritual City of New Jerusalem.........their very purpose is to Worship and Serve the God of Creation. -- Revelation 4:10

:popcorn:

Last edited:
Yeah......its just a Quinky Dink that Ps 82:6 also states the same. :deal: There is no interpretation, the scriptures self interpret. (Ps. 82) First you must define the Hebrew word "Selah": Selah is defined in the original Hebrew as "make louder/stronger). Meaning the Psalmist is declaring........stop, pay attention.

"God has taken His place in the divine council; IN THE MIST OF THE "gods" little g", He holds judgment. (meaning He judges the judges). How long will you (the council of men...judges) judge unjustly (God does not make unjust judgments -- Ps. 9:8) and show partially to the wicked? SELAH! (God has no respect or partially of people -- Romans 2:11-16). Give justice to the weak and the fatherless; maintain the right of the afflicted and the destitute; Rescue the weak and the needy: Rescue them from the wicked."

"They have no knowledge or understanding, they walk about in darkness; all the foundation of the earth is shaken. I said, Ye are "gods...little g" sons of the Most High, all of you. (the council of judges). NEVERTHELESS; LIKE MEN YOU WILL DIE (GODS DO NOT DIE) and fall like any prince (ruler, elite among men, heirs to the crown). "Arise oh God; JUDGE THE EARTH for YOU SHALL INHERIT ALL THE NATIONS."

You have been indoctrinated with FABLES and LIES. "For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine (the actual word of God...where truth rests -- John 17:17....which is to be used as Doctrine, Correction, Teaching to make the man of God perfectly equipped for all good works. -- 2 Tim. 3:16-17)
BUT ACCORDING TO THEIR OWN DESIRES, BECAUSE THEY HAVE ITCHING EARS, THEY WILL HEAP UPON THEMSELVES TEACHERS; AND THEY TURN THEIR EARS AWAY FROM TRUTH, AND BE TURNED ASIDE TO FABLES." -- 2 Tim. 4:3-4

Talk about a "Narcissistic" doctrine. Declaring yourselves as gods.
:popcorn:
I started laughing when you wrote, " IN THE MIST OF THE "gods." There again shows there are multiple gods. And, we are just gods in embryo trying to learn how to be like our Savior God and our Father God. So, you just proved me correct. Thank you. Also, nothing about Jesus on the road to Emmus. That was not a fable. That is in the scriptures. The Bible and yet you ignore it. The Catholic Church is associated with black magic and has been since the early 600's. No wonder you don't want to believe the actual scriptures. What is wrong with you?

I started laughing when you wrote, " IN THE MIST OF THE "gods." There again shows there are multiple gods. And, we are just gods in embryo trying to learn how to be like our Savior God and our Father God. So, you just proved me correct. Thank you. Also, nothing about Jesus on the road to Emmus. That was not a fable. That is in the scriptures. The Bible and yet you ignore it. The Catholic Church is associated with black magic and has been since the early 600's. No wonder you don't want to believe the actual scriptures. What is wrong with you?
gods? Show us where God declares that those who worship PAGAN gods with a little g are just. Simply because the Psalmist used the word "gods" is not an indication that God authorizes other gods. In fact we find the opposite. "If a prophet (such as the self declared prophets within the latter day saints) or dreamer of dreams arises among you and gives you a sign or wonder (miracle) that he tells you will come to pass, AND HE SAYS "LET US GO AFTER OTHER gods (small g) which you have not known and let us serve them. You shall YOU SHALL NOT LISTEN TO THAT PROPHET OR DREAMER OF DREAMS........" -- Deut. 13:1-3

Now tell us one more time how you believe in OTHER GODS......what am I to do, listen to you and follow you as potential other "gods" with a small g? OR.......you shall not listen to that prophet or dreamer of dreams because of their "paganist" doctrine?

I choose door number 2. "As for me and my household, we shall serve the Lord our God.........." -- Joshua 24:15 You can serve your Narcissistic gods within your false religion. I shall allow the scriptures alone to dictate righteous doctrine by "Studying to show thyself approved of God........rightly dividing the word of Truth." -- 2 Tim. 2:1 CHECK MATE!
:abgg2q.jpg:

Last edited:
gods? Show us where God declares that those who worship PAGAN gods with a little g are just. Simply because the Psalmist used the word "gods" is not an indication that God authorizes other gods. In fact we find the opposite. "If a prophet (such as the self declared prophets within the latter day saints) or dreamer of dreams arises among you and gives you a sign or wonder (miracle) that he tells you will come to pass, AND HE SAYS "LET US GO AFTER OTHER gods (small g) which you have not known and let us serve them. You shall YOU SHALL NOT LISTEN TO THAT PROPHET OR DREAMER OF DREAMS........" -- Deut. 13:1-3

Now tell us one more time how you believe in OTHER GODS......what am I to do, listen to you and follow you as potential other "gods" with a small g? OR.......you shall not listen to that prophet or dreamer of dreams because of their "paganist" doctrine?

I choose door number 2. "As for me and my household, we shall serve the Lord our God.........." -- Joshua 24:15 You can serve your Narcissistic gods within your false religion. I shall allow the scriptures alone to dictate righteous doctrine by "Studying to show your self approved of God........rightly dividing the word of Truth." -- 2 Tim. 2:1
:abgg2q.jpg:
It so funny to watch your head explode when shown in the Bible there are god’s (plural). Not pagan gods either. And to destroy the false doctrine of Catholics and Protestants like God doesn’t have a body. Yet, Jesus still has a resurrected body. And, that Jesus said you are a god in embryo. Funny!

Jesus called God "Holy Father". Do you believe that the Pope is deserving of that exalted title which puts him on the same level as God? Can we surmise that the Catholic Church's army of esteemed theologians concluded it was appropriate to put the Pope on the same level as God?

John 17:11​

English Standard Version​

11 And I am no longer in the world, but they are in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, keep them in your name, which you have given me, that they may be one, even as we are one.
A grasping person stirs up trouble, but trust in God brings a sense of well-being. Proverbs 28:25

I think you meant to say former Catholics.
No, the apostasy started after Paul and John died. There was no more communication with God which is a factually and technically an apostasy. The world fell into the Dark Ages of no word from God.

No, the apostasy started after Paul and John died. There was no more communication with God which is a factually and technically an apostasy. The world fell into the Dark Ages of no word from God.
I was talking about the so called Catholics that you know. They are former Catholics, right?

Forum List

Back