Is the Pope Catholic?

yeah, and the church showed them who was boss by giving all those high ranking nazis pasports and money so they could get to south america after the war. :lol:

a tough taskmaster is the church.

The Catholic Church formed a major counterforce against the Nazi's. But you are clearly too ignorant to know much about history.

individual catholics and priests worked against the nazis.

the hierarchy of the church? not so much.

surprisingly, your opinion of my education and/or intellectual capacity really doesn't have much relevance to the topic at hand.

try again later

The hierarchy of the Church very much. That is why the Nazi's hated them so much.

Vatican II says you're wrong. Latin went out of fashion. The altar was turned around. The church may be built on stone, but Canon Law isn't set in stone and can be changed.

Of course Canon Law can change. But it doesn't move with the fashions of the times. The discussion regarding the vernacular was centuries old. And yes, Latin Masses are again authorized by the way.

So, we'll have to discuss it for centuries then. So what? You're trying to say it shouldn't be allowed at all. Since you admit it's Canon Law rather than doctrine, what's the problem? If you don't like a having a female or married priest, attend a different Mass.

The non-ordination of women is not a simple matter of changing Canon Law (contrary to for example admitting married clergy).

Are you as concerned about others?

Other what? This is ridiculous. If you've got a question, ask it.

Only priests are pedophiles?

It is bad enough for a child to be physically raped and emotionally abused but to be spiritual abused as well is too much.

I don't know why you aren't concerned about this problem.

10,000 cases in the US, and those are just the ones that are reported to the Catholic bishops in America.

Think of all the people who never come forward.

Other what? This is ridiculous. If you've got a question, ask it.

It is bad enough for a child to be physically raped and emotionally abused but to be spiritual abused as well is too much.

10,000 cases in the US, and those are just the ones that are reported to the Catholic bishops in America.

I am concerned about it. Are you concerned about pedophile trainers, teachers, artists, homosexuals, etc.?

I am concerned about it. Are you concerned about pedophile trainers, teachers, artists, homosexuals, etc.?

Why do you keep shifting the topic off pedophile priests? Do you accept the truth of the Catholic Bishops own records of 10,000 cases in America alone?

Why do you keep shifting the topic off pedophile priests? Do you accept the truth of the Catholic Bishops own records of 10,000 cases in America alone?

I recognize that there is a problem with pedophile priests. You seem so obsessed with this that you fail to see the wider problem of pedophilia in other groups. To you only pedophile priests are a problem. Pedophiles who are not priests don't seem to concern you. Pretty sad and disturbing.

The Catholic Church formed a major counterforce against the Nazi's. But you are clearly too ignorant to know much about history.

individual catholics and priests worked against the nazis.

the hierarchy of the church? not so much.

surprisingly, your opinion of my education and/or intellectual capacity really doesn't have much relevance to the topic at hand.

try again later

The hierarchy of the Church very much. That is why the Nazi's hated them so much.

:rofl:

yeah, they hated them so much, they set up a pipeline from the vatican to help them escape.

I recognize that there is a problem with pedophile priests. You seem so obsessed with this that you fail to see the wider problem of pedophilia in other groups. To you only pedophile priests are a problem. Pedophiles who are not priests don't seem to concern you. Pretty sad and disturbing.

perhaps you've noticed that this thread is about the catholic church.

duh

We are discussing the RCC and it's inability to take the priest pedophilia seriously. To say that it is an equivalent moral crime to ordain women priests and sexually abuse children is seriously screwed up.

The hierarchy of the RCC protects itself and is not kind to Catholic women and children.

This particular Pope, the former Cardinal Ratzinger has a particular responsibility toward clearing up the pedophile issue and has failed miserably at it.

Last edited:

duh

Very cowardly.

duh

Very cowardly.

Yes, it is cowardly of you to not be willing to look at the RCC pedophilia issue.

duh

Very cowardly.

but nowhere near as stupid as you apparently are.

do you think that concern about pedophile priests gives a free pass to pedophilia in general?

do you try to open coke bottles from the bottom?

duh

Very cowardly.

do you think that concern about pedophile priests gives a free pass to pedophilia in general?

Pedophile priests are a problem and a concern (and a scandal). To some they are however clearly an obsession, to the exclusion of concern for pedophile non-priests. Must be that there is another agenda at work here.

Very cowardly.

Pedophile priests are a problem and a concern (and a scandal). To some they are however clearly an obsession, to the exclusion of concern for pedophile non-priests. Must be that there is another agenda at work here.

yeah, that must be it. :lol:

I'm glad you admit it. Personally I find it rather disgusting and perverted to seek to expoit the victims of pedophile priests in this way. But I guess for some the end justifies the means.

I'm glad you admit it. Personally I find it rather disgusting and perverted to seek to expoit the victims of pedophile priests in this way. But I guess for some the end justifies the means.

i admitted nothing.

www.rif.org

use it!

Last edited:

We are discussing the RCC and it's inability to take the priest pedophilia seriously. To say that it is an equivalent moral crime to ordain women priests and sexually abuse children is seriously screwed up.

The hierarchy of the RCC protects itself and is not kind to Catholic women and children.

This particular Pope, the former Cardinal Ratzinger has a particular responsibility toward clearing up the pedophile issue and has failed miserably at it.

Funny, the Catholic Church has a better record of dealing with Pedophiles, than the New York City Board of Education. You are really bottom feeding Sky. Where isn't the Church complying with the Law, Today, Sky?

Funny, the Catholic Church has a better record of dealing with Pedophiles, than the New York City Board of Education. You are really bottom feeding Sky. Where isn't the Church complying with the Law, Today, Sky?

10,000 cases in the US alone.

Forum List

Back