Is the Pope Catholic?

I recognize that there is a problem with pedophile priests. You seem so obsessed with this that you fail to see the wider problem of pedophilia in other groups. To you only pedophile priests are a problem. Pedophiles who are not priests don't seem to concern you. Pretty sad and disturbing.

We are discussing the RCC and it's inability to take the priest pedophilia seriously. To say that it is an equivalent moral crime to ordain women priests and sexually abuse children is seriously screwed up.

The hierarchy of the RCC protects itself and is not kind to Catholic women and children.

This particular Pope, the former Cardinal Ratzinger has a particular responsibility toward clearing up the pedophile issue and has failed miserably at it.

Funny, the Catholic Church has a better record of dealing with Pedophiles, than the New York City Board of Education. You are really bottom feeding Sky. Where isn't the Church complying with the Law, Today, Sky?

Watch the documentary about Father O'Brady and get back to me.

perhaps you've noticed that this thread is about the catholic church.

duh

Very cowardly.

Yes, it is cowardly of you to not be willing to look at the RCC pedophilia issue.

You are completely obsessed with only pedophile priests. All the other pedophiles in the world apparently don't interest you. This shows your agenda is not concern for the victims of pedophile priests. You just use them, which is actually pretty perverted and disgusting.

Very cowardly.

Yes, it is cowardly of you to not be willing to look at the RCC pedophilia issue.

You are completely obsessed with only pedophile priests. All the other pedophiles in the world apparently don't interest you. This shows your agenda is not concern for the victims of pedophile priests. You just use them, which is actually pretty perverted and disgusting.

What indicates that there's no concern about other pedophiles? I think you're making up a phony charge to avoid dealing with the issue. Pedophilia in the priesthood has an easy solution, ordain women and married men.

What indicates that there's no concern about other pedophiles? I think you're making up a phony charge to avoid dealing with the issue. Pedophilia in the priesthood has an easy solution, ordain women and married men.

What indicates it: the consistent refusal to even mention that there are other pedophiles.

The idea that ordaining women and married women would suddenly eradicate pedophiles is ludicrous. A lot of pedophiles are married.

What indicates it: the consistent refusal to even mention that there are other pedophiles.

The idea that ordaining women and married women would suddenly eradicate pedophiles is ludicrous. A lot of pedophiles are married.

We're talking about the church. The fact that there are other pedophiles is true, but irrelevant to the subject. The fact that there are female and married pedophiles is also true, but considering the large increase in vocations the change would bring, the temptation to simply move a bad priest instead of defrocking him and turning him in to the authorities would be greatly lessened.

We're talking about the church. The fact that there are other pedophiles is true, but irrelevant to the subject. The fact that there are female and married pedophiles is also true, but considering the large increase in vocations the change would bring, the temptation to simply move a bad priest instead of defrocking him and turning him in to the authorities would be greatly lessened.

The only reason pedophile priests are being brought up here is to serve a specific anti-Catholic agenda. i find that pretty sickening.

The idea that destroying the Church by ordaining women would bring an increase in vocations is ridiculous.

I do favour the abolition of the celibacy requirement for secular clergy, but that wouldn't change anything about the problem of pedophile priests. There have always been pedophile priests and there always will be, just as there will always be much more pedophiles in the rest of society.

The only reason pedophile priests are being brought up here is to serve a specific anti-Catholic agenda. i find that pretty sickening.

The idea that destroying the Church by ordaining women would bring an increase in vocations is ridiculous.

I do favour the abolition of the celibacy requirement for secular clergy, but that wouldn't change anything about the problem of pedophile priests. There have always been pedophile priests and there always will be, just as there will always be much more pedophiles in the rest of society.

How would female priests destroy the church? Sounds like you don't have much faith in faith. It's the message, not the person giving it, that's important.

As for there being more pedophiles in society, in absolute terms that's a given. But if you're talking percentages, I'm going to need to see some statistics. The increase in vocations brought by the changes I suggest WOULD help alleviate the problem because, as I said and you ignored, pedophile priests could easily be rid of instead of just moved because of a shortage.

How would female priests destroy the church? Sounds like you don't have much faith in faith. It's the message, not the person giving it, that's important.

As for there being more pedophiles in society, in absolute terms that's a given. But if you're talking percentages, I'm going to need to see some statistics. The increase in vocations brought by the changes I suggest WOULD help alleviate the problem because, as I said and you ignored, pedophile priests could easily be rid of instead of just moved because of a shortage.

The ordination of women priests would lead to the break up of the Roman Catholic Church. See what has happened to the Anglican Communion: they are going down the drain (NOT something I rejoice in).

You start from the premise that if there wasn't a shortage of priests the Church would just dump pedophile priests. Fortunately the Church is a bit more Christian than that.

Of course in other walks of life pedophiles are sometimes applauded, like Roman Polanski by the Hollywood crowd.

The ordination of women priests would lead to the break up of the Roman Catholic Church. See what has happened to the Anglican Communion: they are going down the drain (NOT something I rejoice in).

You start from the premise that if there wasn't a shortage of priests the Church would just dump pedophile priests. Fortunately the Church is a bit more Christian than that.

Of course in other walks of life pedophiles are sometimes applauded, like Roman Polanski by the Hollywood crowd.

The RCC would survive female priests, IMO. It's survived much more over the centuries. It would be a signal that the church is firmly in the modern world, completing the reforms of Vatican II.

The Church wouldn't dump pedophile priests? What's Christian about that? Who would leave them in place? Have you no concern for the children?

It's irrelevant to bring up pedophiles in other professions. All it does is show the inadequacy of your arguments.

I recognize that there is a problem with pedophile priests. You seem so obsessed with this that you fail to see the wider problem of pedophilia in other groups. To you only pedophile priests are a problem. Pedophiles who are not priests don't seem to concern you. Pretty sad and disturbing.

We are discussing the RCC and it's inability to take the priest pedophilia seriously. To say that it is an equivalent moral crime to ordain women priests and sexually abuse children is seriously screwed up.

The hierarchy of the RCC protects itself and is not kind to Catholic women and children.

This particular Pope, the former Cardinal Ratzinger has a particular responsibility toward clearing up the pedophile issue and has failed miserably at it.

Funny, the Catholic Church has a better record of dealing with Pedophiles, than the New York City Board of Education
. You are really bottom feeding Sky. Where isn't the Church complying with the Law, Today, Sky?
One would hope so. That it even needs to be said though is a bad reflection on the church.

The RCC would survive female priests, IMO. It's survived much more over the centuries. It would be a signal that the church is firmly in the modern world, completing the reforms of Vatican II.

The Church wouldn't dump pedophile priests? What's Christian about that? Who would leave them in place? Have you no concern for the children?

It's irrelevant to bring up pedophiles in other professions. All it does is show the inadequacy of your arguments.

It is not the Church's task to be modern. This would simply show that the Church is at the mercy of fashion. And it would splinter the truly global Church.

The church does not dump those of it's priests who have sinned and committed crimes, but tries to find a way for them to be healed. In any event, their punishment in law is a matter for the civil authorities, not for the Church.

I see that you too find pedophilia just OK as long as it's not by priests. apparently it's only relevant when it involves priest. How sad and sickening to have such contempt for the victims of pedophiles.

The only reason pedophile priests are brought up here is because the Pope compares the seriousness of the moral crime of being a pedophile priest to ordaining women.

How anyone can say the church is more endangered by women priests than pedophiles is anyone's guess.

The only reason pedophile priests are brought up here is because the Pope compares the seriousness of the moral crime of being a pedophile priest to ordaining women.

How anyone can say the church is more endangered by women priests than pedophiles is anyone's guess.

You can simply keep repeating the same lie. It doesn't make it true. Your attempts to instrumentalize the victims of pedophiles are actually pretty disgusting.

You can simply keep repeating the same lie. It doesn't make it true. Your attempts to instrumentalize the victims of pedophiles are actually pretty disgusting.

What lie? The Pope considers ordaining women to be as grave an offense to the Church as priest pedophilia.

No women priests have been accused of pedophilia.

What lie? The Pope considers ordaining women to be as grave an offense to the Church as priest pedophilia.

No women priests have been accused of pedophilia.

Well, pedophilia ande shoplifting are both criminal offenses under US law so I guess you're very upset at Obama for equating pedophilia and shoplifting? You are so obsessed by your anti-Catholic mania that you have lost all logic.

What do you actually think of the Hollywood crowd applauding the pedophile rapist Polanski?

What a hypocrite! You keep repeating the lie that there's no concern about pedophilia in other arenas. :eusa_liar:

No "Comparison" exists.

The only reason you bring up the subject of pedophile priests is whatever agenda you may have to use the imaginary comparison as a critical arguement.

Apparently, the simple issue of female priests not being allowed in the Catholic Church is not sufficient to sustain a credible arguement, or you simply like the red herring that turns every discussion about the Catholic Church into a discussion about pedophillia.

One begins to wonder about the root cause of either agenda: My guess is that you want to be a Catholic Priest, but your gender prevents it.

Suggestion: Become Episcopalian.

women-priests-11.png

No "Comparison" exists.

The only reason you bring up the subject of pedophile priests is whatever agenda you may have to use the imaginary comparison as a critical arguement.

Apparently, the simple issue of female priests not being allowed in the Catholic Church is not sufficient to sustain a credible arguement, or you simply like the red herring that turns every discussion about the Catholic Church into a discussion about pedophilia.

How is pedophilia not a component of the discussion? The reason the church has the problem it has, is the reluctance to defrock priests because of the shortage of vocations. Ordain women and married men and the problem is greatly reduced. Why would female priests even be a problem? It's only a matter of canon law and tradition, NOT faith. Where's the harm?

No "Comparison" exists.

Apparently, the simple issue of female priests not being allowed in the Catholic Church is not sufficient to sustain a credible arguement, or you simply like the red herring that turns every discussion about the Catholic Church into a discussion about pedophillia.

One begins to wonder about the root cause of either agenda: My guess is that you want to be a Catholic Priest, but your gender prevents it.

women-priests-11.png

Comparing the damage to the Church of women priests versus pedophile priests as on a par is absurd.

The damage pedophile priests do to Catholic families is far worse. IMO, the RCC would be strenghtened, not damaged by having women priests. I also think married priests would help.

No "Comparison" exists.

women-priests-11.png

Comparing the damage to the Church of women priests versus pedophile priests as on a par is absurd.

The damage pedophile priests do to Catholic families is far worse. IMO, the RCC would be strenghtened, not damaged by having women priests. I also think married priests would help.

I assure you:

You would look good in the hat.

Forum List

Back