Is the Pope Catholic?

You realize most of these things are simply lies, right.

And the idea that there is a "growing consensus" on women priests? Do you get out much? The vast and overwhelming majority of Christians belong to Churches who do NOT accept women priests. This is a very marginal trend, currently destroying the Anglican Communion.

Actually lay Catholics favor women being ordained as priests. It's the Catholic autocracy that doesn't.

In 1974, 29% of Catholics favored women’s ordination. By 1985, eleven years later, 47% did. In 1992 and in polls since, about two-thirds of Catholics -- and in at last one poll, 80% of those under 35 -- agreed that women should be ordained.

Women's Ordination Conference - Impact of Catholic Feminist Dissent

Considering the problems with pedophilia, it's a no-brainer to open up the priesthood to women and married men. Even without that problem, the church has had a problem with declining vocations for decades.

I agree that the priesthood should be opened up to include women and married priests.

Actually lay Catholics favor women being ordained as priests. It's the Catholic autocracy that doesn't.

In 1974, 29% of Catholics favored women’s ordination. By 1985, eleven years later, 47% did. In 1992 and in polls since, about two-thirds of Catholics -- and in at last one poll, 80% of those under 35 -- agreed that women should be ordained.

Considering the problems with pedophilia, it's a no-brainer to open up the priesthood to women and married men. Even without that problem, the church has had a problem with declining vocations for decades.

People with small brains only see the immediate and their immediate surroundings.

Sorry to hear that, explains a lot. That's why I go for the long view. Don't worry. Meditate on the problem and it should clear up your myopia problem. I'll pray for you. :eusa_pray:

I agree that the priesthood should be opened up to include women and married priests.

The ordination of women is out of the question. Personally I would favour the ordination of married men as secular priests (but not as Bishops or monks).

People with small brains only see the immediate and their immediate surroundings.

Sorry to hear that, explains a lot. That's why I go for the long view. Don't worry. Meditate on the problem and it should clear up your myopia problem. I'll pray for you. :eusa_pray:

Pretty pathetic. Fortunately the Church does not bend to fashion trends. That's why it will be still around long after both of us are gone.

That shows that the Catholic Church is all about hierarchy. It is hierarchy that protected priest pedophiles for hundreds of years.

Catholics are good people, their hierarchy doesn't serve them their best. JMO.

Their priority over the pedophile priest scandal has been all about protecting priests and their hierarchy, and NOT about helping families whose children were molested by priests.

Last edited:
That shows that the Catholic Church is all about hierarchy. It is hierarchy that protected priest pedophiles for hundreds of years.

Their priority over the pedophile priest scandal was all about protecting priests and their hierarchy, and NOT about helping families whose children were molested by priests.

People like you are obsessed with pedophile priests. It's one of the things you have in common with the Nazi's.

Their priority over the pedophile priest scandal was all about protecting priests and their hierarchy, and NOT about helping families whose children were molested by priests.

People like you are obsessed with pedophile priests. It's one of the things you have in common with the Nazi's.

Were the Nazi's concerned about priest pedophiles in the RCC? I wasn't aware of that.

I'm certainly invested in seeing the RCC come clean about a practice they've had for centuries that has been harmful to RCC children and families.

I don't know why you aren't concerned about this. It's pretty devastating.

Last edited:

Pretty pathetic. Fortunately the Church does not bend to fashion trends. That's why it will be still around long after both of us are gone.

Vatican II says you're wrong. Latin went out of fashion. The altar was turned around. The church may be built on stone, but Canon Law isn't set in stone and can be changed.

Were the Nazi's concerned about priest pedophiles in the RCC? I wasn't aware of that.

I'm certainly invested in seeing the RCC come clean about a practice they've had for centuries that has been harmful to RCC children and families.

Yes, the Nazi's were also very upset that the Church formed a rival world view and refused to conform to the times. They engaged in virulent anti-Catholic propaganda, especially on the subject of alleged and in certain cases obviously real sexual transgressions of priests and monks.

The BIG LIE was also a favorite of the Nazis. Concern isn't obsession.

Vatican II says you're wrong. Latin went out of fashion. The altar was turned around. The church may be built on stone, but Canon Law isn't set in stone and can be changed.

Of course Canon Law can change. But it doesn't move with the fashions of the times. The discussion regarding the vernacular was centuries old. And yes, Latin Masses are again authorized by the way.

Yes, the Nazi's were also very upset that the Church formed a rival world view and refused to conform to the times. They engaged in virulent anti-Catholic propaganda, especially on the subject of alleged and in certain cases obviously real sexual transgressions of priests and monks.

yeah, and the church showed them who was boss by giving all those high ranking nazis passports and money so they could get to south america after the war. :lol:

a tough taskmaster is the church.

Last edited:

The BIG LIE was also a favorite of the Nazis. Concern isn't obsession.

With some people it clearly is an obsession. They seem to be far less concerned with pedophile teachers, pedophile coaches, pedophile artists, pedophile homosexuals, etc.

There's a term for calling your opponent a Nazi.

This isn't Nazi propaganda going on. This is a crisis for the RCC. They've been caught shielding pedophile priests for a long time.

They are caught red handed.

"Nationwide, more than 10,000 allegations of child sex abuse were brought against priests between 1950 and 2002, according to a report commissioned by the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops."

http://news.yahoo.com/closing-statements-philadelphia-church-pedophilia-trial-204030520.html

Last edited:

yeah, and the church showed them who was boss by giving all those high ranking nazis pasports and money so they could get to south america after the war. :lol:

The Catholic Church formed a major counterforce against the Nazi's. But you are clearly too ignorant to know much about history.

This isn't Nazi propaganda going on. This is a crisis for the RCC. They've been caught shielding pedophile priests for a long time.

Are you as concerned about others?

Of course Canon Law can change. But it doesn't move with the fashions of the times. The discussion regarding the vernacular was centuries old. And yes, Latin Masses are again authorized by the way.

So, we'll have to discuss it for centuries then. So what? You're trying to say it shouldn't be allowed at all. Since you admit it's Canon Law rather than doctrine, what's the problem? If you don't like a having a female or married priest, attend a different Mass.

Are you as concerned about others?

Other what? This is ridiculous. If you've got a question, ask it.

yeah, and the church showed them who was boss by giving all those high ranking nazis pasports and money so they could get to south america after the war. :lol:

The Catholic Church formed a major counterforce against the Nazi's. But you are clearly too ignorant to know much about history.

individual catholics and priests worked against the nazis.

the hierarchy of the church? not so much.

surprisingly, your opinion of my education and/or intellectual capacity really doesn't have much relevance to the topic at hand.

try again later

individual catholics and priests worked against the nazis.

the hierarchy of the church? not so much.

surprisingly, your opinion of my education and/or intellectual capacity really doesn't have much relevance to the topic at hand.

try again later

It's the attack of the desperate.

Forum List

Back