Is the flu shot an indication of what is instore for us

keee keee

Aug 1, 2009
Long lines, shortage of drugs, rationing, total chaos, non prepairedness, inexperience, Is this what is going to happen if this Obamination of a healthcare program is forced on all Americans? God help us all. or will they just hand out asprins to all!!! Maybe this is why all Congressmen and Senators opted themselves and families out of this system if made law.

Well the government was in charge of aquiring and distributing H1N1 flu shots to the citizens of the country.

However they ended up with only enough vaccine to cover about 15% of our total population leaving us with a big shortage.

This is a small scale plan compared to having the government get involved in our health care. If we let them pass the public option, which is intended to lead to socialized single payer health care, we will see these kinds of shortages happen in all health care aspects instead of just H1N1 vaccines.

What say you? Pilgrim is nuts? Pilgrim is onto something? sound off and discuss with me.

Last edited:
Pretty much. 11 million flu shots when you promised 120 million. Label child dosages the same as adult. Cut the paper trail and lose all cost control measures. Declare a national emergency. Yes, I see absolutely no differences.

wow! two of you had the same idea. The RNC called, they say you are doing a good job and keep getting the talking points out there. ;)

I'm beginning to think this flu epidemic is a load of bullshit.

I have yet to meet ANYBODY who has contracted it.

My childrens private school has over 500 students, and not one case to date.

we are all screwed if this passes! these people wanted a Cuba style health care system. and this is a perfect example of what is going to happen!!!!! Get in line, fill out this paperwork, take an asprin, we will call you when and if we think you need to see a doctor, or are deserving of any health care!!! Attention all people in line will all the democrats and donor to the DNC please move to the front of the line all else go to the back!!!!

They closed a school down the road last week had over 900 cases of the flu!!!! and no shots were available to the kids that did not have the flu!!!!

we could of got them at where my son goes to therapy at but since my son already has it I didn't see the point.
On a side note I had to take him to the urgent care at his doctors office last night because he has a third round of fever and not eating from this shit and I got right in, he is on state medical. I never have a problem seeing or talking to his doctor.

By Golly I think you've got it. Here is a government that cannot get regular flu shots out to the people and they want us to turn over the entire health care system to them. I don't think so.

wow! two of you had the same idea. The RNC called, they say you are doing a good job and keep getting the talking points out there. ;)

huh? I was just hearing about the shortage and I know the feds were in charge of getting it and the states were in charge of requesting it from the feds so I connected the dots and made a comment.

I take it you think i'm nuts? Or are you just drive by insulting people instead of trying to contribute to a discussion of the thought?

I am not getting a shot as I dont need it....i'll save the shot i would have taken so a young or elderly person can get a better chance at getting one.

huh? I was just hearing about the shortage and I know the feds were in charge of getting it and the states were in charge of requesting it from the feds so I connected the dots and made a comment.

I take it you think i'm nuts? Or are you just drive by insulting people instead of trying to contribute to a discussion of the thought?
no I just saw two of you with the same thread title.:razz:
And I have tried to have this debate with some on here, but one gets sick of being called names and told I have just living off the government tit.

My opinion is they developed the vaccine in a small amount of time and when you have that many sick or could become sick of course their is going to be some confusion and long lines. Where I live they actually handled it very well with a clinic set up at the arena here and most who went to get the vaccine said it was very well organized.

Long lines, shortage of drugs, rationing, total chaos, non prepairedness, inexperience, Is this what is going to happen if this Obamination of a healthcare program is forced on all Americans? God help us all. or will they just hand out asprins to all!!! Maybe this is why all Congressmen and Senators opted themselves and families out of this system if made law.

oh crap i just made a very similar thread to this....let me give dude something to do with his new role as moderator ;) :D

BTW I think you are onto something.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/healt...iew-of-government-controlled-health-care.html

Well the government was in charge of aquiring and distributing H1N1 flu shots to the citizens of the country.

However they ended up with only enough vaccine to cover about 15% of our total population leaving us with a big shortage.

This is a small scale plan compared to having the government get involved in our health care. If we let them pass the public option, which is intended to lead to socialized single payer health care, we will see these kinds of shortages happen in all health care aspects instead of just H1N1 vaccines.

What say you? Pilgrim is nuts? Pilgrim is onto something? sound off and discuss with me.

They intended to have health care reform passed by now, PP. I know saw the video montage piece that shows the path to socialized healthcare. Of course the liberals in gov't want that to be the eventual end game but as we have seen in the recent months they can't seem to get shit accomplished so forgive me if I just kinda shrug at doom and gloom projections of what may be 20 years from now.

Now in regards to the H1N1, they are doing the best they can. When Obama declared a federal emergency to help speed up the process he was attacked for it on this very board and now we are hearing that it's taking too long.

I wont call you names.

I think its just a microcosm of how the government always handles anything they touch. they never meet expectations and always go over budget.

I asked dude to merge our threads so if you want i'll continue in the other one since it was up before mine :)

Of course, the private sector manufacturers of the vaccine can't produce the vaccine fast enough because the private sector egg producers can't produce eggs fast enough so therefore, by CON$ervative "logic," the private sector is blameless. All blame belongs to the Government. :cuckoo:
Brilliant!

Yes, I have plenty of aspirin but I think I will load up, they will most likely run out of that too. I better get my first aid kit ready too, find neighbors in my neighborhood that are skilled at patch work and knee and hip replacement operations, maybe I can turn my shed into the new neighborhood surgery center. We are going to need neighborhood health care centers and there is no better place to start than your garage or shed. :lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
025-magician-01.thumbnail.png

Presto Merge-o!!

They intended to have health care reform passed by now, PP. I know saw the video montage piece that shows the path to socialized healthcare. Of course the liberals in gov't want that to be the eventual end game but as we have seen in the recent months they can't seem to get shit accomplished so forgive me if I just kinda shrug at doom and gloom projections of what may be 20 years from now.

Now in regards to the H1N1, they are doing the best they can. When Obama declared a federal emergency to help speed up the process he was attacked for it on this very board and now we are hearing that it's taking too long.

You know that if they passed the reform a few months back it would not have impacted the aquisition of H1N1 vaccines from big pharm in a positive or negative way, considering most of what was in hr3200 would not have gone into effect until 2013. The new 1900 page bill may be different but that wasn't around then.

Doom and gloom projections for 20 years from now? You gotta elaborate on that one man i'm not getting where that statement originated from.

You are right they are doing the best they can in regards to H1N1. I dont recall that I attacked Obama for declaring a federal emergency, considering I had the swine flu last year I may have been skeptical at the emergency aspect but I let that one go.

The government is in charge of aquiring and distributing it and they are not doing a good job. This does not give me confidence that they will do a better job if they expand their responsibilities further into the health care and health insurance industries. The vaccine is just one thing, the care and insurance industries are WAY more complex.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back