Is the flu shot an indication of what is instore for us

025-magician-01.thumbnail.png

Presto Merge-o!!

Is Dude on the ball with his new mod tasks or what? Well done, sir. :clap2:

I'm beginning to think this flu epidemic is a load of bullshit.

I have yet to meet ANYBODY who has contracted it.

My childrens private school has over 500 students, and not one case to date.

Just because you don't know it doesn't mean it's not happening.

Or it might just bypass your community, that happens, too.

Our community is reeling with it, but we're tough and doing okay, the schools haven't closed. I think we're all just sending the kids to school anyway. We did have a hospital close, and the children's camp this summer that had 60 or 90 cases...I don't remember which.

In three counties that combined have fewer people than most small towns.

Has anyone else encountered just more illness this year? My son has had 2 colds, some virus bug over the weekend (low grade fever and tired) and tonight tells me his throat doesn't feel right. My kids haven't been to the doctor for being sick in . . . . seriously I think like 5 or 6 years. His h.s. said that 400 students were out sick.

Long lines, shortage of drugs, rationing, total chaos, non prepairedness, inexperience, Is this what is going to happen if this Obamination of a healthcare program is forced on all Americans? God help us all. or will they just hand out asprins to all!!! Maybe this is why all Congressmen and Senators opted themselves and families out of this system if made law.

you got it man, there aren't enough doctors, nurses or hospitals to take on 47 million more people, the (D) cannot seem to gasp that simple reality.

Not to totally hijack the thread but I was under the impression that the emergency was declared as both a precaution and to help expedite the distribution of the vaccine which I also understand was only recently developed. It's kinda pointless to declare an emergency to help distribute a vaccine that we don't have yet, huh?

Ah see there is the rub, if the government declared it an emergency back when the government first said it was a pandemic several months ago we could have had more of a ramp up in vaccine production. ;).

They declared the emergency after it was developed. I don't see how declaring an emergency before hand is going to speed up science.

it was developed months ago but they just declared the emergency like a week ago. Now the gov has the authority, under the emergency, to get pharm companies (probably the same ones that donate to the government officials re-election campaigns) to increase production.

See what i'm getting at?

Ah see there is the rub, if the government declared it an emergency back when the government first said it was a pandemic several months ago we could have had more of a ramp up in vaccine production. ;).

They declared the emergency after it was developed. I don't see how declaring an emergency before hand is going to speed up science.

it was developed months ago but they just declared the emergency like a week ago. Now the gov has the authority, under the emergency, to get pharm companies (probably the same ones that donate to the government officials re-election campaigns) to increase production.

See what i'm getting at?

From what I can find the vaccine was still in the testing phase as we were heading into August.

See what i'm getting at?

From what I can find the vaccine was still in the testing phase as we were heading into August.
It was. They could have still ramped up production a bit more in anticipation that our highly intelligent scientists got it right....then i could have yelled about government pushing for private sector waste :lol:

See what i'm getting at?

It was. They could have still ramped up production a bit more in anticipation that our highly intelligent scientists got it right....then i could have yelled about government pushing for private sector waste :lol:

Pretty much ....

Srsly though it looks to me like they actually handled this right so far. They waited until they had a working product and enough available before declaring the emergency to get it out to the public.

*shrug*

Long lines, shortage of drugs, rationing, total chaos, non prepairedness, inexperience, Is this what is going to happen if this Obamination of a healthcare program is forced on all Americans? God help us all. or will they just hand out asprins to all!!! Maybe this is why all Congressmen and Senators opted themselves and families out of this system if made law.
Of course, the private sector manufacturers of the vaccine can't produce the vaccine fast enough because the private sector egg producers can't produce eggs fast enough so therefore, by CON$ervative "logic," the private sector is blameless. All blame belongs to the Government. :cuckoo:
Brilliant!

Yes edthecynic, the eggs were the problem. We only produce 7 billion eggs a month in the US. More likely it was the government not deciding whether to produce the vaccine or clearing the vaccine once developed. Who does your research?

Of course, the private sector manufacturers of the vaccine can't produce the vaccine fast enough because the private sector egg producers can't produce eggs fast enough so therefore, by CON$ervative "logic," the private sector is blameless. All blame belongs to the Government. :cuckoo:
Brilliant!
Too funny. This is exactly correct. And it wouldn't matter if there was a public option or not. Vaccine producers will continue to be private companies and do the best they can with what they have to work with.

Brilliant!
Too funny. This is exactly correct. And it wouldn't matter if there was a public option or not. Vaccine producers will continue to be private companies and do the best they can with what they have to work with.

Source please. I see we produce over 7 BILLION eggs each month. Private companies can't produce vaccine without government approval.

Brilliant!

Source please. I see we produce over 7 BILLION eggs each month. Private companies can't produce vaccine without government approval.
H1N1 Vaccine Shortage: Blame Chickens - Pathophilia

Thank you for the source. Now do me a favor and read this part:

In addition, the 2009 H1N1 strain appears to be more fastidious than typical seasonal influenza viruses, requiring 2 eggs instead of the usual one to produce a single vaccine dose. Therefore 240 million eggs are needed to make 120 million vaccine doses. According to Commercial Chicken Meat and Egg Production (only $279.20 at Amazon), 1 chicken can pound out about 300 eggs annually.* If so, 800,000 chickens can produce the required number of eggs for the US supply of the 2009 H1N1 vaccine in 1 year. The AP reports that more than 30 US farms, representing 9-12 million chickens, are under long-term contract to provide eggs for vaccine production.

So...the GOVERNMENT only contracts with 30 farms? That is the fault of private farms how? What did the government do when they were told twice as many eggs were needed? I love it when the source burns the poster.

In addition, the 2009 H1N1 strain appears to be more fastidious than typical seasonal influenza viruses, requiring 2 eggs instead of the usual one to produce a single vaccine dose. Therefore 240 million eggs are needed to make 120 million vaccine doses. According to Commercial Chicken Meat and Egg Production (only $279.20 at Amazon), 1 chicken can pound out about 300 eggs annually.* If so, 800,000 chickens can produce the required number of eggs for the US supply of the 2009 H1N1 vaccine in 1 year. The AP reports that more than 30 US farms, representing 9-12 million chickens, are under long-term contract to provide eggs for vaccine production.

So...the GOVERNMENT only contracts with 30 farms? That is the fault of private farms how? What did the government do when they were told twice as many eggs were needed? I love it when the source burns the poster.
I agree, the government needs to take a bigger role in health care.

:eusa_shhh: I think they are planning to do just that.

No shit!

No shit!

so you are for government takeover of the egg industry and for denying US citizens their basic rights when they decide to travel to non-government approved locations?

So, is it the governement successes in SSI, Amtrak, the budget in general, take your pick, that makes you have such confidence?

Or are you just STUPID?

No shit!

so you are for government takeover of the egg industry and for denying US citizens their basic rights when they decide to travel to non-government approved locations?

My first thought is sarcasm followed closely by missed his medication. Government contracts. Contract with more farmers. I am not denying your right to travel, area 51 might be out of the question, but it sounds like you have been there before.

Forum List

Back