Is she just plain stupid?

0227_rihanna_battered_425.jpg

"While Chris is reflective and saddened about what happened, he is really happy to be with the woman he loves."

Yeah...reflective and saddened.

Beat the *%#$ out of her and all he can feel is reflection and sadness?

She obviously suffered some mental defect to go back.

Last edited:
she needs help....

she needs to read;

''I'M OKAY, YOU'RE OK
Men, Who Hate Women,
And the Women, Who Love Them''

can't remember the author....

Why does she have such low self esteem to take him back? What happened in her past to put up with that from a man?

in all seriousness, the worst part of this is that these two young people are said to b role models....so now the role models are showing that beating the shit outta someone is fine...as long as you grovel a wee bit and all..i wonder when they will be back in the news...he will beat the shit outta her again..she has all but said ...its okay beat me and i will still love you...i dont think anyone...male or female should be abused against their will..

i wonder how many young girls are now hoping their boyfriends love them enough to beat them?

There is absolutely no excuse for him beating the shit out of her. What the hell is she thinking? Never go back into an abusive relationship. I mean it is not like she doesn't have the means to take care of her self.

Rihanna and Chris Brown reported back together - omg! news on Yahoo!

RGS. Look up Trauma Bonding and Stockholm Syndrome. It explains why people go back into abusive relationships or keep selecting abusive people to be involved with.

What you're referring to as 'stupidity' is literal brain injury that happens to people who are abused and traumatized. They re-enact the abuse endlessly unless they get treatment for PTSD.

Last edited:
in all seriousness, the worst part of this is that these two young people are said to b role models....so now the role models are showing that beating the shit outta someone is fine...as long as you grovel a wee bit and all..i wonder when they will be back in the news...he will beat the shit outta her again..she has all but said ...its okay beat me and i will still love you...i dont think anyone...male or female should be abused against their will..

i wonder how many young girls are now hoping their boyfriends love them enough to beat them?

So true bones. The girls that look to the media and the internet to guide them, instead of their families. It's scary. Just watch any reality show, and the amount of skanks that will do anything to be on tv.

Yes, a young impressionable girl will read about this and think, "Ah, he beats me so he DOES love me after all!"

I think if these famous people illustrate the problem of trauma bonding and domestic violence they do us all a world of good. Any parent who isn't discussing current events and media coverage with their kids is missing an educational moment.

It gives all of us an opportunity to look at this serious issue in more depth.

Last edited:
she needs help....

she needs to read;

''I'M OKAY, YOU'RE OK
Men, Who Hate Women,
And the Women, Who Love Them''

can't remember the author....

She needs to read; The Betrayal Bond by Patrick Carnes about breaking free of exploitive relationships.

She needs to read; The Body Remembers by Babette Rothschild and Waking the Tiger: Healing Trauma by Peter A Levine

People love to call trauma victims 'stupid'. They're not. They are damaged though, and their brains are literally unable to work normally. They have thought disorder and need a lot of help with reality testing.

'Victim' is almost a dirty word these days. We love to use it as a put down.

Last edited:
Jay - Z and Timbaland need to have a nice "talk" with little Chris.

Show him the error of his ways.

you cant beat the shit outta someone to prove something...i swear...is this a hard concept to accept..beathing the hell outta people...male or female...just aint right...its just like when i hear people advocating castration...for rape etc...sexual mutalation should never be an option or be cheered. simple as that

I never advocated them beating the shit out of him.

In fact, in that little piece of society, with all their unique nuances, having a discussion is all that probably needs to take place.

Latest celebrity gossip, hot news and rumours - Bild.de

Chris is already building his case. He's saying she threw a phone at him, then hit him in the head and basically just lost it. He's saying she attacked him.” Rihanna (21) has reportedly told police Chris beat her in his car in Los Angeles, threatened to kill her and choked her until she was unconscious. Chris has been charged with making criminal threats and was released on $50,000 bail

Rumors abound that she gave him herpes. It's no excuse, but I'd be plenty pissed off too if I were him.

Is that what he says caused him to beat her? She gave him herpes? More than likely he's a trauma survivor too, he just picked the perp role. The trama triangle is victim, perpetrator, rescuer.

Unfortunately, this is what typically happens in abusive relationships. Celebrities, apparently, aren't immune.

Unfortunately, this is what typically happens in abusive relationships. Celebrities, apparently, aren't immune.

The only value to the fame in this case is that it gets people talking about domestic violence.

The only value to the fame in this case is that it gets people talking about domestic violence.

If you've known anyone trapped in such a relationship, then you also know that it takes more than just talk and exposure. The abused woman (as it turns out in the majority of cases) always seems to believe that her relationship is the "exception," and that things will work themselves out if she gives him another chance.

Forum List

Back