Is Rick Perry Dumb?

Hey Conservatives! A couple of questions, if you please.

Why the contempt for intellect? You championed George W. Bush, Sarah Palin, Christine O'Donnell, Michelle Bachmann and now Rick Perry. None of these folks can be considered a deep, intellectual thinker who is naturally curious and willing to consider other view points. When we did elect an anti-intellectual (Bush 43) things did not turn out well. Why try it again?

Why the mistrust of science? Science has shown that we can harm our planet by polluting, yet you dismiss the science. Why? I'm guessing that such findings might cut into the profits of private corporations. This further allows me to conclude that, by this reasoning, profits are more important than health. Science shows that mankind was not deposited on this planet wholly formed and developed, but evolved through the ages. Why dismiss this science? My guess is that such science insults your notion that God created mankind as he appears today.

Why do you avoid the tried and true American political tradition of compromise? The very constitution we all venerate was born from compromise. Yet your contemporary politics shows clearly that petulance trumps accomplishment and stubbornness is valued over co-operation.

Millions of average Americans making individual decisions in a free market are collectively infinitely smarter than a handful of 'brilliant' intellectuals trying to micro manage a population by substituting their wisdom for individual decision making. Perry is smart enough to understand this, which makes him intellectually superior to Obama.
Well, that "free market" sounds great at its face, but we all know that's not the case, don't we? Ever try to open a bicycle store, a pharmacy, a bakery where there's a Wal*Mart in the same market? Seems that "free" market has advantages for Wal*Mart that a small, independent entrepreneur just cannot enjoy. And that's because the market has been managed to skew the advantages to those who can afford to buy legislators, both Democrat and Republican.

Maybe someone with a large enough intellect to understand that would make the necessary adjustments to correct the imbalance. Or, we can try folksy, ideologues who fear compromise and are, therefore susceptible to the monied influences.

A free market means free of government regulation, i.e. a business environment where one does not need to line the pockets of either Democrats or Republicans. An even playing field means getting rid of all the red tape, and getting bureaucrats off the backs of entrepreneurs. Texas has adopted this philosophy, and that's why Texas has created over half the jobs in America since Obama took office.

They are all well educated individuals and you opt to base their level of intelligence on a variety of gaffes and a multitude of assumptions.

SO lets see what we have now.

A true academic. Well educated, but laden with gaffes as well...(57 states and corpse-man as an example)

But we do not define him as "dumb". We define him as an intellectual academci type who had some gaffes.

But putting that aside....hows that intellectual academic type doing for us???????

Yeah yeah,....I know...he won the nobel peace prize, killed OBL and made the rfight call in Libya.

SO how is that job market doing?
Not just the gaffes (which reveal more about the intellectual capacity than is betrayed on the surface) but the policy positions. Anti-science for example. That betrays a lack of depth of thinking that cannot serve a decision maker well.

Anti science is a talking point.

Belief in a faith is widesporead and international amongst dozens of different beliefs.

I understand evolution..but prefer to belkieve in a higher being.

It does not mean I am anti science...it simply means that I enjoy having faith in my life.

But when push comes to shove, I will allow science to dictate a major decision....

You just like to throw around talking points to make a candidate look silly.
Again, I think it's great that you would defer to science. But I wonder if President Perry would prefer creationism or evolution taught in American science classes? I wonder if President Perry would advocate renewables over petroleum?

Well, that "free market" sounds great at its face, but we all know that's not the case, don't we? Ever try to open a bicycle store, a pharmacy, a bakery where there's a Wal*Mart in the same market? Seems that "free" market has advantages for Wal*Mart that a small, independent entrepreneur just cannot enjoy. And that's because the market has been managed to skew the advantages to those who can afford to buy legislators, both Democrat and Republican.

Maybe someone with a large enough intellect to understand that would make the necessary adjustments to correct the imbalance. Or, we can try folksy, ideologues who fear compromise and are, therefore susceptible to the monied influences.

there are many, such as myself, that prefer the local bakery, bike store and pharmacy.
The local bakery offers slightly higher prices, but much more personal service.
The local pharmacy offers slightly higher prices, but always has in stock what I need.
The local bike shop will repair my new bike if needed for free without my having to "ship it back"

And then there are the less fiancnailly fortunate that prefer the lower prices....such is why Walmart works well for all.

We have 4 CVS's within a 1 mile radius...yet the local pharmcay (Levins) has been around for 50 years...and is still there doing fine.

You are stuck on talking points.
I think it's great that you can enjoy a choice in shops and services. I wonder how many small, family owned businesses fail after a big box store moves in just outside town?

It's an example of supply side economics. Coddle the biggest and, with a little faith, luck and chance, the small fry might, just might be able to withstand the wake of the passing mega ship.

Nosmo...it is like everything in life...

You show a differential and you will not fall to the competition...regardless of how large they are.

I personally compete with the biggest in my industry.....but my service is above and beyond...and I do fine.

One stop shopping has been arouind for decades with the mega malls.....and they did not put the little guy out.

Sorry...I dont fall for the talking points.

Not just the gaffes (which reveal more about the intellectual capacity than is betrayed on the surface) but the policy positions. Anti-science for example. That betrays a lack of depth of thinking that cannot serve a decision maker well.

Anti science is a talking point.

Belief in a faith is widesporead and international amongst dozens of different beliefs.

I understand evolution..but prefer to belkieve in a higher being.

It does not mean I am anti science...it simply means that I enjoy having faith in my life.

But when push comes to shove, I will allow science to dictate a major decision....

You just like to throw around talking points to make a candidate look silly.
Again, I think it's great that you would defer to science. But I wonder if President Perry would prefer creationism or evolution taught in American science classes? I wonder if President Perry would advocate renewables over petroleum?

and what if he would? How would he be able to implement it?
So what you are saying is there is too much of the unknown as it pertains to anyone who believes in God for them to be qualified to be president.
I respect that...I disagree, but I respect it.
But then why did the left and the media say "Obamas religion is his religion and not the business of anyone when the right wanted him to clarify his religious beliefs?

I know...that is for another thread.

A free market means free of government regulation, i.e. a business environment where one does not need to line the pockets of either Democrats or Republicans. An even playing field means getting rid of all the red tape, and getting bureaucrats off the backs of entrepreneurs. Texas has adopted this philosophy, and that's why Texas has created over half the jobs in America since Obama took office.

Oh no it's not.

It's because of government spending in the energy and defense sectors. Outside of that Texas leads the nation in minimum wage jobs.

there are many, such as myself, that prefer the local bakery, bike store and pharmacy.
The local pharmacy offers slightly higher prices, but always has in stock what I need.
The local bike shop will repair my new bike if needed for free without my having to "ship it back"

And then there are the less fiancnailly fortunate that prefer the lower prices....such is why Walmart works well for all.

We have 4 CVS's within a 1 mile radius...yet the local pharmcay (Levins) has been around for 50 years...and is still there doing fine.

I'm not sure what "talking points" you're referring to, but I think Jarhead is alluding to the tax and regulatory advantages Wal-Mart and other well-financed interests are able to arrange by colluding with unscrupulous political leaders. This is the kind of wheeling and dealing that Perry uses to 'create jobs'. It's the heart and soul of corporatism, and the opposite of the rule of law. It's a mode of governing that assumes the role of leadership is to dole out power and influence to those who play along.

Oh no it's not.

It's because of government spending in the energy and defense sectors. Outside of that Texas leads the nation in minimum wage jobs.

California has the highest unemployment rate in the country, except for Nevada. Over the past three and a half years Texas has created the most jobs in the country while California has lost over a million. The difference is one state is high tax, high regulation, while the other is business friendly. California even sent a fact finding mission to Texas to figure out why the lone star state has been so successful while businesses are leaving California in droves. Not too hard to figure out. It's no mystery how to turn the economy around, it's just a matter of getting the right person in office who will remove the onus of government bureaucracy that is impeding economic progress.

I'm not sure what "talking points" you're referring to, but I think Jarhead is alluding to the tax and regulatory advantages Wal-Mart and other well-financed interests are able to arrange by colluding with unscrupulous political leaders. This is the kind of wheeling and dealing that Perry uses to 'create jobs'. It's the heart and soul of corporatism, and the opposite of the rule of law. It's a mode of governing that assumes the role of leadership is to dole out power and influence to those who play along.

What you just said is a talking point.
Wheeling and dealing...and unscrupolous political dealers....giving a walmart an incentive to plant roots somewhere to create jobs is not wheeling and dealing...it is an effort to create jobs.....and has been proven...NOT at the cost of other businesses.

Oh no it's not.

California has the highest unemployment rate in the country, except for Nevada. Over the past three and a half years Texas has created the most jobs in the country while California has lost over a million. The difference is one state is high tax, high regulation, while the other is business friendly. California even sent a fact finding mission to Texas to figure out why the lone star state has been so successful while businesses are leaving California in droves. Not too hard to figure out. It's no mystery how to turn the economy around, it's just a matter of getting the right person in office who will remove the onus of government bureaucracy that is impeding economic progress.

Not acknowledging reality is fine. I will just restate it. Texas' employment boom came from government spending. Some of it was even from the stimulus that was so derided out of one side of Perry's mouth while he gladly took it with his backhand to plug holes in his budget. Texas leads the nation in the number of people without health insurance, the number of people with minimum wage jobs, pollution, and scores low on so many other things.

In other words..Texas is a shithole.

Oh no it's not.

Not acknowledging reality is fine. I will just restate it. Texas' employment boom came from government spending. Some of it was even from the stimulus that was so derided out of one side of Perry's mouth while he gladly took it with his backhand to plug holes in his budget. Texas leads the nation in the number of people without health insurance, the number of people with minimum wage jobs, pollution, and scores low on so many other things.

Seems Perry, the dumbass, did a better job with the stimulus money than all other 49 governors.

They couldnt do nearly as well....minimum wage jobs or not.

Wonder what you label the other 49 governors seeing as they couldnt perform nearly as well as the dumb guy.

Seems Perry, the dumbass, did a better job with the stimulus money than all other 49 governors.

They couldnt do nearly as well....minimum wage jobs or not.

Wonder what you label the other 49 governors seeing as they couldnt perform nearly as well as the dumb guy.

I would label them governors without oil fields or defense corporations.

Sorta sucks..no?

Oh no it's not.

Not acknowledging reality is fine. I will just restate it. Texas' employment boom came from government spending. Some of it was even from the stimulus that was so derided out of one side of Perry's mouth while he gladly took it with his backhand to plug holes in his budget.

first lets say for a moment ( I am not agreeing) that this is true, how much comparatively did Texas get, vs others states and how are they doing comparatively? :eusa_shhh:

see? that's where your slobbering hate gets you....

Texas leads the nation in the number of people without health insurance, the number of people with minimum wage jobs, pollution, and scores low on so many other things.

I love seeing the liberal/Proggie whine machine getting wound up when people don’t do what they are told ro supposed to do, sit on their asses in say the shithole that is Michigan a deep blue government ran (Blue collar wreck) of a state if there ever was one and take the nanny state cheese….

Its bunches your panties when people don't act like they should and flee a non nanny state like Texas, but actually flee say California for Texas….were they receive less……….quite the conundrum for you eh grasshopper? ....when you figure out why you may begin understand what conservatism is…..till then, stfu and do what Bloomberg tells you too comrade. :lol:

Last edited:
Wheeling and dealing...and unscrupolous political dealers....giving a walmart an incentive to plant roots somewhere to create jobs is not wheeling and dealing...it is an effort to create jobs.....and has been proven...NOT at the cost of other businesses.

It costs us by sacrificing the rule of law and basic principles of equal protections. It turns government into a favor-factory - ready, willing and able to offer quid pro quo 'special offers' to companies that respond in kind. It's government via horse-trading and connections rather than principle and law.

Not acknowledging reality is fine. I will just restate it. Texas' employment boom came from government spending. Some of it was even from the stimulus that was so derided out of one side of Perry's mouth while he gladly took it with his backhand to plug holes in his budget.

first lets say for a moment ( I am not agreeing) that this is true, how much comparatively did Texas get, vs others states and how are they doing comparatively? :eusa_shhh:

see? that's where your slobbering hate gets you....

Texas leads the nation in the number of people without health insurance, the number of people with minimum wage jobs, pollution, and scores low on so many other things.

I love seeing the liberal/Proggie whine machine getting wound up when people don’t do what they are told ro supposed to do, sit on their asses in say the shithole that is Michigan a deep blue government ran (Blue collar wreck) of a state if there ever was one and take the nanny state cheese….

Its bunches your panties when people don't act like they should and flee a non nanny state like Texas, but actually flee say California for Texas….were they receive less……….quite the conundrum for you eh grasshopper? ....when you figure out why you may begin understand what conservatism is…..till then, stfu and do what Bloomberg tells you too comrade. :lol:

Michigan a shithole? Sure.

Doesn't have the same resources as Texas. And Texas has bigger numbers in terms of debt and people without insurance.

I seldom seen New York mentioned as a "success" story as lovingly as Texas is by conseravtives..which on all fronts is doing about as well or better.

Is Rick Perry dumb? - Jonathan Martin - POLITICO.com

Strip away the euphemisms and Rick Perry is confronting an unavoidable question: Is he dumb — or just “misunderestimated?”

Doubts about Perry’s intellect have hounded him since he was first elected as a state legislator nearly three decades ago. In Austin, he’s been derided as a right-place, right-time pol who looks the part but isn’t so deep — “Gov. Goodhair.” Now, with the chatter picking back up among his enemies and taking flight in elite Republican circles, the rap threatens to follow him to the national stage.

“He’s like Bush only without the brains,” cracked one former Republican governor who knows Perry, repeating a joke that has made the rounds.

Read more: Is Rick Perry dumb? - Jonathan Martin - POLITICO.com

Oh NOZIES! There have "been" some alleged "doubts" about Perry's intelligence harbored in the mind of partisan hack lefty journalists?

Oh NOZIES!

Sound the alarums sirrah!

It costs us by sacrificing the rule of law and basic principles of equal protections. It turns government into a favor-factory - ready, willing and able to offer quid pro quo 'special offers' to companies that respond in kind. It's government via horse-trading and connections rather than principle and law.

It just baffles the crap out of me that it's so hard to see what the problem is in this country. Pure and simple it's the concentration of wealth.

We haven't had any major calamities in terms of things that generate wealth, like agriculture, mining, or manufacturing. What we have had is a small number of people extracting a good deal of wealth from the economy while moving some of what generates our wealth and prosperity to other nations.

THAT..has got to stop.

It just baffles the crap out of me that it's so hard to see what the problem is in this country. Pure and simple it's the concentration of wealth.

i'm not sure what leap you're trying to make. This is about government colluding with business. That might produce concentration of wealth, it might not. Either way it's wrong. I guess you're trying to push this in to the 'redistribute the wealth' rubric, but it really doesn't fit. In fact, setting government up to be in charge of distributing wealth is what creates the problem in the first place.

Yup,i bet he prays and hates the Black People too. Man,is it me or are these Left Smears becoming so repetitive & boring? Now they're just applying their old & stale smears to anyone who runs against their Hopey Changey One. Haven't we heard all these smears already? Will people really buy that shit in 2012? I guess we'll see.

Perry is far from dumb.

One who is dumb does not rise to such political prominence. If Perry seems dumb it's because he represents the interests and objectives of an eminently dumb constituency -- the same malicious cretins in fact who supported George W. Bush are Rick Perry fans.

Last edited:

We haven't had any major calamities in terms of things that generate wealth, like agriculture, mining, or manufacturing. What we have had is a small number of people extracting a good deal of wealth from the economy while moving some of what generates our wealth and prosperity to other nations.

THAT..has got to stop.

you very well may be correct.

However, the only way to stop it is to have government control it...and that will mean having government control all businesses....and that is not the direction we should go.
We, the people should stop it. You dont like Microsoft shipping jobs overseas? dont buy from Microsoft. You dont like GE shipping jobs overseas? Dont buy GE.

Sorry...I dont believe in all should be punished due to the actions of a few.

Forum List

Back