Is Religion Racist?

And oddly, they are being given Jewish citizenship through their father's credentials. Prophesy is being fulfilled, that requires it be so.
Exactly what chapter and verse in Bible prophesy says that Jewish citizenship will be given to a man through his fathers linage in the End Times? :eusa_liar:

Sunni, Are you hard of reading?

Messianic Jews are being given citizenship. THAT is in the newspaper:
April 21, 2008 5:32PM
Messianic Jews Win Citizenship Victory in Israel
Supreme Court rules Messianic believers must be granted citizenship rights in many cases.

144,000 Messianic Jews, sealed by God, is prophesy and IS in the Bible:
Acquaint yourself with Revelation, chapter 7.

You seem to enjoy calling me a liar. Be careful with that. It might come back to bite you in the ass.

The ACLU is suing a Christian for advertising on their church bulletin board for a Christian room mate.

There has been an update concerning tolerance in Israel. They really didn't take any chances. You KNOW who the mother of a child is.... Even Jesus is Jewish and related to King David through his mother.
The protocol for determining Jewish citizenship is being relaxed, possibly because of prophesy. In the end times God will seal < (incapable of being killed), 144,000 Messianic Jews from all 12 tribes, to spread the Word, and combat the heresy of the One World Church. If these are indeed the end times, those messianic Jews are in preparation mode now. And oddly, they are being given Jewish citizenship through their father's credentials. Prophesy is being fulfilled, that requires it be so.

Do you have a link to that ACLU thingy? I'd like to read it.

Well, with DNA testing, the 'rules' can be relaxed and still be persnickety.

Here you are:
Michigan Woman Faces Civil Rights Complaint For Seeking A Christian Roommate | Fox News

I don't know if the suit was dropped before or after the ACLU's got involved.

I agree with her attorney. She has the right to pick and choose who she lives with. They make the 'exception' for gender. If she were a landlady renting an apartment, then the law would be constitutional. But she is not doing that. She is seeking someone to share her OWN home. And our OWN homes are sacrosanct in America. Or at least they were. I predict she will win. When she does she needs to turn around and counter sue. Lawyers take this kind of shit because, if by some stretch they win, the damages are treble damages. Translation, so are their fees. Lawyers all slobber over a civil rights case no matter how silly!

Last edited:
And oddly, they are being given Jewish citizenship through their father's credentials. Prophesy is being fulfilled, that requires it be so.
Exactly what chapter and verse in Bible prophesy says that Jewish citizenship will be given to a man through his fathers linage in the End Times? :eusa_liar:

Supreme Court rules Messianic believers must be granted citizenship rights in many cases.

Rev. 7 doesn't say jack about "messianic" jews; is just mention jews.

You sure do like to; shall we say; embellish your stories. (must be the Irish in you)

In fact 99.9% of the jews in Israel don't have a clue as to what tribe they originated from.

With the exception of jews named Cohen or some variation of Levy; they might have been from the Tribe of Levite.

Rev. 7 doesn't say jack about "messianic" Jews; is just mention Jews.

You sure do like to; shall we say; embellish your stories. (must be the Irish in you)

In fact 99.9% of the Jews in Israel don't have a clue as to what tribe they originated from.

With the exception of Jews named Cohen or some variation of Levy; they might have been from the Tribe of Levites.

They are not my stories.
I neither add to or take away from the word of God.
The Irish in me could kick your ass, even if I am a girl.
The Jews don't have to know. God's got it covered.
Rev. 7:4 144,000 of all the tribes of the children of Israel..
And my personal favorite:
Rev. 14: 1
And I looked and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Zion, and with him, 144,000 having His Father's name written in their foreheads.

If you are going to school me in the Bible, you may have to read it. :)

Last edited:

In fact 99.9% of the Jews in Israel don't have a clue as to what tribe they originated from.

With the exception of Jews named Cohen or some variation of Levy; they might have been from the Tribe of Levites.

They are not my stories.
And I looked and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Zion, and with him, 144,000 having His Father's name written in their foreheads.

I am of Irish descent and have a strong Irish last name.

There is a good chance that I have read the Bible more times than you IR.

btw Where do you think the Ark of the Covenant is located??

They are not my stories.

I am of Irish descent and have a strong Irish last name.

There is a good chance that I have read the Bible more times than you IR.

btw Where do you think the Ark of the Covenant is located??

Then, you can't be all bad. ;)
There's a good chance that, if you had read the Bible more than I have, you'd have known who the 144,000 were, and that they were messianic.
Hard to say, but it may have gotten on that plane with all of those Levys, Cohens, and those now African citizens of Israel......
Thanks for not calling me a liar this time. :)

They are not my stories.

These are the verses which prove with absolution that the bible is bullshit:

NT Bible Contradictions

1. What time of day was Jesus crucified?

At the third hour: "And it was the third hour when they crucified him." (Mark 15:25)
At least three hours later, because at "about the sixth hour" John says that Jesus was still with Pilate before the Jewish crowd. (John 19:14) Also, Matthew (27:45) and Luke (23:44) have Jesus already on the cross at the sixth hour, so they, too, contradict John's account.
Some theologians claim that John is giving the hour in "Roman time," but the Romans reckoned time from sunrise, as did the Jews. So the "sixth hour" would mean the same for both. Also, there is no evidence in the gospel of John to support any theory that the author was counting the hours any differently from normal Jewish custom. The gospel of John was not written in Rome, nor for a Roman audience. For info on the Roman system of reckoning time, see J. Balsdon, Life and Leisure in Ancient Rome, p.1. Also L. and R. Adkins, Handbook to Life in Ancient Rome.

2. The second coming of Jesus was a failed prediction.

Jesus predicted that on his return to earth, "the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will be falling from heaven, and the powers in the heavens will be shaken. And then they will see the Son of man coming in clouds with great power and glory. And then he will send out the angels, and gather his elect from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of heaven." (Mark 13:24-27) He even predicted a deadline for it to happen: "Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away before all these things take place." (Mark 13:30) The generation he was speaking to did pass away, but the sun still shines, the stars still twinkle in the night sky, and there have been no heavenly passengers riding in on the clouds. Jesus was wrong.

Mark 13:30 is not the only passage that makes such a prediction. We see it also in Matthew 24:34, which uses the same language as Mark. Luke 21:25-27, 32 also has nearly the same wording.
Also, Matthew 16:28 - "There are some standing here who will not taste death before they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom."
And in Luke 9:26-27 - "There are some standing here who will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God."
And Mark 9:1 - "Truly I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see that the kingdom of God has come with power."

The Greek word for "generation" means essentially the same as our English word. According to the New Oxford Annotated Bible (1973 ed., p. 1204, note to Matthew 24:34), "the normal meaning of this generation would be 'men of our time,' and the words would refer to a period of 20-30 years."

The theologians often appeal to Mark 13:32 to argue that Jesus was not making a specific prediction about when the end would occur. That passage tells us that Jesus himself does not know exactly when the end will come: "But of that day or that hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." Here, however, he's just telling us that he doesn't know the exact time when the kingdom of God will arrive. He is still very clear that it will occur sometime during the lifetime of the generation he's speaking to.

Another way in which the theologians try to escape from this embarrassment is to claim that the generation referred to in Mark 13:30, Matthew 24:34, etc. is not the generation Jesus was speaking to, but the generation that will be living at the time these amazing events take place. But this is obviously absurd, because it would mean that Jesus is telling his audience, "Some of the people in the generation that will be alive when these things happen will be alive when these things happen." A statement like this conveys no meaning at all, and there would be no point in Jesus saying such a thing.

3. The genealogies of Joseph given by Matthew and Luke contradict each other.

According to Matthew, Joseph was descended from David's son Solomon through 27 generations (David to Joseph inclusive). (Matthew 1:1-16)
But according to Luke, Joseph was descended from David's son Nathan through 42 generations (David to Joseph, inclusive). (Luke 3:23-31)
Most of the names in these two genealogies are different, and they do not even agree on who Joseph's father was. Matthew tells us that Joseph's father was called Jacob (Matthew 1:16), while Luke tells us that his father was Heli (Luke 3:23).

There are Christians who claim that Luke's genealogy is that of Mary, and Matthew's is that of Joseph, but there is nothing in Luke that remotely suggests that interpretation, and both Matthew's and Luke's lists specifically mention Joseph as the end point.

4. Did Joseph take his family to Jerusalem after Jesus was born?

Yes, Joseph brought them to Jerusalem after Jesus's circumcision and the days of purification prescribed in Leviticus 12:2-8. "And when the time came for their purification according to the law of Moses, they brought him up to Jerusalem to present him to the Lord." (Luke 2:22)
No, Joseph was afraid to go to Jerusalem because he feared Herod's son Archelaus, who was then ruling in Jerusalem. "But when he heard that Archelaus reigned over Judea in place of his father Herod, he was afraid to go there, and being warned in a dream he withdrew to the district of Galilee. And he went and dwelt in a city called Nazareth." (Matthew 2:22-23)
5. How should we pray?

Only pray the Lord's prayer, for God already knows what you need. (Matthew 6:7-13)
Pray for whatever you want: "If you ask anything in my name, I will do it." (John 14:14); "If you ask anything of the Father, he will give it to you in my name." (John 16:23)
BUT it doesn't matter anyway, because "All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." (Romans 3:23) and "We know that God does not listen to sinners." (John 9:31)

6. How are we saved?

Salvation is by faith, apart from works. (Romans 3:28; Galatians 2:16)
Salvation is by good works, apart from faith. (James 2:17, 20, 26)
Salvation comes from confessing and repenting of one's sins. (1 John 1:9; Acts 2:38; Acts 3:19)
7. Can all sins be forgiven?

Yes - "Everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name." (Acts 10:43) "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just, and will forgive our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (1 John 1:9)
No - "Whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come." (Matthew 12:32) "Whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin." (Mark 3:29)
8. Is Jesus equal to God?

Yes - "I and the Father are one." (John 10:30)
No - "The Father is greater than I." (John 14:28)

9. Where did the disciples first meet the resurrected Jesus?

In Matthew, the disciples are reported as meeting Jesus in Galilee, per his previous instructions. "Now the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain to which Jesus had directed them. And when they saw him they worshiped him; but some doubted." (Matthew 28:16-17)
In Luke, they remain in Jerusalem to meet him per Jesus's previous instructions. "And they [the two travelers to Emmaus] arose that same hour and returned to Jerusalem; and they found the eleven gathered together and those who were with them, who said, 'The Lord has risen indeed, and has appeared to Simon.' Then they told what had happened on the road, and how he was known to them in the breaking of the bread. As they were saying this, Jesus himself stood among them." (Luke 24:33-36)
The contradiction cannot be avoided by claiming that there were two meetings, one in Galilee and one in Jerusalem. Luke's account is clearly intended to describe the disciples' first encounter with the resurrected Jesus, and the disciples themselves are "startled and frightened" to see him. (Luke 24:37) After this meeting, the disciples follow Jesus out to Bethany, where he departed from them and "was carried up into heaven." (Luke 24:52) So there is no time when a meeting in Galilee can be squeezed into this timeframe.

10. Was Jesus's message only for the Jews, or for everyone?

For the Jews only: "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel." (Matthew 15:24) Also, Jesus told his disciples, "Go nowhere among the Gentiles, and enter no town of the Samaritans, but go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel." (Matthew 10:5-6)
For everyone: "For I am not ashamed of the gospel. It is the power of God for salvation to every one who has faith, to the Jew first and also to the Greek." (Romans 1:16) "For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; the same Lord is Lord of all and bestows his riches upon all who call upon him." (Romans 10:12-13) "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus." (Galatians 3:28)

11. What did Judas do with the money he received from betraying Jesus?

He brought it back and threw it down in the temple.
"When Judas, his betrayer, saw that he was condemned, he repented and brought back the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and the elders, saying 'I have sinned in betraying innocent blood.' They said, 'What is that to us? See to it yourself.' And throwing down the pieces of silver in the temple, he departed." (Matthew 27:3-5)
He used the money to buy a field.
"Now this man bought a field with the reward of his wickedness." (Acts 1:18)
12. How did Judas die?

He hanged himself.
"And throwing down the pieces of silver in the temple, he departed; and he went and hanged himself." (Matthew 27:5)
He fell, and burst open and all his bowels gushed out.
"And falling headlong he burst open in the middle and all his bowels gushed out." (Acts 1:18)
13. Who carried the cross to the place of crucifixion?

Simon of Cyrene.
"And they compelled a passer-by, Simon of Cyrene, who was coming in from the country, the father of Alexander and Rufus, to carry his cross." (Mark 15:21)
As they went out, they came upon a man of Cyrene, Simon by name; this man they compelled to carry his cross." (Matthew 27:32)
Jesus carried his own cross.
"So they took Jesus, and he went out, bearing his own cross, to the place called the place of a skull, which is called in Hebrew Golgotha." (John 19:17)
14. How many robbers insulted Jesus as he hung on the cross?

Both of the robbers insulted Jesus.
"And the robbers who were crucified with him also reviled him in the same way." (Matthew 27:44)
"Those who were crucified with him also reviled him." (Mark 15:32)
Only one of the robbers insulted Jesus. The other said:
"Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom." (Luke 23:42)
15. Was Jesus the first person to rise from the dead?

Yes - "That the Christ must suffer, and that, by being the first to rise from the dead, he would proclaim light both to the people and to the Gentiles." (Acts 26:23)
No - Lazarus (John 11:43-44), Jairus's daughter (Mark 5:22-24; 35-43), and the widow's son (Luke 7:12-15) were already raised from the dead before Jesus. There is also an Old Testament story about Elisha raising a child from the dead. (2 Kings 4:32-35)
16. Did John the Baptist know that Jesus was the messiah or savior?

Yes - "The next day he [John] saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, 'Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!'" (John 1:29)
No - "And John, calling to him two of his disciples, sent them to the Lord, saying, 'Are you he who is to come, or shall we look for another?'" (Luke 7:19)
17. Was John the Baptist a thief and a robber?

Yes - Jesus said, "All who came before me are thieves and robbers." (John 10:7)
No - Jesus said, "Among those born of women none is greater than John." (Luke 7:28) Also Matthew 11:11
18. Did Jesus begin his ministry before or after John the Baptist was arrested?

Before - "After this Jesus and his disciples went into the land of Judea; there he remained with them and baptized. John also was baptizing at Aenon near Salim, because there was much water there; and people came and were baptized. For John had not yet been put in prison." (John 3:22-24)
After - "Now when he [Jesus] heard that John had been arrested, he withdrew into Galilee, and leaving Nazareth he went and dwelt in Capernaum by the sea . . . From that time Jesus began to preach, saying, 'Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.'" (Matthew 4:12, 17)
19. During his ministry, did the disciples understand who Jesus was?

Yes - Upon meeting Jesus for the first time, Andrew told his brother Simon Peter, "We have found the Messiah." (John 1:41)
No - After Jesus stilled the storm that had frightened the disciples on the sea, they asked each other, "Who then is this, that he commands even the winds and the water, and they obey him?" (Luke 8:25)
20. Who was the twelfth disciple?

Thaddaeus (Matthew 10:2-4; Mark 3:16-19)
Judas, son of James (Luke 6:14-16)
Nathanael (John 21:2)
The other eleven were Simon (Peter), Andrew, James son of Zebedee, John, Philip, Bartholomew, Thomas, Matthew, James son of Alphaeus, Simon the Zealot, and Judas Iscariot.
21. Did Jesus come to judge the world?

No - "I did not come to judge the world, but to save the world." (John 12:47)
Yes - "He [Jesus] is the one ordained by God to be judge of the living and the dead." (Acts 10:42)
22. What were Jesus's last words on the cross?

"My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" (Mark 15:34; Matthew 27:46)
"Father, into thy hands I commit my spirit." (Luke 23:46)
"It is finished." (John 19:30)
23. How long would Jesus be in the tomb before rising again?

"Three days and three nights in the heart of the earth." (Matthew 12:40)
But Jesus was in the tomb for only two nights (Friday and Saturday) and one day (Saturday). (Mark 15:42; 16:1-2)
24. How many disciples were present when Jesus first met them after the resurrection?

Jesus's first appearance to the disciples was to the full group of eleven. (Matthew 28:16-17; Luke 24:33) (But Matthew and Luke have the meeting in different places.)
Jesus's first appearance to the disciples was only to ten of them, Thomas being absent. (John 20:24) Jesus didn't meet Thomas until eight days later. (John 20:26)
25. Did the disciples know that Jesus was going to rise from the dead?

Yes - "When therefore he was raised from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this; and they believed the scripture and the word which Jesus had spoken." (John 2:22)
No - "For as yet they did not know the scripture, that he must rise from the dead." (John 20:9) (after discovering the empty tomb)
26. Is all scripture inspired by God?

Yes - "All scripture is inspired by God." (2 Timothy 3:16)
No - Paul specifically states that some of his words are his own, not God's: "What I am saying I say not with the Lord's authority but as a fool." (2 Corinthians 11:17)
27. Are there other gods?

Yes - "For although there may be so-called gods in heaven or on earth, as indeed there are many gods and many lords, yet for us there is one God, the Father." (1 Corinthians 8:5-6)
No - "How can you believe, who receive glory from one another and do not seek the glory that comes from the only God?" (John 5:44)
28. Is it OK to pray in public?

No - "When you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret." (Matthew 6:6)
Yes - "I desire then that in every place the men should pray." (1 Timothy 2:8)
29. Was Jesus always open about his actions and sayings?

Yes - "I spoke nothing secretly." (John 18:20)
No - "Then he strictly charged the disciples to tell no one that he was the Christ." (Matthew 16:20) After healing the leper, Jesus "charged him to tell no one." (Luke 5:14) "They went on from there and passed through Galilee, and he would not have anyone know it." (Mark 9:30)
30. Did Jesus instruct the disciples to take staff and sandals as they went about their mission?

Yes - "He charged them to take nothing for their journey except a staff; no bread, no bag, no money in their belts; but to wear sandals and not put on two tunics." (Mark 6:8-9)
No - "Take no gold, nor silver, nor copper in your belts, no bag for your journey nor two tunics, nor sandals, nor a staff." (Matthew 10:9-10)
31. When Paul experienced a vision on the road to Damascus, did his traveling companions also hear a voice?

Yes - "The men who were traveling with him stood speechless, hearing the voice but seeing no one." (Acts 9:7)
No - "Now those who were with me saw the light but did not hear the voice of the one who was speaking to me." (Acts 22:9)
32. Did those present during Paul's vision fall down or remain standing?

They remained standing: "The men who were traveling with him stood speechless." (Acts 9:7)
They all fell down: "And when we had all fallen to the ground, I heard a voice." (Acts 26:14)
33. Shortly after his conversion, did Paul meet with the disciples?

Yes - "For several days he was with the disciples at Damascus." (Acts 9:19) "And when he had come to Jerusalem he attempted to join the disciples." (Acts 9:26)
No - "When he who had set me apart before I was born, and had called me through his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son to me, in order that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I did not confer with flesh and blood, nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles before me, but I went away into Arabia; and again I returned to Damascus. Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem. (Galatians 1:15-18)
34. When did Satan enter into Judas?

Before the last supper. (Luke 22:3)
During the last supper (John 13:27)
35. Has anyone seen God?

No - "No one has ever seen God." (John 1:18)
Yes - Jesus said, "He who sees me sees him who sent me." (John 12:45) Also, there were many sightings of God in the Old Testament. For example: "They beheld God, and ate and drank." (Exodus 24:11); "In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord sitting upon a throne." (Isaiah 6:1); "I saw the LORD sitting on his throne, and all the host of heaven standing beside him on his right hand and on his left." (1 Kings 22:19)
36. In what year was Jesus born?

Jesus was born during the reign of Herod the Great (4 BC or earlier). (Matthew 2:1).
Jesus was born during the Roman census while Quirinius was governor of Syria (in 6 AD). (Luke 2:2).
For a very thorough discussion of the historical evidence underlying this contradiction, see Richard Carrier, "The Date of the Nativity in Luke."

37. Can those who hate their brother find favor with God?

Yes - "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple." (Luke 14:26)
No - "If anyone says, 'I love God,' and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, cannot love God whom he has not seen." (1 John 4:20)
38. How were Simon (Peter) and Andrew called to be disciples?

Jesus summoned them as they were fishing. (Mark 1:16-17)
They followed Jesus of their own accord after John the Baptist identified Jesus as the "Lamb of God." (John 1:35-41)
39. Do we know how we should pray?

Yes - Jesus told us to pray the Lord's prayer. (Matthew 6:7-13)
No - "We do not know how to pray as we ought." (Romans 8:26)
40. Are women equal to men in the community of believers?

Yes - "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus." (Galatians 3:28)
No - "The women should keep silence in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be subordinate, as even the law says. If there is anything they desire to know, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church." (1 Corinthians 14:34-35)
41. Who were the first to come to Jesus's tomb on Sunday?

Mary Magdalene, Mary mother of James, and Salome (Mark 16:1)
Mary Magdalene and "the other Mary" (Matthew 28:1)
Mary Magdalene, Mary mother of James, Joanna, and "the other women" (Luke 24:10)
Mary Magdalene alone (John 20:1)
42. When did they come?

"When the sun had risen." (Mark 16:2)
"While it was still dark." (John 20:1)
43. When they got there, where was the stone that had been placed over the entrance to the tomb?

As the women watched, an angel descended and rolled away the stone and sat on it. (Matthew 28:2)
The stone had already been rolled away when they arrived. (Luke 24:2)
44. When did Jesus ascend to heaven?

Jesus ascended to heaven on the night after the resurrection. (Luke 24:51; Mark 16:19) (Follow the sequence of events from the empty tomb to the ascension, and you'll see they all took place within the space of a single day.)
Jesus ascended to heaven at least 40 days after the resurrection. (Acts 1:3,9)
45. Barabbas, who was released by Pilate, was guilty of what crime?

Robbery (John 18:40
Insurrection and murder (Mark 15:7; Luke 23:25)
46. Did Jesus go directly to paradise after being crucified?

Yes - He told one of the robbers on the cross, "Truly I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise." (Luke 23:43)
No - After being killed,he would not rise until three days later. (Mark 8:31; 9:31; 10:34; Luke 18:33; 24:7) Also, Luke says in Acts that Jesus walked the earth for forty days after his crucifixion (Acts 1:3), so therefore could not have been with the crucified robber in paradise.
47. What words were inscribed and hung over Jesus on the cross?

"The king of the Jews." (Mark 15:26)
"This is Jesus, the king of the Jews." (Matthew 27:37)
"This is the king of the Jews." (Luke 23:38)
"Jesus of Nazareth, the king of the Jews." (John 19:19)
48. Are Christians still bound by Jewish law?

Yes - "Think not that I have come to abolish the law and the prophets; I have come not to abolish them but to fulfill them." (Matthew 5:17)
No - "Now we are discharged from the law, dead to that which held us captive, so that we serve not under the old written code but in the new life of the spirit." (Romans 7:6) Also see Ephesians 2:14-15.
49. Who is with Jesus and who is against him?

"He who is not with me is against me." (Luke 11:23)
But he tells the disciples: "He that is not against you is for you." (Luke 9:50)
50. Was Jesus a physical descendant of David?

Yes - Jesus "was descended from David according to the flesh." (Romans 1:3)
No - Jesus was not descended from David in a physical manner, but was born of a virgin who was impregnated by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 1:35; Matthew 1:18)
51. Why couldn't the disciples cast out the demon from the epileptic child?

Because "this kind cannot be driven out by anything but prayer." (Mark 9:29)
Because the disciples had "little faith." (Matthew 17:20)
52. Are the followers of Jesus his slaves?

Yes - "He who was free when called is a slave of Christ." (1 Corinthians 7:22)
No - "Through God you are no longer a slave but a son." (Galatians 4:7)
53. How do Jesus's captors recognize him when they come to arrest him?

Judas gives Jesus a kiss. (Mark 14:44-45)
Jesus steps forward and identifies himself to the soldiers. (John 18:4-5)
54. What do the women do after leaving the empty tomb?

They depart and run to tell the disciples. (Matthew 28:8)
They are gripped with fear and tell no one what they have seen. (Mark 16:8)
55. What was the hometown of Peter and Andrew?

Capernaum (Mark 1:21, 29)
Bethsaida (John 1:44)

56. Did Jesus support the teachings of the scribes and Pharisees?

No, he warned his disciples to "beware of the leaven of the Pharisees." (Mark 8:15)
Yes, he advised his followers to "practice and observe whatever they [the scribes and Pharisees] tell you." (Matthew 23:2-3)
57. Was the last supper the Passover meal?

Yes (Mark 14:12-18)
No, Jesus was already in custody on the day of preparation for the Passover. (John 19:14)
58. Who requests special treatment for James and John in the kingdom of heaven?

James and John (Mark 10:35-37)
Their mother (Matthew 20:20)
59. Did Jesus perform baptisms?

Yes - "After this Jesus and his disciples went into the land of Judea; there he remained with them and baptized." (John 3:22)
No - "Jesus himself did not baptize, but only his disciples." (John 4:2)
60. Was Jesus the only one to ascend directly to heaven?

Yes - "No one has ascended into heaven but he who descended from heaven, the Son of Man." (John 3:13)
No - Both Elijah (2 Kings 2:11) and Enoch (Genesis 5:24; Hebrews 11:5) ascended directly to heaven before Jesus.
61. Are all things possible for God?

Yes - "With God all things are possible." (Matthew 19:26)
No - "And the LORD was with Judah, and he took possession of the hill country, but he could not drive out the inhabitants of the plain, because they had chariots of iron." (Judges 1:19)
62. Upon visiting the empty tomb, did Mary Magdalene know what had been done with Jesus's body?

No - "They have taken the Lord out of the tomb, and we do not know where they have laid him." (John 20:2)
Yes - The angel at the tomb told her that "he has risen from the dead, and behold, he is going before you to Galilee." (Matthew 28:7)
63. Who took Jesus's body down from the cross and laid him in the tomb?

Joseph of Arimathea (Mark 15:46)
Those who asked Pilate to have Jesus crucified. (Acts 13:28-29)
64. After feeding the 5000, the disciples got into a boat and headed across the lake to what town?

Capernaum (John 6:17)
Bethsaida (Mark 6:45)

There are hundreds more if you'd care to read them.........

There's a good chance that, if you had read the Bible more than I have, you'd have known who the 144,000 were, and that they were messianic.
Hard to say, but it may have gotten on that plane with all of those Levys, Cohens, and those now African citizens of Israel......
My reading led me to believe that the 144,000 became "messianic" while in Israel; not arriving in Israel already as messianic jews.

The location of the Ark is given in the Book of Revelations; 11:19

Yet, misguided Christians who don't know their Bible are still searching all over the earth looking for it. :doubt:

My reading led me to believe that the 144,000 became "messianic" while in Israel; not arriving in Israel already as messianic jews.

Yet, misguided Christians who don't know their Bible are still searching all over the earth looking for it. :doubt:

Is that the one which carried the dinosaurs....just asking.

They are not my stories.

NT Bible Contradictions

At the third hour: "And it was the third hour when they crucified him." (Mark 15:25)
At least three hours later, because at "about the sixth hour" John says that Jesus was still with Pilate before the Jewish crowd. (John 19:14) Also, Matthew (27:45) and Luke (23:44) have Jesus already on the cross at the sixth hour, so they, too, contradict John's account.
Some theologians claim that John is giving the hour in "Roman time," but the Romans reckoned time from sunrise, as did the Jews. So the "sixth hour" would mean the same for both. Also, there is no evidence in the gospel of John to support any theory that the author was counting the hours any differently from normal Jewish custom. The gospel of John was not written in Rome, nor for a Roman audience. For info on the Roman system of reckoning time, see J. Balsdon, Life and Leisure in Ancient Rome, p.1. Also L. and R. Adkins, Handbook to Life in Ancient Rome.

Jesus predicted that on his return to earth, "the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will be falling from heaven, and the powers in the heavens will be shaken. And then they will see the Son of man coming in clouds with great power and glory. And then he will send out the angels, and gather his elect from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of heaven." (Mark 13:24-27) He even predicted a deadline for it to happen: "Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away before all these things take place." (Mark 13:30) The generation he was speaking to did pass away, but the sun still shines, the stars still twinkle in the night sky, and there have been no heavenly passengers riding in on the clouds. Jesus was wrong.

Mark 13:30 is not the only passage that makes such a prediction. We see it also in Matthew 24:34, which uses the same language as Mark. Luke 21:25-27, 32 also has nearly the same wording.
Also, Matthew 16:28 - "There are some standing here who will not taste death before they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom."
And in Luke 9:26-27 - "There are some standing here who will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God."
And Mark 9:1 - "Truly I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see that the kingdom of God has come with power."

The Greek word for "generation" means essentially the same as our English word. According to the New Oxford Annotated Bible (1973 ed., p. 1204, note to Matthew 24:34), "the normal meaning of this generation would be 'men of our time,' and the words would refer to a period of 20-30 years."

The theologians often appeal to Mark 13:32 to argue that Jesus was not making a specific prediction about when the end would occur. That passage tells us that Jesus himself does not know exactly when the end will come: "But of that day or that hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." Here, however, he's just telling us that he doesn't know the exact time when the kingdom of God will arrive. He is still very clear that it will occur sometime during the lifetime of the generation he's speaking to.

Another way in which the theologians try to escape from this embarrassment is to claim that the generation referred to in Mark 13:30, Matthew 24:34, etc. is not the generation Jesus was speaking to, but the generation that will be living at the time these amazing events take place. But this is obviously absurd, because it would mean that Jesus is telling his audience, "Some of the people in the generation that will be alive when these things happen will be alive when these things happen." A statement like this conveys no meaning at all, and there would be no point in Jesus saying such a thing.

According to Matthew, Joseph was descended from David's son Solomon through 27 generations (David to Joseph inclusive). (Matthew 1:1-16)
But according to Luke, Joseph was descended from David's son Nathan through 42 generations (David to Joseph, inclusive). (Luke 3:23-31)
Most of the names in these two genealogies are different, and they do not even agree on who Joseph's father was. Matthew tells us that Joseph's father was called Jacob (Matthew 1:16), while Luke tells us that his father was Heli (Luke 3:23).

There are Christians who claim that Luke's genealogy is that of Mary, and Matthew's is that of Joseph, but there is nothing in Luke that remotely suggests that interpretation, and both Matthew's and Luke's lists specifically mention Joseph as the end point.

Yes, Joseph brought them to Jerusalem after Jesus's circumcision and the days of purification prescribed in Leviticus 12:2-8. "And when the time came for their purification according to the law of Moses, they brought him up to Jerusalem to present him to the Lord." (Luke 2:22)
No, Joseph was afraid to go to Jerusalem because he feared Herod's son Archelaus, who was then ruling in Jerusalem. "But when he heard that Archelaus reigned over Judea in place of his father Herod, he was afraid to go there, and being warned in a dream he withdrew to the district of Galilee. And he went and dwelt in a city called Nazareth." (Matthew 2:22-23)
5. How should we pray?

Only pray the Lord's prayer, for God already knows what you need. (Matthew 6:7-13)
Pray for whatever you want: "If you ask anything in my name, I will do it." (John 14:14); "If you ask anything of the Father, he will give it to you in my name." (John 16:23)
BUT it doesn't matter anyway, because "All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." (Romans 3:23) and "We know that God does not listen to sinners." (John 9:31)

6. How are we saved?

Salvation comes from confessing and repenting of one's sins. (1 John 1:9; Acts 2:38; Acts 3:19)

Yes - "Everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name." (Acts 10:43) "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just, and will forgive our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (1 John 1:9)
No - "Whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come." (Matthew 12:32) "Whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin." (Mark 3:29)

In Matthew, the disciples are reported as meeting Jesus in Galilee, per his previous instructions. "Now the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain to which Jesus had directed them. And when they saw him they worshiped him; but some doubted." (Matthew 28:16-17)
In Luke, they remain in Jerusalem to meet him per Jesus's previous instructions. "And they [the two travelers to Emmaus] arose that same hour and returned to Jerusalem; and they found the eleven gathered together and those who were with them, who said, 'The Lord has risen indeed, and has appeared to Simon.' Then they told what had happened on the road, and how he was known to them in the breaking of the bread. As they were saying this, Jesus himself stood among them." (Luke 24:33-36)
The contradiction cannot be avoided by claiming that there were two meetings, one in Galilee and one in Jerusalem. Luke's account is clearly intended to describe the disciples' first encounter with the resurrected Jesus, and the disciples themselves are "startled and frightened" to see him. (Luke 24:37) After this meeting, the disciples follow Jesus out to Bethany, where he departed from them and "was carried up into heaven." (Luke 24:52) So there is no time when a meeting in Galilee can be squeezed into this timeframe.

For the Jews only: "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel." (Matthew 15:24) Also, Jesus told his disciples, "Go nowhere among the Gentiles, and enter no town of the Samaritans, but go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel." (Matthew 10:5-6)
For everyone: "For I am not ashamed of the gospel. It is the power of God for salvation to every one who has faith, to the Jew first and also to the Greek." (Romans 1:16) "For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; the same Lord is Lord of all and bestows his riches upon all who call upon him." (Romans 10:12-13) "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus." (Galatians 3:28)

"When Judas, his betrayer, saw that he was condemned, he repented and brought back the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and the elders, saying 'I have sinned in betraying innocent blood.' They said, 'What is that to us? See to it yourself.' And throwing down the pieces of silver in the temple, he departed." (Matthew 27:3-5)
12. How did Judas die?

He hanged himself.
"And throwing down the pieces of silver in the temple, he departed; and he went and hanged himself." (Matthew 27:5)
"And falling headlong he burst open in the middle and all his bowels gushed out." (Acts 1:18)

Simon of Cyrene.
"And they compelled a passer-by, Simon of Cyrene, who was coming in from the country, the father of Alexander and Rufus, to carry his cross." (Mark 15:21)
As they went out, they came upon a man of Cyrene, Simon by name; this man they compelled to carry his cross." (Matthew 27:32)
"So they took Jesus, and he went out, bearing his own cross, to the place called the place of a skull, which is called in Hebrew Golgotha." (John 19:17)

"And the robbers who were crucified with him also reviled him in the same way." (Matthew 27:44)

Yes - "That the Christ must suffer, and that, by being the first to rise from the dead, he would proclaim light both to the people and to the Gentiles." (Acts 26:23)
No - Lazarus (John 11:43-44), Jairus's daughter (Mark 5:22-24; 35-43), and the widow's son (Luke 7:12-15) were already raised from the dead before Jesus. There is also an Old Testament story about Elisha raising a child from the dead. (2 Kings 4:32-35)

Yes - "The next day he [John] saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, 'Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!'" (John 1:29)
No - "And John, calling to him two of his disciples, sent them to the Lord, saying, 'Are you he who is to come, or shall we look for another?'" (Luke 7:19)

No - Jesus said, "Among those born of women none is greater than John." (Luke 7:28) Also Matthew 11:11

Before - "After this Jesus and his disciples went into the land of Judea; there he remained with them and baptized. John also was baptizing at Aenon near Salim, because there was much water there; and people came and were baptized. For John had not yet been put in prison." (John 3:22-24)
After - "Now when he [Jesus] heard that John had been arrested, he withdrew into Galilee, and leaving Nazareth he went and dwelt in Capernaum by the sea . . . From that time Jesus began to preach, saying, 'Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.'" (Matthew 4:12, 17)

Yes - Upon meeting Jesus for the first time, Andrew told his brother Simon Peter, "We have found the Messiah." (John 1:41)
No - After Jesus stilled the storm that had frightened the disciples on the sea, they asked each other, "Who then is this, that he commands even the winds and the water, and they obey him?" (Luke 8:25)

The other eleven were Simon (Peter), Andrew, James son of Zebedee, John, Philip, Bartholomew, Thomas, Matthew, James son of Alphaeus, Simon the Zealot, and Judas Iscariot.

Yes - "He [Jesus] is the one ordained by God to be judge of the living and the dead." (Acts 10:42)

But Jesus was in the tomb for only two nights (Friday and Saturday) and one day (Saturday). (Mark 15:42; 16:1-2)
24. How many disciples were present when Jesus first met them after the resurrection?

Jesus's first appearance to the disciples was to the full group of eleven. (Matthew 28:16-17; Luke 24:33) (But Matthew and Luke have the meeting in different places.)
Jesus's first appearance to the disciples was only to ten of them, Thomas being absent. (John 20:24) Jesus didn't meet Thomas until eight days later. (John 20:26)

Yes - "When therefore he was raised from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this; and they believed the scripture and the word which Jesus had spoken." (John 2:22)
No - "For as yet they did not know the scripture, that he must rise from the dead." (John 20:9) (after discovering the empty tomb)

No - Paul specifically states that some of his words are his own, not God's: "What I am saying I say not with the Lord's authority but as a fool." (2 Corinthians 11:17)

Yes - "For although there may be so-called gods in heaven or on earth, as indeed there are many gods and many lords, yet for us there is one God, the Father." (1 Corinthians 8:5-6)
No - "How can you believe, who receive glory from one another and do not seek the glory that comes from the only God?" (John 5:44)

No - "When you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret." (Matthew 6:6)

No - "Then he strictly charged the disciples to tell no one that he was the Christ." (Matthew 16:20) After healing the leper, Jesus "charged him to tell no one." (Luke 5:14) "They went on from there and passed through Galilee, and he would not have anyone know it." (Mark 9:30)
30. Did Jesus instruct the disciples to take staff and sandals as they went about their mission?

Yes - "He charged them to take nothing for their journey except a staff; no bread, no bag, no money in their belts; but to wear sandals and not put on two tunics." (Mark 6:8-9)
No - "Take no gold, nor silver, nor copper in your belts, no bag for your journey nor two tunics, nor sandals, nor a staff." (Matthew 10:9-10)
31. When Paul experienced a vision on the road to Damascus, did his traveling companions also hear a voice?

Yes - "The men who were traveling with him stood speechless, hearing the voice but seeing no one." (Acts 9:7)
No - "Now those who were with me saw the light but did not hear the voice of the one who was speaking to me." (Acts 22:9)

They remained standing: "The men who were traveling with him stood speechless." (Acts 9:7)
They all fell down: "And when we had all fallen to the ground, I heard a voice." (Acts 26:14)

Yes - "For several days he was with the disciples at Damascus." (Acts 9:19) "And when he had come to Jerusalem he attempted to join the disciples." (Acts 9:26)
No - "When he who had set me apart before I was born, and had called me through his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son to me, in order that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I did not confer with flesh and blood, nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles before me, but I went away into Arabia; and again I returned to Damascus. Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem. (Galatians 1:15-18)

35. Has anyone seen God?

Yes - Jesus said, "He who sees me sees him who sent me." (John 12:45) Also, there were many sightings of God in the Old Testament. For example: "They beheld God, and ate and drank." (Exodus 24:11); "In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord sitting upon a throne." (Isaiah 6:1); "I saw the LORD sitting on his throne, and all the host of heaven standing beside him on his right hand and on his left." (1 Kings 22:19)

Jesus was born during the reign of Herod the Great (4 BC or earlier). (Matthew 2:1).
Jesus was born during the Roman census while Quirinius was governor of Syria (in 6 AD). (Luke 2:2).
For a very thorough discussion of the historical evidence underlying this contradiction, see Richard Carrier, "The Date of the Nativity in Luke."

Yes - "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple." (Luke 14:26)
No - "If anyone says, 'I love God,' and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, cannot love God whom he has not seen." (1 John 4:20)

They followed Jesus of their own accord after John the Baptist identified Jesus as the "Lamb of God." (John 1:35-41)

Yes - "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus." (Galatians 3:28)
No - "The women should keep silence in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be subordinate, as even the law says. If there is anything they desire to know, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church." (1 Corinthians 14:34-35)

Mary Magdalene, Mary mother of James, Joanna, and "the other women" (Luke 24:10)
42. When did they come?

43. When they got there, where was the stone that had been placed over the entrance to the tomb?

As the women watched, an angel descended and rolled away the stone and sat on it. (Matthew 28:2)

Jesus ascended to heaven on the night after the resurrection. (Luke 24:51; Mark 16:19) (Follow the sequence of events from the empty tomb to the ascension, and you'll see they all took place within the space of a single day.)

Yes - He told one of the robbers on the cross, "Truly I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise." (Luke 23:43)
No - After being killed,he would not rise until three days later. (Mark 8:31; 9:31; 10:34; Luke 18:33; 24:7) Also, Luke says in Acts that Jesus walked the earth for forty days after his crucifixion (Acts 1:3), so therefore could not have been with the crucified robber in paradise.

Yes - "Think not that I have come to abolish the law and the prophets; I have come not to abolish them but to fulfill them." (Matthew 5:17)
No - "Now we are discharged from the law, dead to that which held us captive, so that we serve not under the old written code but in the new life of the spirit." (Romans 7:6) Also see Ephesians 2:14-15.

But he tells the disciples: "He that is not against you is for you." (Luke 9:50)

No - Jesus was not descended from David in a physical manner, but was born of a virgin who was impregnated by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 1:35; Matthew 1:18)

No, he warned his disciples to "beware of the leaven of the Pharisees." (Mark 8:15)
Yes, he advised his followers to "practice and observe whatever they [the scribes and Pharisees] tell you." (Matthew 23:2-3)

No, Jesus was already in custody on the day of preparation for the Passover. (John 19:14)

Yes - "After this Jesus and his disciples went into the land of Judea; there he remained with them and baptized." (John 3:22)

Yes - "No one has ascended into heaven but he who descended from heaven, the Son of Man." (John 3:13)
No - Both Elijah (2 Kings 2:11) and Enoch (Genesis 5:24; Hebrews 11:5) ascended directly to heaven before Jesus.

No - "And the LORD was with Judah, and he took possession of the hill country, but he could not drive out the inhabitants of the plain, because they had chariots of iron." (Judges 1:19)
62. Upon visiting the empty tomb, did Mary Magdalene know what had been done with Jesus's body?

No - "They have taken the Lord out of the tomb, and we do not know where they have laid him." (John 20:2)
Yes - The angel at the tomb told her that "he has risen from the dead, and behold, he is going before you to Galilee." (Matthew 28:7)

64. After feeding the 5000, the disciples got into a boat and headed across the lake to what town?

Cammmmmmmpbell, everyone understands the concept of copy and paste. You can stop demonstrating it any time now.

When folks talk about the bible like it really makes some sense I ROTFL!!

There Are 42 Sins For Which One Could Be Put To Death In The Old Testament:

Murder - Gen. 9:6; Ex. 21:12-14,20,23; Lev. 24:17,21; Num. 35:16-34; Deut. 19.
Failing to circumcise - Gen. 17:14; Ex. 4:24,25.
Eating leavened bread during feast of unleavened bread - Ex.
2:15,19.
Smiting Parents- Ex. 21:15.
Kidnapping - Ex. 21:16; Deut. 24:7.
Cursing Parents - Ex. 21:17; Lev. 20:9.
Negligence with animals that kill - Ex. 21:28-32.
Witchcraft - Ex. 22:18.
Bestiality - Ex. 22:19; Lev. 18:23-29; 20:15,16.
Idolatry - Ex. 22:20.
Making holy anointing oil - Ex. 30:33.
Putting holy anointing oil on strangers - Ex. 30:33.
Making the holy perfume - Ex. 30:38.
Defiling the Sabbath - Ex. 31:14.
Working on the Sabbath - Ex. 35:2.
Eating the flesh of the peace offerings in
uncleanness - Lev. 7:20,21.
Eating the fat of sacrifices - Lev. 7:25.
Killing sacrifices other than at the door of the tabernacle - Lev. 17:1-9.
Eating blood - Lev. 17:10-14.
Incest - Lev. 18:6-29; 20:11-22.
Eating sacrifices at the wrong time - Lev. 19:5-8.
Consecration of children to idols - Lev. 20:1-5.
Spiritualism - Lev. 20:6,27.
Adultery - Lev. 20:10; Deut. 22:22-30.
Sodomy/Homosexuality - Lev. 20:13.
Relationship with a menstruous woman - Lev. 20:18.
Whoredom - Lev. 21:9; Deut. 22:21,22.
Sacrilege - Lev. 22:3.
Refusing to fast on day of atonement - Lev. 23:29.
Working on atonement - Lev. 23:30.
Blasphemy - Lev. 24:11-16.
Failure to keep the Passover - Num. 9:13.
Presumptuous - Num. 15:30,31.
Gathering firewood on the Sabbath - Num. 15:32,36.
Failure to purify self before worship - Num. 19:13,20.
False prophecy - Deut. 13:1-18; 18:20.
Leading men away from God - Deut. 13:6-18.
Stubbornness and rebelliousness - Deut. 21:18-23.
Gluttony - Deut. 21:20-23.
Drunkenness - Deut. 21:20-23.
Backbiting - Deut. 17:2-7.
False dreams and visions - Deut. 13:1-18.

In a small community (or when traveling with the Lord), any of those could seriously damage the community. It could deplete trust where trust was essential.

LMAO! Just put their arses out of their misery.

I am shocked, SHOCKED (NOT), that you do not understand basic survival.

Is that the one which carried the dinosaurs....just asking.
Far as I know Cammmpbell; you were not in the Ark. :lol:

They are not my stories.

NT Bible Contradictions

5. How should we pray?

6. How are we saved?

12. How did Judas die?

He hanged himself.

Simon of Cyrene.

35. Has anyone seen God?

42. When did they come?

.... will have eyes and still not see...., will have ears and still not hear....

Did you do this with the quran? Will you?

Cammmmmmmpbell is making a pathetic attempt to say that the Ark of the Covenant is in heaven because, according to the book of Revelation, it was seen there in a 'vision.' The Ark of the Covenant is far more important to Jews than it is to Christians. In fact, it is SO important to Jews, that I do not now and have never believed it was lost. I believe it is currently housed in a safe and guarded place which is not nor will ever be disclosed to any but a select and very trusted few.

Last edited:
They are not my stories.

NT Bible Contradictions

5. How should we pray?

6. How are we saved?

12. How did Judas die?

He hanged himself.

Simon of Cyrene.

35. Has anyone seen God?

42. When did they come?

Cammmmmmmpbell, everyone understands the concept of copy and paste. You can stop demonstrating it any time now.

I'd be fascinated if Christians actually understood anything. People who believe The universe was created in six days about 6000 years ago
Two naked teens and a snake in garden determined the eternal fate of the whole human race
There was a flood in which the water level reached a height of 29.000 ft and evaporated in a few weeks
Big fish puked up live men
Walls came tumbling at the sound of a trumpet
A virgin gave birth to the god of the universe
A man was able to walk on water
People were healed of leprosy by laying hands on them
Water was turned into fine wine
5000 hungry men plus women and children who also ate were fed with two fish and five loaves then 12 baskets of leftovers were collected
A man was hiung on a cross and bled like a hog only to show up two days later fit as a fiddle...............don't gain much credibility here

Last edited:

NT Bible Contradictions

5. How should we pray?

6. How are we saved?

12. How did Judas die?

He hanged himself.

Simon of Cyrene.

35. Has anyone seen God?

42. When did they come?

I'd be fascinated if Christians actually understood anything. People who believe The universe was created in six days about 6000 years ago
Two naked teens and a snake in garden determined the fate of the whole human race
There was a flood in which the water level reached a height of 29.000 ft and evaporated in a few weeks
5000 hungry men plus women and children who also ate were fed with two fish and five loaves then 12 baskets of leftovers were collected
A man was hiung on a cross and bled like a hog only to show up two days later fit as a fiddle...............don't gain much credibility here

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXRZ5c6I-vo]nobody cares what you think - YouTube[/ame]​

Two naked teens and a snake in garden determined the fate of the whole human race

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXRZ5c6I-vo]nobody cares what you think - YouTube[/ame]​

If you think I give a good goddam you've gotcher head where the sun don't shine!

NT Bible Contradictions

5. How should we pray?

6. How are we saved?

12. How did Judas die?

He hanged himself.

Simon of Cyrene.

35. Has anyone seen God?

42. When did they come?

Two naked teens and a snake in garden determined the eternal fate of the whole human race

And "you" BELIEVE:

life came from NOTHING
the planets and solar systems magically formed themselves
this planet is one of "many" that have life
aliens had some say in how we developed
mammals are actually the offspring (distantly of course) of amoeba
we are really from apes
we know bizzarre things happen, but it is just "imagination"
we are animals, but somehow developed a "moral" code indepent of any other species

Sorry, I think your "faith" is way stronger than mine. I "believe" that the same Being that explained how He made things came about, and has shown His power and ability to control the physical laws is way more believable than your "magic transformation".

That is probably more cultural developement than racist....

But the concern expressed in the OP was the marriage of a Christian to a non Christian. Which is an issue in the Christian faith. Who you marry is your choice. And if you choose to marry within your own faith and even your own race it doesn't make you a bigot. Also, there is no Constitutional mandate about who you may or may not befriend. Religious tolerance, as are the other enumerated things we must tolerate, is a Constitutional workplace and marketplace issue. In your own home, in your own marriage, and in your friendships you can do what you want. It doesn't mean you are a bigot. You are also not a bigot if you express concern about someone based upon a tenet of faith you both share.

I was answering the "short question".
:eusa_shhh:

I agree that, when it comes to marriage, one should be picky
:cool:

One should also be 'picky' when choosing friends. I would challenge anyone who doesn't believe that to cruise on down to the projects and bring home a couple of pimps and hos for their teenagers to be friends with.

Our Constitution guarantees us Freed of Association. Freedom of association - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BUT:

If a muslim wants to only marry and be friends with other muslims, he/she is not a bigot.

If a Jew wants only to marry and be friends with other Jews, he/seh is not a bigot. (And it's interesting because you aren't a Jew unless your mother is a Jew. They don't take chances.)

If a black person wants only to marry and be friends with other black people, he/she is not a bigot.

BUT.....

If a white Christian only wants to marry and be friends with other white Chrsitians, he/she is a bigot.

And all of the above is largely what's wrong with the concept of tolerance in this country.

Jesus didn't only associate with His disciples. In fact, His Apostles weren't always believers. Thomas had to be reassured on a daily basis.

Jesus hung out with the "pimps and hos", drunkards, lepers and any number of other "unclean" people.
Why can't we?
We're commanded to spread the Gospel. That's pretty hard to do when you stay within your own Christian circle.

:eusa_pray:

I was answering the "short question".
:eusa_shhh:

I agree that, when it comes to marriage, one should be picky
:cool:

One should also be 'picky' when choosing friends. I would challenge anyone who doesn't believe that to cruise on down to the projects and bring home a couple of pimps and hos for their teenagers to be friends with.

Our Constitution guarantees us Freed of Association. Freedom of association - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BUT:

If a muslim wants to only marry and be friends with other muslims, he/she is not a bigot.

If a Jew wants only to marry and be friends with other Jews, he/seh is not a bigot. (And it's interesting because you aren't a Jew unless your mother is a Jew. They don't take chances.)

If a black person wants only to marry and be friends with other black people, he/she is not a bigot.

BUT.....

If a white Christian only wants to marry and be friends with other white Chrsitians, he/she is a bigot.

And all of the above is largely what's wrong with the concept of tolerance in this country.

Jesus didn't only associate with His disciples. In fact, His Apostles weren't always believers. Thomas had to be reassured on a daily basis.

Jesus hung out with the "pimps and hos", drunkards, lepers and any number of other "unclean" people.
Why can't we?
We're commanded to spread the Gospel. That's pretty hard to do when you stay within your own Christian circle.

:eusa_pray:

So you bring project dwellers into your home to socialize with your children? Somehow, I really doubt it. I would bet at least a cyber dollar that you have cautioned your own children to hang out with their own kind.

Forum List

Back