Is Religion Racist?

I was answering the "short question".
:eusa_shhh:

I agree that, when it comes to marriage, one should be picky
:cool:

One should also be 'picky' when choosing friends. I would challenge anyone who doesn't believe that to cruise on down to the projects and bring home a couple of pimps and hos for their teenagers to be friends with.

Our Constitution guarantees us Freed of Association. Freedom of association - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BUT:

If a muslim wants to only marry and be friends with other muslims, he/she is not a bigot.

If a Jew wants only to marry and be friends with other Jews, he/seh is not a bigot. (And it's interesting because you aren't a Jew unless your mother is a Jew. They don't take chances.)

If a black person wants only to marry and be friends with other black people, he/she is not a bigot.

BUT.....

If a white Christian only wants to marry and be friends with other white Chrsitians, he/she is a bigot.

And all of the above is largely what's wrong with the concept of tolerance in this country.

The ACLU is suing a Christian for advertising on their church bulletin board for a Christian room mate.

There has been an update concerning tolerance in Israel. They really didn't take any chances. You KNOW who the mother of a child is.... Even Jesus is Jewish and related to King David through his mother.
The protocol for determining Jewish citizenship is being relaxed, possibly because of prophesy. In the end times God will seal < (incapable of being killed), 144,000 Messianic Jews from all 12 tribes, to spread the Word, and combat the heresy of the One World Church. If these are indeed the end times, those messianic Jews are in preparation mode now. And oddly, they are being given Jewish citizenship through their father's credentials. Prophesy is being fulfilled, that requires it be so.

Do you have a link to that ACLU thingy? I'd like to read it.

Well, with DNA testing, the 'rules' can be relaxed and still be persnickety.

Last edited:
One should also be 'picky' when choosing friends. I would challenge anyone who doesn't believe that to cruise on down to the projects and bring home a couple of pimps and hos for their teenagers to be friends with.

Our Constitution guarantees us Freed of Association. Freedom of association - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BUT:

If a muslim wants to only marry and be friends with other muslims, he/she is not a bigot.

If a Jew wants only to marry and be friends with other Jews, he/seh is not a bigot. (And it's interesting because you aren't a Jew unless your mother is a Jew. They don't take chances.)

If a black person wants only to marry and be friends with other black people, he/she is not a bigot.

BUT.....

If a white Christian only wants to marry and be friends with other white Chrsitians, he/she is a bigot.

And all of the above is largely what's wrong with the concept of tolerance in this country.

The ACLU is suing a Christian for advertising on their church bulletin board for a Christian room mate.

There has been an update concerning tolerance in Israel. They really didn't take any chances. You KNOW who the mother of a child is.... Even Jesus is Jewish and related to King David through his mother.
The protocol for determining Jewish citizenship is being relaxed, possibly because of prophesy. In the end times God will seal < (incapable of being killed), 144,000 Messianic Jews from all 12 tribes, to spread the Word, and combat the heresy of the One World Church. If these are indeed the end times, those messianic Jews are in preparation mode now. And oddly, they are being given Jewish citizenship through their father's credentials. Prophesy is being fulfilled, that requires it be so.

When folks talk about the bible like it really makes some sense I ROTFL!!

There Are 42 Sins For Which One Could Be Put To Death In The Old Testament:

Murder - Gen. 9:6; Ex. 21:12-14,20,23; Lev. 24:17,21; Num. 35:16-34; Deut. 19.
Failing to circumcise - Gen. 17:14; Ex. 4:24,25.
Eating leavened bread during feast of unleavened bread - Ex.
2:15,19.
Smiting Parents- Ex. 21:15.
Kidnapping - Ex. 21:16; Deut. 24:7.
Cursing Parents - Ex. 21:17; Lev. 20:9.
Negligence with animals that kill - Ex. 21:28-32.
Witchcraft - Ex. 22:18.
Bestiality - Ex. 22:19; Lev. 18:23-29; 20:15,16.
Idolatry - Ex. 22:20.
Making holy anointing oil - Ex. 30:33.
Putting holy anointing oil on strangers - Ex. 30:33.
Making the holy perfume - Ex. 30:38.
Defiling the Sabbath - Ex. 31:14.
Working on the Sabbath - Ex. 35:2.
Eating the flesh of the peace offerings in
uncleanness - Lev. 7:20,21.
Eating the fat of sacrifices - Lev. 7:25.
Killing sacrifices other than at the door of the tabernacle - Lev. 17:1-9.
Eating blood - Lev. 17:10-14.
Incest - Lev. 18:6-29; 20:11-22.
Eating sacrifices at the wrong time - Lev. 19:5-8.
Consecration of children to idols - Lev. 20:1-5.
Spiritualism - Lev. 20:6,27.
Adultery - Lev. 20:10; Deut. 22:22-30.
Sodomy/Homosexuality - Lev. 20:13.
Relationship with a menstruous woman - Lev. 20:18.
Whoredom - Lev. 21:9; Deut. 22:21,22.
Sacrilege - Lev. 22:3.
Refusing to fast on day of atonement - Lev. 23:29.
Working on atonement - Lev. 23:30.
Blasphemy - Lev. 24:11-16.
Failure to keep the Passover - Num. 9:13.
Presumptuous - Num. 15:30,31.
Gathering firewood on the Sabbath - Num. 15:32,36.
Failure to purify self before worship - Num. 19:13,20.
False prophecy - Deut. 13:1-18; 18:20.
Leading men away from God - Deut. 13:6-18.
Stubbornness and rebelliousness - Deut. 21:18-23.
Gluttony - Deut. 21:20-23.
Drunkenness - Deut. 21:20-23.
Backbiting - Deut. 17:2-7.
False dreams and visions - Deut. 13:1-18.

Last edited:
Saw this on the net...

"SHORT QUESTION: Are religious-intolerant remarks akin to a racist or sexist remarks?

LONG QUESTION: I was reading my local Sunday paper and came about an advice column. The person is seeking advice in response to a friend. They had been close growing up but had grown apart. The advice-seeker married a "nice Jewish boy" (her words) while her friend married an Evangelical Christian and became a missionary. I'm going off of the assumption that the advice-seeker is (or at least grew up as a) Christian too.

The friend sent the woman a book about accepting and living an evangelical lifestyle, and has been, over the years, expressed concerns about the woman's lifestyle (including marrying a non-Christian). The woman was writing in to ask advice on how to deal with the friend and what she should do about the book. At the end of her letter, she mentions that her teenage son "believe this is no different from a racist or sexist remark."

What do you think? Do you think this kind of religious intolerance is on the same level as sexism or racism? If the woman had married a man of a different race and the friend was concerned about her "lifestyle choices" that would clearly be racist but can the idea still apply when it comes to religion?"
thequestionclub: SHORT QUESTION: Are religious-intolerant

I think she should read the book, and then tell her friend what she thought about it as she gifts her friend with a book on the Jewish faith. They could both learn something.

Oh yeah ! You reserve the right to do ALL the above because you are not religious. :rolleyes: How many Christians were there when the above were written? And where in the post you responded to did I mention the Bible? DNA testing? In the Bible? LOL. You funny boah!

Last edited:

Oh yeah ! You reserve the right to do ALL the above because you are not religious. :rolleyes: How many Christians were there when the above were written?

The Jews don't believe the new testament...that's Jesus' book.

Here's some of that:

A virgin gave birth to the god of the universe

A man was able to walk on water

People were healed of leprosy by laying hands on them

Water was turned into fine wine

5000 hungry men plus women and children who also ate were fed with two fish and five loaves then 12 baskets of leftovers were collected

A man was hung on a cross and bled like a hog only to show up two days later fit as a fiddle

Oh yeah ! You reserve the right to do ALL the above because you are not religious. :rolleyes: How many Christians were there when the above were written?

Here's some of that:

5000 hungry men plus women and children who also ate were fed with two fish and five loaves then 12 baskets of leftovers were collected

A man was hung on a cross and bled like a hog only to show up two days later fit as a fiddle

You didn't answer my question.

I don't think there is enough information to "know" with this article. Did the woman that sent the book "know" the other was going thru some tough emotional trial due to her choices (was her son raised with morals, or allowed to "decide for himself", and thus in trouble). Did she sense a willingness to take a second look at Christianity?

I try hard to be Christian; I do a pretty bad job. I think that other religions are missing some of the things that Christianity teaches. That being said: I read an article where a man tried to "trap" the Dali Lama. He asked him directly which religion is the best: the Dali Lama replied, the religion that brings you closer to the truth. I could not agree, more.

I enjoy speaking with people of different faiths (Christian or otherwise). I find that I usually learn something about them, their faith, myself and my faith just out of a simple conversation. I believe that Satan tries to divide us and has introduced many faiths to the world. I believe the Lord has used that because people learn differently. Maybe one day we will reject the portions of religion that teach it is acceptable to condemn or do violence on people of other faiths, and look, instead, to the productivity and hapiness of those that follow particular faiths to decide. It would make it harder to manipulate "the followers".

Agreed, because there are many faiths that are very similar, even if they don't come from the same place.

The teachings in Judaic theology are closely reflected by the teachings of Tao.

The teachings of Yeshua (Jesus to you Christians) are pretty much what was taught in China by the Buddha.

My personal belief? God is too big to be contained by just one religion.

I think His Holiness the Dali Lama said it best when he was asked how many different religions should there be? His reply? As many as there are people on this earth, because we all understand God a little differently.

But............just like the story of the 7 blind men and the elephant, the ones that were touching the elephant only had 1 perspective of what it was. It was the guy sitting in the corner listening to all of them that was able to figure out it was an elephant.

Don't let just 1 perspective get you bogged down so much that you miss the big picture.

The teachings of Yeshua (Jesus to you Christians) are pretty much what was taught in China by the Buddha.

Oh brother, you're one of those... :rolleyes:

One of those what? When I was younger, due to being orphaned and put into foster care, I ended up attending several different churches that basically told me the place I'd left didn't talk about God right, so I had to believe as they did.

After a while, I decided that Christianity wasn't for me, and I'd need to find something else. Well, when I was 30, I met a friend of mine who happened to be a Taoist, and he taught me a bit about it, and afterwards, I got my own books and started to study myself.

Well, looking at things from a Taoist point of view helped me to see where the similarities were in all the different branches of Christianity, but they seemed to have the largest fights over their specific dogma. Also, on the last ship I served on, my roomie was the ship's Chaplain, and he and I would sit up late at night once in a while and talk theology. And yes, when I showed him what Buddha taught, he even acknowledged that what Jesus taught was pretty similar.

Then, when I turned 40, I met another friend who was into Judaic theology, and she and I would sit and talk long into the night about various things theological, and yes, what Judaic theology and what Tao teach are very similar.

But............if you close your mind off and acknowledge only 1 way of looking at God, you miss out on other attributes of Him.

One of those what? When I was younger, due to being orphaned and put into foster care, I ended up attending several different churches that basically told me the place I'd left didn't talk about God right, so I had to believe as they did.

After a while, I decided that Christianity wasn't for me, and I'd need to find something else. Well, when I was 30, I met a friend of mine who happened to be a Taoist, and he taught me a bit about it, and afterwards, I got my own books and started to study myself.

Well, looking at things from a Taoist point of view helped me to see where the similarities were in all the different branches of Christianity, but they seemed to have the largest fights over their specific dogma. Also, on the last ship I served on, my roomie was the ship's Chaplain, and he and I would sit up late at night once in a while and talk theology. And yes, when I showed him what Buddha taught, he even acknowledged that what Jesus taught was pretty similar.

Then, when I turned 40, I met another friend who was into Judaic theology, and she and I would sit and talk long into the night about various things theological, and yes, what Judaic theology and what Tao teach are very similar.

But............if you close your mind off and acknowledge only 1 way of looking at God, you miss out on other attributes of Him.

Jesus talked a lot about 'mysteries'.... There is some evidence that he also studied in the Egyptian Mystery Schools. There is a legend that he was 'initiated' in the Great Pyramid. The drill was to get in the sarcophagus and the priest would strike it 3 times with a tuning fork. When Jesus was in it a corner of the sarcophagus broke off when it was struck. According to the legend the initiation of Jesus was the last to take plase there.

khu06-Khufu-sarcophagus-01.png

Here's some of that:

You didn't answer my question.

Oh yeah I did....you just missed it. I'm a Jack and the Beanstalk man myself.

One of those what? .

One of those people who learns the slightest bit about other faiths and decides he is 'spiritual.' An entirely supreficial understanding of this or that faith leads to facile conclusions and comparisons that only serve to reveal a lack of more comprehensive understanding. Taoism is a favorite target of this type of self-important, superficial poseur.

P.S. The Buddha (Siddartha Gautama) never taught in China.

In a small community (or when traveling with the Lord), any of those could seriously damage the community. It could deplete trust where trust was essential.

In a small community (or when traveling with the Lord), any of those could seriously damage the community. It could deplete trust where trust was essential.

How many Christians were around when these things were written.

LMAO! Just put their arses out of their misery.

BUT:

BUT.....

Here you are:
Michigan Woman Faces Civil Rights Complaint For Seeking A Christian Roommate | Fox News

I don't know if the suit was dropped before or after the ACLU's got involved.

Forum List

Back