Is Religion Racist?

One should also be 'picky' when choosing friends. I would challenge anyone who doesn't believe that to cruise on down to the projects and bring home a couple of pimps and hos for their teenagers to be friends with.

Our Constitution guarantees us Freed of Association. Freedom of association - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BUT:

If a muslim wants to only marry and be friends with other muslims, he/she is not a bigot.

If a Jew wants only to marry and be friends with other Jews, he/seh is not a bigot. (And it's interesting because you aren't a Jew unless your mother is a Jew. They don't take chances.)

If a black person wants only to marry and be friends with other black people, he/she is not a bigot.

BUT.....

If a white Christian only wants to marry and be friends with other white Chrsitians, he/she is a bigot.

And all of the above is largely what's wrong with the concept of tolerance in this country.

Jesus didn't only associate with His disciples. In fact, His Apostles weren't always believers. Thomas had to be reassured on a daily basis.

Jesus hung out with the "pimps and hos", drunkards, lepers and any number of other "unclean" people.
Why can't we?
We're commanded to spread the Gospel. That's pretty hard to do when you stay within your own Christian circle.

:eusa_pray:

So you bring project dwellers into your home to socialize with your children? Somehow, I really doubt it. I would bet at least a cyber dollar that you have cautioned your own children to hang out with their own kind.

I've posted a similar story, on here somewhere, of when I have, in fact, brought a homeless "derelict" into my home (with all my kids and grandkids in attendance).

I must ask what you mean by "project dwellers" and "their own kind".
I've lived in the "projects" with people of all kinds.
Sounds 'bigoted' to me....

So you bring project dwellers into your home to socialize with your children? Somehow, I really doubt it. I would bet at least a cyber dollar that you have cautioned your own children to hang out with their own kind.

I've posted a similar story, on here somewhere, of when I have, in fact, brought a homeless "derelict" into my home (with all my kids and grandkids in attendance).

Take time to read some of Sunshines other posts and you will quickly see that she is a hard core racist and elitist that hates everyone who isn't exactly like her. :doubt:

Cammmmmmmpbell, everyone understands the concept of copy and paste. You can stop demonstrating it any time now.

I'd be fascinated if Christians actually understood anything. People who believe The universe was created in six days about 6000 years ago
Two naked teens and a snake in garden determined the eternal fate of the whole human race
There was a flood in which the water level reached a height of 29.000 ft and evaporated in a few weeks
Big fish puked up live men
Walls came tumbling at the sound of a trumpet
A virgin gave birth to the god of the universe
A man was able to walk on water
People were healed of leprosy by laying hands on them
Water was turned into fine wine
5000 hungry men plus women and children who also ate were fed with two fish and five loaves then 12 baskets of leftovers were collected
A man was hiung on a cross and bled like a hog only to show up two days later fit as a fiddle...............don't gain much credibility here

And "you" BELIEVE:

life came from NOTHING
the planets and solar systems magically formed themselves
this planet is one of "many" that have life
aliens had some say in how we developed
mammals are actually the offspring (distantly of course) of amoeba
we are really from apes
we know bizzarre things happen, but it is just "imagination"
we are animals, but somehow developed a "moral" code indepent of any other species

Sorry, I think your "faith" is way stronger than mine. I "believe" that the same Being that explained how He made things came about, and has shown His power and ability to control the physical laws is way more believable than your "magic transformation".

That is probably more cultural developement than racist....

This is what I believe. I'm a year older right now than he was when he died:

"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own--a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human fraility. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism. It is enough for me to contemplate the mystery of conscious life perpetuating itself through all eternity, to reflect upon the marvelous structure of the universe which we can dimly perceive, and to try humbly to comprehend even an infinitesimal part of the intelligence manifested in nature.

"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble minds. That deeply emotional conviction of the presence of a superior reasoning power, which is revealed in the incomprehensible universe, forms my idea of God." ~Dr. Albert Einstein~

Can you imagine a father that would correct and reward his child?

Yeah but you can't see him. That's where all religion originated....foolish people who imagined that there was a supreme god of all things who gave a phiddler's phuck how the animals on the earth lived their lives. Major Horse Shit! Same as talking snakes, falling walls and big fish puking up live men.

Take time to read some of Sunshines other posts and you will quickly see that she is a hard core racist and elitist that hates everyone who isn't exactly like her. :doubt:

Sadly, since Sunshine has replied a couple times since my response, I am tempted to believe you.

Is the absence of denial equal to admission, Sunshine?

What's with the "project" labeling? Is this code-speak for something?

It's hard to follow Jesus without trying to follow His example of loving and being available to all walks of life, regardless of perceived "station".

Sadly, since Sunshine has replied a couple times since my response, I am tempted to believe you.

It's hard to follow Jesus without trying to follow His example of loving and being available to all walks of life, regardless of perceived "station".

Yeah...according to his preaching most folks will burn in hell. Some god that punishes his own creatures in eternal flames for their mistakes.

Last edited:

Yeah...according to his preaching most folks will burn in hell. Some god that punishes his own creatures in eternal flames for their mistakes.

He's the God that loved us enough to supply propitiation for our mistakes. Our mistakes, and we don't even have to pay for them!!!
And it's guaranteed to keep his creatures out of hell, if His creatures want.

He's the God that loved us enough to supply propitiation for our mistakes. Our mistakes, and we don't even have to pay for them!!!

You're not going to hell and I'm not either. Death is dying...that's why they call it dead.

Do you also believe in Santa and the tooth fairy

You're not going to hell and I'm not either. Death is dying...that's why they call it dead.

According to Kubler-Ross, death is the final stage of growth. As to what happens after, no one has any facts, just beliefs. Including you.

According to Kubler-Ross, death is the final stage of growth. As to what happens after, no one has any facts, just beliefs. Including you.

Not quite....Jesus family and close friends made up a new version of the then 3000 year old lie about virgin birth, son of god, resurrection, savior of the world, etc. Think of the best night's sleep you ever got or anesthesia for surgery....that's what death is like. Children and fools believe the fairy tale.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back