Is needing or wanting to worshiping a God a human defect or benefit?

You can't have a relationship with something that doesn't exist.
I had an imaginary friend when I was a kid but I grew out of it. Just like I grew out of the god thing.

God does exist: He is The Great I Am--the Is, Was and Always will be. His son, Jesus Christ, died on the cross for our sins. Believing in Him, receiving/accepting Him as our Lord and Savior, repenting, establishing a relationship with Him etc gets us into Heaven. How sad for you that you won't be there.

Jesus said that those who believe in him will never die and that they could do even greater works than he did.

What are you waiting for to save the 10 million or so that will starve this year?

Show your faith and do your deeds or be seen as not believing at all.

Regards
DL

I had an imaginary friend when I was a kid but I grew out of it. Just like I grew out of the god thing.

God does exist: He is The Great I Am--the Is, Was and Always will be. His son, Jesus Christ, died on the cross for our sins. Believing in Him, receiving/accepting Him as our Lord and Savior, repenting, establishing a relationship with Him etc gets us into Heaven. How sad for you that you won't be there.

I'm not worried about it.

Heaven is a fairy tale for those too weak minded to deal with the fact that they will die.

Personally, I think it's sort of foolish to say (in a definitive way) that something "doesn't exist", given that no human has ever traveled much further past our moon (lol), and that distance covers literally an infinitely small patch of our Universe. Fact is, we have no clue what's out there. I personally think anything is possible.

Wouldn't it make more sense to simply say "I don't know"? Not calling you out or anything, just challenging your thinking.

If we cannot know, how is it that the religious all seem to know?

Regards
DL

Have no idea. I'd like to see a much more open and evolving approach to religion.

I certainly believe that a God might exist, but personally believe that it makes more sense to take on an “evolving” path to spirituality verses one that is set in stone, and was written down thousands of years ago by men just like yourself.

We, as a human race, have allowed ourselves to evolve in so many beneficial ways over the past 1,000 years; why should our approach to spirituality remain stagnant and unchanging?

Wouldn’t it make sense to leave the gates to that journey open, and say that the possibilities are endless (given that – at the end of the day – we really don’t know ANYTHING at all about this grand and mysterious universe)?

You sound like a good candidate for being a Gnostic Christian like myself.

Have a look at this clip that shows the way to apotheosis. It is not quite the method that worked for me but it is the closest that I have found.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdSVl_HOo8Y]1A Hidden Meanings In Bible - YouTube[/ame]

Regards
DL

We are born with a hole in our soul that only God can fill. Godless people are missing out on the joy of the relationship, comfort, security, and peace of mind that worshiping God/Jesus Christ brings.

Personally, I think it's sort of foolish to say (in a definitive way) that something "doesn't exist", given that no human has ever traveled much further past our moon (lol), and that distance covers literally an infinitely small patch of our Universe. Fact is, we have no clue what's out there. I personally think anything is possible.

Wouldn't it make more sense to simply say "I don't know"? Not calling you out or anything, just challenging your thinking.

Yeah the whole agnosticism is the only rational choice argument has merit.

But it seems wishy washy to me so I just go all in for the atheist argument.

If I'm wrong there's always Pascal's wager.

Regards
DL

Yeah, there is always a lack of symetry.

And god plays hide and go seek. He is everywhere, and yet nowhere.

It is simply a concept, developed by man, to organize individual and group understanding. It serves as the first philosophical attempt at individual psychology, societal law and socieconomic organization. Framing it as a "defect or a benefit" kinda misses the point.

Was the knife a benefit or a mistake? It depends on if it is in the hands of Julia Childs or Freddy Krugger.

Life isn't a science experiment, unfortunately.

Not to argue but if you watched that Eden clip, you will note that the king controlled the socioeconomic situation and not the God.

Unless you want God to have invented temple prostitution.

Quite the choice eh? :razz:

Regards
DL

Last edited:

Regards
DL

Have no idea. I'd like to see a much more open and evolving approach to religion.

Ditto.

I my sound like an atheist sometimes but I am not.

I do not have faith. Apotheosis has given me belief. I have no proof though.

You would lie this Bishop I think.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AfFcAmx-Ro&feature=relmfu]Controversial retired bishop John Spong on religion. full sh - YouTube[/ame]

Regards
DL

Maybe it is both?

It is a defect because we can't tell which god/religion is true or false on the face of it.

However it is a benefit because it helps us herd the sheep into obdient flocks for those that realize this simple fact.

Just remember--simple facts imply beliefs, establish truths.

Maybe it is both?

It is a defect because we can't tell which god/religion is true or false on the face of it.

However it is a benefit because it helps us herd the sheep into obdient flocks for those that realize this simple fact.

Just remember--simple facts imply beliefs, establish truths.

Sheep are good for fleecing and butchering.

That is why churches like them.

Regards
DL

Historically, I think it's been a tremendous benefit. Not sure how civilized societies could have developed without it. That said, I see no reason why we can't develop a more sophisticated understanding of religious phenomena.

We do have a more sophisticated understanding of religious phenomena. We recognize them as fantasy along with foolish beliefs in miracles and magic.

What benefits do see in history other than those of various religions killing each other for the supremacy of their invisible absentee Gods?

Regards
DL

I honestly regard that as a grossly un-sophisticated understanding. There's clearly something fundamental to human societies going on with religion. it seems foolish to dismiss that out of hand. Especially when so much of our culture has derived from it - up to and including scientific materialism.

Historically, I think it's been a tremendous benefit. Not sure how civilized societies could have developed without it. That said, I see no reason why we can't develop a more sophisticated understanding of religious phenomena.

We do have a more sophisticated understanding of religious phenomena. We recognize them as fantasy along with foolish beliefs in miracles and magic.

What benefits do see in history other than those of various religions killing each other for the supremacy of their invisible absentee Gods?

Regards
DL

I honestly regard that as a grossly un-sophisticated understanding. There's clearly something fundamental to human societies going on with religion. it seems foolish to dismiss that out of hand. Especially when so much of our culture has derived from it - up to and including scientific materialism.

Social manipulation and control is hardly sophisticated.

Your regard did not answer the question posed.

Your answer might give sophistication if you can fill the blanks that you elude to.

I will not ask again. Please make your point

Regards
DL

Last edited:

Regards
DL

Social manipulation and control is hardly sophisticated.

Your regard did not answer the question posed.

Your answer might give sophistication if you can fill the blanks that you elude to.

I will not ask again. Please make your point

Regards
DL

Nah. You don't really seem interested. No worries.

1--Why would God create you with a hole in your soul?
2--Why would he create you ill and demand that you be well?
3--I can appreciate how you would go for the self-serving and selfish joy of the relationship, comfort, security, and peace of mind that worshiping God/Jesus Christ brings, but cannot fathom why you would sell your soul to Satan for that warm fuzzy feeling.
4--You have to embrace barbaric and immoral human sacrifice and the notion that it is good to punish the innocent instead of the guilty to believe in your Jesus Christ.
5--God would not let those of such poor morals into heaven so enjoy all the things you name now because when you die, Satan will ask you; How was your ticket to heaven purchased? With innocent blood?..

1--So that you find your way back to Him. So you search for Him. For some it takes their whole lives. Some of us "get it" early.
2-- I was never ill.
3-- I sold my soul to no one. I GAVE my heart, soul, spirit, body (and everything else) to Jesus Christ. In return I get eternal life and a GLORIOUS life here on earth. I got the MUCH better end of the deal!
4-- Not true. I am a New Testament Born-Again Christian.
5-- My morals are like Jesus'. I am an angel! :eusa_angel: When I die I will go straight to Heaven to spend eternity with Jesus Christ/God. Satan will be frying in Hell with his kids.

I'm not worried about it.Heaven is a fairy tale for those too weak minded to deal with the fact that they will die.

You will be when you're on your deathbed. You'll be one of the losers who begs, pleads and bargains with God for salvation, Heaven, and eternal life. Unless you die suddenly. Then you will just go straight to Hell and have no chance to get a deathbed deliverance like so many liberal loons.
Heaven is real and is for God's kids.

:cuckoo::cuckoo: He told you did he?

Yep. In his handbook for everyday life aka The Bible.

Last edited:
Being born again does not negate that you will use Jesys as your scapegoat redeemer.

You have to embrace barbaric and immoral human sacrifice and the notion that it is good to punish the innocent instead of the guilty to believe in your Jesus Christ.

Your religion has corrupted your morals.

In reality, if God did demand such a barbaric sacrifice, he would be sinning.
He would know that barbaric human sacrifice is immoral.

You do too. Right?

Those with good morals will know that no noble and gracious God would demand the sacrifice of a so called son just to prove it's benevolence.

When you die, Satan will ask you; How was your ticket to heaven purchased? With innocent blood?

When you say yes, you become his.

Regards
DL

Being born again does not negate that you will use Jesys as your scapegoat redeemer...

You already posted the same crap. Doing it twice does not make it true. Master Christianity and then we can discuss your preposterous ideas/thoughts. Sheesh... :cuckoo:

Being born again does not negate that you will use Jesys as your scapegoat redeemer...

You already posted the same crap. Doing it twice does not make it true. Master Christianity and then we can discuss your preposterous ideas/thoughts. Sheesh... :cuckoo:

I will let deluded fools master fantasy, miracles and magic.

Enjoy your delusions and follow your genocidal son murdering God.
He will lead you straight to hell.

Regards
DL

I will let deluded fools master fantasy, miracles and magic.

Enjoy your delusions and follow your genocidal son murdering God.
He will lead you straight to hell.

Regards
DL

Why type of person anyway would find the specious promise that they could escape the consequences for their own actions as long as they were OK with Jesus being tortured and killed instead morally acceptable or even tempting?

If Jesus ever actually shows up I'm sure he will be extremely impressed by their love for him.......

Last edited:
Now why would a God want to humble his greatest creation?

God would have to want to humble me and as I said, God has no wants or needs.

Regards
DL

You won't be able to keep your flesh from dying according to our Creator's plan.

Who need flesh after death. Go away fool and stop following me all over the place.

Regards
DL

The only way we can experience information is by having a body with a processor to process information into information we can understand, which is happening in this world. The body contains a brain (processor, which is also made up of information) to process other information to give us defined worlds to experience. Information without being processed into understandable information cannot be experienced. Just ask any 0's and 1's in a binary computer code.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back