Is needing or wanting to worshiping a God a human defect or benefit?

GreatestIam

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2012
Is needing or wanting to worshiping a God a human defect or benefit?

Gods have no needs or wants that man can assuage. Gods are said to be so high above us that for any God to have such a need would be like man craving the adoration of germs.

I see us as just as foolish as germs and the creatures shown in this clip as we act the same way.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4a_uwyY_H4]MIB2 All Hail J - YouTube[/ame]

I can see where at one time it would have been profitable to bend the knee to King/Gods as in the original archetype city states, as used in the original Eden myth written by the Jews, but not today.

That myth I think was written of the following reality.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ9cvYB7Tes]Bible's Buried Secrets (BBC) Ep.3: The real garden of Eden (1/4) - YouTube[/ame]

Our present secular systems of governance have bested the Gods in the moral and legal senses and only the really right wing theists would want to live under the laws of the old barbaric Gods.

I am not an atheist and seek God to appease what I recognize as my spiritual side. But not to bend the knee or adore; just to improve any defect in my thinking; if I have one.

I know that there are way more followers out there than leaders but cannot fathom why someone would want to lower themselves to adore even a God unless it is strictly as a self-serving action that we hope God will recognize and reward.

That is hardly being good for goodness sake. God would know and send such hypocrites to hell. Which scriptures say is where the vast majority of us will end up regardless.

That means that you, even if you pray daily and hard, are likely going to hell along with most of those you know. In a sense, you should feel sorry for those few who make it to heaven as they must spend eternity watching their loved ones in purposeless torture. That would drive any moral person insane.

Gods have no needs or wants and has no rewards to give in exchange for what Gods have no need or want of.

The Godhead I know certainly disavows such a need or want.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkT1-N0VqUc]What Does God Need With a Starship? - YouTube[/ame]

Why then, if you are a believer, do you need or want to worship a God if not for the reward you think it will bring you?

Is your need to adore a God a defect or benefit?

Regards
DL

It's obvious you've never been humbled by our Creator.

Now why would a God want to humble his greatest creation?

God would have to want to humble me and as I said, God has no wants or needs.

Regards
DL

We are born with a hole in our soul that only God can fill. Godless people are missing out on the joy of the relationship, comfort, security, and peace of mind that worshiping God/Jesus Christ brings.

We are born with a hole in our soul that only God can fill. Godless people are missing out on the joy of the relationship, comfort, security, and peace of mind that worshiping God/Jesus Christ brings.

You can't have a relationship with something that doesn't exist.

I had an imaginary friend when I was a kid but I grew out of it. Just like I grew out of the god thing.

There's no such thing as a hole in a soul. The soul of a man contains false information that makes him believe in it rather than understanding who he truly is in our Creator's thoughts.

Historically, I think it's been a tremendous benefit. Not sure how civilized societies could have developed without it. That said, I see no reason why we can't develop a more sophisticated understanding of religious phenomena.

I had an imaginary friend when I was a kid but I grew out of it. Just like I grew out of the god thing.

All religions were used by our Creator to keep men focused on this world instead of knowing what energy was about. Not even scientists understand energy, yet, but the last saint does.

Historically, I think it's been a tremendous benefit. Not sure how civilized societies could have developed without it. That said, I see no reason why we can't develop a more sophisticated understanding of religious phenomena.

You should be a king in a religious kingdom.

Personally, I think it's sort of foolish to say (in a definitive way) that something "doesn't exist", given that no human has ever traveled much further past our moon (lol), and that distance covers literally an infinitely small patch of our Universe. Fact is, we have no clue what's out there. I personally think anything is possible.

Wouldn't it make more sense to simply say "I don't know"? Not calling you out or anything, just challenging your thinking.

God does exist: He is The Great I Am--the Is, Was and Always will be. His son, Jesus Christ, died on the cross for our sins. Believing in Him, receiving/accepting Him as our Lord and Savior, repenting, establishing a relationship with Him etc gets us into Heaven. How sad for you that you won't be there.

God does exist: He is The Great I Am--the Is, Was and Always will be. His son, Jesus Christ, died on the cross for our sins. Believing in Him, receiving/accepting Him as our Lord and Savior, repenting, establishing a relationship with Him etc gets us into Heaven. How sad for you that you won't be there.

And you're a religious liar who believes in the Roman religious fairy tales.

I certainly believe that a God might exist, but personally believe that it makes more sense to take on an “evolving” path to spirituality verses one that is set in stone, and was written down thousands of years ago by men just like yourself.

We, as a human race, have allowed ourselves to evolve in so many beneficial ways over the past 1,000 years; why should our approach to spirituality remain stagnant and unchanging?

Wouldn’t it make sense to leave the gates to that journey open, and say that the possibilities are endless (given that – at the end of the day – we really don’t know ANYTHING at all about this grand and mysterious universe)?

Last edited:
It is simply a concept, developed by man, to organize individual and group understanding. It serves as the first philosophical attempt at individual psychology, societal law and socieconomic organization. Framing it as a "defect or a benefit" kinda misses the point.

Was the knife a benefit or a mistake? It depends on if it is in the hands of Julia Childs or Freddy Krugger.

Life isn't a science experiment, unfortunately.

Why would God create you with a hole in your soul?
Why would he create you ill and demand that you be well?

I can appreciate how you would go for the self-serving and selfish joy of the relationship, comfort, security, and peace of mind that worshiping God/Jesus Christ brings, but cannot fathom why you would sell your soul to Satan for that warm fuzzy feeling.

You have to embrace barbaric and immoral human sacrifice and the notion that it is good to punish the innocent instead of the guilty to believe in your Jesus Christ.

God would not let those of such poor morals into heaven so enjoy all the things you name now because when you die, Satan will ask you; How was your ticket to heaven purchased? With innocent blood?

When you say yes, you become his.

Regards
DL

We do have a more sophisticated understanding of religious phenomena. We recognize them as fantasy along with foolish beliefs in miracles and magic.

What benefits do see in history other than those of various religions killing each other for the supremacy of their invisible absentee Gods?

Regards
DL

Personally, I think it's sort of foolish to say (in a definitive way) that something "doesn't exist", given that no human has ever traveled much further past our moon (lol), and that distance covers literally an infinitely small patch of our Universe. Fact is, we have no clue what's out there. I personally think anything is possible.

Wouldn't it make more sense to simply say "I don't know"? Not calling you out or anything, just challenging your thinking.

If we cannot know, how is it that the religious all seem to know?

Regards
DL

Forum List

Back