Is it "racist" for this candidate to 'use' his own family?

I don't know that it is either. For as long as I can remember, candidates have always run advertisements with their families in them. How better to establish those "family values" credentials? Because de Blasio is married to a Black woman he should skip this aspect of campaigning? His family should be cloistered until after the election or he's a racist? He's pandering? I don't think so...

Of course Bloomberg is less than happy with the new role de Blasio has found as frontrunner, he's supposedly supporting Quinn. He's got to say something to tear down the opponent.

Furthermore, were Weiner not so repugnant and reprehensible a human being and had he not imploded for his lack of self control (look for him to be in divorce court before too long), Bloomberg would be tearing him down and none of us would no the name de Blasio...

Last edited:
Yes it's racist, but this is the "good" racism

JMO, I don't think it's pandering. If anything, it is probably running a smart, although risky campaign. Even though his family does not "look like", the typical American family, he is being proactive by being open, and publically being upfront by letting his wife be a partner in the campaign process as opposed to letting the vultures in the media strip search his family history.

His families "diversity" obviously gives him some crossover appeal, and there is nothing racist about using it to his advantage.

Romney used his own family. All the way up until he was asked why none of his five sons enlisted for Iraq when they all supported that fiasco so strongly. Then, suddenly, they were "off limits". How do Republicans explain that? Hmmm?

Romney used his own family. All the way up until he was asked why none of his five sons enlisted for Iraq when they all supported that fiasco so strongly. Then, suddenly, they were "off limits". How do Republicans explain that? Hmmm?

I don't recall them being "off limits," just not readily available...

You seriously think Bloomberg is a real Republican?

This is what republicans do.

Anybody who is actually anti-racist they calim them to be racist.

This is George Orwell stuff.

He really showed his ass on this one.
Mayor Bloomberg: Bill de Blasio?s campaign is ?racist? - NY Daily News

Why is it that you self-proclaimed anti-racist always brings up race?

Why do you raciss call ant-racists, racists? You are just like Bloomberg.

I call them like I see them and knowing that most liberals are Democrats, you know the people that created the KKK, didn't allow blacks to their convention until 1921....etc...

The Democrat Party's Long and Shameful History of Bigotry and Racism

I call them like I see them and knowing that most liberals are Democrats, you know the people that created the KKK, didn't allow blacks to their convention until 1921....etc...

That was then. This is now. Get it?

Yes I get it. The racist of the past are still the racist of today.

Indeed. Don't the same critics of the progress of black Americans in this country also say that "after 40 years of preferential treatment" that blacks need to "get over it?"

Now we have the "Democrat card".

So many opinions.. And not enough blacks....you would think that such a small minority would not generate so much attention from a majority.
:confused:

Last edited:

KKK Disbands Claiming GOP Has Co-opted All Of Their Ideas

They may have started with the Democratic Party, but we know where they live now. And it's 90% lily white. Just as white as a "Saltine".

saltine1.jpg

Forum List

Back