Zone1 Is it okay for a man to strike a woman back under these circumstances?

This is a short video, so you can watch it till the end. Not watching it to the end will not give context.
In this video this woman smacked this man - hard - and then he provides her the "opportunity" (depending on how you see it)
to apologize for hitting him.
She doesn't. And he hits her back (open hand - about as hard as she hit him)
What say you?

As for me, I was in a similar situation about 35 years ago. A former girlfriend was angry with me because I refused to take her to a party after a concert we went to. She proceeded to start smacking me like a drum. And hard.
I did not hit her back, but I grabbed hold of her and threw her 3-4 feet in the air to get her away from me. At that point, she was smart enough to stop. So my answer would be no. I do not believe a man should hit a woman, even if he hits her.

Depends on some factors:
1. Does she have a gun with her?
2. Does she have a knife or other weapon with her?
3. Is she hitting you with a baseball bat?
4. Is she throwing frying pans at you?
5. Is she a black belt in martial arts and you aren’t?

Other than that, restraining her is the better approach. Then talking her down.

If you let a chick beat the shit out of you, you deserve it.
"saying NEVER to hit a woman" is bullshit and you know it.
But you forgot the Trans woman , Dylan the Man Mulvaney the Woman
and one of our top military is now a --- well you tell me. If you hit this person are you hitting a woman

4-STAR ADMIRAL
1705339266952.png

Nothing racist about my comment.We Natives don’t believe in hitting women. Since you don’t have a problem with I assume you are white.
You are half right. You know what the first part of assume is, and that would be you. And then you try to deny your comment by playing a minority card. Lame even for you.

This is a short video, so you can watch it till the end. Not watching it to the end will not give context.
In this video this woman smacked this man - hard - and then he provides her the "opportunity" (depending on how you see it)
to apologize for hitting him.
She doesn't. And he hits her back (open hand - about as hard as she hit him)
What say you?

As for me, I was in a similar situation about 35 years ago. A former girlfriend was angry with me because I refused to take her to a party after a concert we went to. She proceeded to start smacking me like a drum. And hard.
I did not hit her back, but I grabbed hold of her and threw her 3-4 feet in the air to get her away from me. At that point, she was smart enough to stop. So my answer would be no. I do not believe a man should hit a woman, even if he hits her.

People should not hit each other period. The woman was out of line. The guy was out of line. The guy's girl friend was out of line. Hard to say what led up to the confrontation but apparently he said something insulting to her just before she slapped him. It appears she accused him of taking her phone and it appears the phone dropped when he hit her? Or did he hit her with the phone? I can't tell from the video.

If either party sued for assault and battery it would be interesting to sit in on the court hearing or trial. :)

Depends on some factors:
1. Does she have a gun with her?
2. Does she have a knife or other weapon with her?
3. Is she hitting you with a baseball bat?
4. Is she throwing frying pans at you?
5. Is she a black belt in martial arts and you aren’t?

Other than that, restraining her is the better approach. Then talking her down.
Just walk away.

Just walk away.
With her having a gun? Swinging a bat? I think that’s what happened to Tiger Woods? How did that work out? There will be times that require it. Have you seen what a gang of girls can do? Other than that, either walk away or hold on and calm them down.

With her having a gun? Swinging a bat? I think that’s what happened to Tiger Woods? How did that work out? There will be times that require it. Have you seen what a gang of girls can do? Other than that, either walk away or hold on and calm them down.
You're grasping. The OP fields the question "Is is OK for a man to strike a woman back under these circumstances." Nothing said about guns, knives, bb bats, etc. Under the circumstances of the video, walking away is not an option, but hailing the flight attendant is. Anything else, in MOST circumstances, a thinking person can see violence escalating and should just walk away before it gets to that point. There are exceptions, but not many.

You're grasping. The OP fields the question "Is is OK for a man to strike a woman back under these circumstances." Nothing said about guns, knives, bb bats, etc. Under the circumstances of the video, walking away is not an option, but hailing the flight attendant is. Anything else, in MOST circumstances, a thinking person can see violence escalating and should just walk away before it gets to that point. There are exceptions, but not many.
So, what are the exceptions? You said there weren’t any in this circumstance.
Your statement that “any thinking man” is showing you haven’t been in an altercation. Where emotions get the adrenaline ramped up, heart racing and tunnel vision happens.

So, what are the exceptions? You said there weren’t any in this circumstance.
Your statement that “any thinking man” is showing you haven’t been in an altercation. Where emotions get the adrenaline ramped up, heart racing and tunnel vision happens.
Courts seldom will give you a free ride in an altercation because of adrenaline. In the OPs example, it wasn't an option because there was no place for him to walk away to. In that case you get the accepted authorities to handle it. If you are trying to say he was justified in slapping this moron, I disagree. It was a slap. He should have let the flight crew handle it. If he had been in a dark alley and been assaulted by weapons or in fear of his life or safety, all bets are off, waste her. That wasn't the case in this example.

Courts seldom will give you a free ride in an altercation because of adrenaline. In the OPs example, it wasn't an option because there was no place for him to walk away to. In that case you get the accepted authorities to handle it. If you are trying to say he was justified in slapping this moron, I disagree. It was a slap. He should have let the flight crew handle it. If he had been in a dark alley and been assaulted by weapons or in fear of his life or safety, all bets are off, waste her. That wasn't the case in this example.
How is he expected to know if she was armed, even if only with martial arts training?

Most of your next to last sentence is correct. I was trained in the military that if you are attack, defend yourself. I got thru a war with that training.

Last edited:
Also, stop and think. In the old west. prisoners feared being captured and turned over to the women of the capturing tribe. Why does anyone think that is?

Most of your next to last sentence is correct. I was trained in the military that if you are attack, defend yourself. I got thru a war with that training.

As did I. I think you might spend some time in lock up if you were in the enlisted club and you smacked a woman after she slapped you. Wars and an ill advised slap to the face can hardly be compared. Are you looking for an excuse to slap a woman around?

It was an equal response. He showed restraint but the bag lady decided to continue to be a jerk. The slap was an equal response. Yet, she still didn't back down. And yes, the employees of the airline should have stepped in. Where were they? Hiding in the back somewhere I'm sure. Where were the good Samaritans stepping in as well? Usually there's a U.S. Marshall on board as well.

As did I. I think you might spend some time in lock up if you were in the enlisted club and you smacked a woman after she slapped you. Wars and an ill advised slap to the face can hardly be compared. Are you looking for an excuse to slap a woman around?
If a woman decvides that she is free to slap me, I don't need a reason to respond. She attacked me and I have the right to respond in a manner that stops her. End of story.

Forum List

Back