Is it a man's "right" to beat the sh!t out of his wife?

Oh come on we all watch Cops ie domestic abuse cases...those are not hot beds of republican households....

Nowadays that may be the case that the cops will file the charges regardless of whether or not the spouse wants them filed, but, I can also tell you that it hasn't always been that way.

Many times, abused women are so ashamed of what happened that they try to cover it up. Sometimes, it's because they are financially dependent on the husband. Sometimes it's a combination of both with some other things thrown in.

I know that for the 3 years of hell that I went through watching my stepfather beat my mother and myself and my sister, there was a couple of times that the police were called, but my stepfather convinced my mother to not press charges and the police would leave. She ended up leaving him thank God.

Your story doesn't make every man guilty.
You are absolutely correct. But did he say they were?

'Submit to your husbands': Women told to endure domestic violence in the name of God
By Julia Baird with Hayley Gleeson
Illustrations by Rocco Fazzari

'Submit to your husbands': Women told to endure domestic violence in the name of God

i will expect you to try the lame excuse that the article is from australia & therefore doesn't apply to this country.... however, denominations practice the same wherever they are located.
Updated January 23, 2018 17:15:56

Research shows that the men most likely to abuse their wives are evangelical Christians who attend church sporadically*. Church leaders in Australia say they abhor abuse of any kind. But advocates say the church is not just failing to sufficiently address domestic violence, it is both enabling and concealing it.

All you prove is guys who go to church beat their wives...jesus where I live it's the capital of Jesus Ville United States ( a damn church on every block) and also home to the most wife beaters..

You didn't prove any Christian sect approves of it today.

oh good god- i never said they approve of it. just the higher up look the other way.... (you know- like child diddling by priests.) it happens. & it's more likely to happen in a fundie religion where divorce is forbidden.

I see you googled it real fast (like I just did)

I wonder why all the top hits on domestic abuse coming from Australian sites?

That's weird...

Exposing the darkness within: Domestic violence and Islam - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

actually i got different hits other than australia.

My top 8 where all Australia for some reason

This is interesting also

I am trying to find just the US , I remember seeing billboards a few years ago saying the state I live in now is the wife beater capital of america. ( south Carolina)

View attachment 176569

i specifically looked for the religious aspect in my other post. this one is a link depicting domestic violence occurring in the US without regards to religion. it contains a link for stats in all 50 states

NCADV | National Coalition Against Domestic Violence

All you prove is guys who go to church beat their wives...jesus where I live it's the capital of Jesus Ville United States ( a damn church on every block) and also home to the most wife beaters..

You didn't prove any Christian sect approves of it today.

oh good god- i never said they approve of it. just the higher up look the other way.... (you know- like child diddling by priests.) it happens. & it's more likely to happen in a fundie religion where divorce is forbidden.

I see you googled it real fast (like I just did)

I wonder why all the top hits on domestic abuse coming from Australian sites?

That's weird...

Exposing the darkness within: Domestic violence and Islam - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

actually i got different hits other than australia.

My top 8 where all Australia for some reason

This is interesting also

I am trying to find just the US , I remember seeing billboards a few years ago saying the state I live in now is the wife beater capital of america. ( south Carolina)

View attachment 176569

i specifically looked for the religious aspect in my other post. this one is a link depicting domestic violence occurring in the US without regards to religion. it contains a link for stats in all 50 states

NCADV | National Coalition Against Domestic Violence

How in the heck is 1 in 71 men raped?

Huh?

• Almost half of female (46.7%) and male (44.9%) victims of rape in the United States were raped by an acquaintance. Of these, 45.4% of female rape victims and 29% of male rape victims were raped by an intimate partner.11

Oh come on we all watch Cops ie domestic abuse cases...those are not hot beds of republican households....

Nowadays that may be the case that the cops will file the charges regardless of whether or not the spouse wants them filed, but, I can also tell you that it hasn't always been that way.

Many times, abused women are so ashamed of what happened that they try to cover it up. Sometimes, it's because they are financially dependent on the husband. Sometimes it's a combination of both with some other things thrown in.

I know that for the 3 years of hell that I went through watching my stepfather beat my mother and myself and my sister, there was a couple of times that the police were called, but my stepfather convinced my mother to not press charges and the police would leave. She ended up leaving him thank God.

Your story doesn't make every man guilty.
You are absolutely correct. But did he say they were?

Then what was the point of his sob story?

No one defended Rob Porter for beating his wife.

Is wife beating a crime in which due process can be denied?

Only for cowardly men. Trump and many Republicans fit this description well.

NFL... 10,000+ grossly overpaid Democrats

you can't be on the team unless you beat "yo hoe's" and kick yo dogs, on a regular basis....
AND kneel for the National Anthem.....

Yep....all those Right Wingers kneeling for the National Anthem and beating their Hoe's

Last edited:
When Donald Trump and other Republicans defend Rob Porter they are defending his right to beat the sh!t out of his wife. Is this something that is allowed across the entire Republican Party of just at the Trump White House?

The White House has repeatedly lied about Rob Porter. Here's a timeline - CNNPolitics

One Week Into The Rob Porter Saga, The White House Is A Train Wreck

White House still can't get story straight on Rob Porter

They are defending due process you moron.

Assault can be anything from a slight touch while arguing to full out physical attack. As soon as you are assaulted you should report it right away because the 'crime scene' will probably be full of clues, maybe even witnesses for investigators to gather evidence from. Proving an assault after a long time can be very difficult.

One would think that women, in this day and age, would report any assault and work with law enforcement to nail the perp right away while the evidence is fresh. I fully acknowledge that some men are beasts. But then some women are bitches. Luckily, most men and women are neither. However, both can batter yet, our judicial system always sides with the woman, even though we are told that women are equal to men.

When Donald Trump and other Republicans defend Rob Porter they are defending his right to beat the sh!t out of his wife. Is this something that is allowed across the entire Republican Party of just at the Trump White House?

The White House has repeatedly lied about Rob Porter. Here's a timeline - CNNPolitics

One Week Into The Rob Porter Saga, The White House Is A Train Wreck

White House still can't get story straight on Rob Porter

I'm a johnny come lately on this thread, so bear with me for a moment.

This issue is more political than realistic.

In any relationship there has to be a leader. If two people live together than one must set the tone for how that household is to be run.

In our society, the country was founded primarily by Christians. And, so, their concept of who the family leader is comes down to it being the man. In both Christianity and Islam, it is undisputed. The man is the head of the household.

When a household isn't functioning, society as well as government officials look to the man first and ask why he isn't doing something about whatever is going wrong.

Now, despite that, society is now telling women they have all this power, so they think they are now in charge of the family unit and that government serves as their personal bulldog if the husband doesn't do what she wants. It is total chaos and the blame belongs on the backs of government. Just as the government has told kids they don't have to obey their parents, they are telling women the same thing in regard to the husband in his relationship.

While it would be hard to make a case for violence, it is highly dishonest to simply place the blame at the hands of men. Government is doing all it can to wreak havoc on the family unit, take away the man's duty to lead his household, and emasculate the male.

In short, I think you might be asking the wrong question. Shouldn't we be looking at why there is so much "violence" (and even a verbal argument becomes a criminal act in this over-reach) and address the issues that cause the problems in the first place. If the government had the right answer, millions upon millions of people would not be in abusive relationships. Maybe if we ask the right questions, society can address this without incompetent politicians and over-zealous LEOs.

Have you noticed most Republicans reply: but they do it in other countries - or something similar?

What does that tell you?

So was Porter Moored, which is when Progressives encourage people to file false charges?

Because of the nature of the complaints, it would seem to me that the allegations are true. One glaring reason is that the girlfriend wasn't abused. She noticed behavior that rang bells so she contacted an ex wife and her suspicions were confirmed. She escaped before she was abused.

Now that Porter had been outed as an abuser, what next? Is there are crime? No. Like MOST women, the ex wives are unwilling to take it that far. Is this an offense bearing on his performance? Obviously not because everyone agrees he did an extremely good job. So what's the punishment, the solution?

If it were me, I would send the guy for psychiatric counseling and not fire him.

So was Porter Moored, which is when Progressives encourage people to file false charges?

Because of the nature of the complaints, it would seem to me that the allegations are true. One glaring reason is that the girlfriend wasn't abused. She noticed behavior that rang bells so she contacted an ex wife and her suspicions were confirmed. She escaped before she was abused.

Now that Porter had been outed as an abuser, what next? Is there are crime? No. Like MOST women, the ex wives are unwilling to take it that far. Is this an offense bearing on his performance? Obviously not because everyone agrees he did an extremely good job. So what's the punishment, the solution?

If it were me, I would send the guy for psychiatric counseling and not fire him.

bullshit. have HIM be the coffee boy then. he shouldn't be allowed to be anywhere near classified info without a security clearance. your god damn president has put this country at risk in so many ways.

bullshit. have HIM be the coffee boy then. he shouldn't be allowed to be anywhere near classified info without a security clearance. your god damn president has put this country at risk in so many ways.

You know, if he was in the military and this came up, his clearance would have been denied and he would have been placed in a non classified job.

You know, if he was in the military and this came up, his clearance would have been denied and he would have been placed in a non classified job.

trump was warned about flynn being compromised by the russians. that he wasn't to be trusted. & what does he do? makes the guy his national security advisor.

trump is the biggest domestic threat we have ever seen.

trump was warned about flynn being compromised by the russians. that he wasn't to be trusted. & what does he do? makes the guy his national security advisor.

trump is the biggest domestic threat we have ever seen.

Trump apparently still doesn't understand that there is a difference between being a private citizen and CEO of your own company and being president.

As a private citizen, what he's doing would be considered perfectly acceptable. You don't have to be careful of your words or your actions because you can generally deny or cover up things.

As a president? EVERYTHING you say and do is recorded by the media and reported on. Even if it is in your past, because people want to know what their president is all about.

Trump still hasn't grasped that concept apparently. And, he's shown repeatedly that he has zero clue about how things are done in the government, especially when it comes to security clearances.

y. And, he's shown repeatedly that he has zero clue about how things are done in the government,
Because the government, what with all their fancy "rules" and "laws" and "regulations" and "smart people that make Trump feel stupid" has always been Trump's enemy.

Forum List

Back