Is it a man's "right" to beat the sh!t out of his wife?

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017
shutterstock_141604777-300x182.jpg

There are many men out there who will say they are just enforcing "discipline", because he wants his woman and kids to act right.

I had a stepfather like that. From the age of 5 to 8, I got my ass kicked on a weekly basis to the point of bloody noses and black eyes and bruises on my body. Why did that happen? Because I knew that if I got in between my mother and my stepfather, I would get his attention and he would leave my mother alone while he beat me.

No. It is NEVER acceptable to beat your spouse, be they your wife OR your husband.

When Donald Trump and other Republicans defend Rob Porter they are defending his right to beat the sh!t out of his wife. Is this something that is allowed across the entire Republican Party of just at the Trump White House?

The White House has repeatedly lied about Rob Porter. Here's a timeline - CNNPolitics

One Week Into The Rob Porter Saga, The White House Is A Train Wreck

White House still can't get story straight on Rob Porter

Do you have a link to court documents convicting Porter of spousal abuse?

Oh come on we all watch Cops ie domestic abuse cases...those are not hot beds of republican households....

Oh come on we all watch Cops ie domestic abuse cases...those are not hot beds of republican households....

Nowadays that may be the case that the cops will file the charges regardless of whether or not the spouse wants them filed, but, I can also tell you that it hasn't always been that way.

Many times, abused women are so ashamed of what happened that they try to cover it up. Sometimes, it's because they are financially dependent on the husband. Sometimes it's a combination of both with some other things thrown in.

I know that for the 3 years of hell that I went through watching my stepfather beat my mother and myself and my sister, there was a couple of times that the police were called, but my stepfather convinced my mother to not press charges and the police would leave. She ended up leaving him thank God.

Nowadays that may be the case that the cops will file the charges regardless of whether or not the spouse wants them filed, but, I can also tell you that it hasn't always been that way.

Many times, abused women are so ashamed of what happened that they try to cover it up. Sometimes, it's because they are financially dependent on the husband. Sometimes it's a combination of both with some other things thrown in.

I know that for the 3 years of hell that I went through watching my stepfather beat my mother and myself and my sister, there was a couple of times that the police were called, but my stepfather convinced my mother to not press charges and the police would leave. She ended up leaving him thank God.

Your story doesn't make every man guilty.

Your story doesn't make every man guilty.

Never said it meant that every man was guilty. However, I know that it happened to me, and I've had friends who also experienced the same thing that I did.

I'm just saying that even in cases where spousal abuse actually happens (and I lived through it), there are times where the police turn a blind eye.

Just because the woman with a black eye didn't file charges, doesn't mean that it didn't happen like she said. My mother suffered broken noses and black eyes many times at the hands of my stepfather, as did I and my sister, but he never went to jail.

The reason she finally decided to leave? Because my stepfather beat me so badly with a belt buckle that I was unable to go to school for a week.

Forum List

Back