Is God Punishing Haiti?

i've watched my share of pat. I'll most likely watch him again.

Catholic charities is there too..big time. The christian sects battle over infecting the minds of tyhe poor and ignorant in places like haiti.

I think it was jesus who first went after the ignored class. Kind of smaht if you ask me.

*wink
he comes on after whatever morning news show is on abc i believe, for some reason i always end up watching his whole program every once in awhile. I get pissed and have to watch what he is going to say next. I love it when they do a story on someone who donated money to them, and then some how their life got better.
i waited on him once in a restaurant i worked at. If ever i met the devil in person it was him. His body temperature was so low that if you got close enough to him you got a chill.

scary!!!!

Pat Robertson is a PSYCHO!!! Blaming Haiti for the Earthquake because they made a deal with the devil..."true story".

He's a white man-----What do you expect ?

I thought the Christian God was White

American Christians hope Jesus looks like this:

Jesus_094.jpg

Some even hope he looks like this:

h+and+m+jesus2.jpg

Considering his African and Middle Eastern roots, he probably looked more like this:

black_jesus1.jpg

I'm tellin you Pat Robertson is going to have a VERY hard time getting into heaven with his "HOLLIER THAN THOU" mentality. He'll probably tell God he/she is not worthy to be in his presence. What a sick bastard!!!

I'm tellin you Pat Robertson is going to have a VERY hard time getting into heaven with his "HOLLIER THAN THOU" mentality. He'll probably tell God he/she is not worthy to be in his presence. What a sick bastard!!!

For some reason, i doubt you are really that concerned with Pat Robertson's Eternal Salvation

Actually, I think it is impossible for anyone of us to get into heaven on our own.

But then... with God all things are possible.

Immie

So the Old Testament is not used by Christians?

Not very much.

Pretty much only where creationism (i.e. intelligent design) is concerned. :lol:

Oh here we go.....:rofl:

A lot of intelligent Design people do not believe in creationism. If you have showtime look for a movie by Ben Stein Called Expelled, the difference is explained very well there.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGCxbhGaVfE[/ame]

Expelled Exposed: Why Expelled Flunks

Dude any movie that tries to tie evolution with Hitler isn't trying to be honest.

Although do tell me what the difference is, I skimmed through the trailer and saw him talking about a loving God creating everything. Sounds like creationism (and religion) to me.

Last edited:
I'm Haitian (may or may not have lost family in this disaster, we still haven't heard from many of them)and consider myself to be a somewhat non-practicing seventh day-adventist, so I'm comming at this from an interesting perspective. I'm going to come about this from a totally religious point of view. First of all it is a lie and a rumor that Haiti was dedicated to Satan upon it's establishment. Second does God use natural disasters to judge and "punish" people? Yes.

However, whether or not you believe in God, the Bible makes a clear distinction between "judgement" or "punishment" and "wrath".

According to scriptures, God's wrath is unleashed upon people who do evil works unto those whom he deem's his own and to groups of people so deprived that he does not know them. IF Haiti experienced the wrath of God, Haiti would no longer exist. The Bible story of Sodom makes this plainly clear. Also when the wrath of God pours out in the book of revelation upon the city of Mystery Babylon that city is destroyed, COMPLETELY. "Judgements" only occur to people to who God is close who fall away from God such as the nation of Israel which scripturally experienced NUMEROUS judgements.

IF you believe this is a "judgement from God upon Haiti" (which I do not), it is simply a warning sign that Haiti needs to repent and return to God. God does not "judge" nations that he doesn't give a damn about. If that were the case Vegas and San Fran would have been rubble years ago, along with half of the western world.

I don't know what this was. I personally choose to trust that there is a God and that this world is in his hands regardless of the circumstances and the outcome will be for his glory and for the good of his people, and I believe that Haiti will recover with the help of the world. That's what we need to be focused on.

Pain and suffering is typically brought upon people by the prince of the air...satan

Our responsibility is as the Good Samaritan and leave the judging to God.

Pat Robertson Blames Earthquake on Pact Haitians Made with Satan - Political Punch

On the Christian Broadcasting Network’s “700 Club” today, after a lengthy interview with a missionary who talked about helping the victims earthquake in Haiti, Rev. Pat Robertson had some interesting thoughts as to why the earthquake struck the impoverished nation:

"And you know, Kristi, something happened a long time ago in Haiti, and people might not want to talk about it.

“They were under the heel of the French, uh, you know Napoleon the 3rd and whatever, and they got together and swore a pact to the Devil.

“They said, 'We will serve you if you'll get us free from the French.'

“True story.

“And so the Devil said, 'Okay, it's a deal.’

“And, uh, they kicked the French out, you know, with Haitians revolted and got themselves free.

“But ever since they have been cursed by, by one thing after another, desperately poor.

Pat Robertson Blames Earthquake on Pact Haitians Made with Satan - Political Punch

On the Christian Broadcasting Network’s “700 Club” today, after a lengthy interview with a missionary who talked about helping the victims earthquake in Haiti, Rev. Pat Robertson had some interesting thoughts as to why the earthquake struck the impoverished nation:

"And you know, Kristi, something happened a long time ago in Haiti, and people might not want to talk about it.

“They were under the heel of the French, uh, you know Napoleon the 3rd and whatever, and they got together and swore a pact to the Devil.

“True story.

“And, uh, they kicked the French out, you know, with Haitians revolted and got themselves free.

“But ever since they have been cursed by, by one thing after another, desperately poor.

The devil?

Not so bad. Most conservatives worship Pat Robertson.

That's repugnant.

“True story.

The devil?

That's repugnant.
Where do you get these rediculous ideas?

Prove to me that MOST conservatives worship Pat robinson.

Show proof of that ludicrous statement.

“True story.

The devil?

That's repugnant.

I'd like to see that proof myself. I've been a Christian conservative my entire life and I've never really liked Pat Robertson. Personally I think the guy is a loon but I believe he means well.

The devil?

That's repugnant.

I'd like to see that proof myself. I've been a Christian conservative my entire life and I've never really liked Pat Robertson. Personally I think the guy is a loon but I believe he means well.

Where is the "well" in condemning Haitians?

Forum List

Back