Is God Punishing Haiti?

Punshing them? No i doubt that. Warning all of us? More likely. Trying to get use to get out of our comfort zone and lift one another. Most definitely.

Punshing them? No i doubt that. Warning all of us? More likely. Trying to get use to get out of our comfort zone and lift one another. Most definitely.

Killing lots of people is a warning? Did not God punish people in the biblical stories?

You know, as long as you continue to see this life as the end of things, you will never understand. But when you understand death is just a natural part of this life and that God has already provided a way for us to overcome death, you can understand things much better than you currently do.

When we have become Eternal beings, trillions of years in the future, how is it going to matter when we died during this life? Especially when we have the promise that we will rise again.

Physical death is no the worst thing in the world. Nor is suffering. At least not in our mortal probation. When you understand that there is an Eternity ahead of you, momentary suffering or discomfort means nothing.

I don't like Pat Robertson, but having listened to that soundbite it was obvious what he was saying. He was saying that Haiti is a country that has suffered for a long time. He gave his opinion on why that was the case and right or wrong, it was only an opinion. However, Pat was expressing hope that goodness would come to the people of Haiti. I see nothing at all wrong with that.

It is easy to demonize Pat Robertson. I don't like his programs at all. Sometimes my wife will have the 700 Club on the TV when I come into the bedroom. I can't get to the remote fast enough to change the channel, but in this case, it was clear that Pat was expressing hope and concern for the people of Haiti.

As for "blessings in disquise (sp?)", I think they come all the time. Quite often after times of tragedy or perceived tragedy we find ourselves enriched through the struggles we have encountered. I pray, as I am sure that Pat Robertson does, that the people of Haiti will be blessed in that manner.

Immie

Can anyone show me where in the New Testament...the Christian part of the Bible, where it says that God causes Natural Disasters or man made disasters like 9/11 to punish people for their sins?

I thought the New Testament clearly states that JESUS DIED for all of our sins?
"Wrath of God"

The wrath of God is mentioned many times in the Christian Bible. Leaving aside the references to it in the Old Testament, it is mentioned in at least twenty verses of the New Testament. Examples are:

• John 3:36 - Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.
  • Romans 1:18 - For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth.
  • Romans 5:9 - Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God.
  • Romans 12:19 - Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, "Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord."
  • Ephesians 5:6 - Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience.
  • Revelation 14:19 - So the angel swung his sickle across the earth and gathered the grape harvest of the earth and threw it into the great winepress of the wrath of God.
  • Revelation 19:15 - From his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations, and he will rule them with a rod of iron. He will tread the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty.
Divine retribution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i see the wrath of God or that term, only as what we bring upon ourselves....if we mess up, don't expect to get away with it here on earth....who needs god to strike you down when your own actions will do that for you? :D you reap what you sow in life... you rob someone, you'll end up in jail.... you cheat, you'll get caught and have to deal with the consequences...

God's wrath was giving us ''freewill'', giving us enough rope to hang ourselves!!! :lol:

I'm tellin you Pat Robertson is going to have a VERY hard time getting into heaven with his "HOLLIER THAN THOU" mentality. He'll probably tell God he/she is not worthy to be in his presence. What a sick bastard!!!

For some reason, i doubt you are really that concerned with Pat Robertson's Eternal Salvation

Pat, I think, is focusing on the fact that this whole planet is destined for a cataclysm of earthquakes, raging seas, wars, plagues, famine, asteroids, etc., those of us who believe the Bible know it says all of these things will happen, and that we'll live in a cashless society and nothing will be bought or sold without a mark on the hand or forehead...and that all the nations will be against Israel which will be a cup of trembling.

And its happening.

So you've got Pat there who lives and breathes focused on God and watching for the return of Christ in the midst of these things and ultimately he knows (as do I) that God is in control.

That clip you showed is surprising to me but I can also see why he's thinking along those lines. He's just not expressing it well.

It's not just Haiti. It's the whole planet. And Pat's not happy about people suffering in Haiti. He's just watching for his Savior and helping out where he can.

You are insane.

Pat, I think, is focusing on the fact that this whole planet is destined for a cataclysm of earthquakes, raging seas, wars, plagues, famine, asteroids, etc., those of us who believe the Bible know it says all of these things will happen, and that we'll live in a cashless society and nothing will be bought or sold without a mark on the hand or forehead...and that all the nations will be against Israel which will be a cup of trembling.

And its happening.

So you've got Pat there who lives and breathes focused on God and watching for the return of Christ in the midst of these things and ultimately he knows (as do I) that God is in control.

That clip you showed is surprising to me but I can also see why he's thinking along those lines. He's just not expressing it well.

It's not just Haiti. It's the whole planet. And Pat's not happy about people suffering in Haiti. He's just watching for his Savior and helping out where he can.

You are insane.

And you are different from Pat Robertson how? aren't you criticizing him for doing the same exact thing you are doing, thinking he is better than others?

I'm tellin you Pat Robertson is going to have a VERY hard time getting into heaven with his "HOLLIER THAN THOU" mentality. He'll probably tell God he/she is not worthy to be in his presence. What a sick bastard!!!

For some reason, i doubt you are really that concerned with Pat Robertson's Eternal Salvation

I'd like to send him to hell myself.(please note I am not advocating murder)

Last edited:

And its happening.

You are insane.

And you are different from Pat Robertson how? aren't you criticizing him for doing the same exact thing you are doing, thinking he is better than others?

Nope!

I'd like to send him to hell myself.

Well, if you succeeded, then you'd probably end up spending alot of time with him. Is that really what you wanted?

I'm a souless athiest I am not at all worried about spending eternity in hell and even if I DID kill him I am pretty sure there is a clause to getting into heaven. sub paragraph XXXXXXXXXXXXXWWWWWWWZZZZZZZZZLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIII whatever that is in Roman numerals. He who smiteith the UNHOLY Pat Robertson shall pass into heaven for it is HE who shuts the mouth of that blasphemer once and for all......Ahmen!

Forum List

Back