Is God Punishing Haiti?

You have GOT to be kidding. On this VERY THREAD she has defended Robertson for his lunatic comments.

For you to say that in that manner, I would have to hazard a guess that you didn't listen to the clip. My guess is you simply closed your mind because of who the messenger was. I don't agree with Mr. Robertson's conclusions, but from what I heard he was expressing concern for the citizens of Haiti.

His opinion as to the cause of this disaster is immaterial.

Immie

His opinion of the CAUSE is NOT immaterial!!! He said they DESERVE what happened to them!!!! How is that IMMATERIAL!!!???

No, he said it was caused by the deal that he claims was made with the devil what 200 years ago? He did not say that they deserved what they got.

Also, the Christian belief is that we all deserve to spend eternity in Hell but that by God's Grace, and only through God's Grace, we are saved from that punishment.

Immie

immie, IF he is saying this is GOD'S WRATH and he knows that God is just and fair, then he IS saying they deserve what they got....

AND NO, the haitians DID NOT make a deal with the devil and God DID NOT put this upon them for their sins as justification for their forefather's sin.

For you to say that in that manner, I would have to hazard a guess that you didn't listen to the clip. My guess is you simply closed your mind because of who the messenger was. I don't agree with Mr. Robertson's conclusions, but from what I heard he was expressing concern for the citizens of Haiti.

His opinion as to the cause of this disaster is immaterial.

Immie

His opinion of the CAUSE is NOT immaterial!!! He said they DESERVE what happened to them!!!! How is that IMMATERIAL!!!???

No, he said it was caused by the deal that he claims was made with the devil what 200 years ago? He did not say that they deserved what they got.

Also, the Christian belief is that we all deserve to spend eternity in Hell but that by God's Grace, and only through God's Grace, we are saved from that punishment.

Immie

"No, he said it was caused by the deal that he claims was made with the devil what 200 years ago?"

So TWO HUNDRED YEARS LATER people who took NO PART WHAT-SO-EVER in that deal are being PUNISHED by GOD according to Robertson. Thanks for making my point FOR me.

What Robertson said is that they had been cursed by one thing after the other.

Last edited:
You will have to check with Pat Robertson on that. He is gods representative for the USA.

I am watching Pat Robertson right now and they ar sending aid to Haiti, of course they had to add Christians were in the area spreading the gospel, because right now that is the most important thing I guess. :D

Don't ask why I am watching Pat Robertson.

Why are you watching Pat Robertson?:lol:

You will have to check with Pat Robertson on that. He is gods representative for the USA.

I am watching Pat Robertson right now and they ar sending aid to Haiti, of course they had to add Christians were in the area spreading the gospel, because right now that is the most important thing I guess. :D

Don't ask why I am watching Pat Robertson.

Why are you watching Pat Robertson?:lol:
Somebody need to watch him. He's a con artist. Right now he's trying get people to send him money to pay him to pray for them. Sending money to Pat Robertson will only enrich Pat Robertson and do nothing to help the Haitians.

I'm sure that the numerous churches in Haiti and christian charity organizations in that country that have been there for years, don't happen to share Mr. Robertsons view and I'm very sure that the last thing they are telling the people in Haiti at this very moment is the reason why thousands of them are now dead is because of a curse from God. Perhaps those that are now there are really reflective of a real christian message of hope and giving, and helping others. While Mr. Robertson is entitled to his opinion I'm sure that the several million people in Haiti do not share it, nor do the thousands now engaged in helping there and engaged in actual Christian values of helping their fellow human beings in time of need share it as well. Maybe Pat Robertson would be wise to take a moment and reflect on this before making these kinds of conclusions next time.

is god punishing haiti? If he is why?

These are questions i always wonder about when people i know to be christians, christians who are bigoted and prejudiced to any and all who differ with their beliefs' experience tragey and pain.

If there is a god, why does he punish haiti so often? Haitians are, from what i hear, god's side on many issues.

Christian haitians are vocally anti-abortion choice, anti-gay, anti-gay marrige, anti-man's laws, and anti-_____(fill in the blank).

Yet haiti in the last few years keeps getting hit with deadly hurricanes, it was hit early with hiv aids, and horrid poverty and violence, .haitians were hit with americans throwing their boat people back onto the island....

Is the christian god listening?

I am not prejudiced against haitians. I've done community work with them. I've included hatian language in videos i made. I've worked in public health on hiv aids in the hatian american community. But i wonder what christians who blame all sort of calamity on victims or innocents...i wonder if their principles and beliefs stand the test of consistency.

Does god punish people with natural disease and disaster? Is god punishing haiti?
op

"We’ve invaded Haiti. We dropped troops on the presidential palace yesterday. The difference between Bush invading Iraq, and Obama invading Haiti, is that Bush had Congressional authorization."
-- Conservative pundit Hugh Hewitt, Link

so fucking stupid that even I'm shocked.

george-orwell-albums-bible-picture1237-daniel-and-his-lions.jpg
WHAT DOES THE HOLY BIBLE SAY? Certainly there are ample of testimonies from the Bible showing God Jehovah, the Jewish Hebrew God, does punish man for his evils. And it seems, that such punishments need not always be of the negative side. One can think here of Daniel in the Den. It certainly looked like Daniel was going to be eaten up by the lions. But things turned out out otherwise, and though the Bible does not say say so, it seems the end was, that, Daniel ate up the lions, for nothing more is heard of them.

Wrong.

Daniel was sent to the lion's den because he showed the king that his deity was false.

He was then thrown in the lion's den.

Why did the lions NOT eat him? Because they were afraid of the angel sent to protect Daniel.

It never ceases to amaze me how much about their own religion Christians DON'T know! By the way, you're not blamed for not knowing the whole story. The story of Daniel was heavily edited by the Niecine council when they assembled the KJV.

Incidentally, there were many books that happened to. Many others were omitted completely.

Nice how much faith you put in that book, eh? Might be better off with science or physics.

"We’ve invaded Haiti. We dropped troops on the presidential palace yesterday. The difference between Bush invading Iraq, and Obama invading Haiti, is that Bush had Congressional authorization."
-- Conservative pundit Hugh Hewitt, Link

so fucking stupid that even I'm shocked.

... Without reading the link that HAS to be Poe's law or satire or something.

Since when was sending troops somewhere a formal declaration of war?

Forum List

Back