Is God Punishing Haiti?

Robertson said THREE THOUSAND Americans DESERVED TO DIE!!!

dude, are you watching a clip that I missed?

You're either flat out lying or you saw something different than what I saw.

I saw an old man saying we need to pray for them. Where is there ANY clip that says they deserved to die?

You're just trying to demonize Christians. How are you any different than what you wrongly accuse Robertson of doing? (unless I missed a clip)

Robertson and Falwell are both ASSHOLES boardering on PSYCHOPATHIC!

You are concerned about what Falwell says even though he has already passed on to the next life? Does that mean you are conceding the reality of the resurrection and life after this life?

I do.

As a Christian, I really hate it when someone high profile like Pat Robertson says something that makes me ashamed. Ashamed that anyone who chooses to do so could reasonably put me in a group (Christians) with such a man, and could then assume that because we are both 'Christians' we must both hold the same views.

Notice how so many people leap on what Pat Robertson says because they want to infer a point about Christianity (or the "religious right"), but so very few post anything about Christians fundraising or working for free with the relief organizations to try and bring some help to Haitians.

I think the real Christians will do what they can to help, and the others, literally, to Hell with them. And isn't Haiti a Christian/Catholic country? I think the rest is more about retained religious practices from Africa, which is their choice to make, and what we "hear" is "hype" for the tourist or a novel about zombies!

I always think that I could not possibly hold Robertson in greater contempt, and then he comes along and proves me wrong.

You might find this article interesting as one point of view on the history of Haiti.
Pat Robertson: Haiti's Earthquake a Result of Deal with the Devil

This is from The Root

The author failed to mention that on August 14, 1791, a group of houngans (voodoo priests), led by a former slave houngan named Boukman, made a pact with the Devil at a place called Bois-Caiman. All present vowed to exterminate all of the white Frenchmen on the island. They sacrificed a black pig in a voodoo ritual at which hundreds of slaves drank the pig's blood. In this ritual, Boukman asked Satan for his help in liberating Haiti from the French.

AD: Government Of The Devil, By The Devil, And For The Devil - Tom Barrett - Mar 11, 04

Bouckman and Haiti

More Haitian History

Were either you or Barrett there?

Who is Barrett that anyone should believe him?

Biography: Tom Barrett has been an ordained minister for 30 years. He has written for local and national publications for most of his life, and has authored several non-fiction books. He has been interviewed on many TV and radio programs, and speaks at seminars nationwide. Tom is the editor and publisher of Conservative Truth, an email newsletter read by over fifty thousand weekly which focuses on moral and political issues from a Biblical viewpoint.

This right here tells me he is totally full of shit, but will certainly accept your check.

I once had acquaintance with a person from El Salvador that believed that when female children are born in hospitals, American Drs do a little number on them to surgically remove the hymen so they will all grow up "to be whores just like all American women."

Knew a woman who told a young woman whose child was born with birth defects, that that was a punishment from "god" because the young woman had sex and got pregnant on a full moon.

I just don't necessarily believe that the stories the ignorant spread, whether it is the two I mentioned, or from freaks like religious Barrett based on tales told by whites with an agenda....

Barrett's tale is not LOGICAL - Had Bouckman done as Barret's legend says, why would he use a BLACK PIG to get rid of WHITE people, I would think a WHITE GOAT much more logical, apropos...

However, Voodoo does lend itself to interesting reading in novels, usually going the way of otherwise "respectable" white women gettin' it on with BIG, dark men... with a whole lot of dancing, and sweating, and writhing, and moaning, and so I can get why someone like Barrett might be threatened by even the though of Voodoo.

Back on point, Robertson, Barrett, et al are assholes. The planet will be better off when they are all rotting in the dirt!

Is God Punishing Haiti? If he is why?

These are questions I always wonder about when people I know to be Christians, Christians who are bigoted and prejudiced to any and all who differ with their beliefs' experience tragey and pain.

If there is a God, why does he punish Haiti so often? Haitians are, from what I hear, God's side on many issues.

Christian Haitians are vocally anti-abortion choice, anti-gay, anti-gay marrige, anti-man's laws, and anti-_____(fill in the blank).

Yet Haiti in the last few years keeps getting hit with deadly hurricanes, it was hit early with HIV Aids, and horrid poverty and violence, .Haitians were hit with Americans throwing their boat people back onto the island....

Is the Christian God listening?

I am not prejudiced against Haitians. I've done community work with them. I've included Hatian language in videos I made. I've worked in public health on HIV Aids in the Hatian American community. But I wonder what Christians who blame all sort of calamity on victims or innocents...I wonder if their principles and beliefs stand the test of consistency.

Does God punish people with natural disease and disaster? Is God punishing Haiti?

Sometimes I just want to smack you for the dumb shit you say. Then other times you say some stuff that really is worth saying. This, though, I believe is the dumbest shit I have ever heard you say. Go drink a bottle of "smart pop" and come back to talk to us later.

What exactly have I denied? And please be specific.

Ah, I can see you were playing a game with us all this time. Please, carry on.

What? No , you said I'm in denial I want to know what the fuck you think I'm denying. Don't get all chicken shit on me know you little fuck! Show me where I have denied anything!

I despise fucking cowards that hurl accusations with absolutely nothing to back it up when called on their stupidity!

I await your evidence and when you fail to find any, I await your apology!

Let's see, you are a foul mouthed little nothing and you want an apology from me? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! As I said before....in deep, deep denial.

The author failed to mention that on August 14, 1791, a group of houngans (voodoo priests), led by a former slave houngan named Boukman, made a pact with the Devil at a place called Bois-Caiman. All present vowed to exterminate all of the white Frenchmen on the island. They sacrificed a black pig in a voodoo ritual at which hundreds of slaves drank the pig's blood. In this ritual, Boukman asked Satan for his help in liberating Haiti from the French.

AD: Government Of The Devil, By The Devil, And For The Devil - Tom Barrett - Mar 11, 04

The Voo Doo gods are not the same as the Christian Devil, you know.

I never said they were. Dumbass!!

Foul mouthed little nothing.

I think this topic is absurd and it is one of the reasons I am not a christian and never will be.. The fact that Pat Robertson has come out and made statements to the very topic we are discussing is truly sad.. What I find worse is that I have yet to see any public condemnation of Robertson from the christian community.. I find their silence to be apporval of his comments.. While I admittedly haven't read all 20 mages of this thread.. I would be interested in knowing if any christains of this forum condemn Robertson's comments?

God did not punish the Haitian people and it is completely absurd to say otherwise.. It was a natural disaster unlike any other..

What I want to know is why Robertson is potraying himself as a speaker of god and why nobody has called him on it?? Is he really a speaker for god?? Does he has powers that not even the pope has?? It is people like Robertson that Christ hates when it comes to rich people..

Truly, I say unto you, it will be hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. [Matthew 19:23] You cannot serve both God and Money. [Matthew 6:24.]

Doesn't Robertson know as a chrsitian he isn't going to heaven becasue he broke one of gods laws?? He isn't serving god and he isn't serving the people of the world either.. Christ wants people to help eachother.. Who has he helped? How much money is he sending to Haiti? I would really like to know.. How much did he help the christians of New Orleans when Katrina hit?

This man is not even worth the air he breaths!! He should go to hell for the corruption he has caused and the hate he has spread.. He is also passing judgement on someone else which is another violation of god's laws.. He should be locked up in a mental institution.. All his money and assets taken and used for charity, to help those he hates!! Like the Hatian people..

I am not a christain so I know that he will never see hell.. He should though.. But what really concerns me is why other christians don't condemn him and his hate speaches??

I think this topic is absurd and it is one of the reasons I am not a christian and never will be.. The fact that Pat Robertson has come out and made statements to the very topic we are discussing is truly sad.. What I find worse is that I have yet to see any public condemnation of Robertson from the christian community.. I find their silence to be apporval of his comments.. While I admittedly haven't read all 20 mages of this thread.. I would be interested in knowing if any christains of this forum condemn Robertson's comments?

The majority have not supported his beliefs it seems like, although why the mainstream hasn't organized against crap like this I will ever know.

I think the only two people who haven't distanced themselves from the idea were JenT and Avatar (maybe not Avatar) although that's from my bad memory.

The majority have not supported his beliefs it seems like, although why the mainstream hasn't organized against crap like this I will ever know.

I think the only two people who haven't distanced themselves from the idea were JenT and Avatar (maybe not Avatar) although that's from my bad memory.

The reason we have not organized against his crap is that most of us believe that he has the right to be as un-Christlike as the next guy. Most of us have made our statements about not agreeing with him and left it at that. To go any further than that works towards giving his statements legitimacy.

MajikMyst probably watches more of Pat Robertson than I do. I can't stand to listen to him, because every time he opens his mouth and says anything at all proclaiming to represent Christ, my jaw drops to the floor and I wonder... where the hell did he come up with that shit.

Immie

God did not punish the Haitian people and it is completely absurd to say otherwise.. It was a natural disaster unlike any other..

What I want to know is why Robertson is potraying himself as a speaker of god and why nobody has called him on it?? Is he really a speaker for god?? Does he has powers that not even the pope has?? It is people like Robertson that Christ hates when it comes to rich people..

Truly, I say unto you, it will be hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. [Matthew 19:23] You cannot serve both God and Money. [Matthew 6:24.]

Doesn't Robertson know as a chrsitian he isn't going to heaven becasue he broke one of gods laws?? He isn't serving god and he isn't serving the people of the world either.. Christ wants people to help eachother.. Who has he helped? How much money is he sending to Haiti? I would really like to know.. How much did he help the christians of New Orleans when Katrina hit?

This man is not even worth the air he breaths!! He should go to hell for the corruption he has caused and the hate he has spread.. He is also passing judgement on someone else which is another violation of god's laws.. He should be locked up in a mental institution.. All his money and assets taken and used for charity, to help those he hates!! Like the Hatian people..

I am not a christain so I know that he will never see hell.. He should though.. But what really concerns me is why other christians don't condemn him and his hate speaches??

What I find worse is that I have yet to see any public condemnation of Robertson from the christian community.. I find their silence to be apporval of his comments..

They don't have any problem with this, MajikMyst, but are ready to commit genocide because all the Muslims have not condemned their militants, go figure.

However, they cannot see the hypocrisy!

I am not now Christain, but was raised attending a Christian church. At that time, in spite of the hypocrites, many of the preachers talked often of "the sins of omission" - the failure to do that thing which is the right thing to do. They taught that those sins were as bad as the others, sometimes even worse or much worse....

One can only light a few candles and hope that they will eventually find it in themselves to Be Well.

The reason we have not organized against his crap is that most of us believe that he has the right to be as un-Christlike as the next guy. Most of us have made our statements about not agreeing with him and left it at that. To go any further than that works towards giving his statements legitimacy.

MajikMyst probably watches more of Pat Robertson than I do. I can't stand to listen to him, because every time he opens his mouth and says anything at all proclaiming to represent Christ, my jaw drops to the floor and I wonder... where the hell did he come up with that shit.

Immie

Actually.. I don't watch him at all.. The video happened to be on my msn homepage.. I thought it was disgusting..

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59NCduEhkBM[/ame]

See for yourself.. This video was straight from Youtube..

Last edited:
Libs where willing to over look and forgive Reid's racist comments based on the supposed good work he has done for AA's. They do the same for people like Rev. Wright and Jesse Jackson.
Why no pass for Robertson based on the good works he provides?

The Obama administration has people who hold some pretty disturbing views and have said some unbelievable things in their not so distant past.

I am not defending Robertson, but I also can acknowledge some calling for his condemnation are hypocrites all their own.

What "good works?" He sits on TV and takes money. He gets his off the top, and there seems very little trickle down. What good works has he ever done? He is just milking a cash cow.

Last edited:

What I find worse is that I have yet to see any public condemnation of Robertson from the christian community.. I find their silence to be apporval of his comments..

They don't have any problem with this, MajikMyst, but are ready to commit genocide because all the Muslims have not condemned their militants, go figure.

However, they cannot see the hypocrisy!

I am not now Christain, but was raised attending a Christian church. At that time, in spite of the hypocrites, many of the preachers talked often of "the sins of omission" - the failure to do that thing which is the right thing to do. They taught that those sins were as bad as the others, sometimes even worse or much worse....

One can only light a few candles and hope that they will eventually find it in themselves to Be Well.

Agreed.. One can only hope..

Forum List

Back