Is God Punishing Haiti?

The majority have not supported his beliefs it seems like, although why the mainstream hasn't organized against crap like this I will ever know.

I think the only two people who haven't distanced themselves from the idea were JenT and Avatar (maybe not Avatar) although that's from my bad memory.

The reason we have not organized against his crap is that most of us believe that he has the right to be as un-Christlike as the next guy. Most of us have made our statements about not agreeing with him and left it at that. To go any further than that works towards giving his statements legitimacy.

MajikMyst probably watches more of Pat Robertson than I do. I can't stand to listen to him, because every time he opens his mouth and says anything at all proclaiming to represent Christ, my jaw drops to the floor and I wonder... where the hell did he come up with that shit.

Immie

Actually.. I don't watch him at all.. The video happened to be on my msn homepage.. I thought it was disgusting..

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59NCduEhkBM[/ame]

See for yourself..

Can't see the video now, but if it includes something Pat said, I would guess that for once I agree with you.

I don't like Pat at all, but I believe that he has the right to say whatever he wants to say. I am not going to deny him that right. Pat proclaims to speak for the Christian community and then insinuates that any of us Christians who don't agree with him must not be Christian. I have to search real hard to find anything Christlike coming from him.

You seem to know a little bit about the Bible. My idea of Pat Robertson is found very well in this passage:

Luke 18:9-14

9To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everybody else, Jesus told this parable: 10"Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11The Pharisee stood up and prayed about[a] himself: 'God, I thank you that I am not like other men—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.'
13"But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, 'God, have mercy on me, a sinner.'

14"I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."

Pat fits my idea of the Pharisee in this passage to a T. Other passages about Pharisees also fit Pat quite well.

I do not agree with his comments about Haiti and I have said so already. There is nothing more for me to say. I sure as hell am not going to ask the Congress to take away his right to say what he has to say.

Immie

It's handy to have one radical that you can use to condemn all of Christendom with, ain't it ?

Only the hypocrites, only the modern day pharisees!

There is no one that acts in a fashion that perfectly reflects his dogma--espescially when it's someone else interpreting the dogma. Do you have any idea how simple it is to find the hypocrite in anyone who publicly announces how they feel people should live their lives ?

The Voo Doo gods are not the same as the Christian Devil, you know.

I never said they were. Dumbass!!

so who was hati's ''DEAL WITH THE DEVIL'' that you posted on?

fyi

Loa: Facts, Discussion Forum, and Encyclopedia Article

Can you be more vague with your question? I posted a link, I didn't write the article, now show me where I have stated that Voodoo gods and the devil were the same.

You liberal idiots just can't help but put words in other peoples mouths can you? This is the second time in this thread that someone has done this. Either get your facts straight or stay off the computer!

Get off your lazy fuckin' ass and read, oh, ooops, I forgot, you are one of those SPECIAL AMERICANS that needs an ILLEGAL for the work you won't do for yourself, LOL.....

Since you are one of those fundy-nuts that lets the preacher think for you, I am wondering, does he go to the booth and vote for you, or just tell you who to vote for? Does he sub in when your woman wants another kid, too? Does he have to hold your dick for you when you piss, too?

As for my help, I would certainly sign for you to join the Army and go to the M.E. as the smart boys could stand you up as a decoy to tell where the bad guys are shootin' from....

That's interesting, you couldn't find anything hateful to highlight so you have to resort to the same old lame liberal tactics and that is to hurl insults. Your concession is duly noted.

I am not liberal enough that I would ever trust enough to let you near one of my kids or grands, take salt with you, or deal with you in any way without a weapon in hand.

As for the rest, Christianity is a religion that ritualizes eating the "god's" flesh, drinking its blood. The "god" screwed its own mother with an alternate personality, and/or the god sent in a proxy-self to impregnate the mother of itself, or it screwed an innocent of 13/14 years old, basically taking her by force, or all of the above, according to myth/dogma.

Where I might think some of the basic rules of decency as regards five of the "big ten" are great, the mythology of the religion is nothing less than bizarre, full of some real freaks. I also don't think much of the sort of men that toss out daughters or girlfriends to be raped and murdered so they can avoid same happening to themselves or their buddies.

As for the "rules," a lot of that was plagiarised from Hammurabi, or long in place, and the god/jesus myth was plagiarised from prior myths.

Ritual Human Sacrifice
Rape in the Bible
Murder in the Bible
Slavery in the Bible
Evil Bible Quotes
Retard of the Month
Jesus Lied
God is Impossible
Top Ten List
Biblical Contradictions

Essays From The Church of Theists Suck:
Evils of the Torah
End Times
Do Not Ignore O.T.
Biblical Intolerance
A Day Is A Day
Absurd Torah Science
Christians Are Hypocrites
Common Lies Christians Tell
Jesus is a False Messiah
Hitler was a Christian
Contradictions of the Gospel
Sexism in the Torah
God's Not Pro-Life
Ten Commandments
Why I am Not a Christian
What Would Jesus Do?
Is the Bible Fit for Worship

I acknowledge that there are some really decent humans out there that live good lives and try to do what is right/ethical. I do think they have been deluded into following a system that was instituted by ignorant fearful people in ancient times trying to explain the unexplainable.

I think that it is time humans grew up and learn to deal with reality.

The "bible" tells some interesting tales, but that is all they are.

Humans ought to learn to do what is right/ethical/decent/compassionate just because that is what is the right thing to do, not because of a threat of hellfire and brimstone!

Time to grow up!

As for Robertson, he is a nutjob, but a very cunning conniving one whose religion is that the only real sin is being poor and/or not sending him money. Those that fall for it, not too bright.

A little on the Liberia thing:

http://www.theperspective.org/patrobertson_taylor.html

More on Katrina:

Robertson's Katrina Cash

As for Haiti, I agree with the premise that Haiti has been punished politically for not falling in line with white colonialist rules, for many years now, and that what has been done is unconscionable. Now is a time when we as a country can try to rectify a few things.

They are fellow humans, just on that basis they deserve help, and Robertson needs to shut the fuck up.

While you still haven't produced anything Pat Robertson said that was hateful, you managed to say some pretty hateful things yourself. Perhaps you should look in the mirror before you make those types of accusations against others.

I think the real Christians will do what they can to help, and the others, literally, to Hell with them. And isn't Haiti a Christian/Catholic country? I think the rest is more about retained religious practices from Africa, which is their choice to make, and what we "hear" is "hype" for the tourist or a novel about zombies!

I always think that I could not possibly hold Robertson in greater contempt, and then he comes along and proves me wrong.

You might find this article interesting as one point of view on the history of Haiti.
Pat Robertson: Haiti's Earthquake a Result of Deal with the Devil

This is from The Root

The author failed to mention that on August 14, 1791, a group of houngans (voodoo priests), led by a former slave houngan named Boukman, made a pact with the Devil at a place called Bois-Caiman. All present vowed to exterminate all of the white Frenchmen on the island. They sacrificed a black pig in a voodoo ritual at which hundreds of slaves drank the pig's blood. In this ritual, Boukman asked Satan for his help in liberating Haiti from the French.

AD: Government Of The Devil, By The Devil, And For The Devil - Tom Barrett - Mar 11, 04

Bouckman and Haiti

More Haitian History

Were either you or Barrett there?

Who is Barrett that anyone should believe him?

Biography: Tom Barrett has been an ordained minister for 30 years. He has written for local and national publications for most of his life, and has authored several non-fiction books. He has been interviewed on many TV and radio programs, and speaks at seminars nationwide. Tom is the editor and publisher of Conservative Truth, an email newsletter read by over fifty thousand weekly which focuses on moral and political issues from a Biblical viewpoint.

This right here tells me he is totally full of shit, but will certainly accept your check.

I once had acquaintance with a person from El Salvador that believed that when female children are born in hospitals, American Drs do a little number on them to surgically remove the hymen so they will all grow up "to be whores just like all American women."

Knew a woman who told a young woman whose child was born with birth defects, that that was a punishment from "god" because the young woman had sex and got pregnant on a full moon.

I just don't necessarily believe that the stories the ignorant spread, whether it is the two I mentioned, or from freaks like religious Barrett based on tales told by whites with an agenda....

Barrett's tale is not LOGICAL - Had Bouckman done as Barret's legend says, why would he use a BLACK PIG to get rid of WHITE people, I would think a WHITE GOAT much more logical, apropos...

However, Voodoo does lend itself to interesting reading in novels, usually going the way of otherwise "respectable" white women gettin' it on with BIG, dark men... with a whole lot of dancing, and sweating, and writhing, and moaning, and so I can get why someone like Barrett might be threatened by even the though of Voodoo.

Back on point, Robertson, Barrett, et al are assholes. The planet will be better off when they are all rotting in the dirt!

What is it with you idiot liberals? Were you there? Well no I wasn't and neither were you, I also wasn't around during the holocaust but I know the history. I suppose you don't believe any of the history books unles they were written by those that were actually there at the time. Now I understand your ignorance.

Ah, I can see you were playing a game with us all this time. Please, carry on.

What? No , you said I'm in denial I want to know what the fuck you think I'm denying. Don't get all chicken shit on me know you little fuck! Show me where I have denied anything!

I despise fucking cowards that hurl accusations with absolutely nothing to back it up when called on their stupidity!

I await your evidence and when you fail to find any, I await your apology!

Let's see, you are a foul mouthed little nothing and you want an apology from me? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! As I said before....in deep, deep denial.

Your concession is duly noted.

I never said they were. Dumbass!!

Foul mouthed little nothing.

hahahahahahaha If I'm nothing then why the fuck are you addressing me? And why the fuck do you lie and accuse me of saying something I never said? I mean surely you wouldn't go to that extreme for nothing.

Lonestar,

Maybe you need to make yourself and position clearer then? Perhaps I have missed it because I have not read every post in this thread?

Answer me this...

Do you believe that every person killed in a calamity or via natural Disaster or even a crib death or auto accident or heart attack or flood is the Wrath of God coming down on them?

Do you believe as the Jews once did that if you are wealthy you are blessed by God for being good and sinless and if you are poor or meek you are suffering from God's wrath because you are sinful?

Care

Foul mouthed little nothing.

hahahahahahaha If I'm nothing then why the fuck are you addressing me? And why the fuck do you lie and accuse me of saying something I never said? I mean surely you wouldn't go to that extreme for nothing.

Lonestar,

Maybe you need to make yourself and position clearer then? Perhaps I have missed it because I have not read every post in this thread?

Answer me this...

Do you believe that every person killed in a calamity or via natural Disaster or even a crib death or auto accident or heart attack or flood is the Wrath of God coming down on them?

Do you believe as the Jews once did that if you are wealthy you are blessed by God for being good and sinless and if you are poor or meek you are suffering from God's wrath because you are sinful?

Care

God doesn't Selectively Save ONE Baby in the Rubble in Haiti as a "Miracle" and then let another couple of Thousand Die because they were Deserving of God's Wrath...

People who Feel this way DELIBERATELY Ignore the New Testament...

Assuming they are Calling themselves "Christians".

:)

peace...

I think this topic is absurd and it is one of the reasons I am not a christian and never will be.. The fact that Pat Robertson has come out and made statements to the very topic we are discussing is truly sad.. What I find worse is that I have yet to see any public condemnation of Robertson from the christian community.. I find their silence to be apporval of his comments.. While I admittedly haven't read all 20 mages of this thread.. I would be interested in knowing if any christains of this forum condemn Robertson's comments?

The majority have not supported his beliefs it seems like, although why the mainstream hasn't organized against crap like this I will ever know.

I think the only two people who haven't distanced themselves from the idea were JenT and Avatar (maybe not Avatar) although that's from my bad memory.

JenT is a PSYCHO probably the WORST most disgusting poster here. I will admit she SCARES THE SHIT out of me as she is a TRUE ZEALOT
accusation removed. Be wiser with your words next time.

care

I think this topic is absurd and it is one of the reasons I am not a christian and never will be.. The fact that Pat Robertson has come out and made statements to the very topic we are discussing is truly sad.. What I find worse is that I have yet to see any public condemnation of Robertson from the christian community.. I find their silence to be apporval of his comments.. While I admittedly haven't read all 20 mages of this thread.. I would be interested in knowing if any christains of this forum condemn Robertson's comments?

JenT is a PSYCHO probably the WORST most disgusting poster here. I will admit she SCARES THE SHIT out of me as she is a TRUE ZEALOT. .accusation removed

What on earth would give you that idea?

I've never seen anything from her that would give that indication.

Immie

JenT is a PSYCHO probably the WORST most disgusting poster here. I will admit she SCARES THE SHIT out of me as she is a TRUE ZEALOT. .accusation removed

Immie

REALLY!!!??? She IS a Zealot. She thinks she is VASTLY superior to the rest of us non-Christians or at least that is how she comes across (not an ACCUsation an OBservation).

Immie

REALLY!!!??? She IS a Zealot. She thinks she is VASTLY superior to the rest of us non-Christians or at least that is how she comes across (not an ACCUsation an OBservation).

I've never seen her even remotely indicate that she would do anything to hurt anyone.

Yes, she is a woman of faith and she lets you know about it, but she is no more of a zealot than a lot of left wingers... in fact, much less so than many of them.

Immie

Immie

I've never seen her even remotely indicate that she would do anything to hurt anyone.

Yes, she is a woman of faith and she lets you know about it, but she is no more of a zealot than a lot of left wingers... in fact, much less so than many of them.

Immie

You have GOT to be kidding. On this VERY THREAD she has defended Robertson for his lunatic comments.

Last edited:

Immie

You have GOT to be kidding. On this VERY THREAD she has defended Robertson for his lunatic comments.

For you to say that in that manner, I would have to hazard a guess that you didn't listen to the clip. My guess is you simply closed your mind because of who the messenger was. I don't agree with Mr. Robertson's conclusions, but from what I heard he was expressing concern for the citizens of Haiti.

His opinion as to the cause of this disaster is immaterial.

Immie

What? No , you said I'm in denial I want to know what the fuck you think I'm denying. Don't get all chicken shit on me know you little fuck! Show me where I have denied anything!

I despise fucking cowards that hurl accusations with absolutely nothing to back it up when called on their stupidity!

I await your evidence and when you fail to find any, I await your apology!

Let's see, you are a foul mouthed little nothing and you want an apology from me? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! As I said before....in deep, deep denial.

Your concession is duly noted.

Dear Foulmouthed Nothing,

You have not given proof that I have conceded.
:lol::lol::lol:

Immie

For you to say that in that manner, I would have to hazard a guess that you didn't listen to the clip. My guess is you simply closed your mind because of who the messenger was. I don't agree with Mr. Robertson's conclusions, but from what I heard he was expressing concern for the citizens of Haiti.

His opinion as to the cause of this disaster is immaterial.

Immie

His opinion of the CAUSE is NOT immaterial!!! He said they DESERVE what happened to them!!!! How is that IMMATERIAL!!!???

Forum List

Back