Is a business allowed to violate civil rights?

Here's a shocking concept. How about we all get past trying to force our will on others?

:):):):):)

How do you feel about abortion, drug laws, prostitution, gambling?

I always find it quite amazing that abortion, is clumped with all those other things, such as gambling. What a shame, that life has been devalued to such a level

Within the context of forcing one's will on others, they absolutely belong together.

You have no moral or legal right to perform an abortion on a child, without the knowledge of the parent or parents, without due process. Especially if the parents are unaware of the pregnancy. Who are you defending? What have you yourself done? And the court better have good reason. Who are you defending? What have you yourself done? Who have you hurt? What is behind your obsession? You personally should be 100% liable for any harm or permanent damage.
Do you have your cell phone on some sort of alert to let you know everytime I post on USMB? It's a little creepy how you follow me so closely that you seem to be practically stepping on the back of my heels.

I guess your scream name suits you.

Carry on with your fantasy that I am some sort of back street abortionist for teenage girls. It seems to keep you very busy.

Weirdo!

I don't follow you around anywhere Anguille. You place too much value on yourself. I was not envisioning you as an abortionist, I doubt you have the skill level. My gripe with you is in condoning any surgery on a minor without Parental awareness. If you cannot see the wrong in that, you are lying to both me and yourself. If you do not accept that for some, informing their parents of a pregnancy, is a hard thing to do, but necessary, you are on the wrong side, and should not be in a position to influence children at all. If you point out circumstances where the parents, are negligent, abusive, harmful, to children, Family Court, is the direction. Too many are pushed into abortions that live to later regret having gone that route. Sorry Charlie.
:cuckoo:
You seem to have a problem accepting that other people do not always share your opinions.

The country was founded on the principal of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness...the federal documents (the constitution) includes the bill of rights. If someone wants to be an American and/or operate in America they cannot act in an un-American manner and violate someone else's civil rights.

What liberty do you really have if someone can refuse to serve you a meal simply because of your skin color?

Definiton: Liberty is a concept of political philosophy and identifies the condition in which an individual has the right to act according to his or her own will.

What about my liberty as a business owner? Why is your liberty (as a customer/client) more valid than mine?

As a business owner, isn't the government taking away my liberties by forcing me to accommodate those whom I freely choose to not do business with?

It was necessary at the time to take actions to end the systematic oppression of an entire race in the South. I don't believe that could have been achieved, if at all, in nearly as short the period as it did [as long as it still was] unless desegregation was mandated in both he private and public sectors.

We limit liberty all the time to achieve a greater good, from limiting one's liberty to travel to protect the sanctity of one's home to limiting the liberty to own, bear, and use a firearm to protect the safety and welfare of other people within the weapon's range, to limiting the liberty to own and operate a vehicle or other heavy weaponry.

The legislation in question was necessitated and justified by the need to end the systematic oppression of an entire race. The question is not whether it should have been enacted but whether it is still needed and whether it should, having served its purpose as best it can, be allowed to expire or be taken off the books. That it was necessary does not mean it should serve as precedent or guiding principle for our actions today or in the future anymore than Lincoln's suspension of Habeus Corpus, as necessary as it can be argued it was, is something we should seek to emulate or carry on.

Not exactly, because I felt I had to re-word it for someone who either didn't get it or was trying to change my argument. I'm finding the left is doing that a lot lately.

As for the smoking issue, yeah, we've been down that road before and you are still wrong. ;)

Immie
Someday you'll see it my way. :tongue:

I highly doubt it.

And I'm not counting on changing your POV on it either.

Immie
Well, as long as we both keep an open mind. :smoke:

My gripe with you is in condoning any surgery on a minor without Parental awareness.

To clarify, you oppose surgery on a minor without PA under any circumstances or she's taken a stance than PA is not necessary for any surgery at all and your gripe is with that?

Emergency surgery to save a life should be dictated by circumstance. My gripe is with an abortion being performed on a minor, without the parents being aware of the pregnancy in the first place, let alone the termination procedure which does entail risk. I believe that if there are issues between the parent and child regarding consent, due process points to family court. Our adversarial friend is dancing around the end justifies the means by any route. ;) I'm just not allowing any wriggle room. ;)

My gripe with you is in condoning any surgery on a minor without Parental awareness.

To clarify, you oppose surgery on a minor without PA under any circumstances or she's taken a stance than PA is not necessary for any surgery at all and your gripe is with that?

Emergency surgery to save a life should be dictated by circumstance. My gripe is with an abortion being performed on a minor, without the parents being aware of the pregnancy in the first place, let alone the termination procedure which does entail risk. I believe that if there are issues between the parent and child regarding consent, due process points to family court. Our adversarial friend is dancing around the end justifies the means by any route. ;) I'm just not allowing any wriggle room. ;)
No, either you are intentionally putting words in my mouth or you were so enraged by my comment that children are not property that you misread my posts.

No, either you are intentionally putting words in my mouth or you were so enraged by my comment that children are not property that you misread my posts.

Just so you understand that a child's fear of rejection when owning up to being with a child of her own is No reason to keep the parents in the dark. In such a case, this, by circumstance, is a part of the growing up process. Pluses and minuses of what comes next is secondary. ;) Does the Parent have Rights? Yes. Does the Child have Rights? Yes. Does the Doctor play a role in advising? Yes. Should You aid in a cover up? No. Refer it to the Court, if there is genuine concern for the welfare of the child. ;)

Just so you understand that a child's fear of rejection when owning up to being with a child of her own is No reason to keep the parents in the dark. In such a case, this, by circumstance, is a part of the growing up process. Pluses and minuses of what comes next is secondary. ;) Does the Parent have Rights? Yes. Does the Child have Rights? Yes. Does the Doctor play a role in advising? Yes. Should You aid in a cover up? No. Refer it to the Court, if there is genuine concern for the welfare of the child. ;)
Concern for the child is my first concern. Whatever lecture on your presumed rights as a parent and how you think a child should behave that you are trying to impose on me, does not really interest me. I have never advocated doing anything illegal. Go bark up some other tree. Maybe one that grows in Brooklyn. :tongue:

Concern for the child is my first concern. Whatever lecture on your presumed rights as a parent and how you think a child should behave that you are trying to impose on me, does not really interest me. I have never advocated doing anything illegal. Go bark up some other tree. Maybe one that grows in Brooklyn. :tongue:

And in your touch of gray lies contributing to the delinquency of minors, and aiding and abetting. Doing the Right thing takes precedent over your feelings. Stop spitting, the wind is blowing it back on you, it is not flattering. Neither are lame reasoning. ;)

And in your touch of gray lies contributing to the delinquency of minors, and aiding and abetting. Doing the Right thing takes precedent over your feelings. Stop spitting, the wind is blowing it back on you, it is not flattering. Neither are lame reasoning. ;)
You must be an acolyte of tha mal with your capitalization and whacked out posts. I have no idea what you are ranting about. I must have interupted some private conversation you are having with some demon in your head. Good luck with your issues.

You must be an acolyte of tha mal with your capitalization and whacked out posts. I have no idea what you are ranting about. I must have interupted some private conversation you are having with some demon in your head. Good luck with your issues.

It's like you are ice skating without any skates. Not very graceful. You need to resolve those parent issues. I sure hope you don't work with children. Hint. Parents are not inherently evil.

It is a medical procedure and the child should be allowed to pursue an abortion if they want to despite all of the objections the parents may have. So really, informing the parents is irrelevant as ultimately it should be the decision of the person whos having the abortion, a legal medical procedure.

It is a medical procedure and the child should be allowed to pursue an abortion if they want to despite all of the objections the parents may have. So really, informing the parents is irrelevant as ultimately it should be the decision of the person whos having the abortion, a legal medical procedure.

You arrogant Self-righteous pompous ass. And when something goes wrong the parent is supposed to read about it in the obituary??? What the hell is wrong with you.

You arrogant Self-righteous pompous ass. And when something goes wrong the parent is supposed to read about it in the obituary??? What the hell is wrong with you.

Im pretty sure abortions are generally a very safe procedure especially when done early in the pregnancy, so while noted, your concern is unfounded. I believe that if someone wants to get an abortion it is a very personal decision, if that person feels that its best for them not to tell their parents they shouldnt be compelled to, that it is utlimately the decision of the child to undergo the medical procedure despite any objection the parents may have, and parental consent should be in no way be necessary. If that makes me a "self-righteous pompous ass" then Im okay with that.

Well said.

Im pretty sure abortions are generally a very safe procedure especially when done early in the pregnancy, so while noted, your concern is unfounded. I believe that if someone wants to get an abortion it is a very personal decision, if that person feels that its best for them not to tell their parents they shouldnt be compelled to, that it is utlimately the decision of the child to undergo the medical procedure despite any objection the parents may have, and parental consent should be in no way be necessary. If that makes me a "self-righteous pompous ass" then Im okay with that.
While neither abortion nor pregnancy is 100% safe. Abortion far out ranks pregnancy carried to term as the safer choice. I can't imagine why any parent would try to force or coerce their child into becoming a parent but it does happen. I'd guess that any parent-child relationship where a child was afraid to tell their parent they need to have an abortion is probably already a pretty messed up relationship.
In all fairness, parents who force or coerce their children into having abortions against their will are just as bad, But most are probably well meaning and thinking only of the child's future. Though I'm sure they are also considering their own future responsibilities as grandparents. What I am completely baffled by are parents who put their kids through a pregnancy and then tell the kid to give it up for adoption to strangers. How heartless!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back