Explain to me

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by JBeukema, May 18, 2010.

1. JBeukema

JBeukema BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,705
    the reasoning behind letting apartments and employers discriminate against a person for 7 years when they pose no danger to society

the only reason i can think of is they need/want people to go back to prison for some reason

2. Baruch Menachem

Baruch Menachem '

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,305
    Details, man!

Discriminate how? If you filed a bankruptcy, you have demonstrated your lack of job/money skills and doubtful honesty. They would be stupid not to discriminate in that case.

3. JBeukema

JBeukema BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,705
    I mean as in an honest working White man gets turned down for employment or housing based only on the fact that he defended himself against an attack by multiple assailants- for seven years after defending himself.

4. Lonestar_logic

Lonestar_logic Republic of Texas

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,505
    Can you be anymore vague?

5. Granny

Granny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,270
    Well, he must have a record of some kind for something. "Wanting someone to go back to prison" would indicate there is a record. I don't see anybody volunteering the info that they were in a fight to any prospective employer or a leasing agent.

They do background checks in the complex where I live. They also get a weekly police report so they can keep tabs.

I have to say this is the most beautiful, well-kept, and well-managed complex I've ever lived in.

Last edited: May 19, 2010
  6. Baruch Menachem

Baruch Menachem '

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,305
    The response of society to a police record is just one more reason you don't want one. It is the extra step in law enforcement that if you do bad stuff, there are bad consequences forever.

I don't have a clue to what you are speaking to here, I am just guessing blind. YOu need to provide links and and better explanation before we are going to go an inch for you.

7. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    I am a landlord and if I find a criminal record on one person handing in a ap I will likely rent to someone else who handed in an ap without a criminal record.

I would assume an employer would do the same.

There are other choices to rent or employ is your problem.

I would suggest you get some of your court documented evidence that shows you were attacked and approch your prospective employer or landlord while applying and explain your situation to them up front. We are human and some may feel for your plight and give you a break. When you go through the paperwork to check and find a "surprize" it often justs negates you out because there are other people to choose.

Give it a try.

8. JBeukema

JBeukema BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,705
    Simple really: you and your buddies decide to jump someone and you get hurt- that's on you.

When the victim is charged for defending himself and then is screwed for seven years, there's something very wrong with the system

9. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    I feel for you jb.

Life sometimes is just not fair.

Give what I suggests a try , it cant hurt

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    How very 'liberal' of you. Not.

My dad, a staunch conservative, actively employs people with criminal records... he believes in giving people the chance to change their lives. :eek: I find that a fascinating glance into the mindset of a 'bleeding heart liberal' who won't help their fellow man, and a 'God, Guts and Guns' Conservative who will.

I thought the conservatives were supposed to be the selfish bastards, and the liberals were the ones who care about others.

I am shocked by this discovery...... except I am not shocked at all, or surprised.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1