Is a business allowed to violate civil rights?

Nor are they the property of their parents. They are human beings, not pets.

The relationship between parents and children is privileged. Do you have a problem with that? Parents are liable for the actions of their children, their dependents. Are you saying that a school that cannot legally prescribe aspirin to a sick child has privilege in determining and coordinating an abortion procedure for a minor without parental knowledge or consent? Were the child to die in the procedure, or become unable to have future children of their own, as a result of complications in the procedure, who do you hold responsible? If You were the direct cause of something like that, effecting my daughter, there is no place on earth you would feel safe. The audacity of the Elite determining for the rest of us, in cases like this is criminally insane.
No need to make threats. I don't know your daughter. But if she were to come to me for in ending a pregnancy you were forcing her to carry to term, I do whatever I could for the poor thing.

Since when do parents have the "privilege" of forcing their children to give birth against their will. That's just sick!!. :cuckoo:

Amazing how some people think they can own another person just because they gave birth to it or adopted it.

I am specifically referencing instances where the parent is not even aware of the pregnancy. Your premise is false. If you don't know the difference, I pity you. The child does have recourse through the court, through due process. If you are advocating anything other than legal action, you are part of the problem.

The relationship between parents and children is privileged. Do you have a problem with that? Parents are liable for the actions of their children, their dependents. Are you saying that a school that cannot legally prescribe aspirin to a sick child has privilege in determining and coordinating an abortion procedure for a minor without parental knowledge or consent? Were the child to die in the procedure, or become unable to have future children of their own, as a result of complications in the procedure, who do you hold responsible? If You were the direct cause of something like that, effecting my daughter, there is no place on earth you would feel safe. The audacity of the Elite determining for the rest of us, in cases like this is criminally insane.
No need to make threats. I don't know your daughter. But if she were to come to me for in ending a pregnancy you were forcing her to carry to term, I do whatever I could for the poor thing.

Since when do parents have the "privilege" of forcing their children to give birth against their will. That's just sick!!. :cuckoo:

Amazing how some people think they can own another person just because they gave birth to it or adopted it.

I am specifically referencing instances where the parent is not even aware of the pregnancy. Your premise is false. If you don't know the difference, I pity you. The child does have recourse through the court, through due process. If you are advocating anything other than legal action, you are part of the problem.
Since children do have legal recourse, why would you even insinuate I'd enable an illegal abortion. I believe it's possible in some states for a girl to get an abortion without informing her parents if she has reason to believe she will suffer harm from them for doing so. Not sure about that but I do hope so. No one should be forced to give birth..

Since children do have legal recourse, why would you even insinuate I'd enable an illegal abortion. I believe it's possible in some states for a girl to get an abortion without informing her parents if she has reason to believe she will suffer harm from them for doing so. Not sure about that but I do hope so. No one should be forced to give birth..

You might also assume that a child just might have issues with informing parent or parents about a pregnancy. We all have to grow up sometime. You have no right to enable a medical procedure on a minor without the parents knowledge, let alone consent. You really don't get it do you.

. For instance, I do not believe that the government should tell a private place of business that they cannot allow OR forbid smoking (which is still legal last I checked) on its premises. Private business should be allowed to tell people with no shoes on that they cannot come in to get service.
Smoking is only legal in certain places. It's ironic that you support laws that require people were shooes in certain public places. Laws which were enacted to protect public health, just as anti-smoking laws do.

You need to go back and re-read what I wrote. I said the government should not have the right to force private business to either allow or forbid smoking or the requirement that customers wear shoes.

Those are both examples of things that the government should keep it's nose out of.

Immie

You might also assume that a child just might have issues with informing parent or parents about a pregnancy. We all have to grow up sometime. You have no right to enable a medical procedure on a minor without the parents knowledge, let alone consent. You really don't get it do you.
Do as parent have the right to demand it's ofspring get permission before having sex?
I think it's you who doesn't get it. You don't own your children.

Do as parent have the right to demand it's offspring get permission before having sex?

. For instance, I do not believe that the government should tell a private place of business that they cannot allow OR forbid smoking (which is still legal last I checked) on its premises. Private business should be allowed to tell people with no shoes on that they cannot come in to get service.
Smoking is only legal in certain places. It's ironic that you support laws that require people were shooes in certain public places. Laws which were enacted to protect public health, just as anti-smoking laws do.

You need to go back and re-read what I wrote. I said the government should not have the right to force private business to either allow or forbid smoking or the requirement that customers wear shoes.

Those are both examples of things that the government should keep it's nose out of.

Immie
That's not exactly what you said. In fact your post is ambiguous. However I've been through the smoking issue with you before and that's a dead end street.

Do as parent have the right to demand it's ofspring get permission before having sex?

You have no moral or legal right to perform an abortion on a child, without the knowledge of the parent or parents, without due process. Especially if the parents are unaware of the pregnancy. Who are you defending? What have you yourself done? And the court better have good reason. Who are you defending? What have you yourself done? Who have you hurt? What is behind your obsession? You personally should be 100% liable for any harm or permanent damage.

You have no moral or legal right to perform an abortion on a child, without the knowledge of the parent or parents, without due process. Especially if the parents are unaware of the pregnancy. Who are you defending? What have you yourself done? And the court better have good reason. Who are you defending? What have you yourself done? Who have you hurt? What is behind your obsession? You personally should be 100% liable for any harm or permanent damage.
Do you have your cell phone on some sort of alert to let you know everytime I post on USMB? It's a little creepy how you follow me so closely that you seem to be practically stepping on the back of my heels.

I guess your scream name suits you.

Carry on with your fantasy that I am some sort of back street abortionist for teenage girls. It seems to keep you very busy.

Weirdo!

Immie
That's not exactly what you said. In fact your post is ambiguous. However I've been through the smoking issue with you before and that's a dead end street.

Not exactly, because I felt I had to re-word it for someone who either didn't get it or was trying to change my argument. I'm finding the left is doing that a lot lately.

As for the smoking issue, yeah, we've been down that road before and you are still wrong. ;)

Immie

Immie

Not exactly, because I felt I had to re-word it for someone who either didn't get it or was trying to change my argument. I'm finding the left is doing that a lot lately.

As for the smoking issue, yeah, we've been down that road before and you are still wrong. ;)

Immie

:lol:

Ang believes in two fundamental rights, the right to kill a fetus and the right to own vicious animals. Beyond that she's never encountered a freedom she's not eager to restrict. If nothing else, she's consistent in her inconsistency.

Immie

Immie
Someday you'll see it my way. :tongue:

Immie

:lol:

Ang believes in two fundamental rights, the right to kill a fetus and the right to own vicious animals. Beyond that she's never encountered a freedom she's not eager to restrict. If nothing else, she's consistent in her inconsistency.
Sorry, if I don't agree with you that a person automatically gives consent to sex when they become inebriated.

As for vicious animals, I certainly have pwned you many times but I have no actual interest in keeping you as a pet.

The country was founded on the principal of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness...the federal documents (the constitution) includes the bill of rights. If someone wants to be an American and/or operate in America they cannot act in an un-American manner and violate someone else's civil rights.

What liberty do you really have if someone can refuse to serve you a meal simply because of your skin color?

Definiton: Liberty is a concept of political philosophy and identifies the condition in which an individual has the right to act according to his or her own will.

What about my liberty as a business owner? Why is your liberty (as a customer/client) more valid than mine?

As a business owner, isn't the government taking away my liberties by forcing me to accommodate those whom I freely choose to not do business with?

Some things bear repeating.

Some things bear repeating.
If you say so ....

Sorry, if I don't agree with you that a person automatically gives consent to sex when they become inebriated.

As for vicious animals, I certainly have pwned you many times but I have no actual interest in keeping you as a pet.

Immie
Someday you'll see it my way. :tongue:

I highly doubt it.

And I'm not counting on changing your POV on it either.

Immie

Do you have your cell phone on some sort of alert to let you know everytime I post on USMB? It's a little creepy how you follow me so closely that you seem to be practically stepping on the back of my heels.

Carry on with your fantasy that I am some sort of back street abortionist for teenage girls. It seems to keep you very busy.

Weirdo!

I don't follow you around anywhere Anguille. You place too much value on yourself. I was not envisioning you as an abortionist, I doubt you have the skill level. My gripe with you is in condoning any surgery on a minor without Parental awareness. If you cannot see the wrong in that, you are lying to both me and yourself. If you do not accept that for some, informing their parents of a pregnancy, is a hard thing to do, but necessary, you are on the wrong side, and should not be in a position to influence children at all. If you point out circumstances where the parents, are negligent, abusive, harmful, to children, Family Court, is the direction. Too many are pushed into abortions that live to later regret having gone that route. Sorry Charlie.

Weirdo!

I don't follow you around anywhere Anguille. You place too much value on yourself. I was not envisioning you as an abortionist, I doubt you have the skill level. My gripe with you is in condoning any surgery on a minor without Parental awareness. If you cannot see the wrong in that, you are lying to both me and yourself. If you do not accept that for some, informing their parents of a pregnancy, is a hard thing to do, but necessary, you are on the wrong side, and should not be in a position to influence children at all. If you point out circumstances where the parents, are negligent, abusive, harmful, to children, Family Court, is the direction. Too many are pushed into abortions that live to later regret having gone that route. Sorry Charlie.

I agree with you on this, but ironically enough the only person I know personally that had an abortion was forced into it by her mother. She was 17 at the time.

Forum List

Back