Is a business allowed to violate civil rights?

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
The country was founded on the principal of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness...the federal documents (the constitution) includes the bill of rights. If someone wants to be an American and/or operate in America they cannot act in an un-American manner and violate someone else's civil rights.

What liberty do you really have if someone can refuse to serve you a meal simply because of your skin color?

The country was founded on the principal of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness...the federal documents (the constitution) includes the bill of rights. If someone wants to be an American and/or operate in America they cannot act in an un-American manner and violate someone else's civil rights.

What liberty do you really have if someone can refuse to serve you a meal simply because of your skin color?

Don't worry so much about your liberty. When the Black Panthers get away with batons at the polling booth.. and Eric Holder lets them off. I'd say you will be just fine. Not to worry.

This is gonna turn into a whine about Rand Paul, right?

They can't? :eek: The citizens of Arizona have their constitutional rights taken away each and every day and you seem to be fine with that.

This is gonna turn into a whine about Rand Paul, right?

Is Rand Paul white? :eusa_angel:

The really sad thing about this is our country already decided this one.

There are sadly some idiots who think going backwards will make them happy

oh! I see.. the libturds want "selective" "civil rights" for "select groups" their motto "Civil rights for me but none for thee."

None.

RefuseServiceSign.jpg

My theory: We will never rid ourselves of racists while we force them underground. We will rid ourselves of them by shining a bright light on them for all to see.

So, while I agree that no human being should discriminate against another on any grounds, I am not sure that forcing businesses to do business with someone they do not wish to do business with is the right way to deal with it. Maybe it's better that they be able to discriminate, so that we know who these people are and can avoid doing business with them.

Any restaurant who refused to seat a black person should have the right to do that (no matter how abhorrent I find it) just like I would have the right never to give my business to those businesses.

My theory: We will never rid ourselves of racists while we force them underground. We will rid ourselves of them by shining a bright light on them for all to see.

So, while I agree that no human being should discriminate against another on any grounds, I am not sure that forcing businesses to do business with someone they do not wish to do business with is the right way to deal with it. Maybe it's better that they be able to discriminate, so that we know who these people are and can avoid doing business with them.

Any restaurant who refused to seat a black person should have the right to do that (no matter how abhorrent I find it) just like I would have the right never to give my business to those businesses.

Should we have 'white only' restaurants in the US?

Last edited:

But do businesses have the right to violate someone's civil rights?

Is this the place where republicans start hollering in a lofty and proud voice it was because of them the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was passed?

Ooops. Wrong thread.
:lol: They do do that, how funny.

This is a serious question, though. I often here people claim that a business should be able to do as it pleases but I don't understand why that should be true if it violates someone's right as an American.

A Business has the right to serve who ever they please, the recourse is to make it known who they refuse and let public opinion drive their decisions.

Is this the place where republicans start hollering in a lofty and proud voice it was because of them the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was passed?

Ooops. Wrong thread.

This is a serious question, though. I often here people claim that a business should be able to do as it pleases but I don't understand why that should be true if it violates someone's right as an American.

Probably because it is a FACT. Go check the voting record dumb asses.

A Business has the right to serve who ever they please, the recourse is to make it known who they refuse and let public opinion drive their decisions.
Why? Explain how a business can violate someone's civil rights when neither the government nor an individual can.

Ooops. Wrong thread.

Probably because it is a FACT. Go check the voting record dumb asses.
I must conclude from your posts you are against those republicans and the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 64.

Am I right?

Have you ever seen yourself as a control freak??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just love phrases like "You Cannot" and You Must". Real diplomatic. ;)

New Topics

Forum List

Back