Irregularities in Michigan

Senator Norm Coleman isn't waiting for the recount. He's filing to stop the canvass of votes that will certify the unofficial totals reported. That's right, Coleman wants to win the election based on the unofficial totals. This is not the mandated recount, which under Minnesota law must happen after a close election, in this case less than .5% of the ballots.

Such a recount is by hand, according to intent of the voter, and happens unless the losing candidate waives the recount. Earlier Coleman was pressuring Franken to drop out after the original unofficial totals had him up by slightly over 700 ballots. This is just the legally mandated re-canvass, reconciling the number of ballots with the vote totals, and checking totals reported to the Secretary of State. It has included correcting errors such as one town that didn't call in results at all, and another where a typographical error cost Franken 100 votes. Inch by inch has been pushing against the incumbent Republican, and at least one person on the ground thinks that the reason for this action by Coleman is that Monday could dawn with him behind in the certified totals if the absentee ballots are counted.

Sources close the Franken campaign have stated all along through this process that all the campaign has wanted is for each vote to be counted, and have warned that there might be attempts to "muddy the waters," and that they will aggressively defend the standard process going forward to its conclusion, and having clear and correct totals to determine the election, and for all legal votes to be counted. They point out that historically the final canvass often varies by thousands of votes in a statewide race, differences of hundreds of votes are not uncommon. In 2002 Coleman's win over Mondale narrowed by 8,920 votes, with over 100,000 votes counted in the canvass that were not reported in the results after election day.

To riff off of Franken, Coleman seems to be a litigous litigator who litigates: he has already been turned down on a request not to have 32 absentee ballots counted and is appealing. David Lillehaug, representing the Franken campaign, called the filing a "sneak attack," during a press conference. The right wing Keep Out The Vote machine is going full court press to stop the legal count from completing in time for the November 18th certification of results, let alone the recount that would follow provided the losing candidate does not waive it. However, that losing candidate might well be Norm Coleman based on the numbers coming in from the canvass.

http://www.twincities.com/ci_10935610

Yes in my previous post you can see how this error pre-dates the election by 2 days. So was it an error that they didn't add enough votes prior to election ? On the 32 votes your talking about , running around in someone's car trunk? are those the one's your talking about? You are right about one thing, the tally keeps changing daily in Franken's favor and is comming from a limited number of soruces and not from a tabulation adjustment. So if Coleman needs to go to court to stop this blatent attempt to add votes to Franken's total then so be it. I'm quite sure the three counties out of the 87 in Minnesota will make sure after the recount is all said and done the results will end in Franken's favor as they have already tried to do that 2 days prior to the election.

Yes in my previous post you can see how this error pre-dates the election by 2 days. So was it an error that they didn't add enough votes prior to election ? On the 32 votes your talking about , running around in someone's car trunk? are those the one's your talking about? You are right about one thing, the tally keeps changing daily in Franken's favor and is comming from a limited number of soruces and not from a tabulation adjustment. So if Coleman needs to go to court to stop this blatent attempt to add votes to Franken's total then so be it. I'm quite sure the three counties out of the 87 in Minnesota will make sure after the recount is all said and done the results will end in Franken's favor as they have already tried to do that 2 days prior to the election.

Of course Coleman would claim Franken is blatantly attempting to "pad" his vote count so to speak, ie; 32 votes... This is suppostion on the part of Coleman. The courts will do a fine job determing the real vote from the padded vote. The race is close, so the recount is manditory. Coleman should stop complaining.

This stuff isn't ancient history buddy. This shit is still fresh.

ThomHartmann.com - Evidence Mounts That The Vote May Have Been Hacked

I don't recall George W. Bush running in this last election sealy no matter how badly some would have wanted him to run. I have news for you sealy, yesterday is history. So if the evidence points to the fact that the vote was hacked as was demostrated on the recent HBO special, does that change the fact that George W. Bush was president, no it doesn't. The only thing it does, is give people the incentive to make sure that it does not happen again. You think that electronic voting machine issues are a just a democrat issue? I suggest you look again, there were many republicans effected by them as well.

Of course Coleman would claim Franken is blatantly attempting to "pad" his vote count so to speak, ie; 32 votes... This is suppostion on the part of Coleman. The courts will do a fine job determing the real vote from the padded vote. The race is close, so the recount is manditory. Coleman should stop complaining.

You missed the 100 on top of that 32, but then again those were before the election so those must not be padded votes, those must be just a clerical error. Yes, your correct there is a mandatory recount called for, however when you see magical votes appear on a daily basis after the election from 3 counties that are always in favor of your opponent , democrat or republican, anyone would call that into question. As I said earlier, the DNC has no worries on this one, the 3 counties in question will sufficiently steal this one for Franken.

they didn't.

And Dem's get the only free passes. Willow, you are amazingly hypocritical its transparent(hypocritical being short for full of shit)

If Coleman won, then he should win, but for you to act as if Florida wasn't stolen by the Republicans then you're either blinded or an idiot(probably the ladder). I live in Florida and was here the entire time and even Republican Floridians admit that there was some "improprieties" Give it up

You missed the 100 on top of that 32, but then again those were before the election so those must not be padded votes, those must be just a clerical error. Yes, your correct there is a mandatory recount called for, however when you see magical votes appear on a daily basis after the election from 3 counties that are always in favor of your opponent , democrat or republican, anyone would call that into question. As I said earlier, the DNC has no worries on this one, the 3 counties in question will sufficiently steal this one for Franken.

Oh well, we will never know for sure, will we? I guess in some respects we can just call it all even. One for Franken, one for Bush.

Karma, some would say...

And Dem's get the only free passes. Willow, you are amazingly hypocritical its transparent(hypocritical being short for full of shit)

If Coleman won, then he should win, but for you to act as if Florida wasn't stolen by the Republicans then you're either blinded or an idiot(probably the ladder). I live in Florida and was here the entire time and even Republican Floridians admit that there was some "improprieties" Give it up

Let me add here too, what happened in Fl. in 2000 was a study in inproprieties and more resembled a 3rd world country without the Ak-47's trying to elect someone. My point here is a simple one, George W. Bush no matter how much people hate the outcome, ended up the victor. The other issues there was Al Gore after the Supreme Court decision elected not to take it back to the State Supreme Court and end it. So again, George W. Bush did not run in this last election nor is he running for Senator in Minnesota, and election stealing is election stealing no matter how anyone tries to justify it.

I don't recall George W. Bush running in this last election sealy no matter how badly some would have wanted him to run. I have news for you sealy, yesterday is history. So if the evidence points to the fact that the vote was hacked as was demostrated on the recent HBO special, does that change the fact that George W. Bush was president, no it doesn't. The only thing it does, is give people the incentive to make sure that it does not happen again. You think that electronic voting machine issues are a just a democrat issue? I suggest you look again, there were many republicans effected by them as well.

Show me that a Democratic/blue state bought voting machines from an Obama supporter and that those machines were hacked! Because we busted your ES&S, Sequoia & (I forgot the 3rd company). Their machines were hackable and often spit out numbers that were not accurate.

If 60 percent of the time the errors favored the GOP and 40% of the time they favored the Dems, then maybe you could say it was a mistake.

But all the errors went in favor of Bush. Know what that's called? ELECTION FRAUD. Which is much worse than voter fraud. Voter fraud is one vote, election fraud is stealing the entire election.

No, you are not going to brush this under the rug by saying it is ancient history. Now that the Bush prosecutors and appointees will be replaced, I'm sure we are going to learn a lot more.

And hey, Natalie Holloway was murdered a few years ago. That's old news. Even though that scumbag was caught on tape admitting he dumped her in the ocean. Right? Long time ago. Let it go. Let's just make sure it doesn't ever happen again. Water under the bridge, right?

I think this is a hangable offense. This is our most imporant right. Without a vote, what makes you free? What makes you better than any other citizen?

PS. Punishing the people who stole our elections will help assure it doesn't happen again.

And get rid of blackbox voting machines altogether.

Minnesota has a Republican governor.

I don't think a Dem is going to steal an election there.

Oh well, we will never know for sure, will we? I guess in some respects we can just call it all even. One for Franken, one for Bush.

Karma, some would say...

You think Franken falsely winning Minnesota makes us square on Bush stealing the last two presidential elections?

At least you are admitting he stole it. :clap2:

Show me that a Democratic/blue state bought voting machines from an Obama supporter and that those machines were hacked! Because we busted your ES&S, Sequoia & (I forgot the 3rd company). Their machines were hackable and often spit out numbers that were not accurate.

If 60 percent of the time the errors favored the GOP and 40% of the time they favored the Dems, then maybe you could say it was a mistake.

But all the errors went in favor of Bush. Know what that's called? ELECTION FRAUD. Which is much worse than voter fraud. Voter fraud is one vote, election fraud is stealing the entire election.

No, you are not going to brush this under the rug by saying it is ancient history. Now that the Bush prosecutors and appointees will be replaced, I'm sure we are going to learn a lot more.

And hey, Natalie Holloway was murdered a few years ago. That's old news. Even though that scumbag was caught on tape admitting he dumped her in the ocean. Right? Long time ago. Let it go. Let's just make sure it doesn't ever happen again. Water under the bridge, right?

I think this is a hangable offense. This is our most imporant right. Without a vote, what makes you free? What makes you better than any other citizen?

PS. Punishing the people who stole our elections will help assure it doesn't happen again.

And get rid of blackbox voting machines altogether.

I suggest you reread my post sealy and understand what I said, is simply that you learn from your mistake and you do whatever is necessary to correct them. If you spend your time constantly upset over preceived wrongs in past elections then you will never be able to fix those wrongs ever. I have not advocated that you sweep them under the rug , that is your preception of my posting. Let me put it to you this way, no matter how much you or anyone else hates George W. Bush you will have a new president soon and I can assure you that you will NEVER see George W. Bush prosecuted for anything, so your spinning your wheels when you need to address the issue. The issue here is the ability to effect elections by tampering with the vote, electronically, etc. Then my suggestion is you fix it where you live.

and we never wanted them in the first place
but the dems INSISTED we spend money on them

I suggest you reread my post sealy and understand what I said, is simply that you learn from your mistake and you do whatever is necessary to correct them. If you spend your time constantly upset over preceived wrongs in past elections then you will never be able to fix those wrongs ever. I have not advocated that you sweep them under the rug , that is your preception of my posting. Let me put it to you this way, no matter how much you or anyone else hates George W. Bush you will have a new president soon and I can assure you that you will NEVER see George W. Bush prosecuted for anything, so your spinning your wheels when you need to address the issue. The issue here is the ability to effect elections by tampering with the vote, electronically, etc. Then my suggestion is you fix it where you live.

I actually liked your last post and I'm sorry if my reply came off as negative. You are right. Obama isn't going to prosecute/imprison the former president. Then if the GOP take over in 2012, Obama would have to suffer the wrath of the next president.

And yes, let's make it so elections can't get stolen anymore.

But it doesn't do us any good for people to say Bush didn't steal the last two elections either.

What's the saying? People who don't know history are doomed to repeat it?

and we never wanted them in the first place
but the dems INSISTED we spend money on them

Proof? You guys always ask for proof, well I call bullshit!!!

And if we did want voting machines, we didn't want Bush buddies/contributors being the sole providers.

Proof? You guys always ask for proof, well I call bullshit!!!

And if we did want voting machines, we didn't want Bush buddies/contributors being the sole providers.
bobo, you are such an ignorant person i wouldnt expect you to know your ass from a hole in the ground, so why should i waste my time and effort to show you something you should ALREADY know if you could remember something beyond last week
:hand:

oh and as to what machines were bought, that was totally up to the states/county/communities that bought them
and yeah, Bush had such control over all those places
:rolleyes:
totally controled by democrats in MOST cases

Last edited:
Arizona State Senator Jack Harper, a Republican, has issued subpoenas for access to ballots and tabulation equipment used in the 2004 LD20 Republican primary election, in which a machine recount in Maricopa County resulted in nearly 500 more votes counted on the same ballots. The data shows pretty conclusively that either the optical scanners failed (ES&S Optech IV-C) or there was tampering or at least mishandling of the ballots. The Maricopa County election officials have not been forthcoming as to the cause of the discrepancy. Harper has been talking with Doug Jones about conducting tests here later this month. The state senators supporting Harper are all Republicans, which is great, as this makes this a bipartisan concern here. Unfortunately, Harper is getting a lot of pressure from the Senate leadership to drop this investigation. Nevertheless, he just released the following message

VoteTrustUSA - Arizona: Senators Call on County Attorney Andy Thomas to Approve Release of Ballots

Just so you know Voting machine issues are not the pervue of democrats no matter how much the media wants people to believe that. When votes are tampered with we all lose. So again , to deflect to George W. Bush does nothing to solve these issues where you live no matter how much you want to see him prosecuted for anything. If you want this to change do something in your area to change it. The explosion of E-Voting Machines in case anyone is interested were a result of the Fl. debacle and an attempt rectify the so called *chad* issue. It would seem punch cards were not so bad afterall.

I actually liked your last post and I'm sorry if my reply came off as negative. You are right. Obama isn't going to prosecute/imprison the former president. Then if the GOP take over in 2012, Obama would have to suffer the wrath of the next president.

And yes, let's make it so elections can't get stolen anymore.

But it doesn't do us any good for people to say Bush didn't steal the last two elections either.

What's the saying? People who don't know history are doomed to repeat it?

I completly agree, history is a great teacher IMHO and to learn from it's lessons we all win. My feelings are that too much time is spent on hurt feelings in recent years much to the chagrin of us all. These issues can be solved easily and all we need to do is look at history as a guide and learn from it. I don't like even the slightest indication that ANY election has a taint of being stolen it does a diservice to everyone and shows a complete lack of respect in our process on the part of those that would do such a thing. The fact is that if your ideas and your values are not enough to get you elected , then I have a good suggestion, change them or don't run. Seems simple enough.

Arizona State Senator Jack Harper, a Republican, has issued subpoenas for access to ballots and tabulation equipment used in the 2004 LD20 Republican primary election, in which a machine recount in Maricopa County resulted in nearly 500 more votes counted on the same ballots. The data shows pretty conclusively that either the optical scanners failed (ES&S Optech IV-C) or there was tampering or at least mishandling of the ballots. The Maricopa County election officials have not been forthcoming as to the cause of the discrepancy. Harper has been talking with Doug Jones about conducting tests here later this month. The state senators supporting Harper are all Republicans, which is great, as this makes this a bipartisan concern here. Unfortunately, Harper is getting a lot of pressure from the Senate leadership to drop this investigation. Nevertheless, he just released the following message

VoteTrustUSA - Arizona: Senators Call on County Attorney Andy Thomas to Approve Release of Ballots

Just so you know Voting machine issues are not the pervue of democrats no matter how much the media wants people to believe that. When votes are tampered with we all lose. So again , to deflect to George W. Bush does nothing to solve these issues where you live no matter how much you want to see him prosecuted for anything. If you want this to change do something in your area to change it. The explosion of E-Voting Machines in case anyone is interested were a result of the Fl. debacle and an attempt rectify the so called *chad* issue. It would seem punch cards were not so bad afterall.
exactly
when was the last time you found republicans, the conservative ones, wanting to spend a lot of money for machines that werent really needed and only used once every 2 years?
i said it was a waste of resources then, and i do now
but they bought em
do you just throw them away now?
or sue the manufacturers to refund the money spent or fix them?

New Topics

Forum List

Back