Invite others to private conversation option

ChrisL

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2014
Wherever the wild things are!!
I have a couple of private conversations that I would like to invite others too. I notice that my more recent conversations have the option to "invite others." However, some of my older conversations do not have this option. How do I fix this?

Oh, I see theDoctorisIn is online now. Could you please answer my question above. On my recent convos, I have an option to invite others to my conversation. On some of my older ones, that option is not there. I would like to have that option because I want to invite somebody to read them. I have a point to prove. :)

I have no idea.

How old are these conversations? There might be a time limit involved. Is it possible the conversations are from before the board software switch?

cereal_killer might be able to answer.

Thanks for the prompt response. :) I really appreciate that more than you know. Lol. I believe I am going to let this go . . . for the time being, but if CK wants to come here and give me some information, that would be appreciated too.

I have no idea.

How old are these conversations? There might be a time limit involved. Is it possible the conversations are from before the board software switch?

Thanks for the prompt response. :) I really appreciate that more than you know. Lol. I believe I am going to let this go . . . for the time being, but if CK wants to come here and give me some information, that would be appreciated too.

Here is the actual solution to your question
When you create a conversation, you can check a box that allows anyone in that conversation to invite others, if the person who created that thread did NOT check that box, then no you can't invite others as a participant.

So, sometimes you have conversations where you can invite others even though you didn't create the conversation, and sometimes you don't.

I have no idea.

Here is the actual solution to your question
When you create a conversation, you can check a box that allows anyone in that conversation to invite others, if the person who created that thread did NOT check that box, then no you can't invite others as a participant.

So, sometimes you have conversations where you can invite others even though you didn't create the conversation, and sometimes you don't.

That's a good point.

Some people could try to invite other members into a conversation that you and the other person was in, for bad reasons. Clicking that option will remediate this, and anyone who does use the conversation option frequently should use it.

Forum List

Back