Investigation against Rush ends

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Avatar4321, Apr 29, 2006.

1. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,153
    Charges against Limbaugh dismissed

You know, its good to see that that stupid investigation is dropped, but it's a travesty to know that he now has to pay thousands of dollars because a prosecutor trumped up charges to begin with.

2. Bullypulpit

Bullypulpit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379
    Money talks and crap walks...the drug addled gas-bag skates.

3. Dr Grump

Dr Grump Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,216
    Going by your link, sounds like he was guilty as sin... ;)

4. CrimsonWhite

CrimsonWhite *****istrator Emeritus Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,757
    He was, but not in the way everybody(meaning the "flush Rush" crowd) is making it out to be. I don't care for him, but he isn't your everyday addict. He was addicted to OxyCoton. This is a highly addictive pain killer that he was prescribed by a doctor. He wasn't smoking crack or shooting up. He got hooked on an overly prescribed pain reliever. If anything, it is the doctor's fault for giving him the pills. OxyCoton is bad shit and is legal. This could very well have happened to you or someone that you know.

5. Dr Grump

Dr Grump Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,216
    You've hit the nail on the head, which is all the more reason Rush should have been more circumspect throughout his career. It's hard to feel sorry for somebody who has played the "Holier than thou" card all his life...

6. CrimsonWhite

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,757
    Limbaugh never attacked this kind of drug abuse. He spoke out against crack, heroin, cannibus, cocaine, ecstasy, and methamphetimine. All illegal drug users. He was right on this issue and it is unfortunate that his message has been blurred by being a victim of a medicated society.

7. Dr Grump

Dr Grump Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,216
    So Oxycoton is highly addictive, like crack and heroin, but because society has deemed it a medicinal drug that makes it ok? Not in my book....A drug is a drug is a drug....either you're for 'em or against 'em...and if you are against 'em, you better be squeaky clean IMO...

8. CrimsonWhite

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,757
    So all drugs are bad? Is penicillin included. Your conclusion are so moronic that they are funny. I swear you are against everything. I bet I could name anything in the world, and you would argue a position against it.

And FYI, Oxycoton is now being used almost exclusively with hospice patients. At the time that it was prescribed to Mr. Limbaugh, it was not. He really had no idea what was being prescribed. You compare him to crack addict. Show me a crack addict that has had crack prescribed to him.

9. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,153
    Why do you have to be squeky clean to be against them? I have a friend who overdosed twice and is totally against them. Why? Because he has seen their effects first hand. They nearly killed him.

You don't have to be perfect to speak out for what's right. If you did, no one could speak out. It doesn't matter if someone lives the message perfectly if the message is true.

Oh, and if he was guilty of anything, the DA would never have taken a deal. I am going just by what I would do myself. If I were the DA and had a solid case against a celebrity, regardless of party affiliation, id press it hard. Several reason. 1)To show that celebrities aren't above the law. 2)a high profile case would get me publicity and more work when I was done being a DA.

In this case, the DA was hardly a non-partisan. The state officials made it clear they were on a fishing expedition against Rush. Just the fact they agreed to this agreement shows they had nothing solid to pursue it on.

10. Dr Grump

Dr Grump Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,216
    No and no.

Glad to give you a laugh!

Really? What makes you say that? I just don't like all-encompassing, stereotypical crap. Every situation is different in any set of circumstances. It's a weakness, I know.

hhhmmm...I don't think I compared them at all. Drugs, in many forms, are highly addictive. You seem to give a free pass to those drugs that society has deemed "OK", but those that are not, "throw the book at them". We all have our weaknesses. I realise this. Rush did not. When his showed up, he wanted compassion. When others had their weaknesses show up, he didn't. Go figure...