Internment of Japanese-Americans During World War II

Whatever you may say about the internment of Japanese-Americans, you cannot say that it had no legitimate national security function. We will never know what would have occurred, if the internment had not happened.

How about we intern all white men so we don't have any more Dylan Roofs? We never know when the next mass shooting will be and you seem to commit 95% of them.
That is stupid

White men didn't attack Pearl Harbor

See?.............It worked
They never attacked us again

You evidently read, or research on your own, what I wrote. So let me use simple words that even YOU can understand.

After 7 June, 1942 (Pearl Harbor happened 7 December, 1941. Go ahead and count the number of months between then and 7 June, 1942. It's ok to use your fingers) Japan was militarily incapable of making another Pearl Harbor-like attack.

I bet you didn't even know that the Japanese militarily occupied a portion of a U.S. state between 3 June, 1942 and 29 July, 1943, and bombed an American town on the evening of June 3rd.
You have to be one of the dumbest posters on this board. Takes everything literally. I hate when idiots are too dumb to know when someone is pulling their leg

I'm not a "game player" like you. I tend to take people at their word. They say it, they mean it. Sarcasm, or "pulling your leg" seldom work in forums like this unless one uses a means to identify it as such. If you don't know that, you are too dumb to post on one. It's impossible to read minds over a wire.

You evidently read, or research on your own, what I wrote. So let me use simple words that even YOU can understand.

After 7 June, 1942 (Pearl Harbor happened 7 December, 1941. Go ahead and count the number of months between then and 7 June, 1942. It's ok to use your fingers) Japan was militarily incapable of making another Pearl Harbor-like attack.

I bet you didn't even know that the Japanese militarily occupied a portion of a U.S. state between 3 June, 1942 and 29 July, 1943, and bombed an American town on the evening of June 3rd.
You have to be one of the dumbest posters on this board. Takes everything literally. I hate when idiots are too dumb to know when someone is pulling their leg

I'm not a "game player" like you. I tend to take people at their word. They say it, they mean it. Sarcasm, or "pulling your leg" seldom work in forums like this unless one uses a means to identify it as such. If you don't know that, you are too dumb to post on one. It's impossible to read minds over a wire.
Do you know that if you say "gullible" real slow.......it sounds like "orange"?

Whatever you say, clown.

What I read or heard was the reasoning for the interment of Japanese on the west coast was because they knew who were spies but didn't want the Japanese to know they knew so they interred all of the Japanese. Didn't really have to do with race per se except it was Japan that did bomb Pearl.
If that was true it would have seemed like a better idea to leave the spies free and feed then fake info. Kind of like the media does to all the libs.

Wasn't so much as being worried about spies, though there were several, as it was about the fear of sabotage from the Japanese. At that time there was palpable fear of a Japanese invasion of the West Coast and that the ones here would support it. It was only after the war that we found out that neither Japan or Germany had any invasion plans for the U.S.

Japanese internment IS a black mark in our history, but at the time it was a reasonable action to take in defense of our country. The "Japanese Threat" was real in the lives of the people.

My father's cousin was a guard in a Japanese internment camp during WWII. He has passed now but I remember him talking about it. He said that for the most part they treated the internees with respect and humanely. He also felt it was necessary.

Let us also not forget we interned about 10,000 German and Italian Americans during the war.

You have to remember we were at war with Japan, Germany and Italy. A declared war.

Whatever you may say about the internment of Japanese-Americans, you cannot say that it had no legitimate national security function. We will never know what would have occurred, if the internment had not happened.

How about we intern all white men so we don't have any more Dylan Roofs? We never know when the next mass shooting will be and you seem to commit 95% of them.
That is stupid

Nor did the Japanese-Americans living there, who had the same Constitutional rights as everyone else.

That is stupid

Nor did the Japanese-Americans living there, who had the same Constitutional rights as everyone else.

Before we interred Japanese.........Pearl Harbor
After we interred Japanese........no attacks

History doesn't lie

It worked

There was no Japanese terrorism
Can't deny that.

Hey...FDR knew what he was doing

Before Japanese internment.....Pearl Fucking Harbor
After Japanese internment....No Japanese attacks
You know what I find amazing? How your ideology can switch, all because of a letter.

FDR was a freak'n military genius

He used interred Japanese as hostages

Hey Hirohito! Try that shit again and these Japs get it!
Notice how the Japanese didn't attack us again?
They didn't have the means to attack the continental US. They did in Alaska. And they created balloons with explosives to ride the wind to America.

It worked

Can't deny that.

You know what I find amazing? How your ideology can switch, all because of a letter.

They didn't have the means to attack the continental US. They did in Alaska. And they created balloons with explosives to ride the wind to America.
You were around back then?

It worked

Can't deny that.

Of course they didn't

FDR locked up all their spies

Can't deny that.

Not quite, every war since, but they did teach history back when I went to school. Not sure what they are teaching today.

Not quite, every war since, but they did teach history back when I went to school. Not sure what they are teaching today.
Schools today teach fisting.

Whatever you say, clown.

This is just his usual self....being stupid.

I've pondered this question briefly in the past myself. Why were Japanese interred but not Germans? The only thing I can come up with is national pride. The Japanese were very prideful of their mother country, where as the German's in general were ashamed? ~shrug~

What I read or heard was the reasoning for the interment of Japanese on the west coast was because they knew who were spies but didn't want the Japanese to know they knew so they interred all of the Japanese. Didn't really have to do with race per se except it was Japan that did bomb Pearl.
If that was true it would have seemed like a better idea to leave the spies free and feed then fake info. Kind of like the media does to all the libs.

Wasn't so much as being worried about spies, though there were several, as it was about the fear of sabotage from the Japanese. At that time there was palpable fear of a Japanese invasion of the West Coast and that the ones here would support it. It was only after the war that we found out that neither Japan or Germany had any invasion plans for the U.S.

Japanese internment IS a black mark in our history, but at the time it was a reasonable action to take in defense of our country. The "Japanese Threat" was real in the lives of the people.

My father's cousin was a guard in a Japanese internment camp during WWII. He has passed now but I remember him talking about it. He said that for the most part they treated the internees with respect and humanely. He also felt it was necessary.

Let us also not forget we interned about 10,000 German and Italian Americans during the war.

You have to remember we were at war with Japan, Germany and Italy. A declared war.

It is NEVER necessary to intern innocent American citizens.

Supporters make it sound so nice and respectable. Ignoring the fact that they lost everything - their savings, assets, jobs, property. That they were forced to live in substandard conditions. That despite the fact that their country turned on them, they did not turn on their country.

You don't do that to American citizens.

I've pondered this question briefly in the past myself. Why were Japanese interred but not Germans? The only thing I can come up with is national pride. The Japanese were very prideful of their mother country, where as the German's in general were ashamed? ~shrug~

You have to understand....times change and so do people

The Japanese of 1942 were sneaky, cunning and wanted to kill us in our sleep
Today, they make cool cars, nice Sushi and teach us wax on/wax off

Oh look stereo types... How lefty typical.

Todays Japs are not like the Japs of 1942

us_propaganda_japanese_enemy.jpg

You want this guy running around your neighborhood?
I sure don't. Lets lock them up to be safe

The only way that a valid, objective assessment could be made, is if there was an internment, and no internment, and then compare the two side by side – which, of course, is impossible. We will simply never know.

What we CAN assess, is that if we had never allowed Muslims to immigrate here, or come here on visas, we would not have had many terrorist attacks, which, in total, have killed thousands of our people.

We can also assess that a Muslim ban is not only legal, it is required by the Constitution’s Supremacy Clause (Article 6, Section 2, Part 1)

The Japanese had been able to farm in California better than others. The internment provided the ability to confiscate that land. The Germans and Italians were also rounded up. And committees were created where people could use rumors or economic motives to destroy families and business. I'm sure you have encountered gossip mongers irl and these were the people deciding the fate of others. There were no clear lines based on evidence.

There was no legitimate national security function. In fact, Earl Warren would later apologize.

Forum List

Back