Internment of Japanese-Americans During World War II

It worked

There was no Japanese terrorism
Can't deny that.

Hey...FDR knew what he was doing

Before Japanese internment.....Pearl Fucking Harbor
After Japanese internment....No Japanese attacks
You know what I find amazing? How your ideology can switch, all because of a letter.

FDR was a freak'n military genius

He used interred Japanese as hostages

Hey Hirohito! Try that shit again and these Japs get it!
Notice how the Japanese didn't attack us again?

FDR was no military genius.

It worked

Can't deny that.

You know what I find amazing? How your ideology can switch, all because of a letter.

You make me want to throw up

It worked

Can't deny that.

You can't argue with success

He turned the US from a third rate military power to the strongest military in history

It worked

Can't deny that.

You are weak....lacking the balls of FDR
FDR knew how to handle the Japs

Can't deny that.

He turned the US from a third rate military power to the strongest military in history

Actually, that was Eisenhower, Bradly, Patton, MacArthur, etc.

Whatever you may say about the internment of Japanese-Americans, you cannot say that it had no legitimate national security function. We will never know what would have occurred, if the internment had not happened.

The only way that a valid, objective assessment could be made, is if there was an internment, and no internment, and then compare the two side by side – which, of course, is impossible. We will simply never know.

What we CAN assess, is that if we had never allowed Muslims to immigrate here, or come here on visas, we would not have had many terrorist attacks, which, in total, have killed thousands of our people.

We can also assess that a Muslim ban is not only legal, it is required by the Constitution’s Supremacy Clause (Article 6, Section 2, Part 1)
Were Americans of German and Italian descent interred? Nope! Just the Americans of Japanese descent. It was racially motivated and did nothing to improve homeland security.

Americans of Japanese descent enlisted in the American armed forces. They were subsequently one of, it not the most decorated units serving our country.

Can't deny that.

You are weak....lacking the balls of FDR
FDR knew how to handle the Japs

The Japs?

The Generals you mention were field commanders and had nothing to do with developing or building the long-range attributes of the US military. The only one in that group that fought the Japanese was MacArthur, and he got his ass beat until the US Navy and Marines came to his assistance and took command.

FDR built the Arsenal of Democracy........Including the bomb that ended the war

Don't include MacArthur with those great Generals (you left off Marshall). MacArthur surrendered the Philippines and spent the whole war trying to get it back

Oh the horrors of doing what's best to stay alive in '45 and then evaluating it from the safety of 70 years later

Whatever you may say about the internment of Japanese-Americans, you cannot say that it had no legitimate national security function. We will never know what would have occurred, if the internment had not happened.

The only way that a valid, objective assessment could be made, is if there was an internment, and no internment, and then compare the two side by side – which, of course, is impossible. We will simply never know.

What we CAN assess, is that if we had never allowed Muslims to immigrate here, or come here on visas, we would not have had many terrorist attacks, which, in total, have killed thousands of our people.

We can also assess that a Muslim ban is not only legal, it is required by the Constitution’s Supremacy Clause (Article 6, Section 2, Part 1)
Were Americans of German and Italian descent interred? Nope! Just the Americans of Japanese descent. It was racially motivated and did nothing to improve homeland security.

Americans of Japanese descent enlisted in the American armed forces. They were subsequently one of, it not the most decorated units serving our country.

Five Surprises About US Internment During World War II

But few people know that the Executive Order 9066, signed by President Roosevelt, which permitted the roundup of Japanese and their American-born children, also paved the way for the arrest of Germans and Italians whom the FBI considered security risks and labeled "enemy aliens." Indeed, the day before Roosevelt signed the order, FBI agents had arrested 264 Italians, 1,296 Germans, and 2,209 on the East and West Coasts. The hunt for perceived enemies was on.

The five "facts" are outlined @ http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/...about-american-internment-during-world-war-ii

Some of m best friends during this time were kids whose parents had come to the US from Japan. They were very patriotic and struggled had to learn English and American ways. I remember them being there one day and gone the next. It was only later that I learned what had happened to them.

When they returned to their homes, none of them held a grudge or were angry. In fact, the father told me he understood and agreed that what happened to he and his family was nothing but the wages of war.

It has nothing to do with any religion, except in your warped mind
Islam is not a religion, except in your suckered mind.

I'll have to be off this library computer very soon, so if you think you can come up with a rebuttal, you'll need to hurry.

PS - Article 6, Section 2, part 1 (the Supremacy Clause >> "This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land;

Got it now ? :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back