Internment of Japanese-Americans During World War II

Islam is recognized as a religion by all major religions of the world, by international legal and diplomatic entities and by all dictionaries of scholastic standing. The denial of Islam being a religion is made by partisan political factions of the far extreme right and generally viewed as a fraudulent claim of no serious substance.
Islam is not recognized as a religion by most people around the world, and even some NATIONS don't accept it as a religion (Example > Italy)

Italy: Islam Not Recognized as a Religion — Denied Religious Tax Status
"Islam is not recognized as a religion by most people around the world"
Are you fucking insane?

Islam is recognized as a religion by all major religions of the world, by international legal and diplomatic entities and by all dictionaries of scholastic standing. The denial of Islam being a religion is made by partisan political factions of the far extreme right and generally viewed as a fraudulent claim of no serious substance.
Islam is not recognized as a religion by most people around the world, and even some NATIONS don't accept it as a religion (Example > Italy)

Are you fucking insane?
Maybe, but not because of that. It isn't "most people" but there are a few countries that have banned it and shit. Hell, there are 30 something countries that don't recognize Israel. Its not like people hating certain religions is new or something

Are you fucking insane?
Maybe, but not because of that. It isn't "most people" but there are a few countries that have banned it and shit. Hell, there are 30 something countries that don't recognize Israel. Its not like people hating certain religions is new or something
What countries have banned Islam, Einstein?

Can't deny that.

Hey...FDR knew what he was doing

Before Japanese internment.....Pearl Fucking Harbor
After Japanese internment....No Japanese attacks
You know what I find amazing? How your ideology can switch, all because of a letter.

FDR was a freak'n military genius

He used interred Japanese as hostages

Hey Hirohito! Try that shit again and these Japs get it!
Notice how the Japanese didn't attack us again?

The Japanese plan was never to have sustained attacks against America. Their plan was to make a devastating attack against us so that we would immediately sue for peace. The Japanese government thought we were weak because of the isolationism ideology of America after WWI, and would avoid war at all costs. Yamamoto, who went to Harvard and knew of America's industrial might and that we were not a weak people, famously stated after Pearl Harbor that "All we have done is awaken a sleeping tiger" (some say Giant), and that Japan would only rule the Pacific for 6 months.

He was right.

4 months after Pearl, the "Doolittle Raid" bombed Tokyo with B-25 Mitchell's launched from the U.S.S. Hornet (that was sunk later in the war). 6 months later, (1 month after the Battle of the Coral Sea" that was a U.S. victory), at the "Battle of Midway" the U.S. Navy sunk 4 Japanese Aircraft Carriers and turned the tide of war in the Pacific.

The Japanese believed their homeland was guarded by the God's, so they were immune to attack. They believed that they were protected by a "Divine Wind", (a "Kamikaze" that had sunk a Chinese attack force centuries before in the Sea of Japan), and had never been attacked or invaded in history. The bombing of Tokyo proved them wrong.

Also, Japan was never able to recover from the losses of ships and experienced pilots suffered at Coral Sea and Midway. But the Bushido code of never surrendering, and dying for the Emperor, caused them to prolong the war far beyond their ability to fight a successful campaign.

I apologize to those already know all of this. There are a few here to seem not to know, and I thought it important for them to understand what happened in the Pacific.

As for FDR, I'm not sure that "military genius" applies. He was, however, a superb wartime leader.

Nonsense propaganda

The Japs knew that if they attacked us again, FDR would have executed all the Japanese in his camps

See?.............It worked
They never attacked us again

There's no point in debating you. You fail to know, learn, or accept facts. I would wager you ave never actually studied WWII, and American/Japanese involvement.

I have agreed that Japanese internment was a bad thing, but from years of interest in, and study of, WWI, I understand why it was done.

All the Monday Morning Quarterbacking many here want to use to criticize the action, the fail to acknowledge the real fear the American government its citizens had of Japan.

Additionally, I'd wager you have no clue about why attacked Pearl Harbor in the first place, or about the atrocities they were doing in Manchuria that led up to the cause of the attack.

After my decades of interest in the history, and study, of WWII I would be willing to debate and, hopefully, educate you on the lead-up and subsequent reasoning behind what was done in the prosecution of that war.

If you ever grow up and put away your rose-colored glasses, let me know.

Are you fucking insane?
What countries have banned Islam, Einstein?
Italy. They didn't ban it per se but you get my drift. IDK try to read a goddamn link.
I was thinking of Slovakia as well but they didn't ban it. The law got vetoed. They are working on legislation to make religious status impossible, though.

Hey...FDR knew what he was doing

Before Japanese internment.....Pearl Fucking Harbor
After Japanese internment....No Japanese attacks
You know what I find amazing? How your ideology can switch, all because of a letter.

The Japanese plan was never to have sustained attacks against America. Their plan was to make a devastating attack against us so that we would immediately sue for peace. The Japanese government thought we were weak because of the isolationism ideology of America after WWI, and would avoid war at all costs. Yamamoto, who went to Harvard and knew of America's industrial might and that we were not a weak people, famously stated after Pearl Harbor that "All we have done is awaken a sleeping tiger" (some say Giant), and that Japan would only rule the Pacific for 6 months.

He was right.

4 months after Pearl, the "Doolittle Raid" bombed Tokyo with B-25 Mitchell's launched from the U.S.S. Hornet (that was sunk later in the war). 6 months later, (1 month after the Battle of the Coral Sea" that was a U.S. victory), at the "Battle of Midway" the U.S. Navy sunk 4 Japanese Aircraft Carriers and turned the tide of war in the Pacific.

The Japanese believed their homeland was guarded by the God's, so they were immune to attack. They believed that they were protected by a "Divine Wind", (a "Kamikaze" that had sunk a Chinese attack force centuries before in the Sea of Japan), and had never been attacked or invaded in history. The bombing of Tokyo proved them wrong.

Also, Japan was never able to recover from the losses of ships and experienced pilots suffered at Coral Sea and Midway. But the Bushido code of never surrendering, and dying for the Emperor, caused them to prolong the war far beyond their ability to fight a successful campaign.

I apologize to those already know all of this. There are a few here to seem not to know, and I thought it important for them to understand what happened in the Pacific.

As for FDR, I'm not sure that "military genius" applies. He was, however, a superb wartime leader.

Nonsense propaganda

The Japs knew that if they attacked us again, FDR would have executed all the Japanese in his camps

There's no point in debating you. You fail to know, learn, or accept facts. I would wager you ave never actually studied WWII, and American/Japanese involvement.

I have agreed that Japanese internment was a bad thing, but from years of interest in, and study of, WWI, I understand why it was done.

All the Monday Morning Quarterbacking many here want to use to criticize the action, the fail to acknowledge the real fear the American government its citizens had of Japan.

Additionally, I'd wager you have no clue about why attacked Pearl Harbor in the first place, or about the atrocities they were doing in Manchuria that led up to the cause of the attack.

After my decades of interest in the history, and study, of WWII I would be willing to debate and, hopefully, educate you on the lead-up and subsequent reasoning behind what was done in the prosecution of that war.

Amazing what passes for history for some Americans. Put away your comic books Cpt Gullible

FDR locking up the Japs saved us from another Pearl Harbor

You evidently read, or research on your own, what I wrote. So let me use simple words that even YOU can understand.

After 7 June, 1942 (Pearl Harbor happened 7 December, 1941. Go ahead and count the number of months between then and 7 June, 1942. It's ok to use your fingers) Japan was militarily incapable of making another Pearl Harbor-like attack.

I bet you didn't even know that the Japanese militarily occupied a portion of a U.S. state between 3 June, 1942 and 29 July, 1943, and bombed an American town on the evening of June 3rd.

He was right.

Nonsense propaganda

Amazing what passes for history for some Americans. Put away your comic books Cpt Gullible

I think that you had better post some credible evidence that was the reason for FDR's internment of the Japanese.

You evidently read, or research on your own, what I wrote. So let me use simple words that even YOU can understand.

After 7 June, 1942 (Pearl Harbor happened 7 December, 1941. Go ahead and count the number of months between then and 7 June, 1942. It's ok to use your fingers) Japan was militarily incapable of making another Pearl Harbor-like attack.

I bet you didn't even know that the Japanese militarily occupied a portion of a U.S. state between 3 June, 1942 and 29 July, 1943, and bombed an American town on the evening of June 3rd.
You have to be one of the dumbest posters on this board. Takes everything literally. I hate when idiots are too dumb to know when someone is pulling their leg

He was right.

Nonsense propaganda

You're not real bright. Japan attacked pearl harbor because fdr cut off resources to them. Had nothing to do with locking up the japanese.

" FDR locking up the Japs saved us from another Pearl Harbor "

Oh, I don't think so. Nor is there any evidence that FDR would have executed the Japanese in those internment camps. From Wikipedia:

In 1980, under mounting pressure from the Japanese American Citizens League and redress organizations,[22] President Jimmy Carter opened an investigation to determine whether the decision to put Japanese Americans into internment camps had been justified by the government. He appointed the Commission on Wartime Relocation and Internment of Civilians (CWRIC) to investigate the camps. The Commission's report, titled Personal Justice Denied, found little evidence of Japanese disloyalty at the time and concluded that the incarceration had been the product of racism. It recommended that the government pay reparations to the survivors. In 1988, President Ronald Reagan signed into law the Civil Liberties Act of 1988, which apologized for the internment on behalf of the U.S. government and authorized a payment of $20,000 (equivalent to $41,000 in 2016) to each camp survivor. The legislation admitted that government actions were based on "race prejudice, war hysteria, and a failure of political leadership".[23] The U.S. government eventually disbursed more than $1.6 billion (equivalent to $3,240,000,000 in 2016) in reparations to 82,219 Japanese Americans who had been interned and their heirs.[22][24]

"..it had no legitimate national security function" and was unconstiatutional.

IOW, exactly what RWNJs want now.

He was right.

Nonsense propaganda

You're not real bright. Japan attacked pearl harbor because fdr cut off resources to them. Had nothing to do with locking up the japanese.
Pearl Harbor happened because not enough Japs were locked up

FDR knew he needed to lock them up to save us. He was right, there were no more Pearl Harbors once he interred the Japanese

You can't dispute history

" FDR locking up the Japs saved us from another Pearl Harbor "

Oh, I don't think so. Nor is there any evidence that FDR would have executed the Japanese in those internment camps. From Wikipedia:

In 1980, under mounting pressure from the Japanese American Citizens League and redress organizations,[22] President Jimmy Carter opened an investigation to determine whether the decision to put Japanese Americans into internment camps had been justified by the government. He appointed the Commission on Wartime Relocation and Internment of Civilians (CWRIC) to investigate the camps. The Commission's report, titled Personal Justice Denied, found little evidence of Japanese disloyalty at the time and concluded that the incarceration had been the product of racism. It recommended that the government pay reparations to the survivors. In 1988, President Ronald Reagan signed into law the Civil Liberties Act of 1988, which apologized for the internment on behalf of the U.S. government and authorized a payment of $20,000 (equivalent to $41,000 in 2016) to each camp survivor. The legislation admitted that government actions were based on "race prejudice, war hysteria, and a failure of political leadership".[23] The U.S. government eventually disbursed more than $1.6 billion (equivalent to $3,240,000,000 in 2016) in reparations to 82,219 Japanese Americans who had been interned and their heirs.[22][24]
Oh yea idiot?

Notice how we had no more attacks AFTER we locked them up?

Whatever you may say about the internment of Japanese-Americans, you cannot say that it had no legitimate national security function. We will never know what would have occurred, if the internment had not happened.

How about we intern all white men so we don't have any more Dylan Roofs? We never know when the next mass shooting will be and you seem to commit 95% of them.

Forum List

Back