Internment of Japanese-Americans During World War II

You know, Japanese Americans served in the military in WWII, and one of their units ended up being one of the most decorated units in the war.

Japanese American service in World War II - Wikipedia
Nice thoughts, but OFF TOPIC

Actually, no, it's not. Lots of people on this thread are supporting the internment camps because they say that the Japanese were responsible for WWII, and because of that, Japanese Americans had to be locked up in camps to provide security for this country because they thought there were spies in their midst.

I'm simply showing that not all Japanese were as bad as some people are trying to portray them. One of the most highly decorated units of WWII was a Japanese American unit that fought harder than damn near every other unit.

Whatever you may say about the internment of Japanese-Americans, you cannot say that it had no legitimate national security function. We will never know what would have occurred, if the internment had not happened.

The only way that a valid, objective assessment could be made, is if there was an internment, and no internment, and then compare the two side by side – which, of course, is impossible. We will simply never know.

What we CAN assess, is that if we had never allowed Muslims to immigrate here, or come here on visas, we would not have had many terrorist attacks, which, in total, have killed thousands of our people.

We can also assess that a Muslim ban is not only legal, it is required by the Constitution’s Supremacy Clause (Article 6, Section 2, Part 1)
Were Americans of German and Italian descent interred? Nope! Just the Americans of Japanese descent. It was racially motivated and did nothing to improve homeland security.

Americans of Japanese descent enlisted in the American armed forces. They were subsequently one of, it not the most decorated units serving our country.

Germans and Italians didn't attack Pearl Harbor....besides, they looked like us

It has nothing to do with any religion, except in your warped mind
Islam is not a religion, except in your suckered mind.

I'll have to be off this library computer very soon, so if you think you can come up with a rebuttal, you'll need to hurry.

PS - Article 6, Section 2, part 1 (the Supremacy Clause >> "This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land;

Got it now ? :rolleyes:
Islam is recognized as a religion by all major religions of the world, by international legal and diplomatic entities and by all dictionaries of scholastic standing. The denial of Islam being a religion is made by partisan political factions of the far extreme right and generally viewed as a fraudulent claim of no serious substance.

You know what I find amazing? How your ideology can switch, all because of a letter.

FDR was a freak'n military genius

He used interred Japanese as hostages

Hey Hirohito! Try that shit again and these Japs get it!
Notice how the Japanese didn't attack us again?

FDR was no military genius.

You can't argue with success

He turned the US from a third rate military power to the strongest military in history

Actually, that was Eisenhower, Bradly, Patton, MacArthur, etc.

FDR built the Arsenal of Democracy........Including the bomb that ended the war

Don't include MacArthur with those great Generals (you left off Marshall). MacArthur surrendered the Philippines and spent the whole war trying to get it back

I didn't realize FDR built the A-Bomb. Who knew? Here all this time I've been giving credit to Einstein and Oppenheimer.

Islam is recognized as a religion by all major religions of the world, by international legal and diplomatic entities and by all dictionaries of scholastic standing. The denial of Islam being a religion is made by partisan political factions of the far extreme right and generally viewed as a fraudulent claim of no serious substance.
Islam is not recognized as a religion by most people around the world, and even some NATIONS don't accept it as a religion (Example > Italy)

Italy: Islam Not Recognized as a Religion — Denied Religious Tax Status

Germans and Italians didn't attack Pearl Harbor....besides, they looked like us

40187a2c92febe41ed40f908c892dcba

Actually, no, it's not. Lots of people on this thread are supporting the internment camps because they say that the Japanese were responsible for WWII, and because of that, Japanese Americans had to be locked up in camps to provide security for this country because they thought there were spies in their midst.

I'm simply showing that not all Japanese were as bad as some people are trying to portray them. One of the most highly decorated units of WWII was a Japanese American unit that fought harder than damn near every other unit.
ACTUALLY, >>>

images

He turned the US from a third rate military power to the strongest military in history

Don't include MacArthur with those great Generals (you left off Marshall). MacArthur surrendered the Philippines and spent the whole war trying to get it back

I didn't realize FDR built the A-Bomb. Who knew? Here all this time I've been giving credit to Einstein and Oppenheimer.

Einstein didn't build it

Oppenheimer would have been teaching class if FDR did not approve the massive funds for a highly risky Manhattan Project
FDR not only approved the project but got them the scarce recourses they needed for the project

Last edited:
Whatever you may say about the internment of Japanese-Americans, you cannot say that it had no legitimate national security function. We will never know what would have occurred, if the internment had not happened.

The only way that a valid, objective assessment could be made, is if there was an internment, and no internment, and then compare the two side by side – which, of course, is impossible. We will simply never know.

What we CAN assess, is that if we had never allowed Muslims to immigrate here, or come here on visas, we would not have had many terrorist attacks, which, in total, have killed thousands of our people.

We can also assess that a Muslim ban is not only legal, it is required by the Constitution’s Supremacy Clause (Article 6, Section 2, Part 1)
Japanese internment camps were an unnecessary evil perpetuated by fear of those who are "different." Those internment camps stripped American citizens of their constitutional rights. Shame on you for advocating for such.
As far as the one thing you thought you were able to asses, you're wrong. Our own citizens commit the most acts of violence against our country.
Where America's Terrorists Actually Come From
Since 1975, ZERO, terrorist attacks have been carried out by citizens of the countries trump has been trying to ban. Zero.
This ban would have prevented nothing, zip, zilch, nada, zero.
It is motivated by the same fear and racism that motivated the internment of japanese citizens.
The attempted Muslim Bans are also illegal, check out the Immigration and nationality act of 1965.. good stuff, really!

U.S. Immigration Legislation: 1965 Immigration and Nationality Act (Hart-Cellar Act)

Where America's Terrorists Actually Come From

How Many Terrorist Attacks in the U.S. Have Been Carried Out by Immigrants from the 7 Banned Muslim Countries?

From Citizen to Enemy: The Tragedy of Japanese Internment | The Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History

What I read or heard was the reasoning for the interment of Japanese on the west coast was because they knew who were spies but didn't want the Japanese to know they knew so they interred all of the Japanese. Didn't really have to do with race per se except it was Japan that did bomb Pearl.
If that was true it would have seemed like a better idea to leave the spies free and feed them fake info. Kind of like the media does to all the libs.
I didn't say it was a great idea. But I think it would be hard to hide ship movements.

Of course, FDR did not draw the blueprints and invent the weapons of WWII, like the atomic bomb. What he did was instigate and implement the development of advanced weapons. Virtually all the major weapons, large and small, land, naval and air saw development under FDR. From the basic infantry rifle to the most advanced aircraft carriers ever put to sea, from the fastest and most deadly fighter aircraft to the most effective heavy bombers of the war, FDR had his hand directly in the development of those weapons. He came by the skill honestly and America could not ask for a better qualified President for the job. As an Assistant Sec. of the Navy during WWI, it was his specific job to prepare the Navy for WWI. As President, he knew exactly what need to be done to get American industry ready to build the arsenal that would be needed to win WWII.

It worked

There was no Japanese terrorism
Can't deny that.

Hey...FDR knew what he was doing

Before Japanese internment.....Pearl Fucking Harbor
After Japanese internment....No Japanese attacks
You know what I find amazing? How your ideology can switch, all because of a letter.

The Japanese plan was never to have sustained attacks against America. Their plan was to make a devastating attack against us so that we would immediately sue for peace. The Japanese government thought we were weak because of the isolationism ideology of America after WWI, and would avoid war at all costs. Yamamoto, who went to Harvard and knew of America's industrial might and that we were not a weak people, famously stated after Pearl Harbor that "All we have done is awaken a sleeping tiger" (some say Giant), and that Japan would only rule the Pacific for 6 months.

He was right.

4 months after Pearl, the "Doolittle Raid" bombed Tokyo with B-25 Mitchell's launched from the U.S.S. Hornet (that was sunk later in the war). 6 months later, (1 month after the Battle of the Coral Sea" that was a U.S. victory), at the "Battle of Midway" the U.S. Navy sunk 4 Japanese Aircraft Carriers and turned the tide of war in the Pacific.

The Japanese believed their homeland was guarded by the God's, so they were immune to attack. They believed that they were protected by a "Divine Wind", (a "Kamikaze" that had sunk a Chinese attack force centuries before in the Sea of Japan), and had never been attacked or invaded in history. The bombing of Tokyo proved them wrong.

Also, Japan was never able to recover from the losses of ships and experienced pilots suffered at Coral Sea and Midway. But the Bushido code of never surrendering, and dying for the Emperor, caused them to prolong the war far beyond their ability to fight a successful campaign.

I apologize to those already know all of this. There are a few here to seem not to know, and I thought it important for them to understand what happened in the Pacific.

As for FDR, I'm not sure that "military genius" applies. He was, however, a superb wartime leader.

It worked

Can't deny that.

The Japanese plan was never to have sustained attacks against America. Their plan was to make a devastating attack against us so that we would immediately sue for peace. The Japanese government thought we were weak because of the isolationism ideology of America after WWI, and would avoid war at all costs. Yamamoto, who went to Harvard and knew of America's industrial might and that we were not a weak people, famously stated after Pearl Harbor that "All we have done is awaken a sleeping tiger" (some say Giant), and that Japan would only rule the Pacific for 6 months.

He was right.

4 months after Pearl, the "Doolittle Raid" bombed Tokyo with B-25 Mitchell's launched from the U.S.S. Hornet (that was sunk later in the war). 6 months later, (1 month after the Battle of the Coral Sea" that was a U.S. victory), at the "Battle of Midway" the U.S. Navy sunk 4 Japanese Aircraft Carriers and turned the tide of war in the Pacific.

The Japanese believed their homeland was guarded by the God's, so they were immune to attack. They believed that they were protected by a "Divine Wind", (a "Kamikaze" that had sunk a Chinese attack force centuries before in the Sea of Japan), and had never been attacked or invaded in history. The bombing of Tokyo proved them wrong.

Also, Japan was never able to recover from the losses of ships and experienced pilots suffered at Coral Sea and Midway. But the Bushido code of never surrendering, and dying for the Emperor, caused them to prolong the war far beyond their ability to fight a successful campaign.

I apologize to those already know all of this. There are a few here to seem not to know, and I thought it important for them to understand what happened in the Pacific.

As for FDR, I'm not sure that "military genius" applies. He was, however, a superb wartime leader.

Nonsense propaganda

The Japs knew that if they attacked us again, FDR would have executed all the Japanese in his camps

See?.............It worked
They never attacked us again

It worked

Can't deny that.

So it was ok then but if it was a R now that rounded up muslims you would scream like a petulant school girl.

You dumb fuck

Japanese is not a religion

Japanese internment was bullshit. I cant believe the SC sided with it.
Which just goes to show that you can't trust the Supreme Court to protect your freedom. Judges are nothing more than political hacks put their to make the decisions their benefactors want them to make.

Einstein didn't build it

Oppenheimer would have been teaching class if FDR did not approve the massive funds for a highly risky Manhattan Project
FDR not only approved the project but got them the scarce recourses they needed for the project

Of course he didn't. No more so than FDR.

Forum List

Back